AMC

Zycki11
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2022 11:04am
Who's in on this bad boy? She going to the moon.
|
Zycki11
5/17/2021 4:15pm
I'm up to 600. Ready for that sucker to take off
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/17/2021 4:15pm
Ive been holding a handful from months ago at $16. Looks like it’s taking off after hours!
5/17/2021 4:17pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I'm up to 600. Ready for that sucker to take off
Cool, I'm just a little bit green on mine. I bought right around the time that GameStop was happening and they talked about AMC being the next target.

The Shop

JWACK
5/17/2021 5:32pm
I’ve been holding for months! Amc1000k
mxtech1
5/18/2021 8:52am
I've been in since early December.

Things are starting to get interesting.

Reddit: R/AMCSTOCK
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
5/18/2021 9:58am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
AMC? Fuck yeah. :lol: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/05/17/493401/s1200_landscape_1475781906_screen_shot_2016_10_06_at_32316_pm_2.jpg[/img]
AMC? Fuck yeah. Grinning

I saw the title and thought "Gremlin, AMX? They can't possibly be coming back?". Then I realized it had to be about the theater company... Blush
5/18/2021 10:22am
Does anybody know why the after hours trading volatility gets so crazy? See AMC for an example.

The stock will be chugging along sideways and then shoot straight up or down. That can’t be a profitable way to trade for the big boys.
ocscottie
5/18/2021 1:01pm
Where were you guys a few days ago when i asked about it in the market thread? lol I still havent decided what to do, dont know much about the stock market i only dabble in crypto.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/18/2021 1:11pm
ocscottie wrote:
Where were you guys a few days ago when i asked about it in the market thread? lol I still havent decided what to do, dont...
Where were you guys a few days ago when i asked about it in the market thread? lol I still havent decided what to do, dont know much about the stock market i only dabble in crypto.
After you posted that question, I did some digging in my usual spots and everyone seems to think the same, that it’s going to take off. But I also read supposedly the OG WSB crew were never onboard AMC and thought it was BS. If I had some bs money I didn’t mind losing, I might throw some at it, but I’m not shifting any money out other investments. I’ve made that mistake a few times, only to miss the earnings I would have made leaving it where I had it lol
mxtech1
5/18/2021 2:20pm
ocscottie wrote:
Where were you guys a few days ago when i asked about it in the market thread? lol I still havent decided what to do, dont...
Even if AMC does not squeeze, I still think it's a $20 to $30 stock when things get back to normal after all of the theaters re-open and can get back to business without capacity restrictions. Maybe a blessing in disguise, but during the pandemic they trimmed quite a bit of fat from the business and closed many of the non-profit bearing locations. They have generated more than enough cash to float the business even though they are still turning a loss, but each quarter their losses are shrinking. Customers and shareholders seem loyal to the business. There's also some news that AMC and Gamestop might be working on some eSport collaborations which would bring in a new revenue stream and additional customers. From these points alone, I think the stock is still a good long(er) term hold even at the current price of $14.

Their CEO, Aaron Andrews, seems to be on board with the whole to the moon movement and has been very public about rooting out large hedge short positions. There is supposedly a synthetic short count due on June 2nd which is going to reveal some light on how many shares are synthetic, which will expose the level of naked shorting that has been occurring.

The other big thing that has recently occurred is that the SEC ruled that dark pool trading can no longer occur. This took away a significant weapon that the HFs were using to ladder down the price AH which has held down the price the last couple of months. That's why we have seen a continuous climb in price the last 9 days now.

All of the evidence and data seem to suggest that there is going to be some level of squeeze that will occur in the near future. People are saying $100, 1k, 10k, 100k, etc. floor and DO NOT sell until it reaches those levels. Do I see that happening? Probably not....I think the HFs learned enough from Gamestop that it won't get that high AND I do not have enough trust in retail investors that they will all hold. Most people are probably going to sell and take profits when they start seeing 2,3,4 times return on their investment. It takes a huge amount of discipline not to sell when you start seeing those levels of profits in your account. But I do think we have a probable chance that their will be some big swings in price up to maybe $40/60/80 per share before it levels off and returns to a more normal $20-30 level.

In short, if you have some extra money lying around, I do think it's a smart investment. Plan on holding it and see where it goes. Maybe we will all get luckily and it squeezes to Moon levels, but even if it doesn't you can probably get 2x return within 6 to 12 months.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/18/2021 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2021 3:18pm
I just opened up a TD account and bought 70 at $14+ or so....I think that’s what it was a bit ago. I’m trusting you guys that it will be a moonshot. I don’t follow this stuff at all so I’ll take all the help/advice I can get.
5/18/2021 7:06pm
KennyT wrote:
I just opened up a TD account and bought 70 at $14+ or so....I think that’s what it was a bit ago. I’m trusting you guys...
I just opened up a TD account and bought 70 at $14+ or so....I think that’s what it was a bit ago. I’m trusting you guys that it will be a moonshot. I don’t follow this stuff at all so I’ll take all the help/advice I can get.

5/18/2021 7:32pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Even if AMC does not squeeze, I still think it's a $20 to $30 stock when things get back to normal after all of the theaters...
Even if AMC does not squeeze, I still think it's a $20 to $30 stock when things get back to normal after all of the theaters re-open and can get back to business without capacity restrictions. Maybe a blessing in disguise, but during the pandemic they trimmed quite a bit of fat from the business and closed many of the non-profit bearing locations. They have generated more than enough cash to float the business even though they are still turning a loss, but each quarter their losses are shrinking. Customers and shareholders seem loyal to the business. There's also some news that AMC and Gamestop might be working on some eSport collaborations which would bring in a new revenue stream and additional customers. From these points alone, I think the stock is still a good long(er) term hold even at the current price of $14.

Their CEO, Aaron Andrews, seems to be on board with the whole to the moon movement and has been very public about rooting out large hedge short positions. There is supposedly a synthetic short count due on June 2nd which is going to reveal some light on how many shares are synthetic, which will expose the level of naked shorting that has been occurring.

The other big thing that has recently occurred is that the SEC ruled that dark pool trading can no longer occur. This took away a significant weapon that the HFs were using to ladder down the price AH which has held down the price the last couple of months. That's why we have seen a continuous climb in price the last 9 days now.

All of the evidence and data seem to suggest that there is going to be some level of squeeze that will occur in the near future. People are saying $100, 1k, 10k, 100k, etc. floor and DO NOT sell until it reaches those levels. Do I see that happening? Probably not....I think the HFs learned enough from Gamestop that it won't get that high AND I do not have enough trust in retail investors that they will all hold. Most people are probably going to sell and take profits when they start seeing 2,3,4 times return on their investment. It takes a huge amount of discipline not to sell when you start seeing those levels of profits in your account. But I do think we have a probable chance that their will be some big swings in price up to maybe $40/60/80 per share before it levels off and returns to a more normal $20-30 level.

In short, if you have some extra money lying around, I do think it's a smart investment. Plan on holding it and see where it goes. Maybe we will all get luckily and it squeezes to Moon levels, but even if it doesn't you can probably get 2x return within 6 to 12 months.
Those retail investors have been pretty solid though getting dogecoin, a pretty much useless cryptocurrency waaaaay overvalued
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/18/2021 8:44pm
KennyT wrote:
I just opened up a TD account and bought 70 at $14+ or so....I think that’s what it was a bit ago. I’m trusting you guys...
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/05/18/493526/s1200_Screenshot_20210518_210520_Meme_Generator_Free.jpg[/img]

I see you just bought more than I did so if we go down n flames we will do it together 😂

5/19/2021 9:26am
KennyT wrote:
I see you just bought more than I did so if we go down n flames we will do it together 😂

Yeah it's fun. Just invest with your head not over it.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/19/2021 11:57am
KennyT wrote:

Yeah it's fun. Just invest with your head not over it.
I saw it dipped a little this morning and I had $93 cash so I bought 7 more shares. It’s not the end of the world if it tanks. It’s gonna be fun giving me something to keep a eye on 👍

I have no idea what I’m doing. IF it gets to a point n time where I doubled my money. Would you suggest taking out my original investment and going the rest of the way on pure profit? Or is that a stupid way to try and make some fun money?
ocscottie
5/19/2021 4:16pm
KennyT wrote:
I saw it dipped a little this morning and I had $93 cash so I bought 7 more shares. It’s not the end of the world...
I saw it dipped a little this morning and I had $93 cash so I bought 7 more shares. It’s not the end of the world if it tanks. It’s gonna be fun giving me something to keep a eye on 👍

I have no idea what I’m doing. IF it gets to a point n time where I doubled my money. Would you suggest taking out my original investment and going the rest of the way on pure profit? Or is that a stupid way to try and make some fun money?
Im in the same boat Kenny, I have no idea what I am doing LOL I still haven't pulled the trigger on AMC yet, cant decide if I want to watch stocks AND the crypto market at the same time.

The swings are pretty stressful in the crypto world, is it the same in the stock market? Up/down like a roller coaster, you have to hold on tight for the ride! Really messes with your head sometimes LOL Of course I am only investing "fun money" I still have my whole stimulus check just sitting here, figured it wouldn't hurt to use a little of it on things like this.
5/19/2021 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2021 7:37pm
KennyT wrote:
I saw it dipped a little this morning and I had $93 cash so I bought 7 more shares. It’s not the end of the world...

That can be a tough call to make. You can do it to protect your original investment....but if it jumps wildly high afterwards, then you are really missing out on a lot by selling half of your original investment.

If it does take off like GameStop then I think it will be really big gains and you probably won't want to sell.
Zycki11
5/20/2021 2:07pm
It’s simple buy shares and don’t sell in the red. You don’t lose money if you don’t sell. Stocks go up and down and the hedges have a lot of tricks.

With amc specifically. The hedges have shorted it so much and created millions of synthetic shares. In this case with amc. The numbers aren’t adding up. The retail investors own 80% of the stock. All you have to do is buy and hold it. The hedges are losing millions and millions and eventually they are going to be called for margins, or the synthetic shares will be shown and the stock will rocket up. It will happen, when(nobody knows). But when it does go, it will be big.
motosmith
5/20/2021 2:49pm
How do I track a stock price real time?

I use yahoo finance for research and Fidelity for a broker. My current method is to check the price once a day, when I remember.

Is there a better way?
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/20/2021 3:08pm
I added the crypto/stocks I own to the iPhone stocks app and I usually track them with that if crypto is down as I don’t like to see how much I’m down lol
ns503
5/20/2021 3:41pm
motosmith wrote:
How do I track a stock price real time? I use yahoo finance for research and Fidelity for a broker. My current method is to check...

I use yahoo finance for research and Fidelity for a broker. My current method is to check the price once a day, when I remember.

Is there a better way?
Doesn't Yahoo show real time?
5/20/2021 4:03pm
I have a hard time believing that hedge funds / institutional investors are going to be on the wrong side of this. They all saw what happened with GME and anyone of them with a brain would have put out a do not trade order on any stock
mentioned more than x number of times in WSB subreddit.

But.... greed makes people and companies do dumb things. I hope y’all are right on this one. I may sit this one out.
motosmith
5/20/2021 5:14pm
motosmith wrote:
How do I track a stock price real time? I use yahoo finance for research and Fidelity for a broker. My current method is to check...

Is there a better way?
ns503 wrote:
Doesn't Yahoo show real time?
Yes it does. I just dont have access to it that often.
ocscottie
5/20/2021 5:16pm
I added Robinhood to the homescreen on my iPad and it shows me my total investment.

Post a reply to: AMC

The Latest