A Very Brady Renovation

ocscottie
HGTV is rebuilding the original Brady Bunch house, talk about the memory floodgates opening up...man this was like part of my youth!

Anyway, has anyone caught an episode yet? Its a HUGE project as the house was only seen from the outside, and everything was filmed on a sound stage. They are trying to make the house the same as the sound stage. The lengths they go to is pretty remarkable.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/29/2019 6:41am
I didn't watch it because I can't stand the Scott brothers. The show sounds cool though.

Season/Series finale airs tomorrow night.

Any idea what they're doing with the house after? Sell, auction it off for charity, ?

Hopefully they do something good with it.
ocscottie
9/29/2019 6:57am
Who are the Scott brothers? The two dudes doing it? I only caught a little bit, its on the DVR though.

...might watch it now.
ocscottie
9/29/2019 6:59am
oh what i did watch, it was the chicks that annoyed me!
MOTOXSTATION
Fantasy
468th
9/29/2019 7:11am
I followed the show after seeing Gas Monkeys build on a Satellite wagon mod for “Greg”. We visited my son last year in West Hollywood and my wife put the Brady house on her must see....before the renovation...just another house in the neighborhood. The kitchen addition etc. makes me laugh...we had the avocado refrigerator, orange formica , paneling, cane chairs etc. just putting in old appliances in a new building seems odd. maybe they should have them rebuilt by another restoration show...milked the storyline. I liked they poke fun about some episodes and amazed that “Jan” and her mom saved all the scripts and memories. Not a great home show but a novelty none the less.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/29/2019 8:48am
ocscottie wrote:
Who are the Scott brothers? The two dudes doing it? I only caught a little bit, its on the DVR though.

...might watch it now.
The Scott brothers (Jonathan and Drew/twins) have different shows on HGTV.

I think their most popular one is Property Brothers. They're part of the renovation crew for A Very Brady Renovation. I saw them in the TV commercials so I passed on the show.

Other shows they have are other variants of Property Brothers, Buying and Selling, Brother vs. Brother, and more...

They're pretty popular on HGTV.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
9/30/2019 11:04am
I followed the show after seeing Gas Monkeys build on a Satellite wagon mod for “Greg”. We visited my son last year in West Hollywood and...
I followed the show after seeing Gas Monkeys build on a Satellite wagon mod for “Greg”. We visited my son last year in West Hollywood and my wife put the Brady house on her must see....before the renovation...just another house in the neighborhood. The kitchen addition etc. makes me laugh...we had the avocado refrigerator, orange formica , paneling, cane chairs etc. just putting in old appliances in a new building seems odd. maybe they should have them rebuilt by another restoration show...milked the storyline. I liked they poke fun about some episodes and amazed that “Jan” and her mom saved all the scripts and memories. Not a great home show but a novelty none the less.
It's actually right down the street from where my Dad lived when I was growing up, and about a 1/4 mile from my current house. I got to go inside a long time ago, and I loved it. I don't really like what they did to it though.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/30/2019 2:59pm
I love the Brady bunch!!!
Barcia, Barcia, Barcia

Post a reply to: A Very Brady Renovation

The Latest