AMC

Zycki11
5/28/2021 8:52pm
I understand what y’all are trying to do - I truly hope the squeeze happens for y’all. There’s just no way I’m carrying a trade on...
I understand what y’all are trying to do - I truly hope the squeeze happens for y’all. There’s just no way I’m carrying a trade on a meme stock over the weekend. Having said that, I hope it gaps open on Tuesday and hits $40 or even $50 by the day’s end.

I made just over 77% in two days. Didn’t buy the high and didn’t buy the low but that’s the way it goes. Also, my wife is supposed to be induced on Tuesday and I kind of want to be present for that literally and figuratively (our third child and first girl). Watching AMC’s stock ticker wouldn’t be cool and I’d want to because I’ve learned cutting losses quick works best for me.

I also appreciated the Buffet quote - I love quotes on money. One of my favorites from the movie Margin Call

“It’s just money; it’s made up. Pieces of paper with pictures on it so we don’t have to kill each other just to get something to eat.”

That’s a great movie. Good luck with the daughter.
5/29/2021 5:38am
If I could just seperate emotion from the money I earn working for a living. It might help me with options.

How many struggle with that?!
Zycki11
5/29/2021 11:10am
If I could just seperate emotion from the money I earn working for a living. It might help me with options.

Lower the amount. Find the amount that your ok with losing. Then use that as your base and start building. Eventually, you will be comfortable with larger amounts. Formulate a plan and stick with it.
5/29/2021 2:50pm

I read a book awhile back written by a psychiatrist/trader one thing I took from it is he said it’s like being an alcoholic. The first step to trading is to admit that you’re a loser (In the markets) just like an alcoholic has to realize they’re an alcoholic.

Once you realize how fallible you are only then would you trade with a entry and exit and only allow up to 3% losses on your total trading account. It helps takes the emotions out of it.

When I first started trading I made all the same mistakes most everyone else makes. Going smaller definitely helps calm emotions as well. Options prices move so fast and the first time you’re up $5k for the day on some call options you’re like I got this it’s going to keep going! Then the market moves against you and the rationalization starts. I’ll just see what happens tomorrow, etc. “Nobody ever went broke taking profits”. Again, have an entry and exit before you enter a trade.

BTW the book is Trading For a Living by Dr. Alexander Elder.

The Shop

5/29/2021 3:58pm

For me I had to miss out on a lot of money to learn to just hold and have faith. Travel nursing helped to get cash in my Robinhood and etrade accounts
lestat
5/29/2021 5:02pm
ns503 wrote:
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I...
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I have some already I got a few months ago that has slowly gotten to the 70% gain area. Should have got more. My problem is I don't have any free cash - mostly tied up in long term dividend stuff that has also been doing good, or smaller cap growth stuff that was doing real good, then dipped bad the last month or two, but is coming back up again. So I haven't been able to decide what I can or should sell. Yet. All kinds of tips out there on what to buy, but not much on what/when to sell.
I have CGX too . It won’t do what AMC is doing but 20 seems like a no brainer . I’m out around 24 , unless it hits that high quickly , then I will wait and see . But I’m an idiot ...
5/29/2021 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2021 6:26pm
It sounds like Tuesday should be good for AMC according to a couple random redditers, the people who pulled out for the extended holiday weekend will probably be back. but I'm an idiot and this is not investment advice.

I've been holding my AMC for months, so it's not a big deal if I just keep holding through this and see what happens.
SEE ARE125
5/29/2021 6:50pm

It’s impossible to lose money in the stock market. You either make money or pay for a lesson. Laughing
5/31/2021 3:50am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2021 2:19pm
AMC up today on Frankfort stock exchange - currently up 8%. Popped on open to almost 30 Euros and then back down. It’s now at $24 and change or almost $30US.

I don’t follow other listings just the major US exchanges but the rise in Frankfurt last week looks lockstep with the US. This guy may have legs after all. Good luck tomorrow moto brothers!
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
5/31/2021 4:32am

SEE ARE125 wrote:
It’s impossible to lose money in the stock market. You either make money or pay for a lesson. Laughing
I've never traded stocks. Until now. Sold my stock I have for the company I work for to generate some cash. NUE, It recently tripled and I don't see it exceeding where it is now. All time high at 102.00.

I'm in on AMC.

Got 55 shares on Thursday. Not a lot, but figured I dip my toe in first.
6/1/2021 9:36am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2021 9:37am
That morning dip had me worried that it would be a Friday repeat, but looks like we're back on track. I was trying to find info on how high the short interest in on AMC, I'll keep digging, I heard it was 17%, 20% is a good number from what I've read.
6/1/2021 9:45am
I bought back in on the way to the hospital. Good day either way.

mxtech1
6/1/2021 10:20am
I bought back in on the way to the hospital. Good day either way. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/06/01/496024/s1200_9A12D020_847E_4F88_91AD_F82FBCED3CDC.jpg[/img]
I bought back in on the way to the hospital. Good day either way.

Good luck! Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the delivery.
rucka356
6/1/2021 4:19pm
Over $38 in after hours trading... pretty good day
Zycki11
6/1/2021 4:25pm
Honestly don’t think about selling until the vote is counted. This thing is literally about to burst. When I say burst I mean in a good way. All analytics are pointing towards it. Today alone citadel had one of its smaller hedge funds also ran by Greenfield sell 8.5 million shares at lunch to try and lower the share value. When hedges are using sub companies to do this tactict it’s a great thing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
6/1/2021 4:26pm
i had fomo and bought 325 shares this morning.
JWACK
6/1/2021 5:40pm
Great job fellas! I could sell now and have enough profits to buy any new bike I want!
But I’m not selling! Not even close. Amc1000k
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/1/2021 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2021 6:05pm
I hope I’m not screwing up. I bought another 70 today at 31.48. At some point I need to figure out a number to not go over on buying. I got my first batch at 14 so it was really hard for me to buy it at what it was today.
mxtech1
6/1/2021 7:28pm
KennyT wrote:
I hope I’m not screwing up. I bought another 70 today at 31.48. At some point I need to figure out a number to not go...
I hope I’m not screwing up. I bought another 70 today at 31.48. At some point I need to figure out a number to not go over on buying. I got my first batch at 14 so it was really hard for me to buy it at what it was today.
Only you can answer that question! Never buy more than you can afford to lose. Do your homework. Follow the AMCstock thread on Reddit and learn about what people are saying.

If you are going to buy, the morning dip has been the best time the last few weeks. You might be able to catch some dips and average down a bit, but then again, it has so much momentum right now we may or may not see $31 again anytime soon.
6/1/2021 7:35pm
The struggle was real to get ready for work tonight. I know my wife is sick of me talking about AMC, but this is so much fun.
SEE ARE125
6/2/2021 6:51am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2021 6:59am
Zycki11 wrote:
Honestly don’t think about selling until the vote is counted. This thing is literally about to burst. When I say burst I mean in a good...
Honestly don’t think about selling until the vote is counted. This thing is literally about to burst. When I say burst I mean in a good way. All analytics are pointing towards it. Today alone citadel had one of its smaller hedge funds also ran by Greenfield sell 8.5 million shares at lunch to try and lower the share value. When hedges are using sub companies to do this tactict it’s a great thing.
Yep, highly likely there will be more votes cast than shares exist. If anyone in here hasn’t already done it, GO VOTE. Your broker should email you your proxy number and a link to vote. You’ll have to be a shareholder of record by a certain date, I’m not sure what date that is for AMC, but it was April 15th(I think) for GME. I voted as soon as I received my email.

To sum it up, each share = 1 vote. If AMC gets more votes cast than shares exist, it proves there are synthetic shares floating around, and AMC will most likely want to do a share recall to sort it out. That will cause the hedgefunds to scramble to buy shares which will in turn ignite the rocket. Buy, vote and hold is all you need to do.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
6/2/2021 7:35am
Added my last chunk today. Riding this out from here. Good luck guys
6/2/2021 8:13am
Hodling this position for the Apes. I’ll leave it be.

Three-way tie for best day ever yesterday.

mxtech1
6/2/2021 9:28am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2021 9:30am
Hodling this position for the Apes. I’ll leave it be. Three-way tie for best day ever yesterday. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/06/02/496122/s1200_132E0634_2FF2_411B_9C8F_90BD87DA222E.jpg[/img]
Hodling this position for the Apes. I’ll leave it be.

Three-way tie for best day ever yesterday.

Congratulations. Welcome to the world baby APE!
mxtech1
6/2/2021 9:29am
Halted at $61.71

This is getting spicy

SEE ARE125
6/2/2021 9:35am
Was that a margin call or WTF? Both AMC and GME had huge spikes at the same time.
mxtech1
6/2/2021 9:46am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Was that a margin call or WTF? Both AMC and GME had huge spikes at the same time.
I haven't read anywhere that anyone has been margin called yet.

More realistic scenario is that they are realizing this might go parabolic and they are starting to cover some options that have expired in the money in the last few weeks.

Pure manipulation though when it halts at over $61 then is immediately down to $53 when the circuit breaker flips back on.
SEE ARE125
6/2/2021 9:51am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
I haven't read anywhere that anyone has been margin called yet. More realistic scenario is that they are realizing this might go parabolic and they are...
I haven't read anywhere that anyone has been margin called yet.

More realistic scenario is that they are realizing this might go parabolic and they are starting to cover some options that have expired in the money in the last few weeks.

Pure manipulation though when it halts at over $61 then is immediately down to $53 when the circuit breaker flips back on.
Yeah that was my second thought. It’s obvious manipulation when two stocks move in tandem like GME and AMC have. That’s just not normal market behavior.
mxtech1
6/2/2021 10:00am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yeah that was my second thought. It’s obvious manipulation when two stocks move in tandem like GME and AMC have. That’s just not normal market behavior.
Not necessarily. Read the T+35/T+21 options expiration theories on Reddit. It helps explain why GME and AMC tend to correlate each other so closely.

Post a reply to: AMC

The Latest