14 year old girl plays Eruption.....perfectly.

jonjon714
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2013 9:24pm
Holy Cow!!!! She nailed it.

What do you think, does this kid have a future?

|
XXVoid MainXX
5/23/2013 7:17pm
She plays it better than I play it and I thought I was pretty good at it. Smile
Racer92
5/23/2013 7:34pm
Sure,,,, but can she play Lamb of God?

Wink
fcr
5/23/2013 7:39pm
There 's a chick that nails that on drums, she's sikk.

The Shop

fcr
5/23/2013 8:40pm
Metal Cohen, Lamb of Gahd..... and eruption on her off days
newmann
5/23/2013 8:51pm
Not good unless she can do it drunk off her ass like Eddie always did. VH was so good back in 78 or 79 when I first saw them but by 81 they were a bunch of slobbermouth drunks. They stopped midway through several songs at a local concert after forgetting where they were. Slugging whiskey straight from the bottle on stage. Weird...
PaleBlue
5/23/2013 11:58pm
I thought you guys were unimpressed by the French. Wink

Undoubtedly extremely talented but ultimately, she's only copying.
Mr. G
5/24/2013 12:52am
She doesn't nail it and the tone is horrible but you gotta give credit where credit is due. She even had time to look around for God's sake! And yes is is copying. Steve Vai who is a Hendrix fan, when people tell that his stuff is not so hard he tells them, "You come up with it." Learning it after the fact can be impressive but coming up with it, that is the genius.
XXVoid MainXX
5/24/2013 3:47am
newmann wrote:
Not good unless she can do it drunk off her ass like Eddie always did. VH was so good back in 78 or 79 when I...
Not good unless she can do it drunk off her ass like Eddie always did. VH was so good back in 78 or 79 when I first saw them but by 81 they were a bunch of slobbermouth drunks. They stopped midway through several songs at a local concert after forgetting where they were. Slugging whiskey straight from the bottle on stage. Weird...
I had a similar experience when I saw them at Monsters of Rock at Donnington Park around '84.
Racer92
5/24/2013 4:24am
"Undoubtedly extremely talented but ultimately, she's only copying."

",,,, but coming up with it, that is the genius."
jonjon714
5/24/2013 5:27am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2013 5:33am
Maybe some of you are right, kid needs her ass beat.

Tough crowd I tell ya.....never ceases to amaze me the number of uber educated aficionados there is on the internets.
DoctorJD
5/24/2013 5:57am
I saw that earlier this week. I'm no guitarist, but I thought she was pretty damn impressive. She needs to team up with that 6 year-old drummer (Avery).
jtomasik
5/24/2013 6:43am
Racer92 wrote:

^ This.

Lots of delay and it makes the average sound great. Remove the electronics and maybe this qualifies as pretty damn good:

https://youtu.be/rh3WEggXBl8
Mr. G
5/25/2013 10:35am
I saw Van Halen in 82 and 84, both at the Forum. They nailed it both times. Even songs that are difficult to play like "Girl gone bad", it was perfect.
yzthumpa
5/25/2013 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2013 1:55pm
jonjon714 wrote:
Maybe some of you are right, kid needs her ass beat. Tough crowd I tell ya.....never ceases to amaze me the number of uber educated aficionados...

Tough crowd I tell ya.....never ceases to amaze me the number of uber educated aficionados there is on the internets.
I can't help but but laugh at the ones knocking her for playing a cover tune. I'm sure she has some of her own stuff, but who doesn't play covers when they are in their early teens? I was most impressed by the fact that she is so lackadaisical while playing it - it's obviously so easy for her that she is pretty bored playing it. On her channel, I really liked watching her 170 bpm chord sweeps. She's got some other videos from when she was even younger also. While stuff like that can be taught, there's definitely a very high degree of natural talent involved to be playing at that level at that age. I've been playing for 35 years, and I'd be embarrassed to pick up a guitar in the same room as her.
newmann
5/25/2013 2:15pm
jonjon714 wrote:
Maybe some of you are right, kid needs her ass beat. Tough crowd I tell ya.....never ceases to amaze me the number of uber educated aficionados...

yzthumpa wrote:
I can't help but but laugh at the ones knocking her for playing a cover tune. I'm sure she has some of her own stuff, but...
I can't help but but laugh at the ones knocking her for playing a cover tune. I'm sure she has some of her own stuff, but who doesn't play covers when they are in their early teens? I was most impressed by the fact that she is so lackadaisical while playing it - it's obviously so easy for her that she is pretty bored playing it. On her channel, I really liked watching her 170 bpm chord sweeps. She's got some other videos from when she was even younger also. While stuff like that can be taught, there's definitely a very high degree of natural talent involved to be playing at that level at that age. I've been playing for 35 years, and I'd be embarrassed to pick up a guitar in the same room as her.
Exactly why I said she needs to try it drunk! She looks bored,too easy.Laughing
jtomasik
5/25/2013 6:34pm
Mr. G wrote:
I saw Van Halen in 82 and 84, both at the Forum. They nailed it both times. Even songs that are difficult to play like "Girl...
I saw Van Halen in 82 and 84, both at the Forum. They nailed it both times. Even songs that are difficult to play like "Girl gone bad", it was perfect.
I saw VH at the Forum in 1980 (Dallas). Eh, it was so-so. Roth was a serious let-down. Still is.
Racer92
5/25/2013 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2013 7:16pm
yzthumpa wrote:
I can't help but but laugh at the ones knocking her for playing a cover tune. I'm sure she has some of her own stuff, but...
Shes bored with the song because she's already practiced that one about ten thousand times in the past and that video we just saw, in particular, was probably the 15th take that morning as her dad kept saying, "do it over, you can do better."

Are people honestly that impressed with speed and shredding? Is that what "talent" means nowadays?

Ive seen SRV stand there and keep hitting ONE NOTE over, and over, and over, the same note, no fret finger going anywhere, just Stevie throwing his head back, eyes closed, channeling the blues-gods, squeezing human-emotion out of a single string causing the hair on my neck to stand up. And to how I rate stuff, that is the kinda guitar playing to be blown away by. Not mechanical scaling all over the place like a Yngwie on crack.

The young lady has incredible speed, dexterity, precision and skill. I hope she goes on to achieve all her goals. But to be honest Im more impressed with this young lady here.

He said, "Drifter can make folks cry when you play and sing?"
"Have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings?"
He said, "Son can you make folks feel what you feel inside?"
"Cuz if your big star bound lemme warn you its a long hard ride."

~ David Allan Coe
level
5/25/2013 8:08pm
I am amazed that anybody can play a guitar like that to be honest.
tunedlength
5/25/2013 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2013 11:00pm
Racer92 wrote:

jtomasik wrote:
^ This.

Lots of delay and it makes the average sound great. Remove the electronics and maybe this qualifies as pretty damn good:

https://youtu.be/rh3WEggXBl8
Yeah, but he didn't compose the piece therefore he must suck!
Seriously that is incredible.
jmar
5/26/2013 9:23pm
Racer92 wrote:
Sure,,,, but can she play Lamb of God?

Wink
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: 14 year old girl plays Eruption.....perfectly.

The Latest