2020 F1 World Championship

2/21/2020 10:37am
Dual Axis Steering? That’s nothing, I am sure the other teams are running to the FIA about this! Hands Free Communications. LOL

mx617
2/21/2020 12:24pm
mx617 wrote:
One of the articles said toe is the up/down angle of the tires. I always understood that to be camber, with toe being the in/out of...
One of the articles said toe is the up/down angle of the tires. I always understood that to be camber, with toe being the in/out of the front kf the tires. Am I wrong? The article wrong? Just different terminology for f1?
CM_84 wrote:
You are correct.
Here is a good link explaining the Mercedes system.

https://youtu.be/U_uKHNJLSQs
Thanks, that's what I thought. Whoever wrote that article must have been drunk lol

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/26/2020 11:11am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2020 11:14am
If any of you guys are interested in playing fantasy:

https://fantasy.formula1.com

- You can play alone or join/create a league
- Create up to 3 teams
- 5 Drivers
- 1 Constructor
- $100m budget
ocscottie
2/27/2020 8:10pm
LOL 1911, here is some more drama for ya from motorsport.com enjoy Laughing

"Well, well, well – who saw this coming? Mercedes has been the benchmark for all engine manufacturers since the hybrid-turbo era began in 2014. In pre-season testing in Barcelona, however, it seems to have suffered a major reliability wobble.

Today, Lewis Hamilton suffered an “oil pressure anomaly” causing him to stop out on track – an explanation that can cover a multitude of sins, ranging from precautionary shutdown through to catastrophic engine failure. We know from last week that Valtteri Bottas suffered an issue that required a power unit change, while Williams has already run three engines in its test programme due to issues.

With a manufacturer as well-oiled as Mercedes, you just don’t expect problems like this. But with so many moving parts in these technological works of art, there’s plenty of components that can go wrong. Remember, there’s only two weeks until Melbourne… "

Charles Bradley, Global Editor in Chief
motorsport.com
2/28/2020 10:20pm
ocscottie wrote:
LOL 1911, here is some more drama for ya from motorsport.com enjoy :laugh: [i]"Well, well, well – who saw this coming? Mercedes has been the benchmark...
LOL 1911, here is some more drama for ya from motorsport.com enjoy Laughing

"Well, well, well – who saw this coming? Mercedes has been the benchmark for all engine manufacturers since the hybrid-turbo era began in 2014. In pre-season testing in Barcelona, however, it seems to have suffered a major reliability wobble.

Today, Lewis Hamilton suffered an “oil pressure anomaly” causing him to stop out on track – an explanation that can cover a multitude of sins, ranging from precautionary shutdown through to catastrophic engine failure. We know from last week that Valtteri Bottas suffered an issue that required a power unit change, while Williams has already run three engines in its test programme due to issues.

With a manufacturer as well-oiled as Mercedes, you just don’t expect problems like this. But with so many moving parts in these technological works of art, there’s plenty of components that can go wrong. Remember, there’s only two weeks until Melbourne… "

Charles Bradley, Global Editor in Chief
motorsport.com
Great, now I am worried about the team scoring a single point this season. Ha Ha
ocscottie
3/2/2020 6:58am
So did you all read the one about the PR that the FIA released with just 15min to go on the final testing day? Had to do with the Ferrari power unit last year...kinda funny how they thought they could let this one go by without anyone noticing LOL Kinda weird, listen to the wording here:

https://youtu.be/BGREv739k-Q
KMC440
3/2/2020 9:42pm
Ferrari sure is screwed or whining ... if it's their proximity to the "hot" virus zone in N.Italy or their engine performance claims. Expect one hell of an interesting, weird drama filled season...

... and ...

IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED !!
Huevos450R
Fantasy
3321st
3/3/2020 5:55am
ocscottie wrote:
So did you all read the one about the PR that the FIA released with just 15min to go on the final testing day? Had to...
So did you all read the one about the PR that the FIA released with just 15min to go on the final testing day? Had to do with the Ferrari power unit last year...kinda funny how they thought they could let this one go by without anyone noticing LOL Kinda weird, listen to the wording here:

https://youtu.be/BGREv739k-Q
The FIA really dropped the ball on keeping us informed with this. The only little tidbits I found was that Ferrari had been moving the different sensors around on the the ICE unit to hide performance from the telemetry data (trying to hide something). I believe that the only reason this was discovered was from the GPS data that all the teams have access to provided by F1.

For the FIA to not disclose whatever this was means this must be something that they don`t want other teams to be aware of and start developing. It took them the FIA 2-3 months after they confiscated one of the ICE units from Ferrari after the last race to find this with Ferrari's help. lol

I love the part where they seam to make it sound like they`re letting Ferrari show them how they did this to police other teams.

Lets hope that we even get half season with the virus concerns.
ocscottie
3/4/2020 5:37pm
EVERY team is threatening legal action, shits getting deep over the Ferrari PU.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/4/2020 5:45pm
^^^ I read a while back that there's interest from two teams that want to join F1 starting 2021. One of them is Campos Racing who are currently racing in F3 and F2. I don't remember the other one, but if Haas leaves F1 I suppose Campos can fill that void.
BMSOBx2
3/4/2020 5:46pm
Haas is saying this is make-or-break year. Kind of unfortunate because everything changes next year. If they invest everything to try and do well this year they're going to have to pony up big $$ for next year. I don't see that happening. Gene Haas has got bags of money but he's not stupid. With the issues with Ferrari engines things aren't looking up for this year.
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2020 3:03pm
mx617 wrote:
One of the articles said toe is the up/down angle of the tires. I always understood that to be camber, with toe being the in/out of...
One of the articles said toe is the up/down angle of the tires. I always understood that to be camber, with toe being the in/out of the front kf the tires. Am I wrong? The article wrong? Just different terminology for f1?
CM_84 wrote:
You are correct.
Here is a good link explaining the Mercedes system.

https://youtu.be/U_uKHNJLSQs
mx617 wrote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. Whoever wrote that article must have been drunk lol
No, they seem to be changing the toe angle.

Like they can straighten it or run it parallel in the straights, and return it to a toed in condition for the corners.
Toeing in makes for snappier turning. Everyone runs them toed in.
Stuntman949
3/5/2020 5:15pm
Did anyone else ruin the new Drive to Survive series by watching it in one day? Only me? Whistling

Post a reply to: 2020 F1 World Championship

The Latest