AMC

ratbeagle139
Fantasy
3055th
6/11/2021 5:21am
If we can keep it above $40/share through the 18th of this month we'll be in good shape.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
6/11/2021 9:54am
If we can keep it above $40/share through the 18th of this month we'll be in good shape.
How so?
Stephon
6/11/2021 10:37am
Markee wrote:
How so?
Yes, please explain…I’m sitting way up in the cheap seats.
dmm698
6/11/2021 10:58am
Markee wrote:
How so?
Stephon wrote:
I haven't looked at the technicals, but i'm sure his thought process has to do with the # of O/I on call's up through the 40$ mark with 6/18 expirations. Reason being is MM's probably didnt hedge themselves appropriately prior to the run up, forcing them to buy shares to cover the contracts.

I hate to say it, but 99.99999% of the "DD" you see on AMC/GME/ ect are people regurgitating fallacy's and stuff they heard or read on WSB. That sub has gone to dog poo. And this is from somebody who made out well on GME. Go searching for DD on the bear thesis because it seems like its few and far between online for anything other than confirmation bias.

The Shop

Zycki11
6/11/2021 11:19am
Markee wrote:
How so?
Stephon wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
I haven't looked at the technicals, but i'm sure his thought process has to do with the # of O/I on call's up through the 40$...
I haven't looked at the technicals, but i'm sure his thought process has to do with the # of O/I on call's up through the 40$ mark with 6/18 expirations. Reason being is MM's probably didnt hedge themselves appropriately prior to the run up, forcing them to buy shares to cover the contracts.

I hate to say it, but 99.99999% of the "DD" you see on AMC/GME/ ect are people regurgitating fallacy's and stuff they heard or read on WSB. That sub has gone to dog poo. And this is from somebody who made out well on GME. Go searching for DD on the bear thesis because it seems like its few and far between online for anything other than confirmation bias.
Yep. Options expiring in the money June 18th (450,000) of them means they are going to have a massive amount of Failure To Delivers which is going to trigger a large gamma squeeze which quite possibly could actually start the real squeeze. We shall see.
dmm698
6/11/2021 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 12:04pm
Stephon wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
I haven't looked at the technicals, but i'm sure his thought process has to do with the # of O/I on call's up through the 40$...

Zycki11 wrote:
Yep. Options expiring in the money June 18th (450,000) of them means they are going to have a massive amount of Failure To Delivers which is...
Yep. Options expiring in the money June 18th (450,000) of them means they are going to have a massive amount of Failure To Delivers which is going to trigger a large gamma squeeze which quite possibly could actually start the real squeeze. We shall see.
I dont know the answer, but you are pushing this so maybe you can enlighten me-

Such a small percentage of people are actually going to exercise those calls. Dont they just end up back in the MM's hands esentially hedging themselves? They sold the calls, and if we assume they were naked, and now they have them back, they've closed. I dont know , thus why i'm asking, I dont sell naked calls or puts LOL.

Also, Have you been buying shares in the 40/50/60/70$ range? If so, what is your cost basis?
6/11/2021 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 12:52pm
Stephon wrote:
dmm698 wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
Yep. Options expiring in the money June 18th (450,000) of them means they are going to have a massive amount of Failure To Delivers which is...
Hmmm, maybe I should execute my 18th call a little early then. What happens if I let it expire in the money? Do I just get the shares?
ratbeagle139
Fantasy
3055th
6/11/2021 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 4:13pm
Stephon wrote:
dmm698 wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
Zycki11 already answered my thought exactly. IF..we’re going to see a legit short-squeeze, the expiry on this load of call options should be our kickstart. Next week’s probably going to be a ride to try and throw us off, worth not selling just to see what happens IMO. Could be close to something big, could just end up being $25-$35 share at which point most of us still did pretty well.
Zycki11
6/12/2021 11:21am
dmm698 wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
dmm698 wrote:
I dont know the answer, but you are pushing this so maybe you can enlighten me- Such a small percentage of people are actually going to...
I dont know the answer, but you are pushing this so maybe you can enlighten me-

Such a small percentage of people are actually going to exercise those calls. Dont they just end up back in the MM's hands esentially hedging themselves? They sold the calls, and if we assume they were naked, and now they have them back, they've closed. I dont know , thus why i'm asking, I dont sell naked calls or puts LOL.

Also, Have you been buying shares in the 40/50/60/70$ range? If so, what is your cost basis?
It would force the hedges to cover. Even if people roll them into a new option it won’t matter. With that large volume it’s going to hurt them.
Zycki11
6/12/2021 11:23am
dmm698 wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
Hmmm, maybe I should execute my 18th call a little early then. What happens if I let it expire in the money? Do I just get...
Hmmm, maybe I should execute my 18th call a little early then. What happens if I let it expire in the money? Do I just get the shares?
You have the option to roll it or turn it into shares. At this point I would turn it into shares. Options are good for liquidity to buy shares. But it doesn’t help the buying pressure on shares. That’s what we need for the short squeeze. Buying pressure that creates FOMO
nytsmaC
6/12/2021 5:38pm
I rode it from 13 to 64, I’ll watch from the sidelines unless it drops to the low 30’s for another swing.
Zycki11
6/13/2021 11:46am
Well, this is going to get very interesting this week. The federal government is also repoing the $720 billion they lent the banks for covid starting the 24th.
6/13/2021 11:57am
Zycki11 wrote:
Well, this is going to get very interesting this week. The federal government is also repoing the $720 billion they lent the banks for covid starting...
Well, this is going to get very interesting this week. The federal government is also repoing the $720 billion they lent the banks for covid starting the 24th.
I think if the hedge funds weren't able to hold the line on a Friday and it actually gained then we should be in for a good week. Who knows though? Maybe they're saving all their ammo for when so many calls expire next Friday.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/13/2021 3:59pm
You guys getting into CLOV at all? I have a little for investing when the markets open and was curious on your thoughts on that one.
Zycki11
6/13/2021 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2021 4:12pm
KennyT wrote:
You guys getting into CLOV at all? I have a little for investing when the markets open and was curious on your thoughts on that one.
I’m focused on amc at the moment. When that plays out I’m sure something else will be going at the time.

I think CLOV is a distraction. It’s a pump and dump stock
6/13/2021 4:56pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m focused on amc at the moment. When that plays out I’m sure something else will be going at the time. I think CLOV is a...
I’m focused on amc at the moment. When that plays out I’m sure something else will be going at the time.

I think so too. Every day last week there was some stock that they were saying was "a reddit short squeeze" it was propoganda, just my amateur opinion after the great squeeze of GameStop in 2020. AMC volume went way down when they were distracting people with those each day.
6/13/2021 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2021 4:58pm
This week will be pivotal. keep HODLing. This is not investment advice. I'm a dumb ape and I don't know what I'm doing
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/13/2021 6:12pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m focused on amc at the moment. When that plays out I’m sure something else will be going at the time. I think CLOV is a...

I think so too. Every day last week there was some stock that they were saying was "a reddit short squeeze" it was propoganda, just my...
I think so too. Every day last week there was some stock that they were saying was "a reddit short squeeze" it was propoganda, just my amateur opinion after the great squeeze of GameStop in 2020. AMC volume went way down when they were distracting people with those each day.
I may get a little more AMC this week if it dips below 50
6/13/2021 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2021 7:22pm
KennyT wrote:
I may get a little more AMC this week if it dips below 50
I might be trying to get some .50 options. I saw this one and almost shit myself... $2600 for the right to buy 100 shares at .50. Averages out to about $25 per sher. Then it refreshed and the price tripled. If it took off it would be a huge upside. I might keep looking at these if it goes down. I'm always cruising for a good option deal on red days.
dmm698
6/14/2021 4:58am
dmm698 wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:
Hmmm, maybe I should execute my 18th call a little early then. What happens if I let it expire in the money? Do I just get...
if your call is well ITM, sell it. Like, Monday AM if its well ITM as you still have a week of theta built into it as premium, and with volatility high, you'll get much more than 100*strike that you would just exercising to buy shares. Then once you sell the option , buy shares if thats what you'd like to do.

IE: 6/18 40C, underlying price is say 50$, you have almost 10*100$ in intrinsic, and then some extrinsic amount (built of theta and volatility). If you exercise, you lose the extrinsic value, and just get the intrinsic value. So you'd own the 100 shares at 40$, but you probably gave up the couple hundred in extrinsic value. Thats why sell it and buy shares.

I get a kick out of the "everything else is a distraction!". It screams, buy what i've already bought, who cares if you're a bag holder.

Folks calling UWMC a distraction, when its a legit company, thats way undervalued and has a heavy short interest with multiple catalysts. Disclosure, i've already exited my position, 400+% on calls. And the options were extremely cheap, like 0.10$/contract over the underlying price on options that were ITM with 2 Weeks until expiration.
ratbeagle139
Fantasy
3055th
6/14/2021 6:30am
BOA has 700k shorts publicly on CLOV. It’s FUD.
6/14/2021 7:02am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2021 7:03am
dmm698 wrote:
if your call is well ITM, sell it. Like, Monday AM if its well ITM as you still have a week of theta built into it...
if your call is well ITM, sell it. Like, Monday AM if its well ITM as you still have a week of theta built into it as premium, and with volatility high, you'll get much more than 100*strike that you would just exercising to buy shares. Then once you sell the option , buy shares if thats what you'd like to do.

IE: 6/18 40C, underlying price is say 50$, you have almost 10*100$ in intrinsic, and then some extrinsic amount (built of theta and volatility). If you exercise, you lose the extrinsic value, and just get the intrinsic value. So you'd own the 100 shares at 40$, but you probably gave up the couple hundred in extrinsic value. Thats why sell it and buy shares.

I get a kick out of the "everything else is a distraction!". It screams, buy what i've already bought, who cares if you're a bag holder.

Folks calling UWMC a distraction, when its a legit company, thats way undervalued and has a heavy short interest with multiple catalysts. Disclosure, i've already exited my position, 400+% on calls. And the options were extremely cheap, like 0.10$/contract over the underlying price on options that were ITM with 2 Weeks until expiration.
It's pretty much exactly the same profit as it would be if I just had the shares. I'm up $3000 on it and if I had 100 shares at $20 and I'd I had the shares I would be up right st $3000. I figure if we squeeze and go higher then I have a chance to make more off those 100 shares. If I sell it to buy shares then I'm at a much higher price for those shares
Zycki11
6/14/2021 8:56am
dmm698 wrote:
if your call is well ITM, sell it. Like, Monday AM if its well ITM as you still have a week of theta built into it...

It's pretty much exactly the same profit as it would be if I just had the shares. I'm up $3000 on it and if I had...
It's pretty much exactly the same profit as it would be if I just had the shares. I'm up $3000 on it and if I had 100 shares at $20 and I'd I had the shares I would be up right st $3000. I figure if we squeeze and go higher then I have a chance to make more off those 100 shares. If I sell it to buy shares then I'm at a much higher price for those shares
It’s best to sell and buy shares with it. Buying the shares creates buying pressure. The hedges want you to buy options because it gives them a chance to get money back. If you have options don’t make it your portfolio. 80/20 stocks to options rule.
ns503
6/15/2021 5:38am
Zycki11 wrote:
dmm698 wrote:

I think I need an interpreter for this one. Sideways
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/15/2021 7:16am
dmm698 wrote:

ns503 wrote:
My abilities are pretty stretched at symbol - quantity - buy - sell 😂
6/15/2021 7:59am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2021 8:00am
dmm698 wrote:

ns503 wrote:
If your call option has made you money sell it - don’t take the shares because with the money you make selling the contract(option) you can still buy 100 shares on the open market and have money left over. The longer you wait until the call date the more money you potentially lose because the time value is going down(theta) as in less days to the date = less money for the contract.

The man likes UWMC stock, made a 400% gain on some options but currently has no position in it.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/16/2021 9:30pm
For those of you that go on Reddit’s AMC forum. What is the talk amongst posters projecting $500,000? I mean they can’t be serious. Where do they think that kind of money would come from? Don’t you think a more realistic goal of “going to the moon” would be n the $200-$300 range? Shit,
I’d be stoked if it ever got to triple digits….6 figure seems beyond absurd
6/17/2021 5:11am
KennyT wrote:
For those of you that go on Reddit’s AMC forum. What is the talk amongst posters projecting $500,000? I mean they can’t be serious. Where do...
For those of you that go on Reddit’s AMC forum. What is the talk amongst posters projecting $500,000? I mean they can’t be serious. Where do they think that kind of money would come from? Don’t you think a more realistic goal of “going to the moon” would be n the $200-$300 range? Shit,
I'm pretty sure firms would take the securities fraud convictions before buying those options, lol.
Zycki11
6/17/2021 5:32am
KennyT wrote:
For those of you that go on Reddit’s AMC forum. What is the talk amongst posters projecting $500,000? I mean they can’t be serious. Where do...
I'm pretty sure firms would take the securities fraud convictions before buying those options, lol.
Even if they did, they would be forced to buy the shares real and synthetic back.

As for the $500,000 floor. I mainly look at it as continue to buy and hold and don’t sell at least until they cover. Personally? I’m going to sell on the downtrend after a couple days. Nobody has any idea what the price per share will be. Butttttt theoretically, it’s doable.
6/17/2021 5:50am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2021 5:50am
Zycki11 wrote:
Even if they did, they would be forced to buy the shares real and synthetic back. As for the $500,000 floor. I mainly look at it...
Even if they did, they would be forced to buy the shares real and synthetic back.

As for the $500,000 floor. I mainly look at it as continue to buy and hold and don’t sell at least until they cover. Personally? I’m going to sell on the downtrend after a couple days. Nobody has any idea what the price per share will be. Butttttt theoretically, it’s doable.
Forced. Laughing

If I had enough money to fulfill that obligation that could be seized to pay that option, I'm with Bezos and leaving Earth behind. No one's got jurisdiction to extradite me from my personal space station.

Post a reply to: AMC

The Latest