2020 Specialized StumpJumper ST

ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
462nd
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 4:54am
Not sure how many guys ride mountain bikes here. Picked up a 2020 Specialized StumpJumper ST on Friday afternoon. Somewhat new to mountainbikes but have always been on a 2 wheeler of some sort.

This thing is entry level and bad ass. Rode some decent mountain trails by my house today, very impressed. The dropper seat post is sick. Just wanted to say that im stoked with, "speaking with my wallet."
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/12/2020 5:57pm
Nice. Just put a few miles on mine yesterday (I have a different brand, same idea.)
Pirate421
4/13/2020 6:55am
Nice bike choice. Mountain bikes are seriously addicting. I have found that they really helped me with riding off-road and in the woods as well as the workout you get from them
Barrett57
4/13/2020 8:10am
I've got some really good places to go and ride around me and want to get into it when all this is over but I have no idea what I want or where to start. Any suggestions?
ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
462nd
4/13/2020 4:41pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I've got some really good places to go and ride around me and want to get into it when all this is over but I have...
I've got some really good places to go and ride around me and want to get into it when all this is over but I have no idea what I want or where to start. Any suggestions?
Well, i am definitely a beginner and not an expert. I would do some research online and check out a local bike shop. You need to determine what type of mountain bike/type of riding youre interested in. "Trail bikes" are known as the do it all type of bikes. Most every brand makes an entry level bike. Makes sense to start there, or go with a decent used bike. Seems like full suspension bikes hold their value pretty well though.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/13/2020 5:46pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I've got some really good places to go and ride around me and want to get into it when all this is over but I have...
Where will you be riding and what seems fun to you?
Do you want to race the Tour deFrance but on dirt? Cross Country.
Jump BMX jumps and cruise the hood? DJ (dirt jump).
Pedal to the top and bomb down anything? All Mountain/ trail.
Pedal to the top and race down anything while being timed? Hit the bike parks? Enduro.
Ride the ski lift to the top and bomb down ANYTHING? Hit the bike parks? Downhill.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/13/2020 5:48pm
PS: if you don't know for sure, get a used all-mountain/trail bike and ride everything. If you change your mind later you can trade up.
nytsmaC
4/13/2020 9:27pm
Yup. Don’t make the mistake of buying a 170mm enduro bike just because. They’re not fun to ride on mellower rides. There are a lot of bikes out now with 120-150mm rear travel that will be a great bike for after work rides on the local trails but are also perfectly capable of everything short of the pro only lines at the bike parks. Be realistic about what terrain you’re going to be riding most of the time and get a bike that is designed for that.
Motofinne
4/13/2020 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 11:03pm
I bought a Canyon Strive CF 8.0 Race in the last summer and i love it. I have been mountain biking more than ever now when Covid19 is ruling the world. It's incredibly fun and the workout is serious. a 2½ hour ride will burn well over 2500 kcal! And if you have limited time 1 hour rides will burn about 1000 kcal which.

And the injury risk is way, way smaller when you mountain bike. Even if you crash, the speed that you're going is probably low and you would be unlucky to get injured while doing it. It's a different story if you go to a bike park and start hucking big jumps and drops.

nytsmaC has a legit point regarding trail vs enduro bikes. Don't get an enduro bike if all you do is trails. I can only afford one bike so the Strive with the adjustable geometry works well for me but i would lie if i would say that the bike is a great climber.
Barrett57
4/14/2020 3:23am
Falcon wrote:
Where will you be riding and what seems fun to you? Do you want to race the Tour deFrance but on dirt? Cross Country. Jump BMX...
Where will you be riding and what seems fun to you?
Do you want to race the Tour deFrance but on dirt? Cross Country.
Jump BMX jumps and cruise the hood? DJ (dirt jump).
Pedal to the top and bomb down anything? All Mountain/ trail.
Pedal to the top and race down anything while being timed? Hit the bike parks? Enduro.
Ride the ski lift to the top and bomb down ANYTHING? Hit the bike parks? Downhill.
Cheers for the advice everyone, (sorry to hi-Jack your thread as well ktm) i'm the equivalent of an adult turning up to a Motocross track on an 85 with a road bike helmet and jeans. I know absolutely nothing about it 😂

Apart from riding to the local pub the idea of cycling uphill doesn't really appeal to me. These two places are only an hour from me, and while I'm under no illusions of ever being anywhere near this good this is the stuff that appeals to me.

https://youtu.be/oZQVMNHoGS8

https://youtu.be/Lt5KlcbPAYM
DoctorJD
4/14/2020 4:54am
Not sure how many guys ride mountain bikes here. Picked up a 2020 Specialized StumpJumper ST on Friday afternoon. Somewhat new to mountainbikes but have always...
Not sure how many guys ride mountain bikes here. Picked up a 2020 Specialized StumpJumper ST on Friday afternoon. Somewhat new to mountainbikes but have always been on a 2 wheeler of some sort.

This thing is entry level and bad ass. Rode some decent mountain trails by my house today, very impressed. The dropper seat post is sick. Just wanted to say that im stoked with, "speaking with my wallet."
Great bike! My son has the 2019 ST alloy version. That is a great bike, and he shreds on it. 130mm of travel is more than enough for us east coast riders (unless you're doing resort runs). I actually ride the Camber Carbon 18' model and it has 120mm, but I'm old and I ride mostly XC-type stuff.

Post a reply to: 2020 Specialized StumpJumper ST

The Latest