90's alternative rock

borg
Just spent about 3 hours listening to a bunch of hit songs labeled alternative from the 90's.
This one was awesome to hear again:

|
3/20/2022 5:52pm
3 hrs you must b jacked up and ready to go nuts. I still listen to the same music and still here this song played around the country on stations like Jack fm. It’s really rare to hear r and roll now. 90,s I worked in 42 states in const packed clubs in Phily, Orlando, Tampa etc really stand out . Dancing with hot chics they totally let go , what a blast it was. I hv a pal that drove Bush on tour , he said it was the best band he ever had on the bus. A cool fun bunch with a lot of women tagging along.
TXDirt
3/20/2022 5:59pm
90s songs in general were great. Soooo many great rock bands. But also some good rap like Dre, 2pac, Wu-Tang, etc.

90s was a good time for music.
Muttly
3/20/2022 6:04pm
Some will fall in love life with life and drink it from a fountain………that’s pouring like an avalanche coming down a mountain!
APLMAN99
3/20/2022 6:23pm
I lived in Seattle in 89-92. Was a pretty great time for live music. I got to see several bands that later became huge, but the real treat was all the great local bands who never quite became commercially big.

The one show that I really regret not going to was a local ‘Battle of the Bands’ that was just days before PJ’s Ten was released. They didn’t hit national fame right away after the release, but it’s crazy to think that they were playing such small things with a major release just days away…..

The Shop

borg
3/20/2022 6:33pm
The videos were good then too. Not like the crap they have today.

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/20/2022 6:45pm
I went to music school in the early'90s, right when grunge was going huge. What a time!
borg
3/20/2022 7:02pm
Don't get me started on Primus............well.....just one.
vet323
3/20/2022 7:33pm
borg wrote:
Don't get me started on Primus............well.....just one. [embed][/embed]
Don't get me started on Primus............well.....just one.
They played in my town two years ago. Best show I ever saw.
3/20/2022 7:35pm
Falcon wrote:
I went to music school in the early'90s, right when grunge was going huge. What a time!
The grunge explosion was great 95 working in long view and Wenatchee Wa. The college kids raded the town for the apple blossom festival. The motels and bars all blasted grunge music. Social Distortion still kicking ass I listened to them since 9 th grade Momy little monster stuff. The Lagoon a huge club on the water in Phily with a hourly motel attached had awesome bands playing grunge. The place was packed totally soaked sweating rocking out and dancing . The girls where the same they didn’t care if they where all sweaty just that they had a blast.
DownSouth
3/20/2022 7:56pm
Great era in music. I have been playing a bunch of Alice In Chains and Faith No More recently. FNM' s Angel Dust cassette spent a lot of time in my walkman.
3/20/2022 8:08pm
borg wrote:
Just spent about 3 hours listening to a bunch of hit songs labeled alternative from the 90's. This one was awesome to hear again:
Just spent about 3 hours listening to a bunch of hit songs labeled alternative from the 90's.

Butthole surfers are pretty eclectic and span a fair era. Some of my all-time fave songs are by them.
My daughter thinks much differently to them.
3/20/2022 9:14pm
borg wrote:
Just spent about 3 hours listening to a bunch of hit songs labeled alternative from the 90's. This one was awesome to hear again:

Butthole surfers are pretty eclectic and span a fair era. Some of my all-time fave songs are by them.
Ever listen too The surf Punks a 9th grade chic turned me on to them, funny songs. Early 80,s stuff I look back and laugh what the neighbors thought watching a bunch of us. Ska dancing to the song on boom box Cars by g. Numan going down the street . A lot of adults wanted to and tried beating us up back then. Punk Rock was dangerous back then.
Tank_Slapper
3/20/2022 9:41pm
DownSouth wrote:
Great era in music. I have been playing a bunch of Alice In Chains and Faith No More recently. FNM' s Angel Dust cassette spent a...
Great era in music. I have been playing a bunch of Alice In Chains and Faith No More recently. FNM' s Angel Dust cassette spent a lot of time in my walkman.
Sully
3/20/2022 10:33pm
borg wrote:

Apparently Gibby is a legit CPA (has an undergrad in Accounting), and does it when the music money starts getting thin. Could you imagine walking in to an office to get your taxes done, and seeing the guy who wrote Jesus Built My Hotrod sitting across the table from you?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
3/21/2022 12:41am
Ever listen too The surf Punks a 9th grade chic turned me on to them, funny songs. Early 80,s stuff I look back and laugh what...
Ever listen too The surf Punks a 9th grade chic turned me on to them, funny songs. Early 80,s stuff I look back and laugh what the neighbors thought watching a bunch of us. Ska dancing to the song on boom box Cars by g. Numan going down the street . A lot of adults wanted to and tried beating us up back then. Punk Rock was dangerous back then.
“You couldn’t walk into a mall and get your little pussy pierced”~Mike Ness
Joey_Bridges
3/21/2022 4:59am
So was all of this found when the fridge full of rotten food was opened ??

I kid.
I kid.
Muttly
3/21/2022 5:01am
borg wrote:

Ever listen too The surf Punks a 9th grade chic turned me on to them, funny songs. Early 80,s stuff I look back and laugh what...
“Somebody ripped my stick, that guy must be a dick, guess I finally ran out of luck”……..
Sully
3/21/2022 5:16am
Muttly wrote:
“Somebody ripped my stick, that guy must be a dick, guess I finally ran out of luck”……..
“If I ever catch him, he’s gonna be fucked!”
Muttly
3/21/2022 7:29am
Muttly wrote:
Sully wrote:
“If I ever catch him, he’s gonna be fucked!”
My own personal anthem, “Can’t get a Tan”.
DownSouth
3/21/2022 10:13am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
“You couldn’t walk into a mall and get your little pussy pierced”~Mike Ness
Or get your crazy color for your hair...
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
3/21/2022 10:55am
borg wrote:

Haven’t seen that video in years , thanks. I love that song

Just got foo fighters tickets for December which will be awesome , our little hermit kingdom is opening up finally
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/22/2022 8:52am
Falcon wrote:
The grunge explosion was great 95 working in long view and Wenatchee Wa. The college kids raded the town for the apple blossom festival. The motels...
The grunge explosion was great 95 working in long view and Wenatchee Wa. The college kids raded the town for the apple blossom festival. The motels and bars all blasted grunge music. Social Distortion still kicking ass I listened to them since 9 th grade Momy little monster stuff. The Lagoon a huge club on the water in Phily with a hourly motel attached had awesome bands playing grunge. The place was packed totally soaked sweating rocking out and dancing . The girls where the same they didn’t care if they where all sweaty just that they had a blast.
There was a local bar near my university called Live Bait, which hosted the KROQ release party for Soundgarden's Superunknown album. I was there. Cool
That bar was a similar scene most nights; sweaty, dancing, spilling beer on themselves party chicks.
APLMAN99
3/22/2022 10:26am
Falcon wrote:
The grunge explosion was great 95 working in long view and Wenatchee Wa. The college kids raded the town for the apple blossom festival. The motels...
I moved back to Wenatchee in 95, we may have crossed paths........

Apple Blossom was pretty calm by 95, much calmer than the late 70s-mid 80s of my teens. It was still a fun couple of evenings, but nothing like the debauchery of what it used to be.

Now there is almost zero nightlife going on during that festival at all.
borg
3/22/2022 5:01pm
We all have or songs that we are a bit embarrassed to admit we like. This is one of mine.
I saw her on another video and DAMN! She is cute.

Post a reply to: 90's alternative rock

The Latest