24 hours of Daytona

Hudweiser9
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2018 7:56pm
Great race so far in all of the classes. Not to many yellow flags so far. Weather holding up pretty good, a little rain. The Penske Acura and Cadillac teams battling is great to watch. Any other IMSA sports car fans on here? Hillbilly, where are you?
|
jamma10
1/28/2018 4:49am
My brother in law is Richard Westbrook, currently leading GTLM in the 67 Ford GT.
blusmbl
1/28/2018 8:12am
jamma10 wrote:
My brother in law is Richard Westbrook, currently leading GTLM in the 67 Ford GT.
Awesome!! All of the GT's are running Dan Gurney memorial stickers from what I saw on Instagram. The #66 and #67 car are the class of the GTLM field right now, hope it doesn't lead to a BOP adjustment before Sebring.

I've gotten to see the #68 Le Mans winning GT (run as #66 in IMSA) up close before, and my girlfriend was lucky enough to witness the 2016 Le Mans win in person.
hillbilly
1/28/2018 8:26am
jamma10 wrote:
As long as a Ford wins

They are crushing the distance record which goes back to 82 and john Paul Jr in that 935.

Read a story about that car and JP Jr and dad. They were smuggling green from south of the USA to fund racing. Sounded like a hell of a good time.

The Shop

Asimo
1/28/2018 9:20am
Watch the 24 Hours of LeMans documentaries done by Audi. They are on youtube.
jamma10
1/28/2018 9:31am
It's going to be a nail biting finish UnsureSmile
blusmbl
1/28/2018 10:12am
67 back in the lead!!! 1:30 to go. They swapped positions during the last driver change and it looks like the 67 is just pulling away ever so slowly.
Uncle Tony
1/28/2018 10:51am
jamma10 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
As long as a Ford wins They are crushing the distance record which goes back to 82 and john Paul Jr in that 935. Read a...
As long as a Ford wins

They are crushing the distance record which goes back to 82 and john Paul Jr in that 935.

Read a story about that car and JP Jr and dad. They were smuggling green from south of the USA to fund racing. Sounded like a hell of a good time.
Think it was more than green
hillbilly
1/28/2018 11:32am
jamma10 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
As long as a Ford wins They are crushing the distance record which goes back to 82 and john Paul Jr in that 935. Read a...
As long as a Ford wins

Uncle Tony wrote:
Think it was more than green
Yeah .they may have must said smuggling in the story.

They have gone to commercial fest at the end here. Jez.
Uncle Tony
1/28/2018 11:43am
jamma10 wrote:
Good job!!!!
Uncle Tony
1/28/2018 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2018 12:01pm
Top bloke your brother in law
jamma10
1/28/2018 12:02pm
Get the fuck in! Woohoo

About time the cards fell their way for a change.
Uncle Tony
1/28/2018 12:04pm
hillbilly wrote:
Yeah .they may have must said smuggling in the story.

They have gone to commercial fest at the end here. Jez.
If I remember correctly the dad was involved in a shoot out with the feds
blusmbl
1/28/2018 2:56pm
That was an impressive ass whooping the GT's put on the GTLM field. Hope they can keep the momentum up for the next couple races.
SEEMEFIRST
1/28/2018 3:19pm
Looks like Audi got "BoPPED".
Seems like IMSA is as complicit as the Audi team is to me given what I know.

IMSA had plenty of time to judge fuel delivery times, but didn't, and threw the "nuclear flag".

Bad thing is, the penalty is 5 minutes no matter what. Audi wasn't sandbagging, they used IMSA mandated fuel restrictors and hose length.

Apparently IMSA thought Audi was timing fuel delivery during tests.

I don't know what to think.
anniebertmojo
1/29/2018 11:40am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Looks like Audi got "BoPPED". Seems like IMSA is as complicit as the Audi team is to me given what I know. IMSA had plenty of...

IMSA had plenty of time to judge fuel delivery times, but didn't, and threw the "nuclear flag".

Bad thing is, the penalty is 5 minutes no matter what. Audi wasn't sandbagging, they used IMSA mandated fuel restrictors and hose length.

actually IMSA mandated a new restricter in the refueling rig after the Roar test I believe. IMSA is also running a lot of their own data on the car along with they have access to the teams data along with the manufactures data.

I was there (BOD December test, ROAR test and the Rolex 24) since I represent a drive line component manufacture. (our hardware are on 80% of the field). Next is the February Sebring test then the 12 Hours of Sebring in March. Big brother is watching a lot now and all the manufactures are working with IMSA to try (key word lol) to play fair.
blusmbl
1/29/2018 1:12pm
I thought I'd heard for the Audi team that got the 5 minute penalty that the fuel hose had been shortened after the restrictor had been sized, and it hadn't been retested by IMSA. I also thought IMSA had calculated the fueling time advantage the Audi team received over the course of the race and that's where the 5 minute penalty came from, so it was an attempt to correct their error. Bum situation but it seems they attempted to make it fair.
hillbilly
1/30/2018 4:52am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Looks like Audi got "BoPPED". Seems like IMSA is as complicit as the Audi team is to me given what I know. IMSA had plenty of...

actually IMSA mandated a new restricter in the refueling rig after the Roar test I believe. IMSA is also running a lot of their own data...
actually IMSA mandated a new restricter in the refueling rig after the Roar test I believe. IMSA is also running a lot of their own data on the car along with they have access to the teams data along with the manufactures data.

I was there (BOD December test, ROAR test and the Rolex 24) since I represent a drive line component manufacture. (our hardware are on 80% of the field). Next is the February Sebring test then the 12 Hours of Sebring in March. Big brother is watching a lot now and all the manufactures are working with IMSA to try (key word lol) to play fair.
Tell me about the shutdown test where it sounds like they cover the air intake and the engine must die.

The winning gtd lambo did not and started last. Were they leaking air?

Stuff like this interest s me.
anniebertmojo
1/30/2018 12:19pm
hillbilly wrote:
Tell me about the shutdown test where it sounds like they cover the air intake and the engine must die. The winning gtd lambo did not...
Tell me about the shutdown test where it sounds like they cover the air intake and the engine must die.

Good question... when tech checked this it's supposed to shut the engine down. What the team did to keep it running being intentional or not, I have no idea tbh.

IMSA is pretty sharp now and they are monitoring everything. Even having a pit space on pit lane where IMSA officials are only allowed in. What they are looking at I have no idea.
hillbilly
1/30/2018 12:56pm
Thanks

I figure the Ford's are gonna get hit because of walking away from the yellow cars so eah.

Ever time Ford builds something killer it gets scrubbed.

I saw gas Rhonda mustang sold which had the 427 sohc engine still in it. Now this year the nhra is letting pro stock run any manufacturer engine in any car make. So.a Chevy show . ah.the good old days.
anniebertmojo
2/1/2018 5:52pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:

actually IMSA mandated a new restricter in the refueling rig after the Roar test I believe. IMSA is also running a lot of their own data...

hillbilly wrote:
Tell me about the shutdown test where it sounds like they cover the air intake and the engine must die. The winning gtd lambo did not...

hillbilly
2/1/2018 7:20pm
Wow. They got screwed for being legal but good.

Post a reply to: 24 hours of Daytona

The Latest