2020 Speedway GP's

66TR66
8/27/2020 12:13am
Anyone else here looking forward to the most exhilarating raw to the bone sport. After a number of revisions to the schedule cos of you know what, the 1st Round of an 8 Round series is from Wroclaw Stadium in Poland on the 28th August (European) and the 2nd Round is on the following Night.
I fully expect my little mate Tai Woffinden to come out firing after missing rounds last year due injuries and win the title he won in 2013, 2015 and 2018.

https://www.speedwaygp.com
|
Stuntman949
8/27/2020 7:37am
With our local track shut down for the summer (Costa Mesa Speedway), my eyes are focuses on Speedway GP. I always forget what a super fan I am until the season starts. Would love to see more videos where they "tour" the guys vans
jemcee
8/27/2020 11:02pm
Holy shit lucky I checked in here I've been consistently forgetting to remember to check when the season was gonna start haha.. Good shit!
66TR66
8/27/2020 11:56pm
No worries jemcee, glad to help,
I have been lurking here for about 6-7 years I guess before I had to pull the trigger and join.
Let me guess you were a CH23 fan? but now a Doyley fan in the GP's?

Oh and BTW that thread about Peter Perfect and the lady that responded was my sister.
I ended up getting Stefan Everts boots after that event and all I asked for was a jersey. Also got an Irish Team Jacket for helping them out.

Sad to know that you are in a chair but glad to know you keep on punching mate.
The most professional and safest Speedway rider and 10 times Aussie Champ and undoubtedly the best rider not to win a world title had just retired after racing all over the world. Thought he might have some fun and race the Finke with a few speedway mates from way back when and had a innocuous crash in practice the day before and unfortunately landed awkward and is now in a chair, but remains in great spirits and does great things for the young junior riders coming up, and we got loads of them. Thanks to Leigh, Crumpy, Johno Johnski and others.

You Keep punching mate and blessWink

66TR66
8/28/2020 12:01am
Oh yeah, the fella next to me in my profile pic is 3 Time World Champ Tai Woffy signing some of my Speedway Star Mags from when he won his 2nd World Title at Johno Johnski's house.
He actually learnt to slide in my back yard where I had a small Speedway / dirt cart track.

The Shop

jemcee
8/28/2020 2:08am
66TR66 wrote:
No worries jemcee, glad to help, I have been lurking here for about 6-7 years I guess before I had to pull the trigger and join...
No worries jemcee, glad to help,
I have been lurking here for about 6-7 years I guess before I had to pull the trigger and join.
Let me guess you were a CH23 fan? but now a Doyley fan in the GP's?

Oh and BTW that thread about Peter Perfect and the lady that responded was my sister.
I ended up getting Stefan Everts boots after that event and all I asked for was a jersey. Also got an Irish Team Jacket for helping them out.

Sad to know that you are in a chair but glad to know you keep on punching mate.
The most professional and safest Speedway rider and 10 times Aussie Champ and undoubtedly the best rider not to win a world title had just retired after racing all over the world. Thought he might have some fun and race the Finke with a few speedway mates from way back when and had a innocuous crash in practice the day before and unfortunately landed awkward and is now in a chair, but remains in great spirits and does great things for the young junior riders coming up, and we got loads of them. Thanks to Leigh, Crumpy, Johno Johnski and others.

You Keep punching mate and blessWink

Haha actually I'm a Johnny come lately to Speedway (My name is actually Johnny haha) I think the first year I started was the year before Doyle got the title but got very close.. But pretty instantly became a massive fan of the sport! And of Doyle haha I actually lost a mate in 2011 that was the spitting image of Jason so that helps me go for him haha

Man that was crazy haha and I often tell that story and how amazing it was that I could show my mate the picture he took 30 years ago haha

Yeah it's funny cause I was a pretty safe rider as well, never really looked out of control but as a Taxi driver said to me once "The human body is designed to go 7km/h and not bump into anything" haha

KMC440
8/28/2020 3:46am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 3:48am
Wish I had the $$ to put a track in at the old dog track in Kenosha. The midwest is missing the boat and that facility was perfectly located between Milwaukee and Chicago to pull a good crowd from.
Would've taken a few years to seed the area with racers. Not impossible though.
Really miss the fun at Fast Friday's in Auburn. Damn near got a bike to ride back in '84 too. Division 3 wooooooo !! 👍😉
PressPassP
8/28/2020 7:50am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2020 10:15am
66TR66 wrote:
Anyone else here looking forward to the most exhilarating raw to the bone sport. After a number of revisions to the schedule cos of you know...
Anyone else here looking forward to the most exhilarating raw to the bone sport. After a number of revisions to the schedule cos of you know what, the 1st Round of an 8 Round series is from Wroclaw Stadium in Poland on the 28th August (European) and the 2nd Round is on the following Night.
I fully expect my little mate Tai Woffinden to come out firing after missing rounds last year due injuries and win the title he won in 2013, 2015 and 2018.

https://www.speedwaygp.com
Yep I'm in as always for tonight or morning where you guys are from Oz
Fantastic that they managed to get a series in
I was surprised that Fricke and Laguta missed out in the GP challenge last week for next years series,Fricke will need to finish strong this year,but it's pretty stacked and should be good

Post a reply to: 2020 Speedway GP's

The Latest