Aflac? 🦆

Anyone use it? I’m self employed and currently on the mend. We all know it’s not if it’s when. How does it work?
|
Chance1216
8/10/2020 8:59am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 9:02am
I thought the supplemental benefits paid out for injuries and appointments would’ve been more. I only received $45 for a couple of appointments I had after a back injury. Considering the company I worked at was taking money each week to pay for their coverage, I didn’t think it was worth it.
After leaving the company, I discontinued paying into Aflac.

You can look up their website and most of the information is there. It’s been since 2008 so, many things may have changed in twelve years.
Team Ideal
8/10/2020 8:59am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 9:02am
We've had it for years. Our local agent said to be sure to never let it expire because there was no way they'd let us back on lol. It's paid for itself many times over for us. Myself and two sons.

I'd have to look which plan we have. It pays so much per surgery, some of the PT and pays a certian amount for broken bones I think. It even paid for a couple hotel rooms when we had to go over the night before on a couple surgeries.
8/10/2020 9:14am
Team Ideal wrote:
We've had it for years. Our local agent said to be sure to never let it expire because there was no way they'd let us back...
We've had it for years. Our local agent said to be sure to never let it expire because there was no way they'd let us back on lol. It's paid for itself many times over for us. Myself and two sons.

I'd have to look which plan we have. It pays so much per surgery, some of the PT and pays a certian amount for broken bones I think. It even paid for a couple hotel rooms when we had to go over the night before on a couple surgeries.
Gotcha my wife is a teacher so I’m on her benefits, would Aflac still be worth it to me?
Team Ideal
8/10/2020 9:20am
My wife works at a local electric co-op and has great insurance. That's actually where we got the Aflac too. It has been well worth it for us. But then again, we've had multiple injuries between us. I asked her to see which plan we had. Monday's are crazy for them so I'm not sure how quick she will get back to me.

The Shop

peelout
8/10/2020 9:23am
i have great insurance thanks to my wife (works for the State), but i've had Aflac for years. i am on the Dental, Accidental, Cancer, and Short Term Disability. i'd have to check what my payment is every month.

i had vision before i had my Cataract surgery and it almost paid for the surgery in full.

the thing with Aflac is remembering to get on and fill out the applications every time you go to the Dr. our agent was telling us how much money is not paid out because people don't take the time to apply for the forgiveness checks and wellness checks.
Team Ideal
8/10/2020 10:57am
we have the accident and cancer. thankfully we've never had to use the cancer but my wife's mom had it and it helped her out so I think mine signed up for it from that.

like peelout mentioned I'm sure a lot of people don't get the full benefit from having it because you have to file most of it and call Dr office to get stuff instead of just turning it in. All said and done for us though, it's been worth it.
8/10/2020 12:48pm
Team Ideal wrote:
My wife works at a local electric co-op and has great insurance. That's actually where we got the Aflac too. It has been well worth it...
My wife works at a local electric co-op and has great insurance. That's actually where we got the Aflac too. It has been well worth it for us. But then again, we've had multiple injuries between us. I asked her to see which plan we had. Monday's are crazy for them so I'm not sure how quick she will get back to me.
They got a motocross racer specific plan 😅
Team Ideal
8/10/2020 1:00pm
They got a motocross racer specific plan 😅
haha, a lot of ours were "around the house" accidents. I think they frown on racing so if it has to happen at the track then it was during practice not a race. I know twice it was written on the report it was racing for my youngest but they still payed and didn't ask any questions. I'm surprised they never have or my wife's work insurance either for that matter.

Post a reply to: Aflac? 🦆

The Latest