3D printed guns

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2018 6:47 AM

Surprised this hasn’t been brought up already. What does everyone think?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/judge-blocked-release-3d-printed-gun

|

8/1/2018 7:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2018 7:12 AM

Who really wants a POS plastic gun in the first place?

But that's not really what this is all about. Entertaining to see what gets squashed and what continues to run rampant. I'm not talking about here on Vital either.

|

8/1/2018 7:16 AM

I have no need to 3D print my own guns when as a law abiding citizen I can go buy whatever I want and can afford. wink I think the only people who care about this anyway are the way to the right wing government conspiracy theorist who have survival bunkers, I don't even think the drug cartels or other criminals even care because they can buy or steal what ever gun they want too.

|

Ed Johnson

8/1/2018 7:16 AM

Looks more dangerous for the person pulling the trigger

|

8/1/2018 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2018 6:09 PM

newmann wrote:

Who really wants a POS plastic gun in the first place?

But that's not really what this is all about. Entertaining to see what gets squashed and what continues to run rampant. I'm not talking about here on Vital either.

????

Is that you Q?

|

8/1/2018 8:15 AM

Gotta keep the brainwashed twats happy somehow. I don't see the need for a plastic gun myself

|

8/1/2018 8:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2018 8:23 AM

What's next, making it illegal to make a knife?!

|

8/1/2018 8:40 AM

I am worried these plastic guns will end up in the ocean...

|

8/1/2018 10:09 AM

Tired of hearing about it. If someone wants to 3d print a gun and have that explode right next to their face then so be it. Cant outlaw suicide or stop darwinism.

|

8/1/2018 12:04 PM

I want to 3D print nail guns.

|

8/1/2018 1:19 PM

the argument isn't for their effectiveness or consistency in operation. There are gun laws that exist so responsible gun owners remain in the majority.

simply downloading their software and making your own weapon, thats untraceable, not registered, and not detectable by traditional metal detectors is kind of scary...but it seems i'm the only one that feels that way in here lol.

|

8/1/2018 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2018 3:30 PM

There's plenty of other ways to fabricate your own untraceable firearms legally and the technology has existed for many years. Some on here have done it.

As for a firearm "not being detectable by traditional metal detectors" .
What type of ammo are they going to use that isn't detectable?

|

8/1/2018 3:09 PM

MelonFan123 wrote:

the argument isn't for their effectiveness or consistency in operation. There are gun laws that exist so responsible gun owners remain in the majority.

simply downloading their software and making your own weapon, thats untraceable, not registered, and not detectable by traditional metal detectors is kind of scary...but it seems i'm the only one that feels that way in here lol.

Because you're ignorant to the facts about this.

|

8/1/2018 3:32 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is about. All they have to do is print up a bunch of signs that read, "3D printed gun-free zone," and all will be OK.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/1/2018 4:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2018 4:42 PM

This would worry me as much as a First Amendment issue as anything. The gov trying to block/ban/control the distribution and content of information available to citizens.

|

8/1/2018 7:36 PM

MelonFan123 wrote:

Nobody is downloading software, buying a cheap printer, and printing a usable gun any time soon. Achieving the tolerances and strength necessary to have an effective gun are beyond the scope of any hobby printer I know of.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/2/2018 8:02 AM

Photo
|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

8/4/2018 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 7:47 AM

Forget plastic guns, I want a drone with hellfire missiles and a 50 caliber on it to protect myself and property. The 2nd Ammendment gives me that privilege, right?

|