'20/21 NBA Season

Crush
7/21/2021 7:59am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Gary I have to admit that you’re being far more gracious than I expected and it’s honestly taking quite a bit of fun out of the...
Gary I have to admit that you’re being far more gracious than I expected and it’s honestly taking quite a bit of fun out of the whole thing…..!

😎

In all seriousness, it’ll be interesting to see what CP does with his option. If he comes back, Phoenix has to be one of the top bets to return to the Finals next season. I’m a little worried that Booker started to act a bit like a diva, but hopefully I’m wrong about that because his talent is through the roof.
44 mil option to extend with Phoenix I believe…

36 soon to be 37 years old…

Last couple teams he’s gone to have turned their records around or had a positive impact…

But also physically broke down again near the end of the year when it mattered.

Interesting for sure. Teams could view it as a culture thing (NYC), or an injury/age risk as a deterrent to a multi-year, or he runs it back, which you’d assume is just up to him, Phoenix would go again right?
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/21/2021 9:46am
I wouldn't be completely shocked if phx sends Paul down the road (or he walks himself). I think his experience is crucial but his play in the Finals was subpar he just looked like he didn't have his normal step. Either that or Clips and Bucks have that great of D, which could be the case. I agree we need another big to play with Ayton.

Congrats to the Bucks, If we didn't win.. I'm glad they got the ship. Well deserved.

See ya next year!
G-man
7/21/2021 11:51am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 1:48pm
Applman,
Oh I'm gutted and still in shock how this happened. Looks like the the "Curse of the Coin Flip" has not gone away....

http://bobboozerjinx.com/2008/12/09/330/

Still in shock as if I havta wait another 28 years to get back to the BIG DANCE, I'll be 6 feet under....Unsure

CP3,
I am real curious to know if he will let the public know what was wrong with him was it torn tendons in his wrist or fatigue?
Regarding him probably opting out of his contract for more years and $$. If it turns out there was nothing physically wrong with him then let him walk. He's past his prime to demand that kind of money that will inhibit our future.

Book,
Well you could be onto something with the Diva comment as being in a relationship with a Kardashian can have that effect. I sure hope not, but the one part of his game I wish he would improve on is to stop the complaining of lack of calls. Some of it might be warranted but he needs to let it go as he is an emotional player like I am as a Fan.

And if I offended anyone on here with my over the top FANDOM I apologize as I know this was our BEST CHANCE to finally break the dreaded curse with this Cinderella Team but alas the Glass Slipper that we HAD IN OUR HANDS was dropped and SHATTERED! Unsure
G-man
7/21/2021 11:59am
Crush wrote:
44 mil option to extend with Phoenix I believe… 36 soon to be 37 years old… Last couple teams he’s gone to have turned their records...
44 mil option to extend with Phoenix I believe…

36 soon to be 37 years old…

Last couple teams he’s gone to have turned their records around or had a positive impact…

But also physically broke down again near the end of the year when it mattered.

Interesting for sure. Teams could view it as a culture thing (NYC), or an injury/age risk as a deterrent to a multi-year, or he runs it back, which you’d assume is just up to him, Phoenix would go again right?
Word on street is he's probably going to join his buddy LeBron and get his ring.

Hollywood money wins out and the Rich get Richer.Sick

The Shop

ocscottie
7/21/2021 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 7:16pm
One thing i like about CP3 is seeing him at this level at his age gives me hopes for Steph, if he can go 4 more SOLID years it would be great. Dray is already tapering off and he a couple years younger. but Steph still in his prime right now.

The draft is next Thursday, huge day of us out here with picks 7 and 14.
Crush
7/21/2021 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 8:50pm
G-man wrote:
Word on street is he's probably going to join his buddy LeBron and get his ring.

Hollywood money wins out and the Rich get Richer.Sick
You can probably calm down with your Lakers and Bron distaste, they're not really in a position to go out and form anything wildly different to a simile of their current form around the two big dudes.

They're about as close to hardcapped as can be and they have to S&T Dennis and have Trezz opt in to his MLE player option to get any sort of flexibility, and they've still got a 5m penalty to pay for Deng's contract, which would help with role guys.

Their other big 'assets' are either seen as potentially damaged goods (Kuzma – but I bet he'd kill it with regular minutes), or you'd imagine untouchable in AC (Defense/Role and a free agent), THT(Future/Scoring and a free agent) and KCP(Shooting/Klutch)... and they've still got dudes like Morris, Drummond etc who probably could get a bag in free-agency but the Lakers can't pay.
G-man
7/21/2021 10:04pm
I did hear they are tied up in contracts so it probably won't work.

Bet you would like Lonzo Ball back although I think his younger brother is better.
G-man
7/21/2021 10:07pm
Anyone remember Mugsy Boges, dude was a badass and could dunk! Woohoo

GabeM
7/28/2021 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2021 6:26pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Or, he's just a jackass most of the time.........

Introverts aren't inherently jackasses, and he doesn't really shy away from saying what he thinks.
GabeM wrote:
Kind of like you? maybe? a little ? If there is anything I learned in life is those who tow the line and sell their souls...
Kind of like you? maybe? a little ? If there is anything I learned in life is those who tow the line and sell their souls to the system will viciously attack those who think outside said system

Here is a great article about his mother.If anyone cares to better understand the person you choose to hate on

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article180715141.html

APLMAN99 wrote:
Perhaps like me. Perhaps not. We all have our peculiarities. It sounds like you are trying to excuse Kyrie’s poor behavior and attitude instances because his...
Perhaps like me. Perhaps not. We all have our peculiarities.

It sounds like you are trying to excuse Kyrie’s poor behavior and attitude instances because his mother died when he was young. That’s a silly thing to imply.

I don’t think that anyone is happy that Kyrie’s mother died the way that she did, but parents die too young for many people and it doesn’t mean that everyone should ignore them being an asshole for the rest of their lives. It actually sounds like Kyrie had a very good family to raise him despite the tragedy, doesn’t it?

I would agree with your thought that Kyrie doesn’t seem to love basketball, despite his immense talent. That’s part of what makes him so frustrating, as he’s playing a team sport for an incredible amount of money and he has shown some questionable reliability as a teammate. Imagine how incredible he COULD be if he was absolutely committed to his teammates and the game......
Asshole?

APLMAN99
7/28/2021 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2021 6:32pm
GabeM wrote:
Kind of like you? maybe? a little ? If there is anything I learned in life is those who tow the line and sell their souls...
Kind of like you? maybe? a little ? If there is anything I learned in life is those who tow the line and sell their souls to the system will viciously attack those who think outside said system

Here is a great article about his mother.If anyone cares to better understand the person you choose to hate on

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article180715141.html

APLMAN99 wrote:
Perhaps like me. Perhaps not. We all have our peculiarities. It sounds like you are trying to excuse Kyrie’s poor behavior and attitude instances because his...
Perhaps like me. Perhaps not. We all have our peculiarities.

It sounds like you are trying to excuse Kyrie’s poor behavior and attitude instances because his mother died when he was young. That’s a silly thing to imply.

I don’t think that anyone is happy that Kyrie’s mother died the way that she did, but parents die too young for many people and it doesn’t mean that everyone should ignore them being an asshole for the rest of their lives. It actually sounds like Kyrie had a very good family to raise him despite the tragedy, doesn’t it?

I would agree with your thought that Kyrie doesn’t seem to love basketball, despite his immense talent. That’s part of what makes him so frustrating, as he’s playing a team sport for an incredible amount of money and he has shown some questionable reliability as a teammate. Imagine how incredible he COULD be if he was absolutely committed to his teammates and the game......
GabeM wrote:
Asshole? Kyrie Irving's foundation built a solar water center in PakistanThe center is providing over 1000 villagers access to clean water 🙏(via @PaaniProject) pic.twitter.com/Og5XrZePuD—...
Asshole?

Yes.

Even an asshole can also do good things.

I was having lunch last week and a homeless guy came into the place scrounging his coins together to buy a cup of coffee. I asked the waitress if he came in often and she said usually once or twice a week, usually without money but wanting to get out of the heat/cold.

I paid for a meal for him for that day and the next 3 Thursdays. Doesn’t really mean that I’m not an asshole, though.

Great act from him and his foundation, though!
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/29/2021 10:10am
ocscottie wrote:
One thing i like about CP3 is seeing him at this level at his age gives me hopes for Steph, if he can go 4 more...
One thing i like about CP3 is seeing him at this level at his age gives me hopes for Steph, if he can go 4 more SOLID years it would be great. Dray is already tapering off and he a couple years younger. but Steph still in his prime right now.

The draft is next Thursday, huge day of us out here with picks 7 and 14.
How on earth can you be a fan of draymond green.
GabeM
7/29/2021 4:14pm
Looks like Lillard isn't going to the Lakers.

DownSouth
7/30/2021 6:15am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 6:16am
I see lots of eye rolls, arm flails, and failure to cross half court on defense from Lebron next year because of Russ' shot jacking habits having angered the "king".
Crush
7/30/2021 6:28am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 6:31am
Interesting move for sure. I guess you could make an argument that physical teams putting pressure on the basket have won the last three titles vs teams that relied more on shooting….

BUT… holy clogged lane Batman. I guess free agency ain’t don’t yet, but they’re gonna need shooting to spread the floor as well, and I don’t love the idea that AD is saying he’ll play more centre to make it work. I think he’s best there, but more likely to get beat up there too. And at some point, Bron is older so I can’t imagine he wants to play transition at breakneck speed every time Russ goes for a defensive rebound and outlet.

Kinda surprising if this was the path that they didn’t try via S&T for Dennis. That would have made more sense.
Crush
7/30/2021 6:29am
GabeM wrote:
Looks like Lillard isn't going to the Lakers. Breaking: The Lakers are near a deal to acquire the Wizards’ Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell...

No one would have ever really thought he was.

Melo on the other hand…
GabeM
7/30/2021 7:54am
GabeM wrote:
Looks like Lillard isn't going to the Lakers. Breaking: The Lakers are near a deal to acquire the Wizards’ Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell...

Crush wrote:
No one would have ever really thought he was.

Melo on the other hand…
I think it was a strong possibility. In fact this move makes me think Lillard stays in Portland. Westbrook with Lebron will be a soap opera. Westbrook is going to play his game and he gives no fucks.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/30/2021 11:39am
Ah yes, lebron buying another ring. Good the the lakers are paper thin. Someone gets injured and lebron crys all year
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
7/30/2021 4:09pm
Westbrook gives 100% every minute, and is a ruthless competitor. He fit in surprisingly well with Harden, or at least until he left becauseof him... haha

I'm hyped on the Rockets draft picks. Jalen Green will be a star, and the euros they got look great too! Sengun has a huge ceiling. How long until summer league? Ha
Crush
7/30/2021 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2021 1:38am
skeef wrote:
Ah yes, lebron buying another ring. Good the the lakers are paper thin. Someone gets injured and lebron crys all year
These comments are always hilarious with LeBron. The Lakers are doing what they've always done bringing in stars, and the year before did it with just AD and Bron and their guys. Now they're just answering the Nets going N+1 on the field... like they built a team when Boston and the Spurs had four stars.

If he'd had been drafted to Miami or the Lakers would that have made it better? Because Kobe didn't win without a group of freaks around him, nor did Duncan, Pierce, MJ or anyone really. Shit people are hailing Giannis and ignoring Middleton and Jrue's stats, which are better and comparable to Kyrie and K-Love's on the Cavs.

Dirk might be the only one but then they swept Kobe and OKC, so his supporting cast can't have been that bad.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/31/2021 9:50am
skeef wrote:
Crush wrote:
These comments are always hilarious with LeBron. The Lakers are doing what they've always done bringing in stars, and the year before did it with just...
These comments are always hilarious with LeBron. The Lakers are doing what they've always done bringing in stars, and the year before did it with just AD and Bron and their guys. Now they're just answering the Nets going N+1 on the field... like they built a team when Boston and the Spurs had four stars.

If he'd had been drafted to Miami or the Lakers would that have made it better? Because Kobe didn't win without a group of freaks around him, nor did Duncan, Pierce, MJ or anyone really. Shit people are hailing Giannis and ignoring Middleton and Jrue's stats, which are better and comparable to Kyrie and K-Love's on the Cavs.

Dirk might be the only one but then they swept Kobe and OKC, so his supporting cast can't have been that bad.
That has nothing to do with the lakers. At this point the team doesn't matter. All of those teams you mentioned took time and fine tuning. They built legacy by beliving in their players and working hard to achive. The Heat, Cavs, and Lakers with lebron were an unnatural money bought team. I think the lebron cavs could be an exception. It's not a natural cohesion. Lakers are the biggest joke in the NBA.

They have AD, westbroke, and lebron LMAO... Yeah if they win a ship next year it's a joke. Just like their bubble ring was. fake.

You're telling me having three all-star players on a team that can put up 40+ a game in their first year together and winning a championship has anything to do with the lakers as a team or organization? Might as well call it Lebrons Lakers.
APLMAN99
7/31/2021 11:09am
I’d have to say that after the dust settles on the draft picks and the trades next week, the Warriors may have just completely reloaded for another 6-8 years of when they were basically dominating the league. If Wiseman makes the probable growth in his game and Klay comes back anywhere around 90% of his pre-injury self, that team could be l-o-a-d-e-d for the next 3-4 years and have a very smooth transition as Curry, Thompson, and Green move towards retirement.

ocscottie
7/31/2021 11:49am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’d have to say that after the dust settles on the draft picks and the trades next week, the Warriors may have just completely reloaded for...
I’d have to say that after the dust settles on the draft picks and the trades next week, the Warriors may have just completely reloaded for another 6-8 years of when they were basically dominating the league. If Wiseman makes the probable growth in his game and Klay comes back anywhere around 90% of his pre-injury self, that team could be l-o-a-d-e-d for the next 3-4 years and have a very smooth transition as Curry, Thompson, and Green move towards retirement.

I hope you are right bro!!! I dont know much about either Moody or Kuminga and Klay is still a pretty big question mark. Sure going to interesting watching it all come together.
APLMAN99
7/31/2021 3:05pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I’d have to say that after the dust settles on the draft picks and the trades next week, the Warriors may have just completely reloaded for...

ocscottie wrote:
I hope you are right bro!!! I dont know much about either Moody or Kuminga and Klay is still a pretty big question mark. Sure going...
I hope you are right bro!!! I dont know much about either Moody or Kuminga and Klay is still a pretty big question mark. Sure going to interesting watching it all come together.
Obviously anything can happen and the only real guarantees in life are that plans never quite work out exactly as we think, but on paper it definitely looks like they’ve made some serious lemonade out of the last 2 seasons of lemons.

To me the biggest question will be if they get the full potential that most thought Wiggins had when he was the top draft pick, or do they leverage him for some great veteran role players that they can lock up on the cheap? If this draft actually turns out as good as it sounds like it was, I’d move him for a couple of solid role players……

And yes, most of the optimism from me is that I think that Klay will be driven to come back at his full strength. He’s a pretty strong willed guy, who some may feel comes off a little bit laid back. I don’t think he’s anything close to being laid back when it comes to work ethic and preparation, only in his demeanor to the press.
Crush
8/1/2021 4:11am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 8:52pm
ocscottie wrote:
I hope you are right bro!!! I dont know much about either Moody or Kuminga and Klay is still a pretty big question mark. Sure going...
I don't understand the Warriors recent draft strategy at all. It's akin to trading good assets for picks. You don't know what they're going to be vs a known quantity.

Steph, Dray and Klay need help, NOW. Not wait for these dudes to come around and develop. They can be top draft prospects and still not work out, who cares about 8 years from now, worry about that later.

Wiseman, 7 & 14 could have landed something for sure and then look for good vets.
APLMAN99
8/1/2021 4:23pm
ocscottie wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't understand the Warriors recent draft strategy at all. It's akin to trading good assets for picks. You don't know what they're going to be...
I don't understand the Warriors recent draft strategy at all. It's akin to trading good assets for picks. You don't know what they're going to be vs a known quantity.

Steph, Dray and Klay need help, NOW. Not wait for these dudes to come around and develop. They can be top draft prospects and still not work out, who cares about 8 years from now, worry about that later.

Wiseman, 7 & 14 could have landed something for sure and then look for good vets.
Hard to say what they may have been offered in return for those picks, but ultimately I think that Wiseman is definitely going to pay off, similar to how Ayton didn’t seem like he was going to pay off as the top pick but now seems like an almost perfect choice.

If they were only going to get aged, over priced, vet role players for those picks then I think that they probably made the correct decision to try to create stability as a winning franchise. I don’t think Wiseman will take 8 years to pay off, and if the analysts are close to correct then this year’s pair should be contributing sooner rather than later also.

I think that the last 2 years probably showed the Warriors that they need to keep building a young base, as they saw that without their ‘stars’ things don’t really go too smoothly.

I really do think that Wiggins could be the key to that team this coming season if they keep him. With Curry and Thompson healthy he should have some serious spacing on the floor and not often guarded by the opposing team’s top defenders. If he can take advantage of that the way he should, it could be his best season yet. A starting lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Wiggins, and Wiseman should give just about any opponent some huge matchup problems and also the ability to work the younger guys in without as much pressure as they would have if they needed to carry a team.

I think that they are set up pretty well for next season, but just as important they are also able to work towards long term competitiveness.
Crush
8/2/2021 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 8:15pm
Nooooooo.... Caruso signed with the Bulls.

Saaaaad. Good for him but fuck, Lakers could have paid that, they had bird rights, Jeanie got cheap.
ocscottie
8/2/2021 9:40pm
I think its time for a new '21/22 thread.

Post a reply to: '20/21 NBA Season

The Latest