New to Motocross

SRT41
Edited Date/Time 3/9/2016 10:00pm
Looking for some tips for a beginner on a motocross track. I haven't been around bikes for about 15 years and have only been on my kx250f a couple times so far this year. I'm not fully up to speed on it yet, but feel comfortable enough to attempt the D class somewhere. I've been around different types of dirt track racing my entire life and feel like its just one of them things you have to man up and do. Opinions?
|
3/2/2016 7:44am
I would probably get in a few more practice sessions, but you have got to do what you got to do. Hold your line, don't cross on the face of jumps, and just remember to have fun. It is supposed to be fun, and it is! My first race, decades ago, I was pretty nervous, but man...I was addicted after that first one. The weekends couldn't come fast enough!
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
3/2/2016 4:10pm
If you wanna race, go for it. Sign up for D and see how ya do
mimafia
Fantasy
2688th
3/4/2016 4:50am
Have you ever ridden on an mx track? If not I would suggest seeing if one of your local tracks has a practice day and do that first. And like harry back said hold your lines, especially on jumps!
twnorton
3/6/2016 1:41pm
SRT41 wrote:
Looking for some tips for a beginner on a motocross track. I haven't been around bikes for about 15 years and have only been on my...
Looking for some tips for a beginner on a motocross track. I haven't been around bikes for about 15 years and have only been on my kx250f a couple times so far this year. I'm not fully up to speed on it yet, but feel comfortable enough to attempt the D class somewhere. I've been around different types of dirt track racing my entire life and feel like its just one of them things you have to man up and do. Opinions?
Clarion PA? Im not too far from you. New Castle area

The Shop

Gokusan
3/9/2016 10:00pm
Get a few practice sessions on an actual track if you haven't already. Don't worry about being 'up to speed' if this is your first race. Don't ride over your head & if you're being lapped stay in your line and allow the rider lapping you to pass. You're gonna be super nervous on the line, don't worry that's natural and it's gonna happen every single time you line up. Once the gate drops have fun!

Post a reply to: New to Motocross

The Latest