'20/21 NBA Season

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2021 8:52pm
The start of the new season is right around the corner, it has been a pretty tame off season and a few moves around the league. Look for a Lakers repeat Blink

I'm am still heartbroken over the Klay Thompson injury, just isn't right!!

Here is the game schedule:

***I know this topic will only be active by a few members, but it has been a staple around here for years so I'm just keeping up with tradition...and so Gman can rave about his PHX Suns!! Laughing

|
Crush
12/3/2020 2:20am
Gonna be interesting GOAT convos when Bron get's 6!
ns503
12/3/2020 4:03am
Westbrook/Wall. Huh.
ocscottie
12/3/2020 3:05pm
AD just signed a 5 year MAX contract and the Lakers are LOADED with talent, I see them winning the next 2 maybe 3 years. Ohhh that pains me to say....... Blink

The Shop

ocscottie
12/3/2020 3:08pm
ns503 wrote:
Westbrook/Wall. Huh.
That leaves harden, where will he go? There were talks of GSW making calls, if that happened I would slit my wrists.
APLMAN99
12/3/2020 7:59pm
I’d love to see the Nets somehow be able to swap Irving for a high level guard (NOT Harden!!!!) and then march through the East. Crap, even a serviceable PG to back up Dinwiddie would/should be enough.

On paper the Nets should be as good as any East team this year. But in the back of my mind I am absolutely sure that Irving will stop taking his “help me act like a normal person” meds and cause a couple of crises, he’ll get into several arguments with the coaching staff, he’ll miss games with injuries that the team doctors won’t be able to actually verify, etc. Unfortunately that whole “2 for the price of 5” deal with Durant kind of makes it impossible to get rid of him.

And he’ll throw at least one tantrum where he’ll threaten to walk off the edge of his flat earth.....

I do think that this is the year that Caris Levert becomes a household name for NBA fans, though.
ns503
12/4/2020 4:16am
ns503 wrote:
Westbrook/Wall. Huh.
ocscottie wrote:
That leaves harden, where will he go? There were talks of GSW making calls, if that happened I would slit my wrists.
I think I like Wall the best out of the 3 - but he can't seem to get healthy. The other 2 are head shaking. So much talent, but in the end, unproductive.
ocscottie
12/4/2020 1:03pm
NBA suspends random testing for Marijuana in the upcoming season.
ocscottie
12/29/2020 11:16am
Steph doing Steph things, so ridiculous.

12/29/2020 11:36am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 11:37am
I'm optimistic for the T-Wolves this season, but yikes, Sunday's game was pretty nauseating.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
12/29/2020 4:42pm
I'm optimistic for the T-Wolves this season, but yikes, Sunday's game was pretty nauseating.
Watched their first 2 games. Guess I was lucky to not watch their game against the Lakers.
G-man
1/2/2021 9:19am
Well well well......
Guess who has the best record in the league!
Woohoo

Yea it's early but I am liking what I've seen so far, they actually are one of the top defensive teams which you never would say with a Phoenix Suns team and their 2nd unit is incredible. The Suns are shooting lights out!

They had a 40 point lead against the pelicans the other night on TNT and they switched the broadcast as it was a blowout!!
Haha
They were also up by 20 against Utah at one point last night in a back to back on the road.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2495434/suns-show-resiliency-against-nu…

APLMAN99
1/2/2021 10:00am
G-man wrote:
Well well well...... Guess who has the best record in the league! :woohoo: Yea it's early but I am liking what I've seen so far, they...
Well well well......
Guess who has the best record in the league!
Woohoo

Yea it's early but I am liking what I've seen so far, they actually are one of the top defensive teams which you never would say with a Phoenix Suns team and their 2nd unit is incredible. The Suns are shooting lights out!

They had a 40 point lead against the pelicans the other night on TNT and they switched the broadcast as it was a blowout!!
Haha
They were also up by 20 against Utah at one point last night in a back to back on the road.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2495434/suns-show-resiliency-against-nu…

That threw me for a second because I knew that there were more teams with only 1 loss than that. That’s the conference standings, I realized, as there had to be more than 7 teams in the NBA with a winning record.

Phoenix can definitely take a step up if Ayton establishes himself from a ‘very good’ big to a great one. He’s got the potential to be as good or better than Anthony Davis, and he’s got a pretty good supporting cast around him too. If he realizes how close he is to that top level, then he’ll not only have the stats but also the wins to go with it. He’s still young, he’s got huge upside still.

Meanwhile, Kyrie is slowly but surely destroying the Nets from within. Losing big to Atlanta at home yesterday isn’t what the Nets had in mind when they broke the bank for Kyrie and KD.......
G-man
1/2/2021 10:26am
Ayton has been frustrating so far. He's got the Athletic tools but lacks the Mental toughness. He's too nice of a guy and needs to get meaner maybe watch hours of old school centers like Moses Malone.

I know CP3 and coach Monte think the same as the last game was his best and they were force feeding him.

Bridges in his 3rd year is showing All star potential and Cam Johnson in his 2nd year is showing what an ace shooter he is.

Booker is thriving as he no longer has to carry the team on his shoulders and Jae Crowder was a great pickup.

With the massive Arena re-do and a brand new state of the art practice facility hopefully Phoenix can once again be a FA destination like the Nash/Amare and Barkley days.
APLMAN99
1/2/2021 10:35am
I don’t watch too many Suns games, but the ones that I have make me understand the frustration with Ayton. He’s incredibly gifted, but not very consistent and seems hesitant to impose his will on opponents.

There’s no reason why he can’t have the impact of Embiid, but hopefully he doesn’t get the full Embiid attitude. I think with Paul running point, a great season for Ayton would be something like 17ppg, 13-14rpg, etc. If he does those, the Suns can play with the Lakers pretty deep in the playoffs.
G-man
1/2/2021 10:47am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 10:49am
Yes he is inconsistent and hopefully with Paul that will happen less.
I don't know why he isn't more aggressive and JAM the ball down players throats like Amare did.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1345234767810334721

But yes he is young so the potential is there.

All I know is the Fans are ready to bust outa this playoff drought it's been too long.
ocscottie
1/3/2021 8:13pm
The Warriors bounced back after being slaughtered Friday night by Portland, tonight against Portland again, Steph put up a career high 62, he was amazing, they looked like a different team tonight, that Wiseman kid is gonna be one to watch.

Oh and Gary, Oubre set a record...most misses to start a season from 3, he was 1-30 until tonight. lol He's playing good though, the ball just isnt dropping.
G-man
1/3/2021 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2021 9:20pm
Damn freaken Paul George was on FIRE as was the Clippers. We got down 31 points only to claw back down by 1! Woohoo

Ran outta gas and couldn't finish the comeback. Sad

Scottie I was wondering what did you guys do to Kelly!!
I saw that he joined the Masonary 's Union and became a bricklayer!!! Grinning
I'm sure he will turn it around though....
Crush
1/5/2021 3:16am
G-man wrote:
Damn freaken Paul George was on FIRE as was the Clippers. We got down 31 points only to claw back down by 1! :woohoo: Ran outta...
Damn freaken Paul George was on FIRE as was the Clippers. We got down 31 points only to claw back down by 1! Woohoo

Was a good game. Neither surprised by the come back or the Clippers getting to a lead and struggling to protect it.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
1/5/2021 10:56am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 10:59am
Rockets are looking decent so far despite their record... John Wall looks to still be the same John Wall we remember despite not playing in two years. Boogie Cousins looks as good as ever too. He got tossed last night for damn near absolutely nothing (two techs, 1st one deserved but second one was for raising his hands at the ref?), but I liked his energy and Houston has been desperately needing some size.. Speaking of size, Christian Wood is playing superb with Harden, dude was a hidden gem and a great pick up - 7' tall, can shoot 3's and handle the ball a bit, although most of his points are currently near the rim via alley oops, etc. With time hopefully he fills out a bit, but he has tons of potential.. Harden is of course the story, but he hasn't said too much lately and seems to be gelling with his new team mates... GO ROCKETS
ocscottie
1/5/2021 5:41pm
G-man wrote:
Damn freaken Paul George was on FIRE as was the Clippers. We got down 31 points only to claw back down by 1! :woohoo: Ran outta...

Kelly quit his brick job and went 4-5 from deep last night as GSW destroyed The Kings, it was a full blowout. They look good, but got a double against the Clippers Wed and Fri....uugh

This Wiseman kid is so fun to watch, seen any highlights? He can dunk it from his tippy toes LOL dude is huge, 7'1" with a 9 feet wing span.

Next week PHX and GSW meet. Sucks its on a back to back but hope its a good game.

Im loving this NBA, gives me something to watch on weeknights.

G-man
1/5/2021 6:51pm
"Kelly quit his brick job and went 4-5 from deep last night as GSW destroyed The Kings, it was a full blowout. "

Good to hear! 😉 Did he blow kisses to the crowd after a made the three's? Smile I really like Kelly he was a fan favorite and energized the team and the whole arena.

I was bummed to see him go but we are stacked at the small forward position and something had to give in order to get Paul.
ocscottie
1/6/2021 8:12am
"Did he blow kisses to the crowd after a made the three's?"

Nope, he did it to the Kings bench LOL!!!

Clippers lost last night, so they are gonna be hungry tonight against GSW, has me worried.
ns503
1/6/2021 8:37am
My Raptors are really stinking up the joint so far this year - really missing Ibaka & Gasol, it seems. Uggh.
ocscottie
1/6/2021 8:47am
ns503 wrote:
My Raptors are really stinking up the joint so far this year - really missing Ibaka & Gasol, it seems. Uggh.
I saw that on ESPN the other day, sad deal, they look awful.
ocscottie
1/6/2021 8:49am
Gary, better catch yourself before spouting too much about PHX, you know what you did to the Cards in the football thread LOL
G-man
1/6/2021 9:42am
ocscottie wrote:
Gary, better catch yourself before spouting too much about PHX, you know what you did to the Cards in the football thread LOL
Hahaha,
Believe me Scottie, that has ran across my mind quite a few times, more than I should admit.
I'm superstitious! UnsureLaughing

But I can't help myself, the Valley is excited.

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2021/01/04/crossover-phoenix-suns-for-real

Tonight we play the Raptors. Oh and that's funny about Oubre!
ocscottie
1/6/2021 10:08am
"I'm superstitious! "

So am i really bad, i am the king of the reverse jinx though! Cool

Post a reply to: '20/21 NBA Season

The Latest