'20/21 NBA Season

Crush
2/11/2021 4:33pm
G-man wrote:
WoW another nail-biter!:woohoo: Against the Bucks who are pretty dang good with the Freak, had a 5 game winning streak. we have won 4 straight and...
WoW another nail-biter!Woohoo Against the Bucks who are pretty dang good with the Freak, had a 5 game winning streak.

we have won 4 straight and now 7 of 8 and trying to claw back. Still 4th in the West.
Fuckin Middleton was wide open for a 3 or a step in jumper too!
G-man
2/11/2021 7:43pm
ocscottie wrote:
I caught the 4th qtr Gary, good game, when The Freak went up for the jumper i LOL'd.
I'm too old for these weekday nail-biters! Blink

Yeah I couldn't believe the Freak went for the jump shot! Woohoo

just the previous possession he had the ball and jammed it through the rim!

Did not have a good feeling when they had the timeout and then he shoots a jump shot thank God!!! Laughing
ocscottie
2/11/2021 10:33pm
Curry is playing phenomena. Get this, he has 17 career games with 10+ 3s made. Klay is second with 5. No one else has more than 3 in the history of basketball!

He put up 40 tonight.
ocscottie
2/12/2021 9:42pm
Damn Jazz beat down the Bucks. They are truly rolling!

The Shop

Crush
2/13/2021 4:13am
ocscottie wrote:
Curry is playing phenomena. Get this, he has 17 career games with 10+ 3s made. Klay is second with 5. No one else has more than...
Curry is playing phenomena. Get this, he has 17 career games with 10+ 3s made. Klay is second with 5. No one else has more than 3 in the history of basketball!

He put up 40 tonight.
What's Curry's usage rate? Has to be high for him i'd imagine?
ocscottie
2/13/2021 10:37am
He is playing 33min per game. He plays all the 1 and 3 qtrs and barely half the 2nd and 4th.
ocscottie
2/13/2021 3:27pm
Curry's 3 point records:

The only record he doesnt have is most in a game, thats Klay at 14.

Crush
2/13/2021 4:24pm
Did another one... Thought it might have had a bit of a jump tbh, which means the others are actually doing more than you might think.

Be good to see Klay back to see what this team is like now. Draymond has wound the clock back for sure.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/stephen-curry-usage-rate-by-year
G-man
2/13/2021 7:07pm
Suns are back to playing good ball and have gotten away from shooting too many 3 pointers. They are actually driving to the hoop Ayton is playing good and their defense has been great as well

On their recent streak they have beaten the East #1, 2 and 4 teams. Phily is tough and Embid is a Load.

Booker has been balling in more ways then one and he schooled Ben with 36 pts today. Laughing

I'm still not thrilled that he's drilling someone from the Wack Pack!!! 🙄😛

G-man
2/13/2021 9:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 11:14pm
ocscottie wrote:
Curry's 3 point records: The only record he doesnt have is most in a game, thats Klay at 14. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/13/478492/s1200_idevgk0nx6h61.jpg[/img]
Curry's 3 point records:

The only record he doesnt have is most in a game, thats Klay at 14.

I use to like Curry his first few seasons in the league and yes he is probably the best pure shooter the NBA has ever seen.

But I just can get past the way he has the mouthguard always hanging out of his mouth and seems kinda cocky. 😬

Edit
I suppose if Curry was on the Suns (we tried to trade for him on draft day) it wouldn't bother me so much. Smile
Crush
2/14/2021 6:11am
G-man wrote:
Suns are back to playing good ball and have gotten away from shooting too many 3 pointers. They are actually driving to the hoop Ayton is...
Suns are back to playing good ball and have gotten away from shooting too many 3 pointers. They are actually driving to the hoop Ayton is playing good and their defense has been great as well

On their recent streak they have beaten the East #1, 2 and 4 teams. Phily is tough and Embid is a Load.

Booker has been balling in more ways then one and he schooled Ben with 36 pts today. Laughing

I always find it weird that famous people all seem to fuck the same famous people... like there are 7.5 billion people, you can’t find someone who’s hot and even a little bit famous? Instead these dudes all wanna see what’s in the Kardashian box? And even more so when we know it’s mostly crazy.
G-man
2/14/2021 10:03am
G-man wrote:
Suns are back to playing good ball and have gotten away from shooting too many 3 pointers. They are actually driving to the hoop Ayton is...

Crush wrote:
I always find it weird that famous people all seem to fuck the same famous people... like there are 7.5 billion people, you can’t find someone...
I always find it weird that famous people all seem to fuck the same famous people... like there are 7.5 billion people, you can’t find someone who’s hot and even a little bit famous? Instead these dudes all wanna see what’s in the Kardashian box? And even more so when we know it’s mostly crazy.
Yea I don't have a good feeling about it....

At some point things are going to go haywire and I just hope it doesn't fuck up Books game he is balling right now! Woohoo

Crush
2/14/2021 10:17pm
FFS.... AD out with an achilles... I hope it's not bad.
G-man
2/15/2021 12:08pm
Crush wrote:
FFS.... AD out with an achilles... I hope it's not bad.
Crush,
Don't tell me you're a Laker fan!!!Woohoo

Aren't you from Down Under?
G-man
2/15/2021 12:11pm
WoW are You freaking kidding me they have us in 2nd in the power rankings!!!
My gawd for not having a sniff of the playoffs for 10 years to this!!!! Woohoo

Don't get me wrong I do not think the Suns are ready yet to battle for a championship but just to be in the playoffs would be a nice change from where we have been.

It's been a long road....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931640-nba-power-rankings-dark-hor…
Crush
2/15/2021 6:45pm
G-man wrote:
Crush,
Don't tell me you're a Laker fan!!!Woohoo

Aren't you from Down Under?
No, big LeBron fan though... and more than that, a debate fan.

I want him to get to 6, because then the GOAT debates will be endlessly entertaining...

I still have MJ as the GOAT, and growing up in the 80s and 90s it was hard not to be a fan... my older mates were all Lakers fans so they were the enemy haha...

I just enjoy the banter and pointing out the hypocrisy of people dismissing either case, either way as silly. I enjoy the chat.
G-man
2/15/2021 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2021 8:01pm
Crush wrote:
No, big LeBron fan though... and more than that, a debate fan. I want him to get to 6, because then the GOAT debates will be...

I want him to get to 6, because then the GOAT debates will be endlessly entertaining...

I still have MJ as the GOAT, and growing up in the 80s and 90s it was hard not to be a fan... my older mates were all Lakers fans so they were the enemy haha...

I just enjoy the banter and pointing out the hypocrisy of people dismissing either case, either way as silly. I enjoy the chat.
Ok
Yea I was never a LeBron hater and never did quite understand it until he joined the Lakers haha.

Yeah Michael is the Goat and always will be in my opinion as he never jumped from team to team and surrounded himself with All-stars. Scottie was drafted by the Bulls.

Growing up in SoCal you couldn't help but be a Laker fan and the Finals with Magic and Bird was and is some of the best ever.

There was a serious dislike between the Teams and Red Auerboch had plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Did you ever see the ESPN series 30 on 30 about those Finals that was classic right up there with MJ's last dance.

But leaving Cal for AZ in 87 after a few years I became a Suns fan as they were always underdogs to the Lakers and this is my home now.

The Lakers have Hollywood Money and it's an uphill battle for sure.
APLMAN99
2/15/2021 8:04pm
Crush wrote:
No, big LeBron fan though... and more than that, a debate fan. I want him to get to 6, because then the GOAT debates will be...

G-man wrote:
Ok Yea I was never a LeBron hater and never did quite understand it until he joined the Lakers haha. Yeah Michael is the Goat and...
Ok
Yea I was never a LeBron hater and never did quite understand it until he joined the Lakers haha.

Yeah Michael is the Goat and always will be in my opinion as he never jumped from team to team and surrounded himself with All-stars. Scottie was drafted by the Bulls.

Growing up in SoCal you couldn't help but be a Laker fan and the Finals with Magic and Bird was and is some of the best ever.

There was a serious dislike between the Teams and Red Auerboch had plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Did you ever see the ESPN series 30 on 30 about those Finals that was classic right up there with MJ's last dance.

But leaving Cal for AZ in 87 after a few years I became a Suns fan as they were always underdogs to the Lakers and this is my home now.

The Lakers have Hollywood Money and it's an uphill battle for sure.
Just for clarity, Scottie Pippen wasn’t drafted by the Bulls. They traded for him on draft night, though.

Only reason I really know that is because the Sonics were the team that actually drafted Pippen.......
G-man
2/15/2021 8:07pm
I did not know that but he was an UNPROVEN rookie.

Jerry Krause as much as they made him the scape goat in the last dance really knew how to put a team together around Michael
APLMAN99
2/15/2021 8:20pm
G-man wrote:
I did not know that but he was an UNPROVEN rookie. Jerry Krause as much as they made him the scape goat in the last dance...
I did not know that but he was an UNPROVEN rookie.

Jerry Krause as much as they made him the scape goat in the last dance really knew how to put a team together around Michael
Yeah, it’s kind of a ‘technicality’ because his rights were traded pretty much right away so he never signed a pro contract until he signed his rookie deal with the Bulls. I think that I remember seeing several places saying that the deal to draft and trade him was in place well before Seattle made the selection.

I don’t think that he would have ever helped Seattle the same way that he did by playing with Jordan, either. Not to say that he shouldn’t have been able to, but I think that he wouldn’t have gotten the same chance with the personnel mix that the Sonics had.
Crush
2/16/2021 3:03am
I just think it's good banter.

Old heads that don't acknowledge LeBron's greatness are delusional... his scoring whilst clicking off rebounds, assists and steal as he does is just silly... but they act like every one of those finals losses was because of a 2011-like performance, and also dismiss the team nature of the sport. Bron's 2017 finals stats are testament to that.

Reality is, swap them around, you probably get a different result in 2011, but I don't think you do in any of the other finals – and i'd argue Bron got the 07 and 18 teams to finals that Mike wasn't able to do when he was young or on his own. If you wanna say because the East was weak, well ok, but that also seemingly acknowledges, (as plain as could be), that his Finals opponents in the West were great, and of course that likely leads to losses.

The team-mate argument... everyone says he had Wade/Bosch, or Kyrie/Love this or that, and MJ had Pip and Dennis etc... but no-one talks about the opposition. The Spurs were a dynasty, team ball, 4 stars and a deeeeeep bench. Warriors at the start the same, and then they got KD. Finals wise, MJ's teams were favoured and often 3 stars to 2 almost exclusively... He was the man, but his teams were fucking great too.... and when he was on his own, the East was stacked, but lose in the semis and no one cares...

Jumping teams – I just don't care. Reality is, the Jerry's knew what they had with Mike, and built. They brought in Pip, shooters, a coach who seemed to have new ideas... Chicago was a shit show and they wanted to turn it around. I don't think LeBron had the same luxury in Cleveland. People cite Shaq or Mo Williams like those teams were great, but wtf would any of them have done without him. I do think he is the system a bit, which makes that worse for sure, but you could put a bit of that to coaching too. I think Vogel is the best coach he's played for.

And then the last thing which I think is interesting, is the double standard we hold the elite too... With no Michael, is LeBron crucified like he is? People hang him hard and others skate... Like KD, I can't believe he actually wanted Harden. For all the shit people talk about those Warriors chips, you'd think he'd want to "earn" the next one if he can. If Bron just wanted to sell shoes and shut the fuck up, I'd bet he'd not get as much hate. The chosen one BS brought it on himself, but at the same time, he has had enormous pressure, he had to live up to... he's actually done great in a sense. Mike wasn't heralded, he proved himself in college and won, and got better, and lost and came back etc... Bron never got that escape.
peelout
2/16/2021 10:17am
G-man wrote:
Good team no doubt, be nice if they could take down the Lakers!
Crush wrote:
Jazz have a nasty run of games next... Pacers, Celtics, Heat, Sixere, Bucks, Clips and Lakers... suspect we’ll see a table change.
Titan1. wrote:
Pacers and Celtics down...5 more to go! They should handle the heat...but those next 4 games are going to be tough...four of the best teams in...
Pacers and Celtics down...5 more to go!

They should handle the heat...but those next 4 games are going to be tough...four of the best teams in the league....
Heat and Sixers down

fuckin' ROLLIN' right now

only thing i'm upset about is ROOT Sports getting the monopoly on Jazz games. i'm on YOUTUBE TV and don't have Root Sports so only games i can watch are what ESPN and TNT deem worthy (which isn't much). sucks. i wish ROOT would offer a streaming only package, i'd buy it every year.
mxb2
2/16/2021 11:08am
Crush wrote:
Jazz have a nasty run of games next... Pacers, Celtics, Heat, Sixere, Bucks, Clips and Lakers... suspect we’ll see a table change.
Titan1. wrote:
Pacers and Celtics down...5 more to go! They should handle the heat...but those next 4 games are going to be tough...four of the best teams in...
Pacers and Celtics down...5 more to go!

They should handle the heat...but those next 4 games are going to be tough...four of the best teams in the league....
peelout wrote:
Heat and Sixers down fuckin' ROLLIN' right now only thing i'm upset about is ROOT Sports getting the monopoly on Jazz games. i'm on YOUTUBE TV...
Heat and Sixers down

fuckin' ROLLIN' right now

only thing i'm upset about is ROOT Sports getting the monopoly on Jazz games. i'm on YOUTUBE TV and don't have Root Sports so only games i can watch are what ESPN and TNT deem worthy (which isn't much). sucks. i wish ROOT would offer a streaming only package, i'd buy it every year.
Jazz beat my sixers,. Clarkson 40 piece. Really. Lol. By the way. Jazz my favorite west team. Wd love a sixers jazz final.
ocscottie
2/16/2021 4:05pm
Did you all see Draymond's rant?
Crush
2/16/2021 6:48pm
ocscottie wrote:
Did you all see Draymond's rant?
Yep... but I was under the impression that Drummond wanted out? So... I don’t see the problem. In fact I don’t see the problem anyways. Everyone has a boss, and the teams make significant investments to these players, protecting that is fine. And it’s not like the players are immune to “acting professional” as he put it. Harden’s effort this year was fuckin disgraceful.
G-man
2/16/2021 7:06pm
Crush wrote:
I just think it's good banter. Old heads that don't acknowledge LeBron's greatness are delusional... his scoring whilst clicking off rebounds, assists and steal as he...
I just think it's good banter.

Old heads that don't acknowledge LeBron's greatness are delusional... his scoring whilst clicking off rebounds, assists and steal as he does is just silly... but they act like every one of those finals losses was because of a 2011-like performance, and also dismiss the team nature of the sport. Bron's 2017 finals stats are testament to that.

Reality is, swap them around, you probably get a different result in 2011, but I don't think you do in any of the other finals – and i'd argue Bron got the 07 and 18 teams to finals that Mike wasn't able to do when he was young or on his own. If you wanna say because the East was weak, well ok, but that also seemingly acknowledges, (as plain as could be), that his Finals opponents in the West were great, and of course that likely leads to losses.

The team-mate argument... everyone says he had Wade/Bosch, or Kyrie/Love this or that, and MJ had Pip and Dennis etc... but no-one talks about the opposition. The Spurs were a dynasty, team ball, 4 stars and a deeeeeep bench. Warriors at the start the same, and then they got KD. Finals wise, MJ's teams were favoured and often 3 stars to 2 almost exclusively... He was the man, but his teams were fucking great too.... and when he was on his own, the East was stacked, but lose in the semis and no one cares...

Jumping teams – I just don't care. Reality is, the Jerry's knew what they had with Mike, and built. They brought in Pip, shooters, a coach who seemed to have new ideas... Chicago was a shit show and they wanted to turn it around. I don't think LeBron had the same luxury in Cleveland. People cite Shaq or Mo Williams like those teams were great, but wtf would any of them have done without him. I do think he is the system a bit, which makes that worse for sure, but you could put a bit of that to coaching too. I think Vogel is the best coach he's played for.

And then the last thing which I think is interesting, is the double standard we hold the elite too... With no Michael, is LeBron crucified like he is? People hang him hard and others skate... Like KD, I can't believe he actually wanted Harden. For all the shit people talk about those Warriors chips, you'd think he'd want to "earn" the next one if he can. If Bron just wanted to sell shoes and shut the fuck up, I'd bet he'd not get as much hate. The chosen one BS brought it on himself, but at the same time, he has had enormous pressure, he had to live up to... he's actually done great in a sense. Mike wasn't heralded, he proved himself in college and won, and got better, and lost and came back etc... Bron never got that escape.
Well that's a lot of info to debate and I'm not gonna do that from a phone.

First of all just to make it clear I am not a lebron hater but definitely have lost respect in the way he has jumped from team to team, it might not mean nothing to you but to MANY sports fans who have seen players stick with one team it does matter.

Also the fact MJ went UNDEFEATED once he got to the Big Dance.
Just like Ricky and his UNDEFEATED season that in itself speaks volumes on who really is the GOAT.

"The Spurs were a dynasty, team ball, 4 stars and a deeeeeep bench. "

You don't need to remind me of the Spurs, they were the Suns Cyrptonite during Nash's MVP years with 7 seconds or less and changed the way the game was played.

One Robert Horry push of Nash into the boards stopped the Suns when we had them on the ropes and the league suspended Amare and Diaw for putting ONE FOOT ON THE LINE!
The Spurs went on and swept Miami in the Finals.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-michael-jordans-10-best-play…

There hasta be a Bridesmaid and that would be LeBron....Smile
Crush
2/16/2021 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2021 8:33pm
Thing is with the jumping teams...

Chicago built. They knew what they had.

Kobe was miraculously traded from the Hornets to the Lakers. What does his career path look like if he's not with the most storied franchise in the sport? Or he is drafted by the Sixers and there is this weird home-town expectation. Does he get to pair with Shaq and get three rings off the back of the most dominant big man ever?

Shit even Dallas worked to put a team playing team ball around Dirk.

That's my point with LeBron. He's born to a dog shit franchise with a dog shit owner, who was literally hostile and showed no interest in anything except wanting to make LeBron do it himself. If they gave him the world, ie Harden, and he didn't get it done, then sure, hate away, but those rosters were awful. No argument. Look at them when he left.

So he's fighting Boston putting together 4 stars, the Lakers have another squad... OKC young core and thinks he wants some damn help. Everyone else got theirs. That's why I could care less if he moved, he was put in a shit situation being from/in cleveland and having Gilbert as the owner.

I think him going back is actually a great story, and he did what he said he would. Probably would have done it a year earlier if Kyrie and Love don't get injured...

Lakers change? Mreh. I get it, fans want a home town guy, but again, after Kyrie got traded and they couldn't get anything done in 2018, he's looking at the KD Warriors, Houston loading up...

I just think a lot of that is different if it's now Cleveland, and not Gilbert. IF he's born in NYC, LA, Florida, shit even Portland, Denver and Utah have attracted some freeagents.... Mike got it done for sure, but people act like he did it soley. He's still the GOAT to me, but he had to score and defend, and that team, organisation, coach etc were storied not just because of him.
G-man
2/16/2021 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2021 8:54pm
What does Kobe have to do with this debate, where did that come from left field?
He was traded on draft day just like Pippen.

I Believe most of the hate came from when he went down to Miami and made that ridiculous video with Wade and Bosh how they were gonna dominate and be a dynasty.

Then when that did not work out he goes back to Cleveland and they provide him with more good players and wins a Championship which I too applauded.

Then when that didn't work out he bolts to the Lakers and sees how Shaq ends up with Hollywood money with endless commercials, sweet TNT gig etc and wipes his ass with C-notes..... Laughing
I never said LeBron wasn't great and don't hate him just not the Goat.

So you agree that MJ is the Goat, then there is nothing to debate! Woohoo

Edit
"and that team, organisation, coach etc were storied not just because of him."

What now you are talking crazy talk!
The bulls do not win a single championship without Jordan bottom line and yes it's a team game so of course he had to have his role players and Scottie.
Crush
2/17/2021 1:47am
Kobe was traded to probably the best franchise in the sport, maybe in all of sports. That's a huge advantage to his career. If he stays with Charlotte, his rookie contract is filled there and he might not even pair with Shaq and get some of the easiest assists to a title a superstar ever got...

I say that to say this, just like Chicage built with Mike, that was an assist, LeBron also had way more pressure than MJ or Kobe, started in a hell hole of a club, where no-one wanted to go and they didn't or couldn't get him real help. He didn't get prime Shaq, Pau, Rodman, or KG... he didn't get Pip who would develop into a top 5 player... he got Mo Williams and broke-ass 400 pound Shaq.

EVERYONE gets help. How they get help, I just don't care, so the moving teams thing is fine. Also I think that might be a bit more of an American team thing – football here, UK football (soccer), players move. It is what it is. You can follow a club and a player, but that's personal preference for sure, I get that.

The decision was brutal to watch no-doubt, but at the same time, lots of 2000s trends were. A lot of the Ball shit is bragadocious and I don't particularly care for it – remember DRose not dancing in the 2012? All star introductions? haha... Of course it pissed people off, Cleveland or otherwise. Still, Miami made 4 straight finals, 2 chips. Not bad.

The Bulls didn't win without Jordan, but lets not act like they weren't great without him. They were a few minutes out of winning the ECF the year he quit. Add 30 pts and MJ's defense, shocker they win.

I do have MJ the Goat, but it's waaaay closer than MJ people want to admit and really, if Bron gets to 6, who cares about 6 losses when the teams he lost too, there's no difference if you swap em. It literally comes down to 2011... but then LBJ fans are gonna be like 40K pts, 7–9K rebounds and assits, 20 years of prime, 1 through 5 on D etc.

Like I said, it's fun to discuss, and discuss it without getting angry.

Post a reply to: '20/21 NBA Season

The Latest