'21/22 NBA Season

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2021 1:04 PM

The season is under a month away, it goes quick!

Can the Bucks repeat? The Lakers are ancient! The Warriors will have Klay back by Christmas.

Whats up with PHX Gary? Does it still sting? lol

Here is some good content:

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

9/9/2021 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2021 1:04 PM

Another one: (Wilt is a MONSTER!)

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/9/2021 1:20 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Chamberlain is obviously the greatest player in history. He is so good that people have to invent reasons to discount his performances. His stats are like video game numbers, so folks today just can't wrap their heads around what he was able to do. Here is his stat line from a game, reconstructed from game video. This was before they kept stats for blocks and steals, but again it was reconstructed from the video record.

And this was back when the talent was compacted into only 12 teams, not diluted out to 30 like today.

Think about that for a bit.

Assuming each team has 12 players, only the top 144 players had a roster spot back in 68 compared to 360 today. That would effectively mean that players 145-360 would not be good enough to even play in the NBA today if there were only 12 teams. Nearly like having to play against an All-Star team every night back then!

Photo

|

9/9/2021 4:37 PM

Will the warriors finish above .500grin

|

9/14/2021 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2021 12:46 PM

Damn Gary, I tried watching The Jump today on ESPN and without Rachel it is unbearable! Richard Jefferson is now the host and Perkins plays a bigger role, its fucking painful man.

Pre Season starts in 20 days.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/14/2021 10:26 PM

I think RJ is doing a good job!

I don't think Racheal should have lost her spot for what she said, but RJ and Perk are a good combo.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/15/2021 10:40 AM

sounds like the Rockets are moving on from John Wall to instead focus on their young core. I like this move, and I'm not really sure why they brought John Wall into this situation last year even.. Now they just need to find a team that wants to pay him 90+ million dollars for two years...

|

9/15/2021 11:42 AM

Fox88 wrote:

sounds like the Rockets are moving on from John Wall to instead focus on their young core. I like this move, and I'm not ...more

Tough finding a team to take in that contract, I dont see that working out.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/23/2021 10:36 AM

Andrew Wiggins has seriously lost his mind. In order to play home games all players have to be vaxxed, well he has been anti-vax since day one. So get this, he will lose $360,000 every game he doesnt play. Away games he is ok but in order to play at Chase Center he has to be vaxxed and says he will only do it if pressured into it. $360k isnt enough pressure? Fans are calling for his head on a stake.

If his misses games Warriors are fucked.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/23/2021 10:59 AM

Utah is killing it in the offseason trying to plug the holes we had in the playoffs

|

9/23/2021 11:44 AM

peelout wrote:

Utah is killing it in the offseason trying to plug the holes we had in the playoffs

Who have they added?

GSW has a long ways to go, Klay wont be back until Christmas day, we did get a couple serviceable guys to help the bench, hell anyone is better than that Wannamaker dude! Be lucky to get a 48 win season.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/23/2021 3:55 PM

Wolves fired their GM yesterday for having a relationship with a fellow Wolves employee. Normal Minnesota sports fan stuff there.

|

9/23/2021 7:27 PM

More on Wiggins:

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/24/2021 5:15 AM

ocscottie wrote:

More on Wiggins:

Word is that Kyrie is also not going to be vaccinated and won’t be allowed to play in Brooklyn home games…..

|

9/24/2021 8:06 AM

I’d guess Wiggins just gets the shot (in the face of being an asset) and Kyrie gets a religious exemption.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/24/2021 9:34 AM

peelout wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

Who have they added?

GSW has a long ways to go, Klay wont be back until Christmas day, we did get a couple serviceable guys ...more

Rudy Gay and Hassan Whiteside are the big additions

|

9/24/2021 10:49 AM

ocscottie wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Chamberlain is obviously the greatest player in history. He is so good that people have to invent reasons to discount his ...more

Wilt is dismissed largely because he was a man playing with boys….he was so far ahead of his time physically it wasn’t even fair. He was like the 8th grader on the basketball team that shaves every other day, squats 350 lbs benches 200 lbs playing against other 8th graders who haven’t even started to hit puberty yet….

Wilt in today’s league is a Shaq. Dominate…But his numbers would look nothing like they did in the 60’s.

Lebron or Jordan in the 60’s….their numbers get WAY BETTER. I think that’s why Wilt isn’t mentioned in the GOAT discussions….

|

9/25/2021 11:14 AM

Sports Illustrated Top Players of 2021, do you agree with this list?

Photo

Think I would move Kawhi up to 6th

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/27/2021 11:20 AM

preseason starts in 7days! w00t

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/27/2021 12:24 PM

What’s the best way to watch ( international viewer) NBA?

|

9/27/2021 12:28 PM

D_L118 wrote:

What’s the best way to watch ( international viewer) NBA?

I would guess using a streaming site. My go to place is http://markkystreams.com/video-category/nba-streams/ The only thing is the times listed on the site are never correct.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/28/2021 5:58 PM

ocscottie wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Chamberlain is obviously the greatest player in history. He is so good that people have to invent reasons to discount his ...more

Titan1 wrote:

Wilt is dismissed largely because he was a man playing with boys….he was so far ahead of his time physically it wasn’t even ...more

Wilt would still be a man playing with boys. He was stronger and faster than Shaq, and he played in an era where they didn’t call fouls for ticky tacky stuff that they have the last couple of decades. He played in an era where the talent wasn’t watered down with so many teams. He played in an era without the 3 pointer, so the floor wasn’t as spread and it was easier to double and triple team the low post because of that.

People don’t give Wilt the proper credit because he was so dominant that his stats look cartoonish and they assume that he couldn’t have been for real. But he was, and he was truly that much better than any other player that’s played the game.

|

9/28/2021 7:54 PM

Interestingly this vid popped in my feed and compares some Wilt to Shaq stuff.

Points out some differences in play style that are worth considering when saying who is more dominant.

|

Cheers, Crush

9/28/2021 8:46 PM

Also, this guy is making some great NBA videos also, well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhN8QINb_UXV5DrHjCTqyg

|

Cheers, Crush

9/28/2021 9:31 PM

Yeah Crush, Clayton does great work.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/29/2021 12:43 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Yeah Crush, Clayton does great work.

Pretty entertaining content. Lot of work in there too.

I watch a few youtubers who are just in to stuff hardcore, I don't know if they still make money like they used to but it must still be worth it.

|

Cheers, Crush

9/29/2021 10:51 AM

Yeah all depending on how many views they get, here is a baseline for someone with 100k subs:

Money YouTubers make with 100K Subscribers
When you make money on YouTube, it’s calculated based on views rather than subscribers. However, the more subscribers you have, the more views each of your videos will likely get. So the average YouTuber with 100k subscribers can make $12,000 or more per sponsored video. Factors like engagement, type of content, and other revenue streams may also impact your income.

Guys will over 1million subs are raking in money hand over fist. I've watched a lot of breakdown vids what some of my fav creators make and it is astonishing.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/29/2021 12:17 PM

HBO Hard Knocks NBA edition coming this November, probably featuring the Lakers.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/29/2021 7:28 PM

Fark so they're still doing well but you got a long slog to get there I guess.

I do a bit of video for work as a bit of a resource gap fix, and it's a lot of work. I think it'd be even more so for home stuff having to do everything – I'm just shooting and editing. No writing/scripting etc.

|

Cheers, Crush

9/30/2021 11:03 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Wilt is dismissed largely because he was a man playing with boys….he was so far ahead of his time physically it wasn’t even ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

Wilt would still be a man playing with boys. He was stronger and faster than Shaq, and he played in an era where they didn’t ...more

He didn’t play in an era when the talent wasn’t watered down with so many teams…he played in an era when there wasn’t just wasn’t as much talent. Look at the guys he played against…compare them to the guys in the league now…no way his numbers are the same today as they were then.

That’s why I contend that he wasn’t much better than anyone else who has played the game, he’s not even the best to play the game…he was just way way way better than the guys he played against, it skew’s the perspective.

|