AMC

m121c
6/2/2021 10:22am
Sitting on the sidelines for this one unfortunately. Made some money on the first little squeeze, this one is nuts, but I can't find myself to buy in at this point. My account took a hit a couple months ago in a few small cap swings I was going after. Just starting to recover, can't blow it up with FOMO.

Hoping this interest boils over into $CLOV. Been holding for months, starting to creep towards green and today seems promising.
Stephon
6/2/2021 12:15pm
ns503 wrote:
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I...
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I have some already I got a few months ago that has slowly gotten to the 70% gain area. Should have got more. My problem is I don't have any free cash - mostly tied up in long term dividend stuff that has also been doing good, or smaller cap growth stuff that was doing real good, then dipped bad the last month or two, but is coming back up again. So I haven't been able to decide what I can or should sell. Yet. All kinds of tips out there on what to buy, but not much on what/when to sell.
lestat wrote:
I have CGX too . It won’t do what AMC is doing but 20 seems like a no brainer . I’m out around 24 , unless...
I have CGX too . It won’t do what AMC is doing but 20 seems like a no brainer . I’m out around 24 , unless it hits that high quickly , then I will wait and see . But I’m an idiot ...
Did you get out at $24?

I'm on the ride, got in at $7.79...gotta figure out my exit strategy.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
6/2/2021 12:30pm
Got into BB this morning...up 30% for me today..

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/2/2021 12:56pm
ns503 wrote:
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I...
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I have some already I got a few months ago that has slowly gotten to the 70% gain area. Should have got more. My problem is I don't have any free cash - mostly tied up in long term dividend stuff that has also been doing good, or smaller cap growth stuff that was doing real good, then dipped bad the last month or two, but is coming back up again. So I haven't been able to decide what I can or should sell. Yet. All kinds of tips out there on what to buy, but not much on what/when to sell.
lestat wrote:
I have CGX too . It won’t do what AMC is doing but 20 seems like a no brainer . I’m out around 24 , unless...
I have CGX too . It won’t do what AMC is doing but 20 seems like a no brainer . I’m out around 24 , unless it hits that high quickly , then I will wait and see . But I’m an idiot ...
Stephon wrote:
Did you get out at $24?

That’s tough to figure out. Lots of people saying it’s going into the hundreds so I’m hanging on. It would make me sick to get out at this point and see it really take off. Good luck 👍
6/2/2021 1:28pm
hOdLiNg strong. Might sell an option tomorrow so I can pay to execute the other ones. Now my wife listens to me when I talk about stonks. This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy...
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/2/2021 1:29pm
Thoughts on blackberry?
mxtech1
6/2/2021 4:30pm
KennyT wrote:
Thoughts on blackberry?
IMHO....it’s a distraction. Focus on AMC and GME.

Theory is they pump other stocks to get retail investment distracted to keep the cash flow out of AMC and GME.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/2/2021 4:39pm
KennyT wrote:
Thoughts on blackberry?
mxtech1 wrote:
IMHO....it’s a distraction. Focus on AMC and GME. Theory is they pump other stocks to get retail investment distracted to keep the cash flow out of...

Theory is they pump other stocks to get retail investment distracted to keep the cash flow out of AMC and GME.
Thank you 🙏
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
6/2/2021 5:07pm
KennyT wrote:
Thoughts on blackberry?
mxtech1 wrote:
IMHO....it’s a distraction. Focus on AMC and GME. Theory is they pump other stocks to get retail investment distracted to keep the cash flow out of...

They make NAKD and Sndl look so tempting though lol
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
6/2/2021 6:15pm
KennyT wrote:
Thoughts on blackberry?
mxtech1 wrote:

My BB investment was up 31% today- not a bad distraction...
6/2/2021 9:14pm
I bought s few Nokia calls because that was talked about on wallstreet bets and it seems like it could squeeze later on. Who knows. Hope for a good green day tomorrow too.
lestat
6/2/2021 10:10pm
ns503 wrote:
lestat wrote:
Stephon wrote:
Did you get out at $24?

I was referring to CGX .
ns503
6/3/2021 3:52am
KennyT wrote:
Thoughts on blackberry?
mxtech1 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:
My BB investment was up 31% today- not a bad distraction...
My kid has some BB. Not sure how much but would only be a little. Told him day before yesterday he might want to hold on. Yesterday told him maybe put his seat belt on. He was red until yesterday now he's green again.

I was going to get in on it a couple months ago. Think I mentioned that then in the other stock thread on here. But didn't. Always lots of regrets & second guessing in this game.

Need more liquidity, dammitall. Silly
ns503
6/3/2021 3:58am
lestat wrote:
Stephon wrote:
Did you get out at $24?

lestat wrote:
I was referring to CGX .
I'm just going to sit on my CGX likely for a while yet. I don't have a lot, was one of my first buys when I started dipping my toes in this stuff. I'm not really too optimistic of it launching like AMC. I don't think there's much short action on it? But there should at least be some growth toward pre-pandemic levels as things open up more.

I did get a couple K's worth of VFF during a big dip last month. I got in & out of it once before the past year but only at a 10% gain. It's also on the up especially yesterday & has been getting a bit of short squeeze type talk lately too.
mxtech1
6/3/2021 9:00am
Did we lose anybody? Wild ride this morning. I lost most of what I gained yesterday...still holding strong. Woof.
Not selling.

A pullback, at some point, was expected. GME had similar trends before it peaked in January.

Perspective helps....we are still up 146% in the last 5 days even with this morning's ~26% manipulation and up 365% in the last 30 days Smile
6/3/2021 9:14am
Did we lose anybody? Wild ride this morning. I lost most of what I gained yesterday...still holding strong. Woof.
mxtech1 wrote:
Not selling. A pullback, at some point, was expected. GME had similar trends before it peaked in January. Perspective helps....we are still up 146% in the...
Not selling.

A pullback, at some point, was expected. GME had similar trends before it peaked in January.

Perspective helps....we are still up 146% in the last 5 days even with this morning's ~26% manipulation and up 365% in the last 30 days Smile
Yep, this is the way...when you're thinking about selling just zoom out to see how far we've come.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/3/2021 9:29am
I’m holding on. Hoping my transfer clears n time to buy a little more while it’s down
SEE ARE125
6/3/2021 10:59am
This is exactly why you hold and don’t panic sell. Went from like -30% this morning to +9% now. Laughing
ratbeagle139
Fantasy
3084th
6/3/2021 11:07am
Nope! Still holding, even bought a few more this morning.
6/3/2021 11:13am
I got two more at a discount this morning too. Yee haw, we are back green. That was the wildest ride of my life. I wish I would have just slept in and missed it all
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/3/2021 11:35am
I got two more at a discount this morning too. Yee haw, we are back green. That was the wildest ride of my life. I wish...
I got two more at a discount this morning too. Yee haw, we are back green. That was the wildest ride of my life. I wish I would have just slept in and missed it all
If I’m reading this rollercoaster the right way I’m thinking we survived the onslaught and now the rocket is back on track 👊🦍

Am I okay to order tacos for lunch?
JWACK
6/3/2021 11:46am
I’m holding still. But damn that was a rough morning.
6/3/2021 12:34pm
I got two more at a discount this morning too. Yee haw, we are back green. That was the wildest ride of my life. I wish...
KennyT wrote:
If I’m reading this rollercoaster the right way I’m thinking we survived the onslaught and now the rocket is back on track 👊🦍 Am I okay...
If I’m reading this rollercoaster the right way I’m thinking we survived the onslaught and now the rocket is back on track 👊🦍

Tough to say..... I think things look good if we survived a 44% drop today and recovered mostly. Last Friday there was a big sell off for the holiday weekend. I'm sure people wanted their cash. There could be another sell off tomorrow too.

It looks like they are acknowledging that this could be a pretty bumpy ride for people. It makes me think more about where my exit point will be. I'm still not sure. Holding for now.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3702925-amc-down-25-warns-investors-they-…
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/3/2021 3:34pm
KennyT wrote:
If I’m reading this rollercoaster the right way I’m thinking we survived the onslaught and now the rocket is back on track 👊🦍 Am I okay...

Tough to say..... I think things look good if we survived a 44% drop today and recovered mostly. Last Friday there was a big sell off...
Tough to say..... I think things look good if we survived a 44% drop today and recovered mostly. Last Friday there was a big sell off for the holiday weekend. I'm sure people wanted their cash. There could be another sell off tomorrow too.

It looks like they are acknowledging that this could be a pretty bumpy ride for people. It makes me think more about where my exit point will be. I'm still not sure. Holding for now.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3702925-amc-down-25-warns-investors-they-…
I was tempted to cash out some yesterday but I’ve decided to let it stay and see if it can get to $100. I didn’t invest a bunch so if it tanks I won’t miss it too bad. Would def be disappointed though after yesterday’s excitement
Dutch348
6/3/2021 8:03pm
I have a buddy who bought at 30 for about $400k and hasn’t sold any. He bought another $50k today at the dip.

Post a reply to: AMC

The Latest