2022 F1 World Championship

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2022 4:40am
-Yuki Tsunoda signed a contract extension with Alpha Tauri for next year.

-Monaco signed a 3 year contract with F1.

2023 F1 SCHEDULE

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/23/2022 8:25pm
Nicholas Latifi got his walking papers from Williams today,
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/28/2022 8:13am
-Zhou Guanyu signed a contract extension with Alfa Romeo for 2023.

-F1 confirmed there's going to be 6 sprint races next year.

-McLaren will have a special livery for Singapore and Japan.

9/29/2022 2:36pm
lostboy819 wrote:
What’s Bernd Maylander going to do now? SillySilly

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/30/2022 11:23am
lostboy819 wrote:
1911 wrote:
What’s Bernd Maylander going to do now? SillySilly
Never fear Lance Stroll is still out there so is Tsunoda so he will stay busy .Wink
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/30/2022 8:25pm
MO 23 wrote:
Sounds like Red Bull and Aston Martin went over the salary cap last year, supposedly to the tune of ~$7m in RB’s case https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-three-year-fear-amid-red-bull-f1-cost-cap-row/ https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-bull-adamant-its-f1-cost-cap-submission-was-below-limit/10376781/ Massive...
Sounds like Red Bull and Aston Martin went over the salary cap last year, supposedly to the tune of ~$7m in RB’s case

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-three-year-fear-amid-red-bull-f…

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-bull-adamant-its-f1-cost-cap-subm…

Massive news if it is in fact found to be correct
I'm curious to see if and how much but because its Toto crying about it I take it with a grain of salt because he whines and cry's about everything buts its F1 and bending the rules is a normal deal so I would bet Toto and Mercedes are just as guilty as all the other teams. If they did go over I wonder what the penalty would be other than a slap on the wrist. I do think they need to make a provision for teams that smash up a car that was caused by another team and no fault of the victim because a crash isn't cheap in F1 Pinch
LoudLove
10/1/2022 4:54am
MO 23 wrote:
Sounds like Red Bull and Aston Martin went over the salary cap last year, supposedly to the tune of ~$7m in RB’s case https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes-three-year-fear-amid-red-bull-f1-cost-cap-row/ https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-bull-adamant-its-f1-cost-cap-submission-was-below-limit/10376781/ Massive...
Sounds like Red Bull and Aston Martin went over the salary cap last year, supposedly to the tune of ~$7m in RB’s case

lostboy819 wrote:
I'm curious to see if and how much but because its Toto crying about it I take it with a grain of salt because he whines...
I'm curious to see if and how much but because its Toto crying about it I take it with a grain of salt because he whines and cry's about everything buts its F1 and bending the rules is a normal deal so I would bet Toto and Mercedes are just as guilty as all the other teams. If they did go over I wonder what the penalty would be other than a slap on the wrist. I do think they need to make a provision for teams that smash up a car that was caused by another team and no fault of the victim because a crash isn't cheap in F1 Pinch
That’s not a bad idea. We don’t want to penalize racers/teams “going for it”, but creating a slush fund for the victims of an aggressive maneuver seems logical.
MO 23
10/1/2022 5:08am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2022 5:44am
MO 23 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
I'm curious to see if and how much but because its Toto crying about it I take it with a grain of salt because he whines...
It is not just Toto complaining. Ferrari are whining. Capito said to media that cheating on the cap is just as bad as cheating on the track, Apline have complained.
I listened to a podcast by the guys at The-Race, it sounds like all of the teams are pretty pissed.
Toto made a good point. Mercedes made 40 staff redundant to get their budget under the cap.
The rumored 7m breach would have kept them all employed.

If they are found guilty, it has to be more than a slap on the wrist, or else the whole budget cap principle is a farce.
I am certainly not saying they should take verstappens championship or anything like that. But if they did breach. I would expect a combination of a fine, restricted wind tunnel time, and maybe some constructors points stripped.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/1/2022 7:06am
That was odd. Max was on a pole position flying lap and he decided to abort it, goes for another flying lap and told to pit.

Starting 8th with Leclerc on pole.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/1/2022 7:31am
Hamilton was wearing his nose piercing in qualifying. Stewards are going to look at that.
10/1/2022 7:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hamilton was wearing his nose piercing in qualifying. Stewards are going to look at that.
you know what that means ? no penalty nothing ..
10/1/2022 7:46am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That was odd. Max was on a pole position flying lap and he decided to abort it, goes for another flying lap and told to pit...
That was odd. Max was on a pole position flying lap and he decided to abort it, goes for another flying lap and told to pit.

Starting 8th with Leclerc on pole.
RB messed up this time , he was too low on fuel on that last lap
so with the outlap there was a very big possibilty he was too low on fuel according regulations .. so they had to abort despite Max was 0,9 sec faster at his last lap attempt .. Max pissed , as who would not be at that moment
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/1/2022 8:41am
Mugeneco wrote:
RB messed up this time , he was too low on fuel on that last lap so with the outlap there was a very big possibilty...
RB messed up this time , he was too low on fuel on that last lap
so with the outlap there was a very big possibilty he was too low on fuel according regulations .. so they had to abort despite Max was 0,9 sec faster at his last lap attempt .. Max pissed , as who would not be at that moment
That explains it. I'd be pissed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/1/2022 8:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He was asked about it after qualifying. He said that he's wearing it because it got infected, went to the clinic and that's the way to heal it.

Asked if he's concerned about the stewards. Replied with "it's a health issue, so I don't know".
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/2/2022 7:56am
I saw the start of the race where Max lost some spots and was down to 12th, come back with 20 minutes left and he's still in 12th.

Did he not make up any spots or did he and something happened that resulted in him going back down the grid?
Nighttrain
10/2/2022 8:19am
Max was moving up for a podium finish until he had to lock his wheels coming into a turn. Had to pit to replace tyres and fell back to 12th(?). Max then charged back to 7th for some points. That was a good race.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/2/2022 2:54pm
Most F1 wins by age 25:

🥇 Verstappen (31)
🥈 Vettel (22)
🥉 Alonso (14)

Most F1 podiums by age 25:

🥇 Verstappen (75)
🥈 Vettel (38)
🥉 Alonso (33)
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/5/2022 3:25pm
They delayed the release of the cost cap findings until Monday, they must not want to cause a big commotion for this weekends race so I bet it will be interesting to say the least.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/10/05/fia-delays-f1-cost-cap-findings…

The results of all ten team’s financial audits related to 2021 expenditure were expected today, but will instead be released on Monday after the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka this weeeknd.

The FIA released the following statement on their website:
“The FIA informs that the conclusion of the analysis of the 2021 financial submissions of the Formula 1 teams and the subsequent release of Certificates of Compliance to the Financial Regulations will not take place on Wednesday, 5 October.

“The analysis of financial submissions is a long and complex process that is ongoing and will be concluded to enable the release of the Certificates on Monday, 10 October.

The Financial Regulations were agreed unanimously by all Competitors, who have worked positively and collaboratively with the FIA Cost Cap Administration throughout this first year under the Financial Regulations.

“As previously communicated, there has been significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter, and the FIA reiterates that until it is finalised, no further information will be provided.

“The FIA also reiterates that any suggestion that FIA personnel have disclosed sensitive information is equally baseless,” concluded the statement.

No doubt that final sentence to calm the stormy seas of outrageous speculation that has engulfed the F1 paddock since word leaked from the FIA that there were irregularities found.

Horner versus Wolff sparring again with allegations and counter-allegations over F1 cost cap
Wolff: Horner F1 cost cap
Ahead, of today’s expected, announcement a war of words broke out between Red Bull boss Christian Horner and his Mercedes counterpart Toto Wolff. The latter claimed knowledge of F1 cost cap breaches by their rivals.

Horner, in turn, questioned how this information managed to get to Wolff before the compliance certificates were released, who said it was “an open secret” that Red Bull has overspent, prompting Red Bull to threaten legal action at what he termed “defamatory” remarks, suggesting a leak in the FIA’s audit process.

Ferrari have weighed in on the F1 cost cap saga, the Italian team – also big spenders at times – watching with interest at what is a critical test for the budget control rules which many believe are unenforceable.

The Scuderia’s racing director Laurent Mekies warned: “Pretty much one of the main reason why we are we are banging about transparency and severity because if it turns out to be something that a team can bet on in order to gain a competitive advantage then the whole system collapses.

“This is why especially in the framework of the very first instance of the budget cap being challenged, you need that amount of severity,” explained Mekies, in other words, if this first audit fails to convince the F1 world that a F1 cost cap can be policed effectively, then the entire (well-intended) concept has failed.
10/5/2022 5:08pm
Excited for Suzuka, favorite track on the Calendar. Hope it doesn’t rain.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/6/2022 7:01pm
If Verstappen ends the race with a 112 point lead or more, it'll be enough for him to be crowned the 2023 F1 Champion.

Even if Leclerc finishes 2nd this weekend and then went on to win all the remaining races, grab the fastest lap at each race, win the sprint race in Brazil, he could only tie Verstappen in points, and Verstappen would win the championship as the tie breaker is most wins in the season.

Championship points scenarios for Max to win the championship this weekend.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/6/2022 9:56pm
Its sounds like Ferrari is going to drop Mick from their driver Academy, may be the end of his F1 career.

Post a reply to: 2022 F1 World Championship

The Latest