2020 F1 World Championship

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2020 1:25 PM

2020 will make 70 years of F1 racing (i thought it was longer?) Here is a couple of the official logos:

Photo

Photo

Only 6 days of pre-season testing:

19th-21st February: Circuit de Catalunya, Spain
26th-28th February: Circuit de Catalunya, Spain

Here is the 22-race calendar with the Dutch Grand Prix and Vietnam Grand Prix making their debuts.

Photo

*Please dont quote this thread, i might add to it.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/3/2020 7:03 PM

March feels like a long time away at the moment, but with Supercross starting it'll get here in a blink of an eye.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

1/3/2020 7:17 PM

That is true, but in between we have car launches, testing, like you said it will all happen so fast. Looking fwd to seeing the car launches to see who comes up with what. Merc is supposed to be high sidepods like the Ferrari. There is quite a lot of bench racing going on, mostly on twitter...Craig Scarburough is a good one to watch.

The Vietnam track looks weird dizzy

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

1/3/2020 7:45 PM

Panama might be getting a GP in 2023. Might replace Mexico since their deal is up after 2022.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/3/2020 8:00 PM

Hanoi Track

5.56 km / 3.45 miles
1.5 km / 0.93 mile straight
Top speed 335 kph / 208.16 mph (projected)
22 turns

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/4/2020 9:14 AM

Zandvoort was a great choice in my humble opinion

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

1/4/2020 1:51 PM

Well I had to get in the new thread.

Hi everybody!

|

1/7/2020 2:49 AM

Verstappen extended his RB deal to 2023

Massive, I didn’t expect him to sign anything till he saw how the RB/Honda looked at the start of next season.

|

1/7/2020 4:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2020 8:29 AM

Posting for notifications... ...hopefully all the teams get their shit together... ...except for Mercedes...

laughing blink w00t

...edit again to add this interesting little tidbit about 2-STROKE F1 engines...

Two-stroke engines & eco-fuel: F1 aims to be greener than Formula E

...edit to add info from 2019 thread about the Formula E Series...

I DVR the Formula E Series. I only watch the race itself, all that freaking crapola at the beginning is just that... ...crapola.
blink

The silly "I-am-diappointed" dances that the TV people make the drivers perform is freaking silly (when a drivers race goes bad, ther TV producers put up this "I-am-mad" dance by the drivers stats, it is so stupid).
whistling

Saw a post by Mav in the Tesla Truck thread from Jesse James' instagram... ...I will try and embed from instagram (I have never done this... ...if this doesn't work check page 8 in the Tesla Truck thread, some intersting information about the amount of fuel required to keep the Formula E Circus powered).
grin

View this post on Instagram

ELECTRIC BOOGALOOS I would like to start of by saying electric cars and motorcycles can F*ck Off!. Ok now that we have that out of the way I can explain exactly why. First and foremost let’s talk about the Ohh so “planet friendly” Formula E racing series. Now at first glance you might think that this “clean” form of racing must be the way of the future, right?? Not so much. Let take a peek at what’s really going on. The very first indication this might be Bullshit is the 20 CAT Diesel generators in the pits running full throttle charging the batteries for these cars. Each car uses two 550 pound Lithium batteries per race. These batteries put out 250KW of power, and have a maximum output of 54KWH (kilowatt hours). On the high side the average U.S. home uses about 20KWH of power per day. One Formula E car, in one race uses four times that in 50 minutes. The recent Hong Kong race had 25 cars on the grid, using fifty 550lb Lithium batteries in 50 minutes. That’s a total of 2700 Kilowatt Hours. Or more than enough to power 10 homes for a month. That’s a lot of juice! Also the five power-plants in Hong Kong are powered by Diesel, Coal, and Gasoline. Whoopsie! Now let’s take a look at these newfangled Lithium batteries. The big companies hawking electric cars and motorcycles would love you to believe that Fossil fuel is so harmful, and electric power is so clean. It’s actually the opposite. We are swapping a carbon monoxide problem that is fixable and controllable. For a toxic Lithium mining that kills wild life, ruins the water table and destroys agriculture. The mining process uses a ton of water. A million gallons of water per 2 metric tons of lithium(Each Tesla has 12 kilos of Lithium). In some South American countries like Chile. Lithium mining uses almost 70% of the countries water supply. Also if you are naive enough to think that there isn’t a bunch of diesel powered machinery used in the process? Think again. These Lithium batteries also leave a toxic footprint on the way out. Contamination of landfills and seeping into the water table.........

A post shared by Jesse James (@popeofwelding) on

|

...do not quote this post 'cause it will be deleted along with your quoted post...
...still participating in the F1 thread, MX history, and threads about tasty critters... ...signature edited on 2019-10-14...

..."Is mediocrity the new gold standard for this generation?"...
..."there is no reason to hide the past, no matter how ugly the past is"...

1/7/2020 7:24 AM

man not so sure that was the smartest move for vercrashem?!??!??! that changes things quite a bit as far as musical rides go.........I predict rickyardo gets Ferrari or Mercedes ride next??

|

1/7/2020 9:25 AM

CM_84 wrote:

Verstappen extended his RB deal to 2023

Massive, I didn’t expect him to sign anything till he saw how the RB/Honda looked at the start of next season.

Signing with Red Bull was going to be risky no matter what since Honda have only committed to supplying engines until 2021.

|

1/7/2020 9:54 AM

Who knows what the pecking order will be after the 2021 rule change but RedBull is not a bad bet to get it right. MV is already the team leader there.. so not a bad decision IMO.

|

1/7/2020 2:08 PM

Photo
|

1/7/2020 3:17 PM

Good to see everyone back here for another year, if only we could just skip 2020 and get right to 2021 when the real changes happen. This year is just kind of a place holder IMO. I want a full shake up!! and dont want to wait a year.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

1/7/2020 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2020 4:31 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Good to see everyone back here for another year, if only we could just skip 2020 and get right to 2021 when the real changes happen. This year is just kind of a place holder IMO. I want a full shake up!! and dont want to wait a year.

|

1/11/2020 9:19 AM

Just four drivers are signed beyond the end of 2020. WOW

So...Seb retires and RIC takes his seat, or does Seb go back to RB? I think he is done, unfortunately!

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

1/11/2020 9:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2020 9:52 AM

5 are signed.

Signed

Verstappen: Red Bull
Ocon: Renault
Perez: Racing Point
Russell: Williams
Leclerc: Ferrari

Open Market

Vettel
Ricciardo
Bottas
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Grosjean
Magnussen
Sainz
Stroll
Albon
Gasly
Kvyat
Giovinazzi
Norris

Unknown

Hulkenberg
Kubica
Alonso
Latifi

|

1/11/2020 12:22 PM

*cough* *cough* hey Mav you *cough* forgot me on the list *cough* *cough* ya wanna fix that whistling

|

1/22/2020 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2020 3:52 PM

-Mercedes is not leaving F1 and will sign the concorde agreement.

-Lewis Hamilton will sign a contract extension with Mercedes until 2022.

-Fernando Alonso is no longer an ambassador for McLaren. Most likely going to move over Andretti Motorsports in the hopes to win the Indy 500.

-Saudi Arabia has reached an agreement with Liberty Media at a cost of €58 million euros a year. It will host a GP in 2021 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It's going to be a street circuit and will officially be known as the Saudi Arabia GP Aramco.

-Saudi Arabia will build a circuit in a mountainous region they hope will be ready for 2023. They want it to be the most spectacular circuit in the world. It's going to have a lot of elevation changes and will also be longer than Spa-Francorchamps. The promoters are also planning to have some really impressive events and facilities that will include swimming pools, aquariums that will pass over the circuit, and more.

|

1/25/2020 4:18 AM

This does not sound very promising, all is not well at the Scuderia.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

1/25/2020 4:20 AM

...and supposedly Renault may have something up their sleeves. whistling

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

1/25/2020 9:24 AM

I would love to see Danny Ric with a competitive car!

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

1/26/2020 2:22 AM

If the rumors are true about the 2025 2 stoke will Honda drop out all together?

|

1/26/2020 6:52 AM

ocscottie wrote:

All of this "we suck - they're great" bullshit is just that ... BULLSHIT ! ! !

Even in testing what have we seen in years past ... "... ohhhh the Merc's are almost a FULL second off..." then come out 2 tenths out in front.

Australia is all that matters. Period.

|

1/26/2020 12:40 PM

Zandvoort last week ... banked corners will be special

|

1/26/2020 4:15 PM

Mugeneco wrote:

That looks amazing

|

1/27/2020 3:09 PM

ocscottie wrote:

KMC440 wrote:

All of this "we suck - they're great" bullshit is just that ... BULLSHIT ! ! !

Even in testing what have we seen in years past ... "... ohhhh the Merc's are almost a FULL second off..." then come out 2 tenths out in front.

Australia is all that matters. Period.

I agree 100%, they know they are just toying with the other teams this whole era.

|

1/29/2020 8:12 PM

|

2/2/2020 12:42 AM

Just please anyone but Hamilton this season
The rest I can live with

|

2/2/2020 5:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 5:10 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

I syp with my little eye at 1:53 - 2:05 ...

hmmmmmmm ...

There it is again at 3:15 ! !

... the mind reels with possibilities 👍

|