A/C for a 5x8 enclosed

Mx746
I know, its smaller than a broom closet,but i like it. 6' interior, it could be a nice place to retreat to in the 95+ deg heat. Id like to put a "real" AC unit in, but not sure if they make one that makes sense for such a small space. Id use a window unit, but dont want to permanently mount it, and have it sticking out. The trailer does have a front door. Maybe some kind of portable removable mount for the ac in the front door? Not sure what else is available out there, any ideas?
|
crusher773
6/26/2020 8:52am
So I have a 16' trailer that has barn doors on the rear. I hold 1 door closed with a strap and then got a piece of foam insulation from Lowe's. I cut a square so it just sits over the top of a small window unit. Nothing permanent and I just set the window AC on the floor and it hangs out and cools the trailer. Thought I had a picture of the setup but not finding anything.
Mx746
6/26/2020 9:10am
crusher773 wrote:
So I have a 16' trailer that has barn doors on the rear. I hold 1 door closed with a strap and then got a piece...
So I have a 16' trailer that has barn doors on the rear. I hold 1 door closed with a strap and then got a piece of foam insulation from Lowe's. I cut a square so it just sits over the top of a small window unit. Nothing permanent and I just set the window AC on the floor and it hangs out and cools the trailer. Thought I had a picture of the setup but not finding anything.
This sounds similar to what I may wind up with. Permanent installations seem to be a bit much for a 5x8, and would cost about the same as the new price of the trailer.

The Shop

Drail24
6/26/2020 9:14am
AJ565 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DLPUWL2/ref=s9_acsd_omwf_hd_bw_b50Ws_c2_x_…

Had one like it before, but I think it was GE. Worked amazingly well in the house and is just a small exhaust pipe.
This. Friend had one of these for his enclosed trailer, that also doubled as his camper. He had a small little flapper door on the side for the exhaust and a little catch pan inside with the unit for the condensation. Worked surprising well. He could roll it in and out as needed or leave at home and free up space (not that it really took up any) when the weather wasn't as hot.

Post a reply to: A/C for a 5x8 enclosed

The Latest