Age - where are ya all at?

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/28/2022 10:53pm
60 and in serious denial.
I've had my share of injuries, but most have buffed out.
I've been taking really good vitamins since I was 22, and feel that's why I can still race.
Still racing. Still riding a 125.
sandman768
9/29/2022 5:21am
55 and still riding 2-3 times a week, mountain & road bicycle in between. If you rest… you rust……nothing can replace pounding motos ….👍
Chance1216
9/29/2022 5:37am
sandman768 wrote:
55 and still riding 2-3 times a week, mountain & road bicycle in between. If you rest… you rust……nothing can replace pounding motos ….👍
If you rest, you rust. That’s a damn good saying.

The Shop

sandman768
9/29/2022 5:59am
Chance1216 wrote:
Truth… if my knees hurt, I ride bicycles, knees feel better….if my back is hurting, I swim or perform stretching routine…back feels better….sedentary lifestyle is the worst thing you can do as you get older….I have been injured and had to go into rehab mode a few times but overall, you just have to keep your body moving.
Chance1216
9/29/2022 6:07am
Chance1216 wrote:
sandman768 wrote:
Truth… if my knees hurt, I ride bicycles, knees feel better….if my back is hurting, I swim or perform stretching routine…back feels better….sedentary lifestyle is the...
Truth… if my knees hurt, I ride bicycles, knees feel better….if my back is hurting, I swim or perform stretching routine…back feels better….sedentary lifestyle is the worst thing you can do as you get older….I have been injured and had to go into rehab mode a few times but overall, you just have to keep your body moving.
I gotta get my ass in gear. I’m starting to rust lol. Old injuries and, arthritis kick my ass everyday.
sandman768
9/29/2022 6:14am
Chance1216 wrote:
I gotta get my ass in gear. I’m starting to rust lol. Old injuries and, arthritis kick my ass everyday.
I have good days & bad days as well…start slow, low impact cardio as your base. Stationary bike, swimming, rowing..you will feel better.. obviously diet plays a part, but staying hydrated is most important… plenty of water.
Chance1216
9/29/2022 6:26am
Chance1216 wrote:
sandman768 wrote:
I have good days & bad days as well…start slow, low impact cardio as your base. Stationary bike, swimming, rowing..you will feel better.. obviously diet plays...
I have good days & bad days as well…start slow, low impact cardio as your base. Stationary bike, swimming, rowing..you will feel better.. obviously diet plays a part, but staying hydrated is most important… plenty of water.
I have decent equipment. Elliptical, treadmill, heavy bag, two Hoist dual station machines and, an Olympic bench.
Along with a leg press machine and, a leg curl machine.

My biggest problem is after work (construction) and, being on my feet all day, my knees, back and, feet absolutely kill me. It’s almost to the point of feeling like my back is going to lock up. I started seeing a chiropractor earlier this year and, it’s helped some.

At this point, I’m thinking swimming would be the best thing for me. Then, build from there. I’ll have to look around and, see what’s available in my area. Exercise was a big part of my life. Then, about three years ago, it just felt like my body went to sh** and, everything hurts. It’s tough getting motivated dealing with pain. I’m not that old but, 45 shouldn’t feel like 65.
Rickyisms
9/29/2022 5:03pm
Crash217 wrote:
41. Somedays I can feel the broken femur, back, wrists etc. Most days have been GREAT the past year or so though, made a lot of...

Somedays I can feel the broken femur, back, wrists etc. Most days have been GREAT the past year or so though, made a lot of health positive changes over the past couple of years.

Only times I feel "old" are watching my daughter playing or when I line up next to a 20 something at a race.
When I’m lined up next to a 40 something as a 20 something, I’m always thinking man I hope I’m still doing this shit at his...
When I’m lined up next to a 40 something as a 20 something, I’m always thinking man I hope I’m still doing this shit at his age. What badass dude. Lol
Same here. I went riding last weekend with two +50 buddies and I’m 21, it’s actually pretty cool because they’re into 80s and 90s moto like I am. I can bring up certain races like Georgia SX 1990 and they’ll know exactly what happened.
ns503
9/29/2022 5:29pm
60. Never been busier in my life.
Ozy
9/30/2022 6:33pm
Late 3rd Quarter (I hope) My Orthopadic surgeon just shakes his head
SEEMEFIRST
9/30/2022 7:34pm
Ozy wrote:
Late 3rd Quarter (I hope) My Orthopadic surgeon just shakes his head
Hahaha, mine answers with "what did you do this time".
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/30/2022 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2022 10:33pm
I'm constantly searching for things to help my back pain. Later this morning I will be picking up a inversion table to add to my equipment. For me swimming is first prize but a day at work and the travel inbetween limits me time wise. Work, drive home, shower, cook...i do most of the cooking here. By the time I'm done eating I pretty much go to sleep. Try and get a minimum 8 hours each night.

My right leg is a tad shorter than my left due to a old femur break and I'm supposed to wear a shoe insert to level things out. It helps me to visit the chiropractor once a month to sort my alignment out.

Anyways...ill keep on rollin...happy weekend to ya all.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
9/30/2022 11:16pm
Boomslang wrote:
I'm constantly searching for things to help my back pain. Later this morning I will be picking up a inversion table to add to my equipment...
I'm constantly searching for things to help my back pain. Later this morning I will be picking up a inversion table to add to my equipment. For me swimming is first prize but a day at work and the travel inbetween limits me time wise. Work, drive home, shower, cook...i do most of the cooking here. By the time I'm done eating I pretty much go to sleep. Try and get a minimum 8 hours each night.

My right leg is a tad shorter than my left due to a old femur break and I'm supposed to wear a shoe insert to level things out. It helps me to visit the chiropractor once a month to sort my alignment out.

Right there with ya. I'm a tad shorter on the right too. A tad being about an inch. I've been wearing a Dr Shoals generic gel insert from rite aid stuffed into my asics. Two inserts is closer to the height I need but my foot won't fit in the shoe with 2. Next new pair of shoes is going to the alteration guy in town. I had these thongs made and wore them out already. I just ordered 2 more pairs. My hips and back feel better if I'm "Leveled out"

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
9/30/2022 11:38pm
Boomslang wrote:
I'm constantly searching for things to help my back pain. Later this morning I will be picking up a inversion table to add to my equipment...

sumdood wrote:
Right there with ya. I'm a tad shorter on the right too. A tad being about an inch. I've been wearing a Dr Shoals generic gel...
Right there with ya. I'm a tad shorter on the right too. A tad being about an inch. I've been wearing a Dr Shoals generic gel insert from rite aid stuffed into my asics. Two inserts is closer to the height I need but my foot won't fit in the shoe with 2. Next new pair of shoes is going to the alteration guy in town. I had these thongs made and wore them out already. I just ordered 2 more pairs. My hips and back feel better if I'm "Leveled out"

I really need to try that. Have not used a insert for years and I'm guessing it may be a contributing factor to my pains. The past month my back has been at it's worst.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
10/1/2022 1:00am
Boomslang wrote:
I really need to try that. Have not used a insert for years and I'm guessing it may be a contributing factor to my pains. The...
I really need to try that. Have not used a insert for years and I'm guessing it may be a contributing factor to my pains. The past month my back has been at it's worst.
Sorry to hear Boomslang, back pain is the worst. Hope you het it sorted. I can tell a difference between spending a day with the lift vs not. Without it the short side hip starts throbbing and I get those sharp stabs followed by scary tinging feelings in my lower back. Easy stretching in the jacuzzi helps but mines been leaking and the heater needs fixing LaughingLaughing
slowoldman
10/2/2022 6:18pm
Turn 51 this month. Still ride a YZ125, with a little work done to make it interesting. 🤪. I’ve been a mechanic since I was 17 out of high school, so yeah, everything is wore out, but it all still works and that’s all I can ask for. I retire at 55, Good Lord willing, so I am trying to preserve what’s left of this body to allow a lot of riding into my 60’s.
10/2/2022 6:56pm
Boomslang wrote:

Everyone says for a bad back get a inversion table. My lower back, neck etc is destroyed. I told the kid at the trk yard get me a different truck this one is destroyed. Not how you want to start . But I just drained 30k and a 10k loan on pt total waste of time. They won’t do surgery because the back and neck is destroyed. And there pushing the fact that I don’t hv any rights to do so. Because truckers r held at a much lower standard than an illegal even. Everything is blown out including the seat. My back for a few days felt worse than a freshly broken back. The usual all that expience you old school guys can handle the wore out junk. It’s the same everywhere I go. Nobody wants to hire a non tax credit person especially with a ton of exp , trained by the head of the dot and in charge of the strongest hhg rig trk line. I ran a few ne lds rt away here. So I ask what is the ne rate ? He says what r you talking about. I say to run the ne drivers r paid extra because nobody wants to b there. And everything is much more expensive. There is no parking and if you find a spot it’s not 17 it’s 35 at least. So we get extra pay even a mega carrier pays more. They don’t want to here it. I,m watching haichens and Africans from fl. Move into new or near new trks. They always wreck you should see the trk and trl yards totally demolished equipt.they pay them way less than what I make and they rip them off . So it’s hell I run 7 days a week illegal as hell. Honestly running a 130 lb jackhammer 2.75 hrs straight without a second off and only get a 1/2 in . A 6,5 Indian bro that fought on espn twice had the same jh and result. This is when he quit drinking and was motivated to get his life in order. He could drink 5-8 cases and 4 bottles in a day. Get a full sweat warming up then down a full bottle of vodka and enter the ring. That’s not even close to how physical this is. Ever inch of my body is spasming .getting the trl loaded by hand by illegals finally loaded.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/2/2022 10:20pm
Boomslang wrote:

Everyone says for a bad back get a inversion table. My lower back, neck etc is destroyed. I told the kid at the trk yard get...
Everyone says for a bad back get a inversion table. My lower back, neck etc is destroyed. I told the kid at the trk yard get me a different truck this one is destroyed. Not how you want to start . But I just drained 30k and a 10k loan on pt total waste of time. They won’t do surgery because the back and neck is destroyed. And there pushing the fact that I don’t hv any rights to do so. Because truckers r held at a much lower standard than an illegal even. Everything is blown out including the seat. My back for a few days felt worse than a freshly broken back. The usual all that expience you old school guys can handle the wore out junk. It’s the same everywhere I go. Nobody wants to hire a non tax credit person especially with a ton of exp , trained by the head of the dot and in charge of the strongest hhg rig trk line. I ran a few ne lds rt away here. So I ask what is the ne rate ? He says what r you talking about. I say to run the ne drivers r paid extra because nobody wants to b there. And everything is much more expensive. There is no parking and if you find a spot it’s not 17 it’s 35 at least. So we get extra pay even a mega carrier pays more. They don’t want to here it. I,m watching haichens and Africans from fl. Move into new or near new trks. They always wreck you should see the trk and trl yards totally demolished equipt.they pay them way less than what I make and they rip them off . So it’s hell I run 7 days a week illegal as hell. Honestly running a 130 lb jackhammer 2.75 hrs straight without a second off and only get a 1/2 in . A 6,5 Indian bro that fought on espn twice had the same jh and result. This is when he quit drinking and was motivated to get his life in order. He could drink 5-8 cases and 4 bottles in a day. Get a full sweat warming up then down a full bottle of vodka and enter the ring. That’s not even close to how physical this is. Ever inch of my body is spasming .getting the trl loaded by hand by illegals finally loaded.
I bought this one on Saturday. It's actually my second one. The first one I gifted to a friend who is suffering more than me.

I'm hanging no longer than 5 minutes a day.

My other go to is my massager unit that straps onto a chair and it gives a pretty good workout on my back muscles.

My Romboid and Erector spinae muscles are currently like concrete. Solid as effing rocks and the pain the last two days has been insane. I'll be on the phone shortly to try and get a Chiropractic appointment.

A deep sports massage helps but at R500 /hr (+ - $30/hr) it adds up fast.

I'm not the only one here with pain and it's challenges that I need to figure out.

Sorry to hear about your deal Profeshenal, sounds real shitty man.

10/4/2022 8:11pm
Boomslang wrote:

Everyone says for a bad back get a inversion table. My lower back, neck etc is destroyed. I told the kid at the trk yard get...
Boomslang wrote:
I bought this one on Saturday. It's actually my second one. The first one I gifted to a friend who is suffering more than me. I'm...
I bought this one on Saturday. It's actually my second one. The first one I gifted to a friend who is suffering more than me.

I'm hanging no longer than 5 minutes a day.

My other go to is my massager unit that straps onto a chair and it gives a pretty good workout on my back muscles.

My Romboid and Erector spinae muscles are currently like concrete. Solid as effing rocks and the pain the last two days has been insane. I'll be on the phone shortly to try and get a Chiropractic appointment.

A deep sports massage helps but at R500 /hr (+ - $30/hr) it adds up fast.

I'm not the only one here with pain and it's challenges that I need to figure out.

Sorry to hear about your deal Profeshenal, sounds real shitty man.

Yeah Thx. DO Not take melaxicam a antiflamatory side effects r horrible you feel like 100% out of it and in a fog when you wake up. I only took it b4 bed. Something that strong is doing some serious damage. 8-23 CDL physical blood showed up in my urine. 8-26 an apt I pushed for to get released from pt. 1st thing the dr and nurse said was blood showed up on your physical. You hv to take another urine test. This is a diff hospital network I guess everything now is shared. Blood showed up again. Then they push to see a specialist. I said I hv to leave and hit the rd. And I,m not doing anything about it unless we can do it now. This morning the pain in my left kidney was so bad I couldn’t hardly breath etc. I had to pull in a rest area b4 pigeon forge mtn pass , no where to pull ovr there. I,ve had back problems from getting kicked from my dad and flying 20 yards b4 I hit the ground from 5to 9.5 yrs old. Chiropractor since 7th grade when I moved to town. I,ve tried everything for the back including Horse Ben
Gay. DO Not try that either it turns your skin brite red and burns worse than fire. You hv to race to the shower and scrub it off and you get it scrubbed off and your skin is still burning. Haha

Post a reply to: Age - where are ya all at?

The Latest