'69 Camaro build thread

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2020 3:24 PM

Based off the response of the other thread I had about the car I'll start a build thread here. I'm not going to start all the way back to when I got the car so we'll start at the beginning of Temper 2.0 as the car has gone a different direction that I like much better than 1.0 was. I'm not going to post up everything as that would be a few pages by its self. I'll touch on the big stuff for now and then I'll post everything as I progress on the car. If you want to see more everything is on my Instagram. So to start the catch up process lets start with the build plan.

LSA converted to dry sumo and a LS9 supercharger. Goal is around 700 rwhp. Not going crazy with the build just a ported blower, cam, and pulleys. Maybe a little head work, we'll see.
TR6070 7 speed transmission from a C7 Z06 with cooler.
C6 Z06 rear diff. with cooler.
Anvil carbon everything
C6 dash swap with custom interior
Infinity Box for the chassis controls
ZR1 carbon ceramic brakes
C7 Z06 wheels 295/30-19 front 335/25-20 rear
Wide body
6th gen Camaro roof
Body side vents for the brakes
Carbon fiber parts, interior, door panels, bumper, ect.
Vintage Air HVAC

Weight goal 3100lbs, 50/50 weight distribution.

So thats the main items. Lets start with the car now. In order to stuff a C5/6 frame into a '69 Camaro it took a lot of measuring. I was able to luck out and found that the upper pinch welds on the outer rockers measure the same as the inner side of the Corvette frame. Figuring out that I had to make the Vette chassis 3.5" longer to match the Camaro led me to buying 2 wrecked frames to join them together. To replace the outer frame rails I went with 2x4 square tube and modified it to fit into the Camaro's outer rocker. This left the bottom of the rocker to be the new floor support as I kept the fiberglass/wood floors from the vette. The first two pictures are a proof of concept and then the new frame rails.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo

Putting the two together after blasting and epoxy was kinda like sliding a match box together.
Photo
Photo

This is where the car sits for about a year and a half as I lost my shop space. I started working at another dealer this year and they let me work on the car. While I couldn't work on the car I was able to do some small projects like build the bumper. I made the bumper before the car was mothballed so I just had to finish it. After it was all body worked and painted I made a mold and then a carbon bumper for it.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I needed to add more gauges to my car and the C6 bezel was a perfect spot since I wasn't using the buttons here.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I also needed a cluster. Using the C6 stock cluster I cut it up. I designed a layout kinda like the vette and used a t shirt and resin to get a base. Then it got body worked and wrapped in carbon as well.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I also did the same with the console. Put in a double din radio frame, HVAC controls, and my power window switches.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 3:25 PM

Starting back to work on the car I went after the firewall. It was tricky because I had to match the stock Vette firewall for the brakes, steering, and slave and tie the two cars together.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

While I though about how I wanted to proceed on the firewall from here I took a break from it and went to work on the trunk tin work. I started with the wheel tubs. It was also my first time using an english wheel, I was very happy with how all the metal work came out.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Somewhere around the time from the trunk metal to the firewall I knocked out the seat mounts. Because I made the frame longer the stock seat mounts didn't line up anymore and needed moved. I didn't like the sheet metal mounts bonded to the floors in terms of strength so I made them out of 1x2" tube with those all thread nuts welded in to bolt the seats down. I then got the floors cut to fit and bonded them together for a stock appearance. They will be wrapped in carbon to give them a little more strength and not crack.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

With the seat mounts done I measured for rear wheels. I wasn't happy with only being able to fit a 295 tire on a 20x10 on the back of my car so I decided it needed to be a wide body. I got 2 new quarters and went to work with my shrinker getting some bulge out of them. This gained me just a touch over 2" per side.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

With the outer part figured out I needed the outer tubs to match the width. This was a lot of bead rolling and shrinker work to make happen and match the body lines of the Camaro.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 3:28 PM

I was recovering from a cold and really not in the mood to cut metal or weld it so I did some other small odd end things like check the dash fitment, add LED turn signals to my Anvil carbon mirrors, and mock up a cooling stack.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

A few weeks ago I got my oil tank for the dry sump. I found the perfect spot where it would be out of the way, protected, and no loss of foot space. I then built the firewall around that idea and got the tank, breather tank, and HVAC bulkhead mounted there. I'm now able to finish out this side of the firewall and I'm thinking about mounting the washer tank in the outer tulip part on the passenger side.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Parts have started to roll in as well. The C6 rear sub frame showed up today to be able to bolt up the rear diff. The 2" stainless works headers are here, my C6 ZR1 brakes are here, the transmission is here. The torque tube is supposed to be here tomorrow. In a few weeks I'll be able to bolt it all together and mock it up and see a driveline in my the 2.0 version for the very first time.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

This is a pretty big update as lots of parts came together for the first time and this is the first time the drive line has been put into the car. Lets start with the stuff I mess with during the week after work. I am running Anvil Phantom marker lamps. I'm not much for having the same thing as everyone else so I converted them to LED.

Photo
Photo
Photo

So with that out of the way lets get started on Saturdays projects as I had a lot of stuff to test fit. Back story on the large part of this is to make the C5 frame fit into a '69 Camaro I had to make the wheel base 3.5" longer on the Vette frame. That in turn made my torque tube 3.5" to short to fit into the new wheel base and I was going to have my tube made longer. Being I wasn't in a hurry for it I never got that done which worked out best for me. Knowing that the C6 torque tubes are a different length I started to research how long they were. I was also looking into how much longer the TR6060 is because the front pump in it is why the C6 torque tube is a different length as well as the wheel base being different (due to the auto 6 speed being longer was the main reason for that). I found that since early C6 cars came with the T56 and late came with the TR6060 that the early cars had a longer torque tube. The bell housing is also deeper because of the twin disk clutch in the ZR1. I found that some people were able to swap the 7 speed manual into their C5 and C6 cars and its roughly 1 3/4" longer than the T56. So after a lot of math and crunching numbers I was able to figure out that a 2006 C6 Z06 torque tube and bell housing, a C7 Z06 transmission, and a C6 Z06 rear diff. (output shaft is bigger on the Z06 trans than the standard and same with the rear diff.) all linked together came out to 3.61" longer than my C5 stuff. In theory it should fit.

Photo

Also to make this work I needed to swap the rear cradle because of how the transaxle mounted. Here you can see the difference in the bell housing height.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

So now the moment

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Part 2

Having the hard stuff done I aligned the car so I know where my wheels were supposed to be so I could measure for rear rims.

Photo
Photo
Photo

With all of that done I was able to mount the shark fin antenna, check supercharger lid clearance, and test fit the 2" C6 Z06 headers.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Since I still had some time left in the day I started mock up of the supercharger reservoir

Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 3:32 PM

These belong with the above post.
Photo
Photo
Photo

Ok lets get on with the firewall work. Seems the small parts take forever to fit up. I got the passenger side pretty much ready for grinding, metal finishing, and ready to weld the wiper cowl back on. I need to finish a few small parts on the driver side and get some epoxy shot in it before that happens though.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Seats showed up a day later than I had hoped for so I wasn't able to get them test fit. I went with C7 seats and will upgrade the backs to the comp seats and eventually have them recovered when the interior is done.

Photo

Ok so I was wrong about the weekend I had to work, its next weekend. So I was able to get some work done on the car Saturday. I started off by putting the seats and dash back in so I could see how it all fit. The ergonomics are great and they bolted right in. The C7 seats sit a little higher combined with the 1/2" taller seat floor mounts they still have enough clearance to safely fit a helmet. The passenger seat all the way back has enough room for someone 6'3" to sit in it comfortably and not be cramped. I like how the driver seat fits and the pedal placement works very well for me.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

After getting the seats in I moved onto the wiper motor. I've been over thinking how to mount it for way to long. As it turns out simple is better in this case. As soon as I find my wiper arms I'll get the transmission link finished up and check one more task off my list. Before anyone asks, that is a 2002 Deville wiper motor and modified wiper transmission links. Yes it is what Detroit speed used on their early kits, and it works with pretty much every GM wiper switch with delay.

Photo
Photo

Since I still had a little time in the day I started on the dash mounts. I got the driver corner finished up and started to weld it in place. I'll finish welding it when I get the dash out.

Photo
Photo

After finishing up the wiper motor I've been playing with the idea of quarter vents to cool my trans and rear diff. while using the door vents for the brakes. I liked the C7 Z06 vents and made a paper template off a C7 to see if there was room. Since the paper lined up nicely I bought a vent off a wrecked C7 to see how the real vent lines would line up. Turns out that the C7 and the Camaro have the exact same body line, which kinda tells me that I have to put them in. Kris Horton saw my update in Instagram and added them to the render real quick. They look pretty sick on there so it looks like I have another project added to my plate. I plan on venting them out one of the rear defuser fins on each side.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 3:36 PM

The wheels I've decides to run showed up and I mounted the rear tires as that's all I had. They are C7 Z06 20x12 and 19x10. The rear tires are 335/25-20 and I'm going to run a 295/30-19 front when I get around to finding a used set to mock up with. I think the Corvette Racing caps give it a nice tie into the chassis and driveline in the car.

Photo
Photo

They fit very well and aren't as bad looking in person size wise as the pictures make it look. I really didn't want that big of rims, but thats kinda what I had to work with and I knew they cleared the ZR1 brakes.

Photo
Photo

The front fender is for sure getting cut up. I was hoping to avoid that, but its gonna happen.

Photo

The 15.5" brakes look killer in them though

Photo

With the wheels fit checked I went back to the firewall thats been kicking my ass. Specifically the driver side trying to get it finished up. The small parts take the most time to fab and fit up as well as come up with a good layout that doesn't just looked hacked together. This is where I started the morning.

wiper1.md.jpg

And with a lot of english wheel and shrinker work I ended up with this.

Photo

I wanted to build a close out panel to cover the wiper motor and tie the outer tulip to the firewall that bolts on. So I did and I added a bead rolled "X" like the original Camaro firewall had. Annnnd then I realized I forgot to pre stretch the metal for that deep of bead. Here you can see side by side how much pre stretching the metal with the english wheel helps.

Photo
Photo

And here it is installed with the booster so you can see the curve matched the firewall.

Photo

I got the outer tulip panel finished and the cover ready to bolt in place. I ran out of riv-nuts so I couldn't finish that part. I recently got the HammerFab riv-nut dimple dies and they take things to a new level by flush mounting them.

Photo
Photo

The wiper cowl is all thats left to finish welding. I got most of it done, but not all of it. I'm hoping to get it finished early next Saturday and still move onto something else. I built it to match the curve on the upper cowl panel then flare out at the ends to match up to the original firewall and fender mounts.

Photo
Photo

I've decided to go with a stock C7 Corvette radiator and condenser. I've done a lot of research on it and I feel this radiator combined with an extractor hood and possibly 1 or 2 sub radiators will work for me. They will be mounted at a pretty good angle and be fed from the Anvil carbon fiber lower valance and the center of the grille. The rest of the grille will be blocked off to keep air from getting into the engine bay.

Photo
Photo

To cool things down when not in motion I've decided on a 2018 CTS-V cooling fan. Its the 850 watts and 19" PWM controlled by the ECM. As you can see its much bigger than my cooling stack. After trimming it to what I need I've figured out how to mount it and I'll work on building the top part of the shroud with some sheet metal and the english wheel.

Photo
Photo

I've also started on the vacuum pump bracket. I need to do some hammer and dolley work on it to make the bends a little more crisp, but its almost ready to weld and finish out.

Photo
Photo

The firewall is now done until I decide what I want to do with the passenger tulip by putting the supercharger reservoir there and get the engine out to finish grinding welds. So I'm checking it off my list for now.

Photo

Then I moved onto the vacuum pump. I welded up the bracket and finished it out and got it mounted.

Photo

With that out of the way I got the front end rough fit so that I could get the core support the correct height and squared to the body then make the mounts. I got them cut out and welded on and with that out of the way I'll finish them once I finish getting the radiator mounted so I can take it off the car. I forgot to get a picture, you can see it in the under hood shot with the radiator though.

Photo

For the radiator I'm still planning on the extractor hood. Even with that huge fan I had room to lay down and still be clear. I'll also finish those mounts when they are off the car and build a gusset to support the radiator. Ordered some bushings for the upper mounts, so I'm hoping to have them by the weekend to finish the radiator mounts. If they don't show up I'll skip to getting the dash mounts finished up.

Photo
Photo
Photo

It doesn't look like I got much done mainly because I had the dash in and out so many times and lots of trimming and hammer and dolley work. That said I actually got a lot done on the dash. The stock upper dash metal was cut down to give a lip to tuck the C6 dash under for a clean transition to the windshield and the C6 dash was trimmed down to the body curve. I built a new center mount and put some dimples in it to stiffen it up and shed some weight. I also plan on mounting my HVAC from the center mount. I had the HVAC module in for some measuring so once I build the box mount I'll be able to get it in the car as well.

Mount wise I still have to finish the passenger mount. I built 5 lower tabs that the slips between the upper body and the tabs to hold everything in place and not move around. I still need to finish both ends of the stock upper and get the VIN tag area squared away. Once wrapped in leather and painted I think it will all look really clean like it cam from the factory that way.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I picked up a LS9 supercharger because it fits my car better in terms of the accessory drive. It however will need a 1/2" adapter plate to fit the ZL1 lid to it so I had to check fitment. Clears the hood just fine, but its a 1/4" away from the passenger side firewall. I think I'll be ok as I'm running poly mounts.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

With that done I finished up the dash. First I finished up the passenger mount and then the upper dash metal fit and welded.

Photo
Photo

After all of that I got the front end square, measured where to put the core support mounts and got the frame cut, rewelded, random holes fillled and then the front end all back on to double check with the radiator back in to make sure I'll still clear.

Photo
Photo

I was out of time and needed to clean up, but I have a Chevy Trax coolant reservoir that I wondered how it would fit into the build. It actually looks like that will be a good area for it so I might order a new one up. It would mount nicely to the inner fenders that I still have to build.

Photo

During the week I've been tinkering with how to mount the fan using the stock radiator mounts. I need a different piece of aluminum for the other side, but I think this will work out nicely.

Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 3:38 PM

Working on the frame horns. I capped them both off and welded in a bushing to keep from crushing the rail when the core support is bolted on. They finished out nice and I left myself plenty of frame rail so I'm able to bolt on a tow hook, which I'm going to start pondering how I want it to work.

After getting the rails finished up I finished the dash to A pillar ends. The more I think about them the less happy I become and I think I'm going to redo them so the glass fits better in those areas. Anyways, on to the pics.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I decided to get started on the roof. This mod has been on my build plan for a long time to set it apart even more. The skin was from a '16+ Camaro and it lines up almost perfectly with the 50 year old body. I got it finial measured and all lined up and started cutting out the front and rear roof sections and went at tacking it in. Lots of cutting, tack welds, hammer and dolly work to get it to this point. I'm not even half way done with the welding and grinding. Once I get that finished up I have a few hours of planishing to do. It's a huge pain in the butt just like I though it was going to be, but I'm really happy with how it looks on the car.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

More welding, grinding, and hammer/dolly work. I'm almost done though, need to weld up the front after reshaping the corners.
Photo
Photo

During the week I've been working on the fan mount and shroud here and there after work. I'm closer to tacking it up and getting it ready to weld.
I also got the fan its self mostly trimmed down and cleaned up.
Photo
Photo
Photo

I started to work on the quarter vent mounts as well. I need to get them tuned up and the box made for the under side before I fit them to the car.
Photo

The goal for next Saturday is to finish up the roof and move to finishing up the rear frame rails so I can get them all coated in epoxy and get the floors finial welded in. If I have time I want to try and start on the battery mount as well.

I decided to take a break from the roof. Its making me feel like I'm not getting much done on the car so I needed a change of pace to get some motivation back. Thats why I didn't bother with a update last week, because it was just the same welding, grinding, hammer/dolly work. Without a real game plan for the day (which isn't how I normally do things) I decided to start with getting the door latches done. Previously I had some late model GM latches that I was using. I have since changed my build plan and now use electric buttons to open the door and the C6 Corvette latches are the best solution for this in terms of serviceability and a proven design.

I started with a rough paper tracing and laid it over the striker slot and traced it to the metal. After modifying the cutout, drilling new mounting holes, and filling the old holes I made a better templet to transfer to the passenger side. That to was modified, new holes, and welded up the old holes.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I found that I had the wrong strikers, so I had to move onto something else. The C6 latches have emergency release levers in the even of power or latch failure. I mounted them the same way they are mounted in the C6.

Photo
Photo

I've been wanting to get my electronics laid out so I could start to plan my wiring. I decided the left rear wheel well was the best place to mount my rear Infinity Box power cell. Lots of room thats not being used for anything else. I built the mount and welded it in.

Photo
Photo
Photo

With all of that done I figured I start to layout the transmission cooler. Since I'm running the TR6070 7 speed it has a built in cooler pump. I wanted to keep the cooler in the rear. I think it will work perfectly in this location and blend well into my defuser. I just need to build some real mounts for it now.

Photo
Photo
Photo

And now you are all up to date.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 4:23 PM

Good job, reminds me of when I built all my race cars & fab'ing everything by hand. Gotta love a nice metal break and a big pile of Clecos !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

1/27/2020 4:32 PM

That thing is going to be beautiful. What's your estimated timeline from start to finish? (Sorry if you said it in one of your posts, I was too busy looking at the photos.)

|

1/27/2020 5:24 PM

Sully wrote:

That thing is going to be beautiful. What's your estimated timeline from start to finish? (Sorry if you said it in one of your posts, I was too busy looking at the photos.)

I hope to drive it this fall. Won’t be done, but I’ve never driven this car and I’ve had it 10 years. It was almost done once doing finial assembly on the bottom of the car and I started over. That was 3 years ago. Actual work time in the version I have less than a year in it, but that’s one day a week for 8 hours which really sucks and slows progress way way down.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 6:20 PM

Really good work , i was just curious what your background is or where you learned your fab skills .

|

1/27/2020 7:19 PM

JeremyK wrote:

Really good work , i was just curious what your background is or where you learned your fab skills .

I’ve been a GM tech for going on 19 years now. The fab stuff I taught myself how to do it all and would watch YouTube and read about stuff. You don’t know unless you try it. This is the most extensive fab work I’ve ever done so a lot of this (like the carbon fiber stuff) I’m learning for the first time.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/27/2020 8:18 PM

You sir have some serious skills!

|

1/27/2020 11:51 PM

Simply amazing work!

That would of made an incredible YouTube vid, guys make hundreds of thousandths of dollars doing car restoration on YT, i follow many of them and I am totally hooked.

Even just a fixed camera in the corner of the shop that you could time lapse.

Im really looking forward to watching as the project progresses. 👍

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/28/2020 6:23 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Simply amazing work!

That would of made an incredible YouTube vid, guys make hundreds of thousandths of dollars doing car restoration on YT, i follow many of them and I am totally hooked.

Even just a fixed camera in the corner of the shop that you could time lapse.

Im really looking forward to watching as the project progresses. 👍

I've had a few people tell me I should do a YouTube channel. I don't really know how to do all of that kind of stuff and I'm not really one for talking on camera. The money would be nice though lol. I have a Garmin that I can set for time laps. I don't know how fun that would be to watch though as it can be slow work.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/28/2020 10:24 AM

Amazing work AJ! Totally blown away with this project of yours. Thanks for making a build thread on it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/28/2020 12:02 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Amazing work AJ! Totally blown away with this project of yours. Thanks for making a build thread on it.

Thank you, and you're welcome.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/28/2020 6:16 PM

Gorgeous work. Keep it coming! Maybe I missed it (self admittedly got sucked into the pictures) what’s the suspension setup?

|

1/28/2020 8:23 PM

Premix wrote:

Gorgeous work. Keep it coming! Maybe I missed it (self admittedly got sucked into the pictures) what’s the suspension setup?

Thank you. C5 Corvette chassis stuffed into the car. I’ll upgrade the sway bars and run coil overs on it.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/28/2020 11:16 PM

Very, very impressive work. Having watched, and participated in helping my father build/restore dozens of custom cars for customers, I know how much time, effort and $$ you have into your build. I own a 69' Camaro, but your is next level.
Do you have this build on any other site, Pro-tour or Lateral-G ?

|

1/29/2020 6:06 AM

digger wrote:

Very, very impressive work. Having watched, and participated in helping my father build/restore dozens of custom cars for customers, I know how much time, effort and $$ you have into your build. I own a 69' Camaro, but your is next level.
Do you have this build on any other site, Pro-tour or Lateral-G ?

Thank you. Yes, lots of time and money into the car. Yeah, its on both of those sites and corvette forum. I've been a member on those longer than on here. My screen name on those sites is CamaroAJ.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/29/2020 9:19 AM

Dude, so sick! I agree with the part where you were talking about wheels/wheel size. My problem with a lot of these era cars is they put newish 22" wheels with skinny tires that make the muscle car look like dogshit. Your choice is modern yet tasteful at the same time.

Sorry if I missed it, do you plan to hold onto this car or what?

|

1/29/2020 9:47 AM

seth505 wrote:

Dude, so sick! I agree with the part where you were talking about wheels/wheel size. My problem with a lot of these era cars is they put newish 22" wheels with skinny tires that make the muscle car look like dogshit. Your choice is modern yet tasteful at the same time.

Sorry if I missed it, do you plan to hold onto this car or what?

I wanted 18's all around as I think it fits the wheel openings better and I'd have a lot more tire choices, But the brakes need more room and custom wheels are expensive and still wouldn't solve my clearance problem.

I'll keep it unless someone offers me a good amount of money for it. I can build another, better one with what I learned from this one.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

2/3/2020 11:16 AM

Saturday I decided I wanted to get my battery mounted. I decided to keep it in the right rear of the trunk and recessed into the floor like I had in V1 of this build. I built the battery tray after work a few months back and had been playing with different locations for it, but nothing appealed to me.

Since I haven't welded my quarters back on yet it gives me a ton of room to work. I set the tray where I wanted it, traced it out, then cut it out. I have it so the battery is parallel to the ground. Since I had already built the new floor and had all that bead rolled I had to hammer and dolly out a decent amount of the lines so I could redesign them to flow with the battery box and not look like it was an after though. I was pretty happy with how it came out.

To mount the battery hold down I used my Hammer Fab rivnut dimple dies and then installed 3/8" rivnuts. The only thing left to finish is cutting out a new wider section for the trunk drop because of the wide body quarters. I have it all traced out and need to run it through the band saw. Once thats done that will be one more project checked off the check list.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

2/3/2020 5:27 PM

This thread delivers. You’re talented!!!

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/3/2020 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2020 5:36 PM

Man, I'm scared just doing some basic mods on my C10.

This spring my goal is to relocate my fuel tank to the rear, getting rid of the under the seat saddle tanks. Then I want to drop the floor a few inches to get a tad more room for a newer Chevy 40-20-40 or bucket seat setup. I have Suburban buckets in it right now, but being a big guy I'd really like to get some more room.

Probably looking at shortening my steering column an inch or two as well.

I need to get rid of some rust anyway, so the floor needs some cutting but I'm nervous just thinking about it........

What I'm hoping to do is like the beginning of this thread.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/gmt800-nbs-seats-in-a-square-body.375/

|

2/4/2020 5:24 AM

AJ! YOU CRAZY!!! Crazy genius... but crazy nonetheless.

The Youtube timelapse vids would be welcome but it would be additional hassle for you to edit the videofootage and pair it with photos anyway so this thread is fine as wine.

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

2/4/2020 6:31 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Man, I'm scared just doing some basic mods on my C10.

This spring my goal is to relocate my fuel tank to the rear, getting rid of the under the seat saddle tanks. Then I want to drop the floor a few inches to get a tad more room for a newer Chevy 40-20-40 or bucket seat setup. I have Suburban buckets in it right now, but being a big guy I'd really like to get some more room.

Probably looking at shortening my steering column an inch or two as well.

I need to get rid of some rust anyway, so the floor needs some cutting but I'm nervous just thinking about it........

What I'm hoping to do is like the beginning of this thread.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/gmt800-nbs-seats-in-a-square-body.375/

Its only metal, it can be replaced.

Thanks guys, I'm liking how its turning out.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

2/5/2020 3:24 PM

Is anyone else drooling? Cause I am drooling. A LOT.

|

2/5/2020 4:46 PM

I'm digging it. I showed this thread to my friend who is the OCD electronics wiring guru and even he was impressed.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/5/2020 7:53 PM

Falcon wrote:

I'm digging it. I showed this thread to my friend who is the OCD electronics wiring guru and even he was impressed.

He’s gonna really like when I start to wire the car. My Infinity Box system is all CAN buss data controlled and the gauges are CAN data as well. I can control the whole car from my phone if I wanted to. it’s a pretty sweet setup.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ