Is My Helmet Still Safe to Wear

braap981
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2013 2:00pm
Hi, I just recently bought a FOX V4 carbon helmet, love the helmet and it's the most comfortable helmet I've ever had, I was just wondering if my helmet is safe to wear still, I''ve had 2 very hard crashes one landing on top of my head over the bars breaking my collarbone the other was was a whiplash head slap to the side of the helmet, it's got very deep scratches all over the helmet and in the side of the helmet i'm just worried it's it the carbon shell getting cracked to where I can't see it and that's the part i'm worried about in the event of another crash and I don' know if its's still safe to wear, I don't wanna ride in it risking another crash if it isn't safe, i don't think it's done anything to the inner foam, but i'm just worred that it's had 2 hard crashes both landing strait to my head, any help is very much appreciated hope this isn't a dumb question haha, just can't risk safety it's the most important part to me when i ride thanx.
|
huck
6/11/2013 10:02am
Take out the liner and see if there are any 'dents' in the foam. If there are, time to put it on the shelf.
braap981
6/11/2013 10:55pm
huck wrote:
Take out the liner and see if there are any 'dents' in the foam. If there are, time to put it on the shelf.
Okay, thanx man I'll check it out I appreciate the reply
bangmyhead
6/27/2013 11:11am
i go two good crashes on the noggin and then hung it up. Esp if its a whip lash style crash. You could be looking for dents and not realize that the entire side/top/back of the helmet has been compressed
7/1/2013 4:57pm
huck wrote:
braap981 wrote:
Okay, thanx man I'll check it out I appreciate the reply
Hey, even if you wont find any it will be most recomended (folowed by your description of the crashes) that you get a new one.
some "dents" are hard to find by touch and you may find out about it on your next crash....

The Shop

8/24/2013 1:28am
I am a rider and i very like riding. I have wear mx racing clothes, helmet, good shoes, gloves with all protections. It's very important for safe our life. But helmet is very important for riding. Helmet is do safe our life of crashes.
8/30/2013 8:41am
I am a rider and i very like riding. I have wear mx racing clothes, helmet, good shoes, gloves with all protections. It's very important for...
I am a rider and i very like riding. I have wear mx racing clothes, helmet, good shoes, gloves with all protections. It's very important for safe our life. But helmet is very important for riding. Helmet is do safe our life of crashes.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
9/24/2013 5:41am
I too do the motocrosses. With my helmet fixed on the head, many times the dirt meets me. Many helmets recline on the shelf, each one with a dirt meeting story. Your helmet has lived its story and must step aside for the next group to be the protectors. Safe for life, rabbits don't lie.
Beast666
9/25/2013 6:15am
Replace it and put it in your trophy room. Helmets are cheap your life or your brain does not have a price tag as it is not a replaceable part.
Markout
9/25/2013 6:40am
Safety aside, I liked to get rid of any equipment I was wearing at the time of a big crash.This was on a road bike. I always thought of it as bad luck...lol.

Post a reply to: Is My Helmet Still Safe to Wear

The Latest