A little something for the Game of Thrones fans here

Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 10:05am
So I went out to NI again for another handgun shoot / holiday recently, and while out there came across some GoT related stuff; for the most part completely by accident.

Just some crappy phone shots no doubt taken far better a million times over by now...

But anyway the first thing was that they appeared to still be filming bits of Season 8 in Tollymore forest. I believe they were meant to have stopped in July but yeah, Idk, on the day we came round it was very much alive - smoke machines, cameras / rail systems, people just on the edge of view running around in what I took to be medieval get-up, and probably around 20 trucks and 50 staff approx yelling at each other etc. Very cool but of course you couldn't get near.

Much later on a couple of 4x4s coming from the direction of the set passed us and not 5 ft away appeared to be carrying Maisie Williams (Ayra). Again, looking online she's meant to be have been done filming a while back but other than it being her perfect stunt double (and not having access to her ID) I can only say what I saw. Gave us a nod and smile for moving over which was nice. I'm not one generally for being OTT over famous people but I got to admit it was a cool "Holy crap that's so-n-so!!" moment.

Tollymore Forest filming (wish I'd done better here but the damn camera phone is so hard to use).

Bit later on we bumped into the Dire Wolf scene location from Season 1:

I found out later that the forest is in fact littered with these location markers, well worth a visit for any fan.

Winterfell from Season 1 (Castle Ward - different day and location).

Briefly on the NI; this is my second visit now and I simply adore it! Can't say enough about the people and things to do and see. Seriously considering a move there one day.

|
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
9/2/2018 6:42am
Thanks for the pics.
One of my all time favorite shows. It was confusing at first with the different kingdoms and characters so me and the wife watched the entire series a second time. Great cast and the scenery is amazing
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
9/2/2018 8:31am
Love GoT, it's the only show I have watched all seasons and I can't wait for this last one to start. Who do you guys think will be on the Iron Throne at the very end?
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/2/2018 10:05am
NV825 wrote:
Love GoT, it's the only show I have watched all seasons and I can't wait for this last one to start. Who do you guys think...
Love GoT, it's the only show I have watched all seasons and I can't wait for this last one to start. Who do you guys think will be on the Iron Throne at the very end?
The way that show loves unhappy endings Cersei will probably end up there. Can't wait.
9/2/2018 12:02pm
Thanks for the nice comments guys, glad you enjoyed! Looking forward to going again with a much better camera and preparation next year.

Post a reply to: A little something for the Game of Thrones fans here

The Latest