2021 F1 World Championship

DK23
3/28/2021 9:32am
It's on now!

The Shop

Stuntman949
3/28/2021 9:47am
Hindsight is 20/20, but I wonder if he should have put his faith in the stewards. Then again, if he passed Hamilton again after giving the spot back, there would be no controversy.
GaryC1
3/28/2021 9:56am
Unless I'm missing something, that looks like blatant favouritism for Hamilton/Mercedes. Everyone got told about T4 track limits during qualifying with lap times deleted and limits only get re-inforced after Max started copying Lewis in the race and told to hand the position back after the overtake. If I'm Max and Redbull I ain't happy, great race nonetheless
3/28/2021 9:58am
MazSPIN! 😂

Why couldn’t Max pass Hamilton again? Did having to let Hamilton back around mess with his flow? To bad for Max.
What a drive for Perez, looks like Red Bull will have something for Mercedes this year.
3/28/2021 1:04pm
Really hoping for a Season long LH MV battle with close to equal machinery. I think Max can best Hamilton straight up.
I stand corrected Sad have to tip your hat to hamildouche the guy can drive.
rhargrave431
3/28/2021 1:20pm
I hope that the Red Bull and the Merc are close, and not some situation where RB came in ready and Merc was still learning and is going to get really good. I just want a good season, which we could be in for.
Stephon
3/28/2021 3:51pm
Exciting race today. I think it's going to take a lot for Max to beat Hamilton over a season. Hamilton's extreme high level of consistency is going to be hard to beat, but it's certainly possible.
KMC440
3/29/2021 6:17am
Who else is in Haas' stable of drivers? Surely the Hulk has to be getting a phone call...

... yes I know he won't as a Mrec driver ... but daymmmm he's a better option.
APLMAN99
3/29/2021 11:02am
GaryC1 wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, that looks like blatant favouritism for Hamilton/Mercedes. Everyone got told about T4 track limits during qualifying with lap times deleted and limits...
Unless I'm missing something, that looks like blatant favouritism for Hamilton/Mercedes. Everyone got told about T4 track limits during qualifying with lap times deleted and limits only get re-inforced after Max started copying Lewis in the race and told to hand the position back after the overtake. If I'm Max and Redbull I ain't happy, great race nonetheless
The FIA steward was sick yesterday so they called in an AMA official to cover for them?!?!?!?!?!?!?
GaryC1
3/29/2021 11:28am
APLMAN99 wrote:
The FIA steward was sick yesterday so they called in an AMA official to cover for them?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Haha I think you hit the nail on the head there! WoohooLaughing
SEEMEFIRST
3/29/2021 12:01pm
GaryC1 wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, that looks like blatant favouritism for Hamilton/Mercedes. Everyone got told about T4 track limits during qualifying with lap times deleted and limits...
Hamilton did it the whole race, until they said something to him.
Either there are track limits, or there aren't.

The major difference was Max overtook Ham while over the limit.

Would Ham have a 9 second gap on Ver had he been within the limits all race?

We'll never know.
DK23
3/29/2021 12:38pm
GaryC1 wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Hamilton did it the whole race, until they said something to him. Either there are track limits, or there aren't. The major difference was Max overtook...

We'll never know.
This is my point exactly. He was told around lap 40 or so to stop going outside T4. So even if he gained 0.1 sec/lap, that's 4 seconds total he gained and would have definitely changed the outcome. What is even worse, they told Hamilton about it only 3-4 laps after Max started going outside on that turn. Let the conspiracy theories commence.
RacerX8
3/30/2021 5:40pm
GaryC1 wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Hamilton did it the whole race, until they said something to him. Either there are track limits, or there aren't. The major difference was Max overtook...

We'll never know.
DK23 wrote:
This is my point exactly. He was told around lap 40 or so to stop going outside T4. So even if he gained 0.1 sec/lap, that's...
This is my point exactly. He was told around lap 40 or so to stop going outside T4. So even if he gained 0.1 sec/lap, that's 4 seconds total he gained and would have definitely changed the outcome. What is even worse, they told Hamilton about it only 3-4 laps after Max started going outside on that turn. Let the conspiracy theories commence.
I don’t understand why RedBull didn’t protest Mercedes, teams love protesting in F1, these were race order changing actions. RedBull should have pitted Max as soon as Hamilton’s lap times dropped below his, even though Max told his team to leave him out.
katooom
3/31/2021 6:17pm
MotoGP blows F1 out the water.

DRS is a joke. Track limits inconsistency is a joke. Complete reliance on the aero package is a joke. The entire race boiling down to undercut/overcut/DRS enabled pass is really not racing.

A series that will penalize/disqualify a car for being 0.5mm out of spec in some measurement cannot figure out if a car 2meters outside the white line lap after lap is not gaining an advantage? Come on.

And worst of all is Croft announcing. That guy just yells and yells. Good lord dude, take a Valium.
RacerX8
3/31/2021 6:30pm
katooom wrote:
MotoGP blows F1 out the water. DRS is a joke. Track limits inconsistency is a joke. Complete reliance on the aero package is a joke. The...

DRS is a joke. Track limits inconsistency is a joke. Complete reliance on the aero package is a joke. The entire race boiling down to undercut/overcut/DRS enabled pass is really not racing.

A series that will penalize/disqualify a car for being 0.5mm out of spec in some measurement cannot figure out if a car 2meters outside the white line lap after lap is not gaining an advantage? Come on.

And worst of all is Croft announcing. That guy just yells and yells. Good lord dude, take a Valium.
You’re right but I still like me some F1. I agree, MotoGP is the shit.
3/31/2021 6:54pm
katooom wrote:
MotoGP blows F1 out the water. DRS is a joke. Track limits inconsistency is a joke. Complete reliance on the aero package is a joke. The...

You make some valid points sir!
Nighttrain
3/31/2021 7:53pm
katooom wrote:

You’re true except in comparing 2 and 4 wheel racing. Apples and cabbage.

Indy Cars is the best racing I watch each year on 4 wheels but that’s open for debate. There are many here that understand much more of the nuances in car racing.
KMC440
4/2/2021 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2021 3:53pm
Was just looking at the changes to the Melbourne track... yep they made it harder to pass by widening the corners. When will these track designers understand we fans want slow corners that will bring out braking into the mix!!!
bla bla 5 seconds faster bla bla bla
Load of bullshit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/new-albert-park-layout-wil…
KMC440
4/2/2021 2:58pm
It must be soooooooo hard to turn those pigs with all those wings !!! BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!👎😠

Post a reply to: 2021 F1 World Championship

The Latest