A real doctor watches "What the Health" a Netflix documentary

TsmithMX
7/7/2017 9:27pm
Titan1 wrote:
I love meat...I each to much of it... In my opinion a diet should be dominated by grains and fruits/vegies...with red meat used sparingly. Extremes in...
I love meat...I each to much of it...

In my opinion a diet should be dominated by grains and fruits/vegies...with red meat used sparingly.

Extremes in either direction aren't good, in my opinion...
TsmithMX wrote:
Yes, fruit, veg, beans, ans grains. You do know chicken has virtually as much cholesterol as red meat right? And a chicken breast is still 7...
Yes, fruit, veg, beans, ans grains. You do know chicken has virtually as much cholesterol as red meat right? And a chicken breast is still 7 % saturated fat?
Titan1 wrote:
My point was red meat (and chicken for that matter) isn't bad in moderation. As much red meat (and chicken) as I eat, it's far from...
My point was red meat (and chicken for that matter) isn't bad in moderation.

As much red meat (and chicken) as I eat, it's far from the most unhealthy thing I eat every day.

For the record I was thinking of fish when I said red meat.

Mmmk, what do you consider moderation? And I'll tell you what the epidemiological studies show.
TsmithMX
7/7/2017 9:31pm
Neither of us are going to change each other's minds. A low-carb diet is more sustainable for the average American. Every vegan or vegetarian that I've...
Neither of us are going to change each other's minds. A low-carb diet is more sustainable for the average American. Every vegan or vegetarian that I've seen usually has rough-looking skin and hair. On the flip side, obese people usually have very thick shiny healthy looking hair.

Cholesterol intake has been shown to not increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke. I've been in emergency medicine for five years now. Smokers, drug-users, people who don't take care of themselves, and obese people die young and have heart attacks and strokes. Not meat-eaters.

I'm almost full Paleo at this point. I eat about 20 carbs per day and eat a lot of meat. I barely drink alcohol anymore and feel great and the weight is just falling off. Blood pressure is the real determinant of health status and mine is fine.
Lmfao

The Shop

Post a reply to: A real doctor watches "What the Health" a Netflix documentary

The Latest