4th of July plans?

zehn
7/8/2020 5:47pm
And yes people really were that close to the bears. Unfortunately this kind of behavior only has one ultimate outcome
Chance1216
7/8/2020 6:07pm
zehn wrote:
Going fishing on the Kenai river Most of the local celebrations have been cancelled in pretty much all the towns but people here are organizing their...
Going fishing on the Kenai river

Most of the local celebrations have been cancelled in pretty much all the towns but people here are organizing their own parades, celebrations etc. Some of them sound like they'll be fairly large celebrations
KennyT wrote:
Sounds like a great day. I’ll get out on my bike and head up the coast where the beaches are closed and hopefully not deal with...
Sounds like a great day. I’ll get out on my bike and head up the coast where the beaches are closed and hopefully not deal with any traffic. No celebrations of magnitude in my area.....my dog will appreciate that. Good luck tomorrow....please post some pics of you catch some fish 👍
zehn wrote:
Fishing was slow but did manage to get a sockeye. The main entertainment came in the form of bears, luckily on the other side of the...
Fishing was slow but did manage to get a sockeye. The main entertainment came in the form of bears, luckily on the other side of the river from us Woohoo

Momma bear came out of the bushes with 3 cubs. One of the cubs kept running up to the filet tables and stealing people’s fish. Eventually a juvenile came around too, so there were 5 bears all together

Now I’m itching to get out. Still a couple weeks until the runs start here but, soon enough. Nice sockeye.
We don’t get as many of them as the other species of salmon here.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/8/2020 6:09pm
zehn wrote:
Fishing was slow but did manage to get a sockeye. The main entertainment came in the form of bears, luckily on the other side of the...
Fishing was slow but did manage to get a sockeye. The main entertainment came in the form of bears, luckily on the other side of the river from us Woohoo

Momma bear came out of the bushes with 3 cubs. One of the cubs kept running up to the filet tables and stealing people’s fish. Eventually a juvenile came around too, so there were 5 bears all together

How is that sunburn feeling? Your hands/arms are burnt red.
zehn
7/8/2020 6:13pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
How is that sunburn feeling? Your hands/arms are burnt red.
Actually not bad at all! The sun is so mild here, it was maybe 17-18C out. I was wondering if someone would notice. I've been doing a lot of road biking this summer so I actually haven't gotten a sunburn all year

It looks far worse than it actually was

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/8/2020 10:12pm
zehn wrote:
Going fishing on the Kenai river Most of the local celebrations have been cancelled in pretty much all the towns but people here are organizing their...
Going fishing on the Kenai river

Most of the local celebrations have been cancelled in pretty much all the towns but people here are organizing their own parades, celebrations etc. Some of them sound like they'll be fairly large celebrations
KennyT wrote:
Sounds like a great day. I’ll get out on my bike and head up the coast where the beaches are closed and hopefully not deal with...
Sounds like a great day. I’ll get out on my bike and head up the coast where the beaches are closed and hopefully not deal with any traffic. No celebrations of magnitude in my area.....my dog will appreciate that. Good luck tomorrow....please post some pics of you catch some fish 👍
zehn wrote:

That is incredible! 👍
MudPup545
7/9/2020 12:39pm

This was the first 4th of July weekend in 26 years that I wasn’t @ Red Bud. So instead we up north camping and boating.

Post a reply to: 4th of July plans?

The Latest