'20/21 NFL Season

9/20/2020 1:56pm
Just like a normal person, I don't like the Cowboys, but I would of been happy to see McCarthy get the win
Mike “Massage” McCarthy? Was glad to see him leave Green Bay. That was a messy breakup if there ever was one.
JeremyK
9/20/2020 5:03pm
WOW, what a game ,KC squeaked out a win.
APLMAN99
9/20/2020 8:32pm
Wow, that SEA/NE game definitely lived up to expectations!

Newton is going to do really, really well in NE.
Stuntman949
9/21/2020 7:09am
Hindsight is 20/20 but Cam running the ball seemed like an odd choice

The Shop

agn5009
9/21/2020 9:29am
Yeah, Seattle clearly expected the run from Cam. And its not like they were on the 1 foot line. That play was doomed from the start.
peelout
9/21/2020 9:39am
Lions looking good for another 0-16 season

can't believe Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn still have a job
APLMAN99
9/21/2020 10:40am
I will say that Jamal Adams has the potential to make Seahawks fans almost forget about the legend of Earl Thomas......

That guy is scary good at following the ball and playing physical. I almost agree with the folks who exaggerate and say that the Seahawks didn't give up enough for him!

Even with that depleted secondary (and despite my fellow Seahawks fans complaining, the DQ of Diggs was warranted) he really brought a different intensity to that group. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Shaquill Griffin is quite up to speed yet, though. Hopefully he can get things sorted because this is his season to ask for the big second contract and it sounds like he is thinking that he is going to be getting some "top 5 CB" money, which I hope the Seahawks don't fold to. He's serviceable, but he's not a top 5 guy........
9/21/2020 10:47am
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, Seattle clearly expected the run from Cam. And its not like they were on the 1 foot line. That play was doomed from the start.
I have a friend who’s son played against Cam while at JuCo. He would say y’all are wrong. Cam is weird but the man is a freak of nature.
G-man
9/21/2020 11:31am
WoW Cards are 2-0 and Kyler Murray has turned out to be the most exciting QB in the League! Woohoo

I havta admit I was wrong last yr when he first played as a rookie in the pre-season. He seemed so small and overwhelmed in those first 3 games. But he gained confidence and soon showed his potential. Dude has a great arm and is very accurate and can scramble with the best of them. With his baseball background he is really good at sliding to avoid the BIG HIT.

What a pickup DeAndre Hopkins was and he just set a record!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Ex-…
G-man
9/21/2020 12:20pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Wow, that SEA/NE game definitely lived up to expectations!

Newton is going to do really, really well in NE.
Good game!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/21/2020 1:22pm
JeremyK wrote:
WOW, what a game ,KC squeaked out a win.
...Barely beat THE CHARGERS. I mean, WTF???
ProKawi24
9/21/2020 1:35pm
One thing's for sure...My Bears are by far the worst 2-0 team in the league. We pulled a miracle out of our ass to beat Peely's Lions and nearly blew a big lead to the shitty Giants who were without their starting RB and best WR.

We play the Falcons next and I expect a blowout. They're gonna be super pissed about that massive collapse to the Cowgirls. Our QB can only play 1 decent quarter a game, our defense looks lost out there, special teams is garbage. With the schedule getting tougher I fully expect us not to win another game until November.
APLMAN99
9/21/2020 3:29pm
G-man wrote:
WoW Cards are 2-0 and Kyler Murray has turned out to be the most exciting QB in the League! :woohoo: I havta admit I was wrong...
WoW Cards are 2-0 and Kyler Murray has turned out to be the most exciting QB in the League! Woohoo

I havta admit I was wrong last yr when he first played as a rookie in the pre-season. He seemed so small and overwhelmed in those first 3 games. But he gained confidence and soon showed his potential. Dude has a great arm and is very accurate and can scramble with the best of them. With his baseball background he is really good at sliding to avoid the BIG HIT.

What a pickup DeAndre Hopkins was and he just set a record!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Ex-…
Not sure that I'd call him more exciting than Wilson........

But the kid is definitely on a roll!

As for QBs, it'll be interesting to see if Newton continues to work well with Belichick and also to see if Josh Allen continues his good start to the season. Also wondering how Prescott's year/contract will play out. He has put up pretty good numbers, and he's obviously a top 5-10 QB, but the telling thing about his season last year is that of the top 32 QBs in the league last year, only 4 of them had 0 4th quarter comebacks and 0 game winning drives. He was one of them.

Being in the same club as Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, and Andy Dalton isn't a good thing at this stage of their careers!

I'm sure that the Cowboys will back up the Brinks truck for him, but damn.......

agn5009
9/21/2020 3:35pm
agn5009 wrote:
I have a friend who’s son played against Cam while at JuCo. He would say y’all are wrong. Cam is weird but the man is a...
I have a friend who’s son played against Cam while at JuCo. He would say y’all are wrong. Cam is weird but the man is a freak of nature.
Oh there ain't no doubt about that. I love Cam Newton (dont really like the Pats though.) I just feel like it was a bad call. Everyone from Seatles defense, the announcers and little old me sitting at home knew exactly what the Pats we gonna do. Clearly it was the wrong call since Cam didn't even get close to getting into the end zone.
G-man
9/21/2020 3:37pm
"Not sure that I'd call him more exciting than Wilson"

I think he is just because he is so young and unpredictable.

Did not say he was the better QB as Wilson has been through it all and is very polished, him and Mahomes are at the top imo.
ATKpilot99
9/21/2020 4:15pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
One thing's for sure...My Bears are by far the worst 2-0 team in the league. We pulled a miracle out of our ass to beat Peely's...
One thing's for sure...My Bears are by far the worst 2-0 team in the league. We pulled a miracle out of our ass to beat Peely's Lions and nearly blew a big lead to the shitty Giants who were without their starting RB and best WR.

We play the Falcons next and I expect a blowout. They're gonna be super pissed about that massive collapse to the Cowgirls. Our QB can only play 1 decent quarter a game, our defense looks lost out there, special teams is garbage. With the schedule getting tougher I fully expect us not to win another game until November.
Bear fan here too behind the cheese curtain , grew up in the Chicago burbs. Yeah I have no confidence at all in them against a good team either . Their defense which is supposed to be their strength doesn't get consistent pressure on the QB and against an offense like Atlanta that's a problem. The only glimmer of hope is it looks like Atlanta's D pretty much sucks but in a shootout I don't give them much of a chance.
ocscottie
9/21/2020 4:38pm
49ers had 21 of 22 starters return and almost half of them are out by week 2, What a catastrophe!

Bosa was confirmed ACL, out for season. He was the leader of that defense. He isnt replaceable.

Time to move on I guess, Might jump on the Chargers bandwagon, been a Herbert fan since his Oregon days, love that kid and what a game! Got the other Bosa brother there too.

How about that SoFi stadium? 5BILLION dollars!! Hell Cowboy stadium was 1.5, thats freaking crazy talk!

Im rambling, couple beers deep Silly
APLMAN99
9/21/2020 5:29pm
agn5009 wrote:
I have a friend who’s son played against Cam while at JuCo. He would say y’all are wrong. Cam is weird but the man is a...
What would he say that they were wrong about?

I think everyone expected Newton to keep the ball, and he did. The Seahawks were fully sold out on him keeping the ball as well.

If they would have played with any thought that he would pass, he'd have probably gotten in.

I don't think that NE believed that Seattle's 3rd string free safety could beat his blocker and turn the play inside. I didn't really think that he could either, but I'm glad that he did!!!!!
peelout
9/22/2020 7:49am
they mentioned on the broadcast last night that the NFL fined 3 head coaches $100k each and their teams $250k each for violating the face mask rule.

what a fucking farce.

let's test these guys daily, then let them get into very close physical contact with one another, then fine the living shit out of them for not wearing a mask that is doing fuck-all on the sidelines.

unreal
ocscottie
9/22/2020 1:34pm
"JUST WIN BABY!!" Wow I didnt think the Raiders had a chance last night, shows how much I know lol.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
9/22/2020 3:40pm
ocscottie wrote:
49ers had 21 of 22 starters return and almost half of them are out by week 2, What a catastrophe! Bosa was confirmed ACL, out for...
49ers had 21 of 22 starters return and almost half of them are out by week 2, What a catastrophe!

Bosa was confirmed ACL, out for season. He was the leader of that defense. He isnt replaceable.

Time to move on I guess, Might jump on the Chargers bandwagon, been a Herbert fan since his Oregon days, love that kid and what a game! Got the other Bosa brother there too.

How about that SoFi stadium? 5BILLION dollars!! Hell Cowboy stadium was 1.5, thats freaking crazy talk!

Im rambling, couple beers deep Silly
SOFI is a stadium I want to go to and the 49ers player their at least once a year so when the Niners are back to full strength and they allow fans to to attend games I will be checking it out.
All the injuries last Sunday sucked, decimated a good team.
I have been a Niner fan for over 50 years and was looking forward to this season and possibly a little redemption for last Super bowl
Red and Gold until I'm dead and cold!
ProKawi24
9/22/2020 6:29pm
ocscottie wrote:
"JUST WIN BABY!!" Wow I didnt think the Raiders had a chance last night, shows how much I know lol.
I did NOT expect the Raiders to beat the Saints...never ever would of guessed. Maybe the Saints have more holes than we expected or possibly the Raiders are better than we expected???
9/22/2020 7:35pm
agn5009 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
What would he say that they were wrong about? I think everyone expected Newton to keep the ball, and he did. The Seahawks were fully sold...

I think everyone expected Newton to keep the ball, and he did. The Seahawks were fully sold out on him keeping the ball as well.

If they would have played with any thought that he would pass, he'd have probably gotten in.

I don't think that NE believed that Seattle's 3rd string free safety could beat his blocker and turn the play inside. I didn't really think that he could either, but I'm glad that he did!!!!!
Players like Cam are the kind that can tell you the play they are running and still beat you. He is/was a game changer. Or something along those lines.
APLMAN99
9/23/2020 5:45pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
What would he say that they were wrong about? I think everyone expected Newton to keep the ball, and he did. The Seahawks were fully sold...

Players like Cam are the kind that can tell you the play they are running and still beat you. He is/was a game changer. Or something...
Players like Cam are the kind that can tell you the play they are running and still beat you. He is/was a game changer. Or something along those lines.
Except when he can’t, obviously.

Nobody is downplaying Newton’s talents or abilities in this discussion. Newton is an incredible athlete, and a huge guy at that position, but he isn’t superhuman.

I’m pretty sure that your friend’s son is absolutely correct that he was pretty unstoppable at the JC level. But the NFL has a lot more talented competitors than JC football does......
9/24/2020 9:27am
APLMAN99 wrote:

Players like Cam are the kind that can tell you the play they are running and still beat you. He is/was a game changer. Or something...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Except when he can’t, obviously. Nobody is downplaying Newton’s talents or abilities in this discussion. Newton is an incredible athlete, and a huge guy at that...

Nobody is downplaying Newton’s talents or abilities in this discussion. Newton is an incredible athlete, and a huge guy at that position, but he isn’t superhuman.

I’m pretty sure that your friend’s son is absolutely correct that he was pretty unstoppable at the JC level. But the NFL has a lot more talented competitors than JC football does......
Yes of ‘course there’s better players on average in the NFL - it just struck me as odd for this kid to have said what he said - to be in awe of anyone - the kid was cocky as hell and had some serious skills too - but anyway.

Nobody seems to remember or at least I haven’t read anywhere yet(I don’t seek out news on either team) - do you think the decision to call that particular play had something to do with - what SB was it - when Pete Carroll didn’t hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch - and instead decided to pass and lost the game to the Patriots on a pick? I’ll bet it did - Belichek probably goes over that moment in his head at least a couple times a week prior to playing against Carroll.

These situations are rehearsed ad nauseam in camp and in prep for a game (2 minute drill). Belichek plays the odds and knows his team and his opponent as well. To say - it was a dumb play call everybody knew what was coming - well yeah ok fine.

There’s no reason to get fancy - put it in the hands of your best guy and I don’t care if you know what’s coming. Something Carroll should have done. And something Belichek obviously will do.

Yes everybody knew Cam was going to try and run it in. Cam is still the man you want running the ball in this situation. And being a QB in the NFL and having plays for you to run the ball kind of makes him superhuman - at least at the QB position. He wasn’t sneaking it in - and it wasn’t a sweep. I’ll bet no other team has a play like that in their playbook - know why? Because they don’t have Cam Newton as their QB.
9/24/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2020 9:45am
Yes of ‘course there’s better players on average in the NFL - it just struck me as odd for this kid to have said what he...
Yes of ‘course there’s better players on average in the NFL - it just struck me as odd for this kid to have said what he said - to be in awe of anyone - the kid was cocky as hell and had some serious skills too - but anyway.

Nobody seems to remember or at least I haven’t read anywhere yet(I don’t seek out news on either team) - do you think the decision to call that particular play had something to do with - what SB was it - when Pete Carroll didn’t hand the ball off to Marshawn Lynch - and instead decided to pass and lost the game to the Patriots on a pick? I’ll bet it did - Belichek probably goes over that moment in his head at least a couple times a week prior to playing against Carroll.

These situations are rehearsed ad nauseam in camp and in prep for a game (2 minute drill). Belichek plays the odds and knows his team and his opponent as well. To say - it was a dumb play call everybody knew what was coming - well yeah ok fine.

There’s no reason to get fancy - put it in the hands of your best guy and I don’t care if you know what’s coming. Something Carroll should have done. And something Belichek obviously will do.

Yes everybody knew Cam was going to try and run it in. Cam is still the man you want running the ball in this situation. And being a QB in the NFL and having plays for you to run the ball kind of makes him superhuman - at least at the QB position. He wasn’t sneaking it in - and it wasn’t a sweep. I’ll bet no other team has a play like that in their playbook - know why? Because they don’t have Cam Newton as their QB.
Ill take your bet, i would imagine at least half the league has the "not a qb sweep" in their playbook.... seahawks, texans, etc
9/24/2020 11:15am
Yes of ‘course there’s better players on average in the NFL - it just struck me as odd for this kid to have said what he...

Ill take your bet, i would imagine at least half the league has the "not a qb sweep" in their playbook.... seahawks, texans, etc
Don’t forget Arizona - but no way O’Brien or Carroll runs their QBs off tackle in a goal line situation. Cam is big enough to take it - Deshaun has already been hurt (knee) and spends enough time running for his life and Wilson is too small(plays large though). They wouldn’t hazard their QBs like that intentionally but with Cam he’s big enough that you don’t even give it a second thought.
Ted722
9/24/2020 6:47pm
Not a Miami or Jacksonville fan, but I'm a fan of seeing fans in the stands!
APLMAN99
9/24/2020 8:17pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Except when he can’t, obviously. Nobody is downplaying Newton’s talents or abilities in this discussion. Newton is an incredible athlete, and a huge guy at that...

Not sure if you were watching the same game or not.

The play wasn’t a play designed for a “power” QB. When the Patriots executed the play as planned, Newton got into the end zone without getting touched. The last time, Seattle knew what was coming, made the proper corrections m, and stuffed the play. That was the only time of those plays that Newton was touched.

I’m a Newton fan, but I’m still trying to figure out what you are claiming that your acquaintance would have disagreed with.
BobbyLight
9/25/2020 12:00am
God the panthers suck. Cam might have over thrown half his passes 20 feet above the receiver’s head but Teddy just throws them right to the defenders. Now Mccaffrey is hurt as well. Hope we tank for Trevor.

Post a reply to: '20/21 NFL Season

The Latest