A muslim nutjob most likely did this

brainbasket
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 8:36pm
Police: Man upset at military shoots 2
By William M. Welch, USA TODAY

A Muslim convert who said he was opposed to the U.S. military shot two soldiers outside an Arkansas recruiting station, killing one, police said Monday.
"This individual appears to have been upset with the military, the Army in particular, and that's why he did what he did," Little Rock Police Lt. Terry Hastings said.

"He has converted to (Islam) here in the past few years," Hastings said. "We're not completely clear on what he was upset about. He had never been in the military.

"He saw them standing there and drove up and shot them. That's what he said."

Police Chief Stuart Thomas said Pvt. William Long, 23, of Conway was killed. Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula, 18, of Jacksonville was wounded and in stable condition, Thomas said.

Police arrested Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad, 23, of Little Rock, Thomas said. The suspect was previously known as Carlos Bledsoe, he said.

The soldiers wore fatigues, had recently completed basic training and volunteered to help attract others to the military, Thomas said.

He said the gunman targeted the military but was not believed to be part of a broader scheme.

Interviews with police showed that Muhammad "probably had political and religious motives for the attack," the police chief said.

Thomas said Muhammad would be charged with first-degree murder, plus 15 counts of committing a terroristic act. He said those counts result from the gunfire occurring near other people.

Hastings said the attacker pulled up in a car outside the Army-Navy recruiting office around 10:30 a.m. and fired at the soldiers outside.

According to the Associated Press, the vehicle was stopped on Interstate 630 a short time later, and the suspect was taken into custody. Police found an assault rifle in the vehicle.

Jim Richardson, the manager at a drug store around the corner from the Army-Navy center, said people at the store didn't realize anything was amiss until they heard sirens outside.

"Nobody heard any gunshots," Richardson said.

Lt. Col. Thomas Artis of the Oklahoma City Recruiting Battalion, which oversees the Little Rock office, said the victims were not regular recruiters.

He said they were serving two weeks in the Little Rock office.

As part of the Hometown Recruiting Assistance Program, the soldiers were sent to "talk to friends, folks in the local area. They can show the example, 'Here's where I was, and here is where I am,' " Artis said.

Artis said neither of the soldiers had been deployed for combat.
|
jonjon714
6/2/2009 6:13am
Just doesn't have that "Martyr" ring to it does it?

Probably why he changed it to Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad.....
txmxer
6/2/2009 6:15am
that's fugged up.
flarider
6/2/2009 6:15am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:13am
Guess this guy was a "Muslim nutjob" too

LINK
kcadrenalin
6/2/2009 6:59am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:13am
Where is all the Media hand-wringing over this?
A anti-goverment crackpot kills an Abortion doctor and it's 24-7 wall to wall coverage.
A Muslim convert kills 2 soldiers outside of a recruiting station and it barely make the news.

The Shop

kcadrenalin
6/2/2009 7:04am
I wonder if MSNBC will let Olberman do a 2 hour special on how anti-war protesters are to blame for this Muslim guy going nuts and killing two soldiers. If you are against the war in Iraq and/or Afghanistan, you are to blame for this! You should be ashamed!
J.F.S
6/2/2009 7:10am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2009 7:10am
Conclusion from reading a few threads: Religions and guns are nuts!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/2/2009 8:16am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:13am
Within hours of Tiller being shot, the white house came out and said the government will use marshall to protect them. Within hours Obama came on and talked about the great loss Tiller will be and that we shouldnt settle our differences this way.I didnt see any of that for two slain soldiers.

The NY Post and CNBC were blaiming antiabortionist for the death of Tiller, so with that logic, can we blame CNBC and the NY Post for this?

I guess we know where they stand.

fcr
6/2/2009 8:34am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2009 8:34am
J.F.S wrote:
The guy was a whack job that shot Tiller and the Convert was a Fuck nut that shot the soldiers. All they needed was some fertilizer and diesel with a fuse. It would have worked also. Conclusion, religious extremes are not conducive to reality. Get it right.
DoctorJD
6/2/2009 8:53am
J.F.S wrote:
Correction: Religious nuts with guns are...nuts.
09450f
6/2/2009 9:05am
Where is all the Media hand-wringing over this? A anti-goverment crackpot kills an Abortion doctor and it's 24-7 wall to wall coverage. A Muslim convert kills...
Where is all the Media hand-wringing over this?
A anti-goverment crackpot kills an Abortion doctor and it's 24-7 wall to wall coverage.
A Muslim convert kills 2 soldiers outside of a recruiting station and it barely make the news.
the doctor was a hero..he aborted 60,000 babies..
09450f
6/2/2009 10:16am
muslims don't want to intergrate with us..they want ot take us over and control us..

and if you don't submit to islam,we will die
brainbasket
6/2/2009 10:24am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:13am
I wonder if MSNBC will let Olberman do a 2 hour special on how anti-war protesters are to blame for this Muslim guy going nuts and...
I wonder if MSNBC will let Olberman do a 2 hour special on how anti-war protesters are to blame for this Muslim guy going nuts and killing two soldiers. If you are against the war in Iraq and/or Afghanistan, you are to blame for this! You should be ashamed!
I watched Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews last night and they partially blamed the reporting of FoxNews for the abortion doc getting killed.

But you're right - If the political speech of the anti-abortion movement is dangerous and caused the abortion doc to get shot - then logic says the political speech of the anti-war movement is dangerous and caused these innocent boys to get shot.

I emailed Rachel and asked her if she felt her focus on "torture" could have led this guy to go after the "torturers".....
brainbasket
6/2/2009 3:06pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Within hours of Tiller being shot, the white house came out and said the government will use marshall to protect them. Within hours Obama came on...
Within hours of Tiller being shot, the white house came out and said the government will use marshall to protect them. Within hours Obama came on and talked about the great loss Tiller will be and that we shouldnt settle our differences this way.I didnt see any of that for two slain soldiers.

The NY Post and CNBC were blaiming antiabortionist for the death of Tiller, so with that logic, can we blame CNBC and the NY Post for this?

I guess we know where they stand.

I liked the part from Obama's statement about finding ways to work through political differences.
What I didn't like was how he - intentionally or unintentionally - treated this shooter as though he represented the antiabortion voice in the debate. Once he shot the doc he became a criminal - nothing more nothing less.
Spinner
6/2/2009 3:44pm
09450f wrote:
the doctor was a hero..he aborted 60,000 babies..
Wow!
Did you get that statistic from the National Office of Pulling Statistics Out of Your Ass?
brainbasket
6/2/2009 3:50pm
OK -

And the guy who offed the Army kids was a criminal - an antiwar murderer.

Pretty sharp there ....
brainbasket
6/2/2009 4:04pm
Looks like your reading skills haven't improved at all during your hiatus ...
Tom_joad
6/2/2009 6:05pm
That connection between anti-abortionists and the anti-war crowd is just plain wrong. I don’t see anyone saying the soldiers deserved it.

“.…opposed to the U.S. military” isn’t anti-war.
09450f
6/2/2009 7:19pm
this muslim is part of a bigger group the FBI has learned
brainbasket
6/2/2009 7:27pm
Tom_joad wrote:
That connection between anti-abortionists and the anti-war crowd is just plain wrong. I don’t see anyone saying the soldiers deserved it. “.…opposed to the U.S. military”...
That connection between anti-abortionists and the anti-war crowd is just plain wrong. I don’t see anyone saying the soldiers deserved it.

“.…opposed to the U.S. military” isn’t anti-war.
It's not a connection between the anti-abortionists and the anti-war crowd.

The parallel is between the notion of anti abortion political speech being somehow at fault for the shooting of this doc, then likewise the political speech (anti-war or anti-military) should be at fault for this guy shooting up these 2 kids in uniform.

I think the issue is also the amount of time spent by some in the media telling the story of the abortion doc shooting, and the short amount of air time the recruitment center shootings got. Not to mention the Presidential commentary that took place for the abortion doc shooting, while the anti-military shooting didn't receive any mention by the Pres.

The abortion issue has been around for decades, and millions of people feel strongly about it. There's also been lots of hours of inflammatory speeches given about it - pro and con - yet there hasn't been widespread violence over it.

Earlier in the thread you said the fault lies with the shooter and I agree with that.
09450f
6/3/2009 12:37am
i blame Obama for letting out the tecniques of so-called torture of muslims

now,he'll be in the middle eats giving a speech to tell the muslims how sorry he is

Post a reply to: A muslim nutjob most likely did this

The Latest