A student "fell" off a parking garage at my school today

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2010 10:06 AM

Just got a text from school saying a 44 year old grad student "fell" off the 6th floor of one of the parking garages at school today. The garage has fairly tall concrete walls around it so I find it hard to believe he fell. Finals start Wednesday.

Just seems so crazy. It's where I park everyday at school. The worst part is I've read on students facebook pages that 2 students took pictures of the fatally injured man and posted them on twitter.

What hell is wrong with people?

|

5/10/2010 10:12 AM

It so windy here you could be blown off one. That is sick but that is where the world is headed I am afraid.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.



5/10/2010 10:25 AM

You havent been outside of the US have you? Camera phones cover all the breaking news. Its the way of the world. Death sucks but like sex, America hides it and deems it unappropriated. Not saying that it is not in bad taste, just we could meet in the middle someplace.

|

5/10/2010 11:12 AM

It is the season for falls at the Universities and Colleges. Certain buildings at UC campus's have been fall proofed.

|

"Cheezus"

5/10/2010 11:16 AM

Our building has two attached parking garages, one is 14 levels high. On the first floor of our building is a bank. The bank VP "fell" off the 13th floor about a year ago. We never heard what the story was. I know the VP was seen kind of wandering on that level just a little bit earlier.

Guess things weren't going right for him.

|

5/10/2010 11:45 AM

At least 4 folks have "fallen" off various elevated places at the airport since I started working there. Not one has made the papers. Same thing at parking garages at Strip hotels. Not good for business so you never hear about it.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

5/10/2010 12:18 PM

They are calling it a suicide now.

I completely understand where your coming from tiki. My issue with the picture was the nature of it. I didn't look at the picture, but from what I was told it was strictly of the guy laying on the pavement. That is just a bit much for me.

|

5/10/2010 12:20 PM

Natural selection

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/10/2010 12:26 PM

Farva wrote:

Natural selection

Did you write about that in your book?

|

"Blind faith in a god is a poor substitute for logic and reason."

5/10/2010 12:26 PM

wilcom121 wrote:

They are calling it a suicide now.

I completely understand where your coming from tiki. My issue with the picture was the nature of it. I didn't look at the picture, but from what I was told it was strictly of the guy laying on the pavement. That is just a bit much for me.

I think it is totally inappropriate to post pics like that. Death is a natural thing, but it has never fascinated me to see a corpse.

|

"Cheezus"

5/10/2010 12:28 PM

At least he didn't go out Charles Whitman style...

|



Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

5/10/2010 12:32 PM

Farva wrote:

Natural selection

Spinner wrote:

Did you write about that in your book?

Might want to read up on that little idea of natural selection.

Might make you do the world a favor and kill yourself.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/10/2010 8:11 PM

Just curious to the thoughts on the pictures contained in the online article from the schools newspaper.

http://www.thetowerlight.com/grad-student-dies-after-fall-from-glen-garage-1.2264064

|

5/10/2010 8:18 PM

well at least he didn't leak too much when he landed.

|

5/10/2010 8:19 PM

wilcom121 wrote:

Just curious to the thoughts on the pictures contained in the online article from the schools newspaper.

http://www.thetowerlight.com/grad-student-dies-after-fall-from-glen-garage-1.2264064

Very distasteful in my opinion.

College students are always pushing the envelope.

|

Jim Martin

5/10/2010 8:32 PM

wilcom121 wrote:

Just curious to the thoughts on the pictures contained in the online article from the schools newspaper.

http://www.thetowerlight.com/grad-student-dies-after-fall-from-glen-garage-1.2264064

jmar wrote:

Very distasteful in my opinion.

College students are always pushing the envelope.

The clothes and blood still being there is kind of troubling to me. I do not see why they have the picture up of a piece of the broken frame of his glasses laying on the asphalt.

|

5/10/2010 9:58 PM

Freakin weird (the photos).

|

5/11/2010 3:10 PM

thats not cool at all ermm

|

5/11/2010 3:15 PM

Of course they had to have a pic of the janitor sprinkling the magic dust just like when little Jimmy threw up in elementary school.

|

5/11/2010 3:45 PM

Farva wrote:

Natural selection

Spinner wrote:

Did you write about that in your book?

Farva wrote:

Might want to read up on that little idea of natural selection.

Might make you do the world a favor and kill yourself.

And I might do the world a favor and click you.

Oh, wait...too late. I already did.

|

5/11/2010 3:56 PM

Thanks Steve.

|