2022 F1 World Championship

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/5/2022 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 2:48pm
They can work a deal to buy out his contract and they will more than likely make a deal for a lot less money. If he does not work a deal with Mclaren then he cant get another race seat in F1 until 2024 so its in his best interest to get a settlement from Mclaren then he could end up back at Alpine/ Renault. Now he must know how Sainz felt when Ricciardo took his seat at Renault, what comes around goes around and Ricciardo's stock has been slashed with Norris embarrassing him every race at Mclaren. Blush Otmar Szafnauer at Alpine really screwed the pooch on this one by losing Piastri but its his own fault because they were going to loan him to Williams for a year and then when Alonzo bolted then he wanted Piastri but by then the damage was done, but then again Piastri could end up being a complete bust too.

I hope Alpine does not go the Nico Hulkenberg or Antonio Giovinazzi route, both are good drivers but in F1 you need great drivers.

MCLAREN INFORMED RICCIARDO THAT PIASTRI WILL REPLACE HIM
Reuters 5 August, 2022 3 Comments
McLaren have told Daniel Ricciardo that fellow Australian Oscar Piastri will be replacing him at the Formula 1 team next season, according to media reports on Friday.
The RacingNews365 website cited Australian sources saying Ricciardo had been officially informed of his “de-hiring”.

Autosport said it understood Ricciardo had been told McLaren intended to replace him with 21-year-old Piastri, who this week rejected a 2023 seat at Renault-owned Alpine, despite having a contract for next year.

McLaren have not commented on a story that has gripped Formula One since the start of the August break. read more

Multiple sources have confirmed to Reuters, however, that Piastri has been lined up to replace the under-performing Ricciardo. That could ultimately involve McLaren paying Ricciardo not to race for them.

Ricciardo did not deliver at McLaren
The 33-year-old was signed from Renault at the end of 2020 but, apart from winning last year’s Italian Grand Prix against the odds, has failed to live up to expectations at the former champions.

This season he has scored a mere 19 points, with a highest position of sixth, compared to team mate Lando Norris’s 76 from 13 races.

RacingNews365 reported that Piastri signed a contract with McLaren last Saturday at the Hungarian Grand Prix and the team then lodged it with the sport’s Contract Recognition Board.

Alpine, who have invested heavily in Piastri as reserve driver, announced the Australian as their driver on Tuesday only for him to take to social media to contradict them.

“I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year,” he said in a statement that promptly went viral.

“This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023. I will not be driving for Alpine next year,” he added. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin)
Zycki11
8/8/2022 2:12pm
So now DR3 is going to get paid by Mclaren and he now has been approached by Williams, Haas, Alpha Tauri, and Alpine

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/8/2022 7:56pm
The Vegas 2023 race is scheduled for November 18th and will be on the same weekend for the 5-year contract.
8/8/2022 9:00pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The Vegas 2023 race is scheduled for November 18th and will be on the same weekend for the 5-year contract.
VIVA LAS VEGAS. 1964 Maserati. Elvis Presley and Ann Margaret👍 Can’t wait for November next year

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/9/2022 3:54pm
Ricciardo wants $21 million to be bought out of his contract.

The remaining amount on his 3-year contract is $15 million.

Ricciardo’s asking price of $21 million of McLaren is contingent on him then sitting out the season with no F1 drive. If he were to sign with another team, the salary he would be paid (of $21 million or lower) by that team would then be refunded back to McLaren.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/9/2022 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 11:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ricciardo wants $21 million to be bought out of his contract. The remaining amount on his 3-year contract is $15 million. [quote]Ricciardo’s asking price of $21...

Ricciardo’s asking price of $21 million of McLaren is contingent on him then sitting out the season with no F1 drive. If he were to sign with another team, the salary he would be paid (of $21 million or lower) by that team would then be refunded back to McLaren.
Well Ricciardo just ran himself out of F1 for good is he wants and thinks he will get 21 million. He has not delivered at all after leaving redbull and Norris embarrasses him every race. He should see if he can hook up with ANY team willing to sign him and then he better be the fastest driver on the team which I doubt he will be. He hasn't been able to adapt to different cars like Renault or Mclaren.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/9/2022 8:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ricciardo wants $21 million to be bought out of his contract. The remaining amount on his 3-year contract is $15 million. [quote]Ricciardo’s asking price of $21...

lostboy819 wrote:
Well Ricciardo just ran himself out of F1 for good is he wants and thinks he will get 21 million. He has not delivered at all...
Well Ricciardo just ran himself out of F1 for good is he wants and thinks he will get 21 million. He has not delivered at all after leaving redbull and Norris embarrasses him every race. He should see if he can hook up with ANY team willing to sign him and then he better be the fastest driver on the team which I doubt he will be. He hasn't been able to adapt to different cars like Renault or Mclaren.
He technically has the bigger end of the stick. He doesn't have to opt-out of his contract. I don't think he'll get the $21 million he's requesting, but he'll most likely get more than what's left to pay on his contract.

There are apparently 3 or 4 teams looking at signing him. If he does decide to sit out next year, he'll have more options come 2024 and on some better teams. We probably won't find out anything until after the season ends.

I also read that Alpine is preparing a lawsuit against Piastri.
MO 23
8/9/2022 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 9:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
Well Ricciardo just ran himself out of F1 for good is he wants and thinks he will get 21 million. He has not delivered at all...
When you say he wasn’t able to adapt to the Renault.
What do you mean? He scored close to double the points as both of his teammates in both years.
He drove brilliantly at Renault, he absolutely got a lot out of that car. Outperformed his team mates and got podiums in a car that had no business in the top 3.
His stock was very high at the end of his Renault stint.
What else could he have done at Renault?
Yes, at McLaren he has been a massive disappointment to say the least.

Now alpine is in a tough spot, taking Ricciardo back has massive risk. If he drives like he did in 2020, it’s a big win for them, the question is, is his lack of performance these past 2 years McLaren specific? Or does he also struggle with this generation of car?
Outside of Ricciardo, who else can they chase? The other options are guys like Hulkenberg, Schumacher, Giovanazzi, Doohan? The upside /ceiling for Ricciardo is higher than any of these guys. But the risk is also pretty high.

At the end of the day, Alpine had Alonso and Piastri on the books, but fucked up and has lost them both.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/14/2022 1:53pm
Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer is having as bad of a time as Mattia Binotto is at Ferrari and if you believe some of the rumors on F1 forums they could both be gone at the end of the season, F1 is hardcore when it come to screw ups. Blush
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/14/2022 2:18pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer is having as bad of a time as Mattia Binotto is at Ferrari and if you believe some of the rumors on...
Alpine boss Otmar Szafnauer is having as bad of a time as Mattia Binotto is at Ferrari and if you believe some of the rumors on F1 forums they could both be gone at the end of the season, F1 is hardcore when it come to screw ups. Blush
I get the Binotto thing, but what's the reasoning behind Szafnauer?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/14/2022 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 3:35pm
Losing both Alonzo and then Piastri refusing to fill the seat and going to Mclaren. I don't really think Szafnauer had any control over either one and I think the only thing he screwed up on was putting out a press release without Piastri being involved and then Piastrie put out his own press release saying he wasn't going to drive form Alpine. Its always a joint statement with both the team principal and the driver and they make a big deal putting it out but this was what looks like a act of desperation when he was losing both drivers. Maybe he caught wind that Piastri wanted to jump ship and tried to head it off with the press release. These are just rumors from the F1 media which makes the moto media look tame as they are always out for blood. I think Binotto needs to go because he will never admit that Ferrari is making huge strategy mistakes but I think Szafnauer does a good job even when he was working for Stroll at racing point.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/26/2022 9:01am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2022 9:05am
-Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Ocon, Schumacher and Bottas will all be required to start from the back of the grid.

-Alfa Romeo to end Sauber partnership at end of 2023 season.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/26/2022 9:03am
Audi announced that they will join Formula 1 from 2026 as engine suppliers.

peelout
8/26/2022 10:23am
i read a thing yesterday saying the last driver to win two consecutive races at Spa was Kimi.

i've got Max winning from the back of the grid becoming the second driver to do it.
Zycki11
8/26/2022 2:57pm
peelout wrote:
i read a thing yesterday saying the last driver to win two consecutive races at Spa was Kimi. i've got Max winning from the back of...
i read a thing yesterday saying the last driver to win two consecutive races at Spa was Kimi.

i've got Max winning from the back of the grid becoming the second driver to do it.
Yeah this should be a very fun race to watch. Max and the RB car this weekend look phenomenal
8/26/2022 8:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Audi announced that they will join Formula 1 from 2026 as engine suppliers. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565671/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Be cool if they could run the engines out of these.

SEEMEFIRST
8/26/2022 9:29pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Audi announced that they will join Formula 1 from 2026 as engine suppliers. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565671/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

1911 wrote:
Be cool if they could run the engines out of these. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565773/s1200_77E03E9F_DA96_46CB_9919_47FD2F7C69F9.jpg[/img]
Be cool if they could run the engines out of these.

The 12 cylinder jag got me as close as I have ever been to unmanipulated ejaculation, but the sound of the old F1 cars..dude.
SEEMEFIRST
8/26/2022 9:34pm
You haven't lived until you have heard an XJ-9 come and go.
It's insane.

Post a reply to: 2022 F1 World Championship

The Latest