2017-18 NBA

APLMAN99
5/27/2018 10:40pm
We were sitting in a bar over over on University Way next to the UW campus watching the game while eating dinner. When Tatum dunked and then went after Lebron to chest bump him, a bunch in the crowd started whooping it up a bit, basically saying that Boston was going to put them away. I told several of them that Tatum just sealed Boston's fate by challenging James to go to an even higher level.

And he did.

48 freakin' minutes of "man of steel" basketball.
G-man
5/27/2018 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 11:56pm
I'm in the White Mountains of Arizona and I've been getting real spotty reception and had to go to the Molly Butler Lodge to watch the game as I did not want to miss history in the making.

And I witnessed Jordan first hand in the Finals against my Suns and am fully where of his legacy and I'm taking nothing away from that with his Championships.

I often made the comparison to watching Babe Ruth in the World Series hitting a homerun, even if you were on the losing side of that you knew deep down you saw history and I appreciate that as a lifelong sports fan that had been going to games since I was 1 year old.

I just think James has had to do it more by himself than Michael did.

TDeath21
5/28/2018 2:58am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 2:58am
LeBron is creeping his way up to the GOAT title with each passing game. Absolutely incredible. This team is so terrible without him and they’re gonna play for all the marbles. Unreal.
ns503
5/28/2018 4:32am
48 freakin' minutes of "man of steel" basketball.

They always bombard you with stats now on broadcasts, but I didn't hear mention of this. How often does someone play the whole 48? In a playoff game, in a game 7, dominating, no less? Did MJ do it? Maybe he did, I just don't remember it.

I don't think I remember watching anyone playing the whole 48 at any time. Even watching my kids play school ball. My memory ain't what it used to be though....

The Shop

BMSOBx2
5/28/2018 7:04am
While I'm not a fan of LeBrons bully ball style of play you got to give it to him. He carried this team on his back for 48 minutes. What a performance. Now let's hope that my Warriors can make it to meet him one more time.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/28/2018 8:30am
tcannon521 wrote:
I don’t understand how James Harden does not foul out within his first 10 offensive possessions. He extends his lead arm into a defender every time...
I don’t understand how James Harden does not foul out within his first 10 offensive possessions. He extends his lead arm into a defender every time and most times he blatantly pushes them off. It’s really ugly basketball to watch in my opinion.

Hopefully Andre Iguodala is back for game 7. He’s so important to their defense and his athleticism on offense is underrated by most.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Harden is definitely one of those guys you sorta hate if he's not on "your team" but you love if he is. His flopping makes me...
Harden is definitely one of those guys you sorta hate if he's not on "your team" but you love if he is.

His flopping makes me think he'd have been a great soccer player if he'd have chosen that sport instead.
As a fan of whoever Dwayne Wade plays for and the Warriors (fun to watch them play) I can honestly say I hope Harden is never associated with either of them. I will say, him getting away from the Kardashian’s because he cared more about basketball than paparazzi fame was impressive to me.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/28/2018 8:32am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
While I'm not a fan of LeBrons bully ball style of play you got to give it to him. He carried this team on his back...
While I'm not a fan of LeBrons bully ball style of play you got to give it to him. He carried this team on his back for 48 minutes. What a performance. Now let's hope that my Warriors can make it to meet him one more time.
If he didn’t play that way right now how else would they make the finals?
BMSOBx2
5/28/2018 8:53am
tcannon521 wrote:
If he didn’t play that way right now how else would they make the finals?
True but he's been doing it all his career. Kind of reminds me of the Shaq days where he just stuck his butt out and bumped and banged his way into the lane for a turnaround jumper. In Shaq's case a dunk. Not interesting to watch and the refs apparently don't call offensive fouls on him.
gabrielito
5/28/2018 8:56am
Lebron is a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him look this healthy and motivated. However, the East is weak and the Celtics were missing their two best players so we need to wait another series to crown him the Goat. If he beats Golden Sate singlehandidly then you can but not before.
BMSOBx2
5/28/2018 8:27pm
gabrielito wrote:
Lebron is a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him look this healthy and motivated. However, the East is weak and the Celtics were missing...
Lebron is a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him look this healthy and motivated. However, the East is weak and the Celtics were missing their two best players so we need to wait another series to crown him the Goat. If he beats Golden Sate singlehandidly then you can but not before.
Yeah, gonna to be tough to beat the Warriors single-handedly. Might have just seen the NBA finals. Go Warriors.
ns503
5/29/2018 4:10am
gabrielito wrote:
Lebron is a one man wrecking crew. I haven't seen him look this healthy and motivated. However, the East is weak and the Celtics were missing...
Think I disagree.

Could beat the Warriors singlehandidly? That doesn't seem to be a fair test, after all the Warriors are bordering on being a Dynasty themselves - something else that might not get wide acceptance until years later, looking back.
Crush
5/29/2018 6:50am
Warriors in a route... unless the Cavs other 14 have been playing the most convincing game of possum ever... I don't know about Goat but Lebron is Rushmore for sure.... likely won't matter.

Felt bad for CP today. Has Warriors where he wants them but ultimately sits out a game watching KD and co go through in a situation that was basically blocked for him in 2011...
mxb2
5/29/2018 7:31am
Warriors win title in 6.
ns503
5/29/2018 9:19am
I actually think the Warriors might sweep. To me, James really looked like he was running out of gas at the end of that last game, don't think I had seen that in him like that before. And whenever he runs out of gas, the Cavs are burnt toast. Very much especially if Love doesn't come back - and even if he does, I don't think he will be up to potential. Head injuries have a way of doing that.
G-man
5/29/2018 9:29am
Yeah that was a good game, Houston depends too much on the 3-point shot and as what always has been said you live or die by the 3. No mid-range game to depend on.

Bummer for Chris Paul having to watch this game on the sidelines he is their leader and he would have made a difference but that's part of the game is injuries.

So just what I did not want to happen did, same teams in the finals for four consecutive years that sucks.

LeBron is outmanned against the Super team with four All Stars.

Warriors in Five.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/30/2018 5:06am
G-man wrote:
Yeah that was a good game, Houston depends too much on the 3-point shot and as what always has been said you live or die by...
Yeah that was a good game, Houston depends too much on the 3-point shot and as what always has been said you live or die by the 3. No mid-range game to depend on.

Bummer for Chris Paul having to watch this game on the sidelines he is their leader and he would have made a difference but that's part of the game is injuries.

So just what I did not want to happen did, same teams in the finals for four consecutive years that sucks.

LeBron is outmanned against the Super team with four All Stars.

Warriors in Five.
Fatigue was the Rockets main issue in this series. They couldn’t play defense at the pace they did without burning out during the 2nd half. That’s the Warriors number one weapon, making the other team run the baseline through screens 1-3 times each possession. They basically had no legs left for offense especially 3 pointers.

As for CP3 getting hurt, it sucks but remember Andre Iguadola missed 3 games in this series as well. He is basically the CP3 of the Warriors. If he can’t play against the Cavs it will be hard for them to defend lebron. He’s easily the best defender in the league against Lebron.
gabrielito
5/30/2018 7:26am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 7:27am
gabrielito wrote:
ns503 wrote:
Think I disagree. Could beat the Warriors singlehandidly? That doesn't seem to be a fair test, after all the Warriors are bordering on being a Dynasty...
Think I disagree.

Could beat the Warriors singlehandidly? That doesn't seem to be a fair test, after all the Warriors are bordering on being a Dynasty themselves - something else that might not get wide acceptance until years later, looking back.
I get that it isn't fair in a team sport, but he has to do something spectacular to best Jordan's undefeated in six championships. it would have been eight in a row had Jordan not been forced to take a leave of absence. James is dominant but so was Wilt Chamberlain. If LeBron loses this championship his record in the finals will be three championships to six loses. Bill Russell, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, all those dudes have something to say. Russell won eleven championships in a thirteen year career.

APLMAN99
5/30/2018 12:15pm
Jordan wasn’t forced to take a leave of absence, he chose to. Even if you are implying that it may have been a preemptive avoidance of a gambling suspension....

As for numbers of titles, should we all believe that Robert Horry is better than either of those guys?
gabrielito
5/30/2018 1:26pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Jordan wasn’t forced to take a leave of absence, he chose to. Even if you are implying that it may have been a preemptive avoidance of...
Jordan wasn’t forced to take a leave of absence, he chose to. Even if you are implying that it may have been a preemptive avoidance of a gambling suspension....

As for numbers of titles, should we all believe that Robert Horry is better than either of those guys?
Titles aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. Big Shot Bob found his way onto a lot of good teams. The other guys you are equating him with are Hall of Famers' that were key to their teams' success. LeBron is freak of nature but Jordan and Russell especially were far more successful and better all around players. LeBron is much more like Wilt Chamberlain and Shaq then he is like Jordan and Russell. Magic and Duncan were better as well. Is LeBron top five all time? not yet, but his career isn't finished so he can still climb the ladder. This series will be career defining. If he loses again for the sixth time then he is kind of in the Buffalo Bills sort of category.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/30/2018 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 2:03pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Jordan wasn’t forced to take a leave of absence, he chose to. Even if you are implying that it may have been a preemptive avoidance of...

gabrielito wrote:
Titles aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. Big Shot Bob found his way onto a lot of good teams. The other guys you are equating...
Titles aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. Big Shot Bob found his way onto a lot of good teams. The other guys you are equating him with are Hall of Famers' that were key to their teams' success. LeBron is freak of nature but Jordan and Russell especially were far more successful and better all around players. LeBron is much more like Wilt Chamberlain and Shaq then he is like Jordan and Russell. Magic and Duncan were better as well. Is LeBron top five all time? not yet, but his career isn't finished so he can still climb the ladder. This series will be career defining. If he loses again for the sixth time then he is kind of in the Buffalo Bills sort of category.
Please explain how LeBron is more like Shaq than Jordan.... LeBron probably brings the ball up double the times Jordan did a game during his career. LeBron has a higher FG and 3PT percentage and also averaged 2 more assists a game over his career than Jordan. As for Magic and Duncan, I don’t even know where to start but personally if all 3 are in their prime right now no one in their right mind picks Magic or Duncan over LeBron to build a team around.

Russell was an all time great but he’s too far removed to compare with any of these guys.

No comment on this series being career defining...
gabrielito
5/30/2018 4:13pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
Titles aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. Big Shot Bob found his way onto a lot of good teams. The other guys you are equating...
tcannon521 wrote:
Please explain how LeBron is more like Shaq than Jordan.... LeBron probably brings the ball up double the times Jordan did a game during his career...
Please explain how LeBron is more like Shaq than Jordan.... LeBron probably brings the ball up double the times Jordan did a game during his career. LeBron has a higher FG and 3PT percentage and also averaged 2 more assists a game over his career than Jordan. As for Magic and Duncan, I don’t even know where to start but personally if all 3 are in their prime right now no one in their right mind picks Magic or Duncan over LeBron to build a team around.

Russell was an all time great but he’s too far removed to compare with any of these guys.

And nobody who wants to win more titles than they lose would pick LeBron because LeBron is not a team player. LeBron's style and personality doesn't work well within a team. He is a very good player and because he is so physically dominating it appears he is better than he is. Year in and year out this guy loses to teams that function as a unit. Magic and Duncan made others on their team better, LeBron doesn't. If there was a one on one league than he probably would be the goat but being there is not, it's a stretch to put him in the top five all time.
Crush
5/31/2018 9:36pm
LeBron is a freak.
G-man
5/31/2018 9:57pm
Wow the Cavs had the game LeBron unbelievable performance 51 points and freaking Hill and
Smith choked with seconds to go!

APLMAN99
5/31/2018 10:24pm
"LeBron is not a team player", said no one who has actually watched the man play basketball for the last 15 or so years.......

If anything, he's too much of a team player at times, and not quite selfish enough.
G-man
5/31/2018 11:28pm
The world must be ending soon because I agree with everything you just said hahaha Grinning

There were times when LeBron could have continued on and made the shot instead he passes to a teammate only to have them CLANG it off the rim.
G-man
5/31/2018 11:30pm
I wonder if the refs were paid off in this game....?

Many bad calls, but in the final minute of a Finals game these refs should not be getting it wrong!

First LeBron drives to the basket makes the shot and they waived it off called a foul on him.

Then on the other end Durant clearly charges into LeBron one ref called it a charge against Golden State but the other ref called a block!

Reviewed and overturned it after a replay which should not even happen!

That's a four-point swing with under a minute to go in the NBA finals and it decided the game freaking BULLSHIT!

I can not fathom what the Cleveland fans are going through right now....

https://deadspin.com/that-was-a-fucked-up-way-for-lebron-to-lose-182647…

Samuel
6/1/2018 5:17am
gabrielito wrote:
tcannon521 wrote:
Please explain how LeBron is more like Shaq than Jordan.... LeBron probably brings the ball up double the times Jordan did a game during his career...

gabrielito wrote:
And nobody who wants to win more titles than they lose would pick LeBron because LeBron is not a team player. LeBron's style and personality doesn't...
And nobody who wants to win more titles than they lose would pick LeBron because LeBron is not a team player. LeBron's style and personality doesn't work well within a team. He is a very good player and because he is so physically dominating it appears he is better than he is. Year in and year out this guy loses to teams that function as a unit. Magic and Duncan made others on their team better, LeBron doesn't. If there was a one on one league than he probably would be the goat but being there is not, it's a stretch to put him in the top five all time.
LeBron isn't known as a one on one player. You're thinking of Harden or Kobe. LeBron is one of the best all around players to ever play. You are also holding the poor management of Cleveland against LeBron. He's a phenomenal player, better than Duncan or Magic according to literally every analyst and expert that exists. Most of his losses have come to the Warriors and the Spurs, which were some of the best teams to ever play. I think you've been listening to Skip Bayless.
gabrielito
6/1/2018 6:20am
APLMAN99 wrote:
"LeBron is not a team player", said no one who has actually watched the man play basketball for the last 15 or so years....... If anything...
"LeBron is not a team player", said no one who has actually watched the man play basketball for the last 15 or so years.......

If anything, he's too much of a team player at times, and not quite selfish enough.
We all have opinions, my opinion comes from people who absolutely would know what type of player LeBron is. Their opinions match what history shows. It is much more than what you see on the court. The Cavs do whatever LeBron wants. What LeBron wants is only what's best for LeBron and not the team. They don't even really have a coach. Yes you are correct that LeBron is the most physically gifted basketball player, however there is literally no strategy to what they do. That is where his non-team player approach is most evident. He tells the other players what he wants them to do. The coach does what ever LeBron wants him to do. That is why he loses more championships than he wins.
mxb2
6/1/2018 6:26am
APLMAN99 wrote:
"LeBron is not a team player", said no one who has actually watched the man play basketball for the last 15 or so years....... If anything...

gabrielito wrote:
We all have opinions, my opinion comes from people who absolutely would know what type of player LeBron is. Their opinions match what history shows. It...
We all have opinions, my opinion comes from people who absolutely would know what type of player LeBron is. Their opinions match what history shows. It is much more than what you see on the court. The Cavs do whatever LeBron wants. What LeBron wants is only what's best for LeBron and not the team. They don't even really have a coach. Yes you are correct that LeBron is the most physically gifted basketball player, however there is literally no strategy to what they do. That is where his non-team player approach is most evident. He tells the other players what he wants them to do. The coach does what ever LeBron wants him to do. That is why he loses more championships than he wins.
X2,. Cavs coach is a ghost lol. Lue justs stands their, no clue how he got a head coaching job.
gabrielito
6/1/2018 6:27am
APLMAN99 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
We all have opinions, my opinion comes from people who absolutely would know what type of player LeBron is. Their opinions match what history shows. It...
mxb2 wrote:
X2,. Cavs coach is a ghost lol. Lue justs stands their, no clue how he got a head coaching job.
LeBron needs a coach that just stands there.

Post a reply to: 2017-18 NBA

The Latest