AMC

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/27/2021 7:46am
I’m up over $600 in 8 days. Thank you guys so much for getting me in on this.

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/27/2021 12:29pm
Well I more than doubled my $1000 in 8 days. Now I’m crying that I didn’t have the balls to invest every cent I own. I could have taken a real vacation!
mxtech1
5/27/2021 1:05pm
What a day/week!

At $26.71 (market close) I have enough profit to payoff ALL of my student loans and car loan #1.

At $65, per share, I pay off the wife's car loan as well.

At $125 per share, I pay off student loans, both cars, and mortgage to be 100% debt free at 34.
5/27/2021 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 1:10pm
mxtech1 wrote:
What a day/week! At $26.71 (market close) I have enough profit to payoff ALL of my student loans and car loan #1. At $65, per share...
What a day/week!

At $26.71 (market close) I have enough profit to payoff ALL of my student loans and car loan #1.

At $65, per share, I pay off the wife's car loan as well.

At $125 per share, I pay off student loans, both cars, and mortgage to be 100% debt free at 34.
That's so awesome man, congrats. Don't forget about the tax man. At $500 I can pay for all the lumber for my house I'm building.
ratbeagle139
Fantasy
3084th
5/27/2021 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 1:18pm
Curious, anyone sell during this afternoon's spike?
I haven't budged yet but damn, already 3.5x what I bought in at.. I don't normally pass that up, I stumbled onto this thread by accident and honestly, you guys kept me on board this week! Thank you!

Cheers boys!
mxtech1
5/27/2021 1:39pm
Curious, anyone sell during this afternoon's spike? I haven't budged yet but damn, already 3.5x what I bought in at.. I don't normally pass that up...
I haven't budged yet but damn, already 3.5x what I bought in at.. I don't normally pass that up, I stumbled onto this thread by accident and honestly, you guys kept me on board this week! Thank you!

Cheers boys!
I have no intentions of selling anytime soon. It's tempting, but i've been balls deep in this since December and have no intentions of taking the quick profits. GME ran for about 2 weeks before reaching the record high. If AMC is just starting on that trend, the next 2 to 3 weeks could be record profits day after day.

See my post above....at $125 per share my wife and I are debt free. That's life changing money that puts me in a tough situation to do what's the best for my family vs. HOLDING for the cause. The temptation to sell at that point will become real. But if it gets to that point, who says it can't go to $200/300/400+ per share like GME did? At $400+ per share, i'm at the point that I have to start thinking about generational wealth for my daughter.

I know the whole push is to never sell so that we can moonshot, but realistically, I have some specific PTs in mind that might make me sell as they are life-changing profit gains that allow my family to become debt free. Only time will tell.
JWACK
5/27/2021 3:03pm
Curious, anyone sell during this afternoon's spike? I haven't budged yet but damn, already 3.5x what I bought in at.. I don't normally pass that up...

Cheers boys!
I’m not selling my shares. I’m holding for all of us. That’s the only way any of this will work.
With that being said...
If and when it surpasses 100 a share I will set a sell limit at 100 bucks.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/27/2021 4:00pm
Bought some AMC stock last week after seeing this thread-it’s up ~99% since..Laughing Just wish I would have invested more!
ns503
5/28/2021 4:14am
This is fascinating stuff. I have myself confined to CDN stocks. Wonder what the chances are of something similar happening to Cineplex? Our CDN equivalent. I have some already I got a few months ago that has slowly gotten to the 70% gain area. Should have got more. My problem is I don't have any free cash - mostly tied up in long term dividend stuff that has also been doing good, or smaller cap growth stuff that was doing real good, then dipped bad the last month or two, but is coming back up again. So I haven't been able to decide what I can or should sell. Yet. All kinds of tips out there on what to buy, but not much on what/when to sell.
5/28/2021 4:39am
I pulled out of doge even though I was pretty far down this morning. Gonna see if I can even afford any options when the market opens.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
5/28/2021 5:13am
I pulled out of doge even though I was pretty far down this morning. Gonna see if I can even afford any options when the market...
I pulled out of doge even though I was pretty far down this morning. Gonna see if I can even afford any options when the market opens.
I almost considered doing the same, but I have a feeling a lot of people are doing that so I’m buying more doge lol. I snagged a bunch at .303.. I told myself I would hold my crypto for no less than a year and see what happens.

5/28/2021 9:33am
I got out at $32 and change. I may get back in Monday.
You kind of shoot yourself in the foot when you play that game. Best bet is to have faith and hold. I originally had a 0.07 average on doge coin and tried to play that game. It didn't work out well for me
SEE ARE125
5/28/2021 10:34am
You kind of shoot yourself in the foot when you play that game. Best bet is to have faith and hold. I originally had a 0.07...
You kind of shoot yourself in the foot when you play that game. Best bet is to have faith and hold. I originally had a 0.07 average on doge coin and tried to play that game. It didn't work out well for me
Yep. It’ll never squeeze if everyone does that. When you sell, you just provide shares to the hedge funds that are short so they can try to unwind their mess. If you just buy and hold, eventually the clock will run out and the hedge funds will still need your shares and you can essentially name your price.

It’s like having a PowerBall ticket that’s a guaranteed $20,000,000 winner, except you just don’t know the date of the drawing. Would you sell that winning ticket for $50k? $100k? Or would you hold it until the drawing? Holding literally requires no effort, no thinking, no timing. Nothing. Buy some shares and forget about it.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/28/2021 12:42pm
You kind of shoot yourself in the foot when you play that game. Best bet is to have faith and hold. I originally had a 0.07...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yep. It’ll never squeeze if everyone does that. When you sell, you just provide shares to the hedge funds that are short so they can try...
Yep. It’ll never squeeze if everyone does that. When you sell, you just provide shares to the hedge funds that are short so they can try to unwind their mess. If you just buy and hold, eventually the clock will run out and the hedge funds will still need your shares and you can essentially name your price.

It’s like having a PowerBall ticket that’s a guaranteed $20,000,000 winner, except you just don’t know the date of the drawing. Would you sell that winning ticket for $50k? $100k? Or would you hold it until the drawing? Holding literally requires no effort, no thinking, no timing. Nothing. Buy some shares and forget about it.
I was wondering what I should do. I came so close to selling earlier when it was 30+.

So for it to work I need to get away from that thinking and just have patience. My buddy at work today went and grabbed some at 27 something a little bit ago. He saw mine double n the past week. I have to quit checking the ticker hourly....drives me nuts
SEE ARE125
5/28/2021 2:05pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yep. It’ll never squeeze if everyone does that. When you sell, you just provide shares to the hedge funds that are short so they can try...

KennyT wrote:
I was wondering what I should do. I came so close to selling earlier when it was 30+. So for it to work I need to...
I was wondering what I should do. I came so close to selling earlier when it was 30+.

So for it to work I need to get away from that thinking and just have patience. My buddy at work today went and grabbed some at 27 something a little bit ago. He saw mine double n the past week. I have to quit checking the ticker hourly....drives me nuts
Yeah just stop looking at it. I did the same thing in Jan with GME and went crazy. Don’t worry about “missing the squeeze.” When it happens you won’t be able to avoid knowing about it, people will be talking about it everywhere you go. It won’t happen in 30min or so, it’ll take days. You’ll have time to sell. There’s going to be a lot of spikes and dips, just like this week. There’s going to be CNBC saying stuff like “Oh, AMC is up 1.21% in an epic short squeeze” followed by “AMC is down 2% today, the short squeeze is over.” It’s all BS, those anchors are pumping a narrative fed to them by the very hedgefunds on the other end of this deal. I’m on the GME train, so I don’t have much info/research on AMC and a realistic target, but I think getting into the 100s is entirely possible. When you sell, you’re not only shooting yourself in the foot, you’re shooting everyone else who owns AMC in the foot as well because it’s allowing the hedgefunds room to try and wiggle out of their corner. mxtech has the right idea, hold until it’s life changing money.

Just remember this:
“The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient” - Warren Buffet
Zycki11
5/28/2021 4:46pm
Buy and hodl. I didn’t even blink or think about selling the last two days. The hedges over extended themselves with this shorting. Normal shorts on a company are 5%. AMC is at 20% and that is without counting the naked shorts or FTD’s that will be discovered within the next two weeks.

This is not your normal stock. The only thing you need to do is buy and hold. Eventually this sucker is going to pop, and when it does it’s going to be BIG because of the amount of shorting. Think life changing money, not a few grand.
5/28/2021 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2021 5:06pm
It didn't even cross my mind either. 1% loss today. That is nothing, the morning bell was beautiful though. I bought a call REALLY high though in the morning. I bought another one at half the price to get my average down. Oops
atc250r
5/28/2021 5:10pm
Still a good buy at these levels? (I don’t follow redditt)
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/28/2021 5:12pm
It didn't even cross my mind either. 1% loss today. That is nothing, the morning bell was beautiful though. I bought a call REALLY high though...
It didn't even cross my mind either. 1% loss today. That is nothing, the morning bell was beautiful though. I bought a call REALLY high though in the morning. I bought another one at half the price to get my average down. Oops
So do you think I’m wise to invest a little more at the number it’s at right now? I bought my original batch at 14 so this number now seems outrageous for me to buy. What r your thoughts? And if I go online now I think I can enter the number I want to buy at and I’m assuming that happens as soon as markets open again. I’m with TD Ameritrade

I’m just trying to learn here and I sure appreciate any input. Thanks!
5/28/2021 5:24pm
It didn't even cross my mind either. 1% loss today. That is nothing, the morning bell was beautiful though. I bought a call REALLY high though...
KennyT wrote:
So do you think I’m wise to invest a little more at the number it’s at right now? I bought my original batch at 14 so...
So do you think I’m wise to invest a little more at the number it’s at right now? I bought my original batch at 14 so this number now seems outrageous for me to buy. What r your thoughts? And if I go online now I think I can enter the number I want to buy at and I’m assuming that happens as soon as markets open again. I’m with TD Ameritrade

I’m just trying to learn here and I sure appreciate any input. Thanks!
I would. I've only been investing for a few years, but everything looks good to me. Don't invest more money than you can stand to lose and you're fine.
5/28/2021 7:11pm
I understand what y’all are trying to do - I truly hope the squeeze happens for y’all. There’s just no way I’m carrying a trade on a meme stock over the weekend. Having said that, I hope it gaps open on Tuesday and hits $40 or even $50 by the day’s end.

I made just over 77% in two days. Didn’t buy the high and didn’t buy the low but that’s the way it goes. Also, my wife is supposed to be induced on Tuesday and I kind of want to be present for that literally and figuratively (our third child and first girl). Watching AMC’s stock ticker wouldn’t be cool and I’d want to because I’ve learned cutting losses quick works best for me.

I also appreciated the Buffet quote - I love quotes on money. One of my favorites from the movie Margin Call

“It’s just money; it’s made up. Pieces of paper with pictures on it so we don’t have to kill each other just to get something to eat.”

Post a reply to: AMC

The Latest