28 years ago today

indy_maico
Stevie Ray Vaughn went down in a helicopter crash in Alpine Valley, Wisconsin. He played 2 nights there, and I was fortunate enough to see him at what turned out to be his 2nd to the last show ever.

The day after he died, I saw Bob Dylan in Merrillville, Indiana. Bob said 'everyone knows what happened last night. Well, Stevie, this is for you.' And then he proceeded to sing 'Moon River' in the way that only Bob Dylan can. It was the most surreal experience I ever had at a rock & roll show. Not sure the significance, but it was something I'll never forget!

RIP SRV

https://youtu.be/i6G53BMgugo
|
ATKpilot99
8/27/2018 5:44am
I saw him back in 83 at Chicagofest. It was just him a bass player and drummer , Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble. Great show ... Mostly jams and Hendrix covers , definitely one of the greatest guitarists I've seen.
Stuntman949
8/27/2018 8:12am
I wasn't born until the following year, but "Pride and Joy" will forever be my Karaoke song of choice. RIP SRV
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
8/27/2018 1:57pm
I love Stevie man, I always felt a connection with him that’s different than with other artists. He died about 5 months after I was born. I’m a pretty seasoned guitar player and I always give him credit for teaching me what tone was. I wasn’t searching for that fat spanky tube-tone until I heard the first few seconds of Texas Flood

I have a framed poster of him on my wall. This year I temporarily moved from my apartment to stay with a friend until our house was built. When the movers came, I told them Everything in my room goes to storage, but Stevie stays-he’s coming with me Grinning
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
8/27/2018 2:16pm
saw him twice..once with blackfoot and the other.aaaaaa..cant remember

Post a reply to: 28 years ago today

The Latest