2022 F1 World Championship

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2022 3:44 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote: NEWS

-Michael Masi has been replaced as race director. He'll be offered a new role within the FIA.

Niels Wittich, former ...more
MO 23 wrote:

No surprises really, except the alternating race director role.
They already struggle with consistency, I don’t see how having ...more

I haven't read all of it, and I am sure many disagree, but I liked his decision

"let's race"

WTF wants a world championship decided on a yellow flag

|

Just a nobody who never was anybody.

2/18/2022 6:00 AM

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

2/18/2022 6:18 AM

|

2/18/2022 6:34 AM

Photo
Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/18/2022 6:54 AM

flarider wrote:

Man, that's a lot of technical analysis based purely on photos, without computer or tunnel testing

Gary is a good friend of mine who I got to know when he was technical director at Reynard when I was there back in 1999-2000 before Eddie Jordan lured him back to F1.

He is really smart and has pretty much seen it all.

He's not afraid to tell it like it is, whether he pisses people off or not.

He had a great career in F1, starting with Brabham. He was on the Brabham F2 team, but shop-based. He wanted to move up to F1 and travel and told Bernie Ecclestone (who owned Brabham at the time) that he wanted that chance.

Gary is a big guy, and Bernie told him 'if you can pick up that motor and stick it into the back of that van, I'll move you up.'

So he did, and Bernie said 'OK, you're in F1 now'

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

2/18/2022 9:35 AM

‘I was shocked’: Formula One garage at Hard Rock Stadium built over public sewer main BY AARON LEIBOWITZ UPDATED FEBRUARY 17, 2022 6:31 PM

When representatives for Hard Rock Stadium and the Miami Dolphins went to Miami-Dade County last year with their plan to build a garage and pit area for their Formula One racetrack, regulators said no way. The problem? Officials said the structure was planned on top of a sewer main, meaning it would block access to pipes for any needed repairs and raise the specter of noxious gases seeping through manholes into the building. They built it anyway.

The city of Miami Gardens, which had not yet issued a required building permit, ordered construction to stop. But rather than demanding that the so-called “pit/paddock” building be torn down and relocated mere months before the race kicks off, county officials proposed a deal: The building could stay, they said, but only if the Miami Grand Prix paid a $45,000 penalty and committed to safety and monitoring measures, including the replacement of manhole covers with “gas tight lids.” By this summer, they would reroute the sewer main outside the building’s footprint. A consent agreement was finalized Dec. 30. It was signed by Todd Boyan, the Dolphins’ senior vice president of stadium operations, on behalf of South Florida Motorsports LLC and South Florida Stadium LLC.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article258303883.html#storylink=cpy

Normal south florida business....

|

2/18/2022 3:44 PM

flarider wrote:

Man, that's a lot of technical analysis based purely on photos, without computer or tunnel testing

indy_maico wrote:

Gary is a good friend of mine who I got to know when he was technical director at Reynard when I was there back in 1999-2000 ...more

Gary’s analysis is always fantastic, I was a big fan of what he did at AutoSport, and now the podcasts with The-Race are even better.
Sure he has a lot of comments based on photos etc, but he clearly understands how the cars work, and sure sometimes he is wrong, but it’s great to hear the details regarding why the cars have been designed as they have.

|

2/18/2022 4:02 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: NEWS

-Michael Masi has been replaced as race director. He'll be offered a new role within the FIA.

Niels Wittich, former ...more
MO 23 wrote:

No surprises really, except the alternating race director role.
They already struggle with consistency, I don’t see how having ...more

flarider wrote:

I haven't read all of it, and I am sure many disagree, but I liked his decision

"let's race"

WTF wants a world championship ...more

All we want is a race and a championship decided under the procedures dictated in the rulebook, and conforming to previously set precedent. If it has to finish under yellow, so be it

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

2/19/2022 9:52 AM

NEWS

Michael Andretti applied with the FIA to enter a new team in F1 starting starting 2024.

They'll need to find an engine manufacturer and reach an agreement with them before paying the $200 million entry fee.

The $200 million fee would be split between the current teams and would not count towards their yearly budget.

Andretti previously tried to buy Force India and Haas, but since they were unsuccessful they've decided to create a new team from scratch.
|

2/19/2022 11:36 AM

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by FORMULA 1® (@f1)

|

2/21/2022 9:53 AM

2022 BWT Alpine A522

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/21/2022 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2022 10:06 AM

Season opener livery:

Photo

|

2/21/2022 8:03 PM

well, they probably wont win on the track, but they will win the ugliest livery award.

|

2/21/2022 8:46 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Season opener livery:

Photo

I thought the pink was going away?

|

2/21/2022 8:47 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Season opener livery:

Photo

1911 wrote:

I thought the pink was going away?

Went away from Aston, landed on Alpine.

|

2/21/2022 8:53 PM

mx617 wrote:

Went away from Aston, landed on Alpine.

I did not realize BWT switched teams, I am old and slow,silly silly Thank you

|

2/23/2022 10:09 AM

First test early timesheet

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/23/2022 11:10 AM

Final times after 1st day of testing.

Photo

|

2/23/2022 11:17 AM

The more things change the more they remain the same...

Haas still 3+ seconds off the pace.

|

2/23/2022 11:38 AM

Redbull sidepods look crazy, newey magic.

|

2/23/2022 2:41 PM

indy_maico wrote:

And Merc no doubt driving around with a few bags of sand onboard. Difficult to buy Merc being 1.2-1.7sec behind McLaren

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

2/23/2022 3:10 PM

King_George_III wrote:

Redbull sidepods look crazy, newey magic.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

2/23/2022 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2022 5:44 PM

indy_maico wrote:

harescrambled wrote:

And Merc no doubt driving around with a few bags of sand onboard. Difficult to buy Merc being 1.2-1.7sec behind McLaren

The times at this point of testing really mean zip.
We don’t know what engine modes teams were using, what fuel loads, how hard drivers were pushing.
Plus McLaren set their time on a soft tyre (C4) pretty much all the other teams set their times on the C3 tyre which is one compound harder and both RB and Haas set their times on the hard C2 compound

|

2/24/2022 11:36 AM

Final times after 2nd day of testing.

Photo

|

2/24/2022 11:46 AM

It's still early, but George Russell said that Ferrari and McLaren are both ahead of the Mercedes team after today.

|

2/24/2022 1:07 PM

POS wont let me embed:

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

2/24/2022 3:04 PM

Photo
Photo
|