1997 Ford F-250 7.3 power stroke should I buy??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2019 5:45 PM

Local guy has a 1997 Ford F-250 7.3 power stroke 304k new injectors glow plugs, clutch pack, new dana 60s front and rear 6 inch lift 12 stage tune and a bunch more stuff.
It’s a family owned truck guy seems like a no bull shitter and truck seems pretty good.
Worked him down to 6k wanted 6500
What do y’all think should I pick it up? Photo

|

7/23/2019 6:24 PM

It's always gonna be a crap shoot but that's a good price.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/23/2019 6:45 PM

That is a sweet truck! Can’t go wrong for only $6000 ....Buy it!

|

7/23/2019 7:09 PM

Ask 500guy he's the expert. Six grand is cheap buy it.

|

7/23/2019 10:30 PM

Best Ford F series body style ever. I'd buy it all day long at that price. Those trucks will be in serious demand in the near future.

|

7/23/2019 10:54 PM

Hard pass from me

|

7/24/2019 3:52 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Hard pass from me

Why is that?

|

HAF

7/24/2019 6:00 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Hard pass from me

ns503 wrote:

Why is that?

Tuned, lift, big tires, 300k miles, all add up to worn out suspension components from dragging around tires heavier and taller than designed for, at angles and loads it wasnt made for thanks to the lift changing the geometry.

300k miles and fucked with. Yeah hard pass.

|

7/24/2019 6:43 AM

That thing will nickel and dime you to death

|

7/24/2019 7:26 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Hard pass from me

ns503 wrote:

Why is that?

yz133rider wrote:

Tuned, lift, big tires, 300k miles, all add up to worn out suspension components from dragging around tires heavier and taller than designed for, at angles and loads it wasnt made for thanks to the lift changing the geometry.

300k miles and fucked with. Yeah hard pass.

All new suspension as of last month with receipts

|

7/24/2019 7:33 AM

I have to agree with yz133, being lifted with tires is hard on suspension, could be why it has new axles but with 300k on the body stuff will be worn out anyway, way worse if lift has been on awhile I'd ask if anything else was replaced with axles as that would be good time to do all u joints tie rods bushings etc. Also depends what you plan to do with it, if a daily then yea just not practical, but that body style and powertrain are sought after and I think will continue to be so if it's something your getting as a secondary vehicle and don't mind wrenching some it looks pretty clean probably worth putting $ and work into

|

7/24/2019 7:35 AM

I'm with yz133rider, I love that body style but I'd pass. I'd be all over it if it looked like this instead:

Photo

Put some all-terrains with raised white letters.... cool

|

7/24/2019 8:20 AM

RONJ OSE wrote:

All new suspension as of last month with receipts

I pretty much knew you'd say that. Still hard pass. Seriously. Find one all stock garage kept and cared for. That things a disaster believe me.

|

7/24/2019 8:51 AM

Thought you were about that ecodiesel life?

Anyways that looks like a high school kids old truck. Been rode hard and put up wet.
Love that model year truck but run away.

|

7/24/2019 10:03 AM

colintrax wrote:

Anyways that looks like a high school kids old truck. Been rode hard and put up wet.

It would be a work truck
But the eco is my executive truck!
This is best one I’ve found around every thing else is roaches
Going to look tonight

|

7/24/2019 10:42 AM

colintrax wrote:

RONJ OSE wrote:

It would be a work truck
Going to look tonight

I'll put a hundred on this thing being roached. I mean new Dana 60s at 300k miles? That right there should tell you the life that truck has had.

|

7/24/2019 12:11 PM

colintrax wrote:

RONJ OSE wrote:

It would be a work truck
Going to look tonight

colintrax wrote:

I'll put a hundred on this thing being roached. I mean new Dana 60s at 300k miles? That right there should tell you the life that truck has had.

I’ll go check it tonight and see

|

7/24/2019 12:19 PM

RONJ OSE wrote:

It would be a work truck
Going to look tonight

That thing is gonna kill you in fuel cost on your 300 mile daily drives cool

|

7/24/2019 12:33 PM

Pay a little more and get an actually clean one. Thats going to be a disaster.

|

7/24/2019 2:53 PM

yz133rider wrote:

I pretty much knew you'd say that. Still hard pass. Seriously. Find one all stock garage kept and cared for. That things a disaster believe me.

Yep, I know nothing about American trucks but someone has already fucked with that. When buying 2nd hand my rule is always buy the neatest most stock standard one around

|

7/24/2019 3:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2019 3:18 PM

IMO, “lifted” and “work” don’t usually go well together. Pain in the ass if you regularly use the bed.

|

7/24/2019 3:23 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

IMO, “lifted” and “work” don’t usually go well together. Pain in the ass if you regularly use the bed.

Lol right
I was thinking about dropping a couple springs if I buy it

|

7/24/2019 3:49 PM

So I cut work early yesterday to meet this guy he says he has dinner with his daughter.
Today he’s like ya let’s meet so I cut work early guys like I sold it yesterday

|

7/24/2019 4:23 PM

So the day after he sells it he asks if you want to meet and look at it? laughing

|

7/24/2019 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2019 5:34 PM

Maybe his wife didn't make him sell it

|

7/24/2019 8:04 PM

So the guy Spent 4K on it but wants to sell it for 6k? and if that work didn't cost 4k plus then it's got crap parts in it.

Those are excellent trucks but they don't nickle dime anyone, it's more like 100's & 1000's

|

7/25/2019 4:47 PM

My buddy has one of these trucks. I get that it's a reliable engine, but that doesn't mean the rest of the truck will hold up. His is a '97 with maybe 180k on it. He's had to do cab corners, rockers, bed supports, bed sides. You can dress it up all you want, but its a 20+ year old work truck.

For what people want for these things, you could get something much newer and nicer.

|

7/25/2019 5:17 PM

I would be all over that obs if it was 4 doors at that price. Would still consider it as is. Makes me wonder why it’s so cheap. The 7.3 in that body style goes for way more than that asking price. Ask about the front end. The front end and transmission were the down fall of that truck. The 7.3 is a million mile engine, but just like the Cummins, it’s the truck that falls apart before the engine

|

7/25/2019 5:44 PM

JRT812 wrote:

I would be all over that obs if it was 4 doors at that price. Would still consider it as is. Makes me wonder why it’s so cheap. The 7.3 in that body style goes for way more than that asking price. Ask about the front end. The front end and transmission were the down fall of that truck. The 7.3 is a million mile engine, but just like the Cummins, it’s the truck that falls apart before the engine

That’s the price for all diesels around my part 6-8 90s-2009

|

7/25/2019 5:51 PM

JRT812 wrote:

RONJ OSE wrote:

That’s the price for all diesels around my part 6-8 90s-2009

Interesting. Not mine out anywhere else I’ve looked

|