2022 F1 World Championship

Zycki11
3/26/2022 1:47pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Max mentally defeated Hamilton it seems like. Russel is used to doing more with less. Lewis has had the best car for years and as soon...
Max mentally defeated Hamilton it seems like. Russel is used to doing more with less. Lewis has had the best car for years and as soon as real adversity hits him he has crumbled. Mercedes is really on the back foot.
MO 23 wrote:
Jesus you are extrapolating a lot from one single poor quali result. Just last weekend he drove a very solid race. And whilst you said he...
Jesus you are extrapolating a lot from one single poor quali result.
Just last weekend he drove a very solid race.
And whilst you said he has had the best car for years, I would argue that last year the Red Bull was better, yet he was just a few laps from being world champion, in 2018 I would argue the Ferrari was at least equal to the Mercedes, and yet he won pretty handily. In 2008 when he won his first championship, the Ferrari was definitely on a similar level.

People have short memories (or have only been fans since Drive to survive) he generally didn’t have the best car when he was at McLaren, and then again at merc before the Hybrid era, yet drove incredibly)

His junior career was truly remarkable, he came into f1 and was team mates with the best guy at the time and went toe to toe with him.
Imagine a rookie coming straight into RB and giving Verstappen all he could handle?

I get it some people don’t like Lewis, I also think he is a bit of a flog, but if anyone doesn’t respect him as truly one of the greats of the sport….I am sorry, but they don’t understand the sport.

Sounds like you extrapolated a ton from my simple remark. Lewis is a great no doubt. Clearly he isn’t trusting the car or himself right now. The reason I made that remark is because when you battle tooth and nail and you come up short. It takes a massive toll on you. Max was constantly putting pressure and aggression on him. I’m not saying Lewis is done. Simply defeated at this moment in my opinion.
MO 23
3/26/2022 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2022 2:49pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Max mentally defeated Hamilton it seems like. Russel is used to doing more with less. Lewis has had the best car for years and as soon...
Max mentally defeated Hamilton it seems like. Russel is used to doing more with less. Lewis has had the best car for years and as soon as real adversity hits him he has crumbled. Mercedes is really on the back foot.
MO 23 wrote:
Jesus you are extrapolating a lot from one single poor quali result. Just last weekend he drove a very solid race. And whilst you said he...
Jesus you are extrapolating a lot from one single poor quali result.
Just last weekend he drove a very solid race.
And whilst you said he has had the best car for years, I would argue that last year the Red Bull was better, yet he was just a few laps from being world champion, in 2018 I would argue the Ferrari was at least equal to the Mercedes, and yet he won pretty handily. In 2008 when he won his first championship, the Ferrari was definitely on a similar level.

People have short memories (or have only been fans since Drive to survive) he generally didn’t have the best car when he was at McLaren, and then again at merc before the Hybrid era, yet drove incredibly)

His junior career was truly remarkable, he came into f1 and was team mates with the best guy at the time and went toe to toe with him.
Imagine a rookie coming straight into RB and giving Verstappen all he could handle?

I get it some people don’t like Lewis, I also think he is a bit of a flog, but if anyone doesn’t respect him as truly one of the greats of the sport….I am sorry, but they don’t understand the sport.

Zycki11 wrote:
Sounds like you extrapolated a ton from my simple remark. Lewis is a great no doubt. Clearly he isn’t trusting the car or himself right now...
Sounds like you extrapolated a ton from my simple remark. Lewis is a great no doubt. Clearly he isn’t trusting the car or himself right now. The reason I made that remark is because when you battle tooth and nail and you come up short. It takes a massive toll on you. Max was constantly putting pressure and aggression on him. I’m not saying Lewis is done. Simply defeated at this moment in my opinion.
He lost the 2008 championship by a single point, he lost the 2016 championship because of reliability issues. So when you say “as soon as real adversity hit him, he crumbled” I dare say he has had his share of adversity.
I don’t think he is mentally broken. I would say the reason for the poor result in this session was more benign, perhaps he couldn’t get the tyres is the right operating window, something like that.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/26/2022 1:57pm
More drama ....

Saudi marshal removed after sickening Hamilton post

Date published: March 26 2022 - Jamie Woodhouse

A marshal supposed to be on duty for the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix this weekend has been removed from his post after a sick social post about Lewis Hamilton.

Formula 1’s second visit to Saudi Arabia has been quite the chaotic event so far off-track, with a four hour-plus meeting required on Friday night into Saturday morning to convince the drivers to race on.

That came after a missile strike on a nearby oil refinery, which left smoke visible in the sky from the circuit, while the flames then provided an unwelcome light in the sky as night fell.

Fire is an alarming sight at any time when it relates to Formula 1, with memories of Romain Grosjean’s horror fireball crash at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix still vivid, a scene which to the relief of everyone, he escaped.

So, it was truly disturbing that a marshal at the 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix decided to use this awful event as a way of wishing great harm upon Hamilton.

Posting on Twitter as @Heem4U, he replied, in Arabic, to an image of Hamilton with: “I hope he has an accident like Roman (sic) accident in Bahrain.”

SunSport say they made the FIA and the event organisers aware of the incident, after which it was confirmed that this marshal “has been removed from his post”.

In a further post on Twitter, this marshal confirmed that he was no longer involved in the event and apologised to Hamilton.

“I offer my apologies to the Saudi Motorsports and Motorcycle Federation,” the marshal wrote in Arabic.

“And for driver Lewis Hamilton.

“On my previous tweet, I announced (sic) my withdrawal from the race.”

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/26/2022 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2022 2:50pm
Boomslang wrote:
More drama .... Saudi marshal removed after sickening Hamilton post Date published: March 26 2022 - Jamie Woodhouse A marshal supposed to be on duty for the Saudi Arabian...
More drama ....

A marshal supposed to be on duty for the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix this weekend has been removed from his post after a sick social post about Lewis Hamilton.

Formula 1’s second visit to Saudi Arabia has been quite the chaotic event so far off-track, with a four hour-plus meeting required on Friday night into Saturday morning to convince the drivers to race on.

That came after a missile strike on a nearby oil refinery, which left smoke visible in the sky from the circuit, while the flames then provided an unwelcome light in the sky as night fell.

Fire is an alarming sight at any time when it relates to Formula 1, with memories of Romain Grosjean’s horror fireball crash at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix still vivid, a scene which to the relief of everyone, he escaped.

So, it was truly disturbing that a marshal at the 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix decided to use this awful event as a way of wishing great harm upon Hamilton.

Posting on Twitter as @Heem4U, he replied, in Arabic, to an image of Hamilton with: “I hope he has an accident like Roman (sic) accident in Bahrain.”

SunSport say they made the FIA and the event organisers aware of the incident, after which it was confirmed that this marshal “has been removed from his post”.

In a further post on Twitter, this marshal confirmed that he was no longer involved in the event and apologised to Hamilton.

“I offer my apologies to the Saudi Motorsports and Motorcycle Federation,” the marshal wrote in Arabic.

I saw that, what a piece of dirt, they need to kick his ass also. Angry How the hell does someone like that even get to marshal a race.
Zycki11
3/26/2022 2:55pm
Boomslang wrote:
More drama .... Saudi marshal removed after sickening Hamilton post Date published: March 26 2022 - Jamie Woodhouse A marshal supposed to be on duty for the Saudi Arabian...
More drama ....

lostboy819 wrote:
I saw that, what a piece of dirt, they need to kick his ass also. :angry: How the hell does someone like that even get to...
I saw that, what a piece of dirt, they need to kick his ass also. Angry How the hell does someone like that even get to marshal a race.
Yeah that’s pretty wild
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
3/26/2022 3:50pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I saw that, what a piece of dirt, they need to kick his ass also. :angry: How the hell does someone like that even get to...
Something bad will likely happen to him...he's embarrassed the kingdom in front of the entire world...that's not something you really want to do
Stephon
3/26/2022 4:04pm
Boomslang wrote:
More drama ....

lostboy819 wrote:
People like that aren't hard to find, so yeah, they will sometimes marshal races and have other positions of authority. It's unfortunate, but very real.
3/26/2022 10:31pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I add 2 hours to everything Cool
Even 2hr might not have been enough today.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/27/2022 7:35am
-Ricciardo received a 3 place grid penalty for impeding Ocon during qualifying. He also received 1 penalty point and McLaren has been fined €10,000.

-Since Schumacher isn't starting the race, everyone behind him will move up a spot on the grid.
Joey_Bridges
3/27/2022 8:14am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
-Ricciardo received a 3 place grid penalty for impeding Ocon during qualifying. He also received 1 penalty point and McLaren has been fined €10,000. -Since Schumacher...
-Ricciardo received a 3 place grid penalty for impeding Ocon during qualifying. He also received 1 penalty point and McLaren has been fined €10,000.

-Since Schumacher isn't starting the race, everyone behind him will move up a spot on the grid.
He, and anyone else on that entire section of track, are pretty much screwed.
Fast as hell through there, no place really to go offline, and the turns are coming so fast in succession for guys on a hot lap that basically you're going to be crossing over from one side to the other if you want to stay out of the way.

Cool track layout for a dedicated curcuit with no concrete walls blocking the view.
Or in Mick Schumacher's case....
Bad layout for a street curcuit.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 9:51am
This Saudi Arabia track is really impressive. The lights on the ocean looks awesome and the track is fast and unforgiving. Expecting a few red flags this evening.

Viva la Ferrari.

Toto Wolf interview on the grid...when asked about Hamilton he replied that all is good. Poor quali was a result of a setup experiment gone wrong. We shall see.....i expect Hamilton to be top 5 at the finish.
3/27/2022 10:05am
11 years ago today, Perez first F1 race. In car 11 he get to start on his first pole. Has anyone ever got their first pole start after 11 years or more years?
3/27/2022 10:14am
Ocon is playing with fire.
Is he ever. Wouldn’t be the first time he did that and it ended badly.

I was shocked how bad Hamiltons car was yesterday. If he can’t drive it it’s bad.
Joey_Bridges
3/27/2022 10:15am
Wow. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/27/540677/s1200_3DFDD337_D0D3_4DA8_83DA_7B4B95E7B01D.jpg[/img]
Wow.
Dude, I don't play the down vote game.
But if I did....
😉
Holy shit, and I thought RC's jacket last night was bilious.
3/27/2022 10:29am
Wow. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/27/540677/s1200_3DFDD337_D0D3_4DA8_83DA_7B4B95E7B01D.jpg[/img]
Wow.
Dude, I don't play the down vote game.
But if I did....
😉
Holy shit, and I thought RC's jacket last night was bilious.
I hear ya. Not my kinda fashion. lol. But, hey. Different strokes for different folks
ocscottie
3/27/2022 10:49am
If Toto orders George to let Ham through im gonna be PISSED Dry
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 10:51am
Wow.
Fuck me....is that what some call Fashion?
Nighttrain
3/27/2022 11:09am
What the heck is going on? Alonso and Ricciardo motors just died?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 11:11am
Wow.
Boomslang wrote:
Fuck me....is that what some call Fashion?
Apparently? 🤮🤮
I'll never understand it....wonder what he paid for that table cloth...probably more than the cost of a new 450.

Post a reply to: 2022 F1 World Championship

The Latest