80% Lowers...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2018 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 10:17 AM

I know there's a few like minded individuals here, where are you guys finding 80% lowers these days? I had some on order with Anderson Mfg. at one point, but I ended up cancelling the order because I realized I was tighter on cash than I had realized at the time. "No problem, I'll just get one next paycheck". Problem is, this was days before the Parkland, FL incident.

Ever since then, everywhere I've looked has been sold out. All of them are out of stock with no ETA on when more would be available. Most told me they aren't even taking pre-orders because they literally sell out the day they're available again. I don't think I need to say why.

Anyway, if any of you are still finding them, where can a guy look?

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 1:06 AM

Try 5D tactical or tactical machining, they usually have some in stock. Also, there are threads on ar15.com and Calguns.net that have “in stock lower receivers”, try those out.

If you can’t find any I have two raw ar15 80’s I’d let go, PM me and we can work something out.

Hope that helps.

|

4/12/2018 1:15 PM

MXant15 wrote:

Try 5D tactical or tactical machining, they usually have some in stock. Also, there are threads on ar15.com and Calguns.net that have “in stock lower receivers”, try those out.

If you can’t find any I have two raw ar15 80’s I’d let go, PM me and we can work something out.

Hope that helps.

It does help, thank you very much

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 2:37 PM

Check 80percentarms.com
They even have .308/AR10 lowers in stock usually I believe.
Look through their site. They sell jigs also to make it much easier when you drill.
But sometimes shipping can take forever(4 weeks) because they get overwhelmed on filling orders.
Most people aren't wanting to buy AR-15's over the counter right now like in the past.
They want them undocumented - so as you know,this is best way - DIY.

Keep in mind too in a lot of states & counties you can legally build into a pistol also.
Look for a 7.5 or 10.5 upper and then a brace strap.
Phase 5 has some cool AR pistol goodies.
Complete build kit (minus lower reciever).
http://phase5wsi.com/ar-15-pistol-completion-kit-pck.html
Then get a brace/strap.
http://phase5wsi.com/arm-braces-and-straps/

As far as full length uppers go.
Gas Piston is the ticket IMO,rather then gas only.
IMO these are the best on the market (HK MR556 A1) I have a couple.
Unfortunately out of stock...but if you can find one - they are great.
https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/en/Rifle-Parts/Upper-Receiver-Parts/MR556-Upper-Receiver-Kit/p/81000077

Another cool place to get parts & accessories etc.. from is https://www.rainierarms.com
They've always got some neat stuff.
I just noticed they also had 80% lowers.
Even some Glock pistol ones.
https://www.rainierarms.com/lower/stripped-lower-receivers/80-lowers/

|

4/12/2018 1:46 PM

https://daytonatactical.com

They have decent turnaround times

|

4/12/2018 2:45 PM

palmetto state armory had lowers for $49, not complete lower

|

"So you're telling me there's a chance!!"

4/12/2018 4:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 4:00 PM

Don't know if they have what you want but I've always used

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

|

4/12/2018 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 7:30 PM

THere’s always gun runs when the tv is littered with “take the gun fix it” special segments.

Just wait till they get back to the impeach agenda. The gun racks, lowers, uppers, 80%ers will fill back up. Manufacturers are still pumpin the pieces out like ford pumps out assault trucks.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/12/2018 7:53 PM

FastEddy wrote:

Check 80percentarms.com
They even have .308/AR10 lowers in stock usually I believe.
Look through their site. They sell jigs also to make it much easier when you drill.
But sometimes shipping can take forever(4 weeks) because they get overwhelmed on filling orders.
Most people aren't wanting to buy AR-15's over the counter right now like in the past.
They want them undocumented - so as you know,this is best way - DIY.

Keep in mind too in a lot of states & counties you can legally build into a pistol also.
Look for a 7.5 or 10.5 upper and then a brace strap.
Phase 5 has some cool AR pistol goodies.
Complete build kit (minus lower reciever).
http://phase5wsi.com/ar-15-pistol-completion-kit-pck.html
Then get a brace/strap.
http://phase5wsi.com/arm-braces-and-straps/

As far as full length uppers go.
Gas Piston is the ticket IMO,rather then gas only.
IMO these are the best on the market (HK MR556 A1) I have a couple.
Unfortunately out of stock...but if you can find one - they are great.
https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/en/Rifle-Parts/Upper-Receiver-Parts/MR556-Upper-Receiver-Kit/p/81000077

Another cool place to get parts & accessories etc.. from is https://www.rainierarms.com
They've always got some neat stuff.
I just noticed they also had 80% lowers.
Even some Glock pistol ones.
https://www.rainierarms.com/lower/stripped-lower-receivers/80-lowers/

Thanks, some great recommendations here!

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 8:01 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

https://daytonatactical.com

They have decent turnaround times

Aaaand I'm drooling over the billet. Do you have experience with billet vs forged? I'm just wondering how much of a bitch it is on a drill press compared to a forged. I'm trying to avoid biting off more than I can chew as much as possible.

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 8:06 PM

rucka356 wrote:

palmetto state armory had lowers for $49, not complete lower

Yeah I've been checking their website each week, but they're out of stock on lowers every time I do. Seems like a good source for a lot of other parts at the moment (although I know the hysteria will die down soon and things will be normal)

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 8:13 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Don't know if they have what you want but I've always used

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Man, I can't even get that site to ship me a bolt action (been eyeing a budget hunter as well and building it up). Seems they get sticky with a CA address, like a few other places that I've come across.

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 8:39 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

Aaaand I'm drooling over the billet. Do you have experience with billet vs forged? I'm just wondering how much of a bitch it is on a drill press compared to a forged. I'm trying to avoid biting off more than I can chew as much as possible.

Billet stuff is cool looking.
Not sure about drilling it out though - you could mail them and ask.
You can also get stuff like billet triggers & trigger guards,ambi safety's and over sized billet mag releases too.
I fooled around with some of the billet parts on this build.
This is a forged lower I have with the stuff I mentioned... billet trigger etc.
It's got a Faxon 300 blackout ARAK 21 upper on it.

Photo


This is the full rifle - stock folded.
It's got a side folder on it...because the ARAK21 uppers dont use a buffer system - so I figured I'd try something different.
It's basically an AK47 style upper in 300 blackout on an AR lower.
Photo

|

4/12/2018 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 9:19 PM

FastEddy wrote:

Billet stuff is cool looking.
Not sure about drilling it out though - you could mail them and ask.
You can also get stuff like billet triggers & trigger guards,ambi safety's and over sized billet mag releases too.
I fooled around with some of the billet parts on this build.
This is a forged lower I have with the stuff I mentioned... billet trigger etc.
It's got a Faxon 300 blackout ARAK 21 upper on it.

Photo


This is the full rifle - stock folded.
It's got a side folder on it...because the ARAK21 uppers dont use a buffer system - so I figured I'd try something different.
It's basically an AK47 style upper in 300 blackout on an AR lower.
Photo

That looks mean! I'm sure the billet on the lower would be overkill for anything I'm doing, but I like the idea of going with other pieces in billet like you did

|

@fiendz.cc

4/12/2018 11:12 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Don't know if they have what you want but I've always used

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Cheaper Than Dirt will probably not ship to California, They're kinda shitty that way. They won't ship some parts because of California, Their name is mud in the Calguns.net community.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

4/13/2018 1:37 PM

Just placed an order with 80percentarms for a billet lower cool Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys.

|

@fiendz.cc

4/13/2018 2:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 2:27 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

Just placed an order with 80percentarms for a billet lower cool Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys.

It's a good lower, someone close to me has one. wink

they also have used the 80% arms jig for the AR-15.

He also used the longer than standard end mill available in their site.

It is relatively easy, he used a mill instead of a drill press or router but there are several methods.

You won't be disappointed.

His advice is use good sharp drill bits and go slow.

|

4/13/2018 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2018 2:33 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

Just placed an order with 80percentarms for a billet lower cool Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys.

Awesome.
Congrats.


If you guys want to checkout something neat that some folks are doing in regards to DIY firearm building.
Some guys are getting these HK MP5 weldment sets and building their own MP5 Pistols & SBR's.
Kinda spendy but sorta neat.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Parts-Kits-Flats-Jigs-c86.htm

Here's a guy bending one.

|

4/13/2018 2:41 PM

Fast Eddie,

Have yous seen these?

http://ar15mold.com/

also a little pricey, but interesting.....

PS

|

4/13/2018 2:56 PM

Piston Slap wrote:

Fast Eddie,

Have yous seen these?

http://ar15mold.com/

also a little pricey, but interesting.....

PS

That's pretty neat,I hadn't seen those yet.
People are getting pretty creative these days.

|

4/13/2018 4:47 PM

Piston Slap wrote:

It's a good lower, someone close to me has one. wink

they also have used the 80% arms jig for the AR-15.

He also used the longer than standard end mill available in their site.

It is relatively easy, he used a mill instead of a drill press or router but there are several methods.

You won't be disappointed.

His advice is use good sharp drill bits and go slow.

Good to know, I actually didn't even realize it was 6061 aluminum until after I ordered but I'm actually kind of glad it isn't 7075. 6061 should be a lot easier to mill out from my understanding, so in theory I shouldn't be burning through too many bits...but my first time doing anything is usually quite a learning experience whistling

|

@fiendz.cc

4/13/2018 4:48 PM

FastEddy wrote:

Awesome.
Congrats.


If you guys want to checkout something neat that some folks are doing in regards to DIY firearm building.
Some guys are getting these HK MP5 weldment sets and building their own MP5 Pistols & SBR's.
Kinda spendy but sorta neat.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Parts-Kits-Flats-Jigs-c86.htm

Here's a guy bending one.

I can't wait to nerd out over this with a cold beer when I get home

|

@fiendz.cc

4/13/2018 7:37 PM

FiendzCC wrote:

Just placed an order with 80percentarms for a billet lower cool Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys.

FastEddy wrote:

Awesome.
Congrats.


If you guys want to checkout something neat that some folks are doing in regards to DIY firearm building.
Some guys are getting these HK MP5 weldment sets and building their own MP5 Pistols & SBR's.
Kinda spendy but sorta neat.
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Parts-Kits-Flats-Jigs-c86.htm

Here's a guy bending one.

That is bad ass!!

|

4/14/2018 11:26 AM

FiendzCC wrote:

Good to know, I actually didn't even realize it was 6061 aluminum until after I ordered but I'm actually kind of glad it isn't 7075. 6061 should be a lot easier to mill out from my understanding, so in theory I shouldn't be burning through too many bits...but my first time doing anything is usually quite a learning experience whistling

You won't have to worry about burning any bits up. The aluminum is easy to remove in small increments....the reason he said go slow is to get a very good finish inside the lower. . . And...a sharper bit gives you a cleaner hole....

|

4/14/2018 11:28 AM

Photo

|

4/14/2018 11:29 AM

80% arms lower assembled.....no markings

|

4/16/2018 8:08 AM

Piston Slap wrote:

80% arms lower assembled.....no markings

Looks clean all put together. I'm playing the waiting game now, they said up to two weeks, but I'll give them at least three. Gives me time to save for a lower kit and other goodies. Not trying to get too crazy with this because I'm also getting back into moto so my funds are tied up in that as well, but we'll see what happens haha

|

@fiendz.cc

4/16/2018 8:12 AM

FastEddy wrote:

Billet stuff is cool looking.
Not sure about drilling it out though - you could mail them and ask.
You can also get stuff like billet triggers & trigger guards,ambi safety's and over sized billet mag releases too.
I fooled around with some of the billet parts on this build.
This is a forged lower I have with the stuff I mentioned... billet trigger etc.
It's got a Faxon 300 blackout ARAK 21 upper on it.

Photo


This is the full rifle - stock folded.
It's got a side folder on it...because the ARAK21 uppers dont use a buffer system - so I figured I'd try something different.
It's basically an AK47 style upper in 300 blackout on an AR lower.
Photo

Any issues cycling the next round?

|

4/16/2018 8:31 AM

MR. X wrote:

Any issues cycling the next round?

No,I haven't any issues with it.
Faxon has a pretty good product.

|

4/17/2018 7:50 AM

FiendzCC wrote:

Looks clean all put together. I'm playing the waiting game now, they said up to two weeks, but I'll give them at least three. Gives me time to save for a lower kit and other goodies. Not trying to get too crazy with this because I'm also getting back into moto so my funds are tied up in that as well, but we'll see what happens haha

Swim is happy with the way it turned out. smile

If you are on a budget, look at Ar-15 kits from SARCO, they have a Wylde barrel that chambers both .226 and 5.45.

Complete kits without the lower are 300 bucks.. . includes everything you need.

Good luck and have fun!

|