Related:
Create New Tag
ns503 ns503
1/1/2022 7:12 AM

Somebody had to do it. The time seemed right? w00t

HAF

ns503 ns503
1/1/2022 7:22 AM

I just hope this one is something close to the excitement of the last one. There's no possible way it can match it. Realistically, hoping for going into the last race with the title still up for grabs.

Also kinda have to pull for the 'home' guy - so let's go Team Stroll. That's something not realistic. whistling

HAF

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/1/2022 8:37 AM

Deleted my post from the 2021 thread since it's better suited for this one.

Pre-Season testing starts at the end of February in 53 days.

1st pre-season test: February 23-25 (Barcelona)
2nd pre-season test: March 10-12 (Bahrain)

1st race: March 20th in Bahrain. (78 days away)

There's going to be 6 sprint qualifying races next year.

March 19: Bahrain
April 23: Emilia Romagna
June 18: Canada
July 9: Austria
September 3: Dutch GP
November 12: Brazil

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1911 1911
1/1/2022 10:22 AM

Happy new year!

lostboy819 lostboy819
1/1/2022 11:29 AM

Ferrari will make its comeback !!!!! cool cool cool cool

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/1/2022 12:48 PM
lostboy819 wrote:

Ferrari will make its ...more

They could very well make their comeback. Read an article that Shell developed a new fuel for Ferrari that addressed some of the issues they had with power. New fuel apparently fixes the 20hp loss they had.

Unrelated:

Also, if anyone was wondering, F1 won't be going full electric for quite some years. Formula E has an exclusive license in place with the FIA until atleast 2039 to be the only open wheel series to be fully electric.

ProKawi24 ProKawi24
1/1/2022 1:31 PM

They're going to have the 2021 season on "Drive to Survive", right? I believe they release all the episodes when the new season begins. Should have some damn good episodes after what a year we just had.

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

ns503 ns503
1/1/2022 3:03 PM
ProKawi24 wrote:

They're going to have the ...more

There is no way any future season can match the drama and excitement of 2021. That was other level no matter who your guy was or what you thought of anyone else.

HAF

lostboy819 lostboy819
1/1/2022 4:54 PM
ProKawi24 wrote:

Too bad Verstappen didn't take part in the new season of Drive to survive, I think its a big mistake not to because Drive to Survive is what gave a big boost to the popularly of F1 especially in the USA. 140K showed up for the F1 race in Texas. cool

ns503 ns503
1/1/2022 5:09 PM

I'm really hoping things work out in my life enough that I can finally get to the Montreal F1 in June. Has always been a bucket list thing of mine.

HAF

Nighttrain Nighttrain
1/1/2022 10:42 PM
lostboy819 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

They could very well make ...more

I watched a few FE races. The cars sound like sewing machines with lots of loose carbon fiber and metal rattling noises. I’d hoped for better. And the part about the drivers coming to sit in a pit for a few minutes to switch cars was weird.

There are a bunch of new rules in F1 for 2022. The increase in wheel size…that’ll be a huge change, right?

BMSOBx2 BMSOBx2
1/2/2022 11:27 AM

I'm interested to see what the change to 18in tires brings. Those huge donuts they used this past few seasons were for all intents and purposes the suspension for the cars. Actual suspension travel was in the range of 2/3 inches. Now that they don't have the huge flexible sidewalls acting as springs suspension set-up is going to be very important and should bring some changes to rake & ride height.

moto-moto moto-moto
1/3/2022 8:23 AM
...edit to add photos and revise text... ...thanks to Mav for finding the photos...
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I am posting for 2022 F1 thread notifications... ...hopefully the Red Bull team can keep the ball rolling... ...or any other team can step up and keep the Mercs relegated to the mid-field ...yeah right.

laughing blink

Below is my standard first post in the yearly F1 thread here at Vital (in years past I have posted a link to a Jesse James instagram link, but that link no longer works... ...Mav found the photos that were in Jesse's instagram post, thanks again Mav... ...I am going to update this post with the photos that Mav found, I have already posted up the verbiage from Jesse's instagram post... ...I still feel, like others on this board, that the battery technology for e-vehicles need to be thought through some to eliminate the bad that surrounds the raw material sourcing, the battery construction process, and the eventual discard of these batteries).

...an interesting little tidbit about 2-STROKE F1 engines...

Two-stroke engines & eco-fuel: F1 aims to be greener than Formula E

...and my opinion/take about the Formula E Series...

As noted above, I can't let the instagram post by Jesse James about Electrical cars and motorcycles go the way of the Dodo bird, so...
Saw a post by Mav in the Tesla Truck thread (...an old vital thread...) from Jesse James' instagram... ...I have replicated this instagram post below with the photos that Mav found and the verbiage that JJ wrote. (...some intersting information about the amount of fuel required to keep the Formula E Circus powered as well as an opinion about lithium batteries).

grin

Jesse James' replicated Instagram post on ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Photo
(...the open pit mine photo above has been proven to be copper mine in South America. This image has been used to represent lithium mines in numerous may-mays... ...whatever, I am still going to post the photo up in my standard first F1 post... ...this is the photo the JJ used in his instagram post and I am replicating JJ's post as best I can...)

Photo

Photo

Photo

Text Copy/Paste from Jesse James' instagram post:

ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS
I would like to start of by saying electric cars and motorcycles can F*ck Off!. Ok now that we have that out of the way I can explain exactly why. First and foremost let’s talk about the Ohh so “planet friendly” Formula E racing series. Now at first glance you might think that this “clean” form of racing must be the way of the future, right?? Not so much. Let take a peek at what’s really going on. The very first indication this might be Bullshit is the 20 CAT Diesel generators in the pits running full throttle charging the batteries for these cars. Each car uses two 550 pound Lithium batteries per race. These batteries put out 250KW of power, and have a maximum output of 54KWH (kilowatt hours). On the high side the average U.S. home uses about 20KWH of power per day. One Formula E car, in one race uses four times that in 50 minutes. The recent Hong Kong race had 25 cars on the grid, using fifty 550lb Lithium batteries in 50 minutes. That’s a total of 2700 Kilowatt Hours. Or more than enough to power 10 homes for a month. That’s a lot of juice! Also the five power-plants in Hong Kong are powered by Diesel, Coal, and Gasoline. Whoopsie!

Now let’s take a look at these newfangled Lithium batteries. The big companies hawking electric cars and motorcycles would love you to believe that Fossil fuel is so harmful, and electric power is so clean. It’s actually the opposite. We are swapping a carbon monoxide problem that is fixable and controllable. For a toxic Lithium mining that kills wild life, ruins the water table and destroys agriculture. The mining process uses a ton of water. A million gallons of water per 2 metric tons of lithium(Each Tesla has 12 kilos of Lithium). In some South American countries like Chile. Lithium mining uses almost 70% of the countries water supply. Also if you are naive enough to think that there isn’t a bunch of diesel powered machinery used in the process? Think again. These Lithium batteries also leave a toxic footprint on the way out. Contamination of landfills and seeping into the water table........

...note, deleted my post below in response to kdizzle since Mav quoted that post of mine with the photos he found that JJ used in his instagram post from years ago, figured there was no reason to have the photos posted up twice in this thread...

...do not quote this post 'cause it will be deleted along with your quoted post...
...still participating in the F1 thread, MX history, and threads about tasty critters... ...signature edited on 2019-10-14...

..."Is mediocrity the new gold standard for this generation?"...
..."there is no reason to hide the past, no matter how ugly the past is"...

kdizzle_rider kdizzle_rider
1/3/2022 9:40 AM

Your last paragraph really resonates with me. Agree 100%

SEEMEFIRST SEEMEFIRST
1/3/2022 3:52 PM

I think someone debunked that as a lithium mine as copper, or something.

I think it's been sensationalized like everything else, but I still agree that there's very little "green" going on.

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

kdizzle_rider kdizzle_rider
1/3/2022 9:51 PM

Could be, but these electric motors have tons of copper and Other exotic metals in them as well.

Back to the battery tech. We definitely need a major breakthrough in battery tech. I hope some
Smart SOB cracks that code soon.

Stuntman949 Stuntman949
1/4/2022 7:25 AM

Electric is more green in the fact it does more damage upfront laughing

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

Stuntman949 Stuntman949
1/4/2022 7:26 AM
lostboy819 wrote:

Would be NEAT!

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

rohleder644 rohleder644
1/4/2022 3:18 PM
lostboy819 wrote:

Too bad Verstappen didn't ...more

I wonder why he didn’t? I hate to be a bandwagoner, but that show definitely renewed an interest in F1 for me.

MO 23 MO 23
1/4/2022 3:35 PM
ProKawi24 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Too bad Verstappen didn't ...more

rohleder644 wrote:

I wonder why he didn’t? I ...more

He said he didnt like that a lot of the story lines were somewhat contrived.
for example, they had one whole episode last year basically about the intense rivalry between Sainz and Norris, and that it had deteriorated their friendship. supposedly that was not true at all.

I personally love the show, but they definitely made everything sound like it came down to the last lap in many races, when the reality was somewhat different.

I love seeing the behind the scenes footage, stuff like Seb talking to Leclerc about contracts etc

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/6/2022 8:08 PM

Aston Martin in the process of building their new headquarters.

billyslad billyslad
1/8/2022 11:01 PM

2022 anyone but Hamilton please
I hope George Russell lives up to expectations
Damn shame that Raikonnen is no longer in F1

Also hope that the powers that be allow cars to race without all of the safety cars and penalties

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/13/2022 12:15 PM
King_George_III King_George_III
1/13/2022 1:06 PM

If ferrari make a good car, my money is on Sainz 👀

1911 1911
1/13/2022 2:42 PM
-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/14/2022 8:44 AM

Aston Martin unveiling their 2022 car on February 10th.

Markopolo400 Markopolo400
1/14/2022 9:16 AM

Shocker, Williams wins the 2022 title.

Sorry George w00t

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/18/2022 5:00 PM

McLaren car reveal on February 11th.

Ferrari car reveal on February 17th.

Mercedes car reveal on February 18th.

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/20/2022 8:12 AM

The sprint races might not happen this year.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown said that F1 might have to abandon the sprint races this year and push them to 2023.

Apparently last year the teams were given a total amount of 750k to cover the sprint races and possible car damage. For 2022 the top teams are against the proposed $2.65 million cap to cover those expenses. Zak Brown said that there's a top team asking for it to be $5 million.

The mid-field teams are okay with the proposed $2.65 million.

In order for the sprint races to go ahead this year, they need 28/30 votes which isn't possible with the top teams being against the proposed allocation.

So, if they can't reach a compromise that everyone is happy with, F1 is going to be forced to scrap the sprint races for this year and moved them to 2023. There's still time to change the rules for the 2023 season and they would only need 6 teams to agree.

Apparently Zak Brown and McLaren are okay with the new budget proposal for the sprint races.

Personally, I quite enjoyed the sprint races, so I hope we have them again this year.

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
1/22/2022 12:42 PM

Toto Wolff is probably not going to be happy about the following:

The head of Mercedes F1 mechanical engineer Ben Hodgkinson is set to join Red Bull Powertrains in May of this year as their technical director.

btn
btn
1 of 40

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry