your last race?

dirtnapper
3/26/2014 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2014 11:40pm
Some of you are lucky to have raced by now, or perhaps have raced all winter, unlike us poor shmucks up here in Alberta.

Thought it might be cool to hear when your last race or moto was and how it went. Not a big long long story, just a short recap ( pulled a monster holey, lead every lap, threw a huge pancake off the finish, went home with the 30 second board girl.....you know, the usual thing.........Tongue )

Mine ( believe it or not ) was Sept 30th, 2013 Sad It was COLD, like frost on my bike seat before practise cold. I got a fourth place start, floundered around for 15 minutes plus two, and ended up sixth.

Whistling

But it was just me and the wifey that weekend and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait til my first race this spring.
|
3/26/2014 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2014 9:23pm
Mine was a Vintage National on 11/18/12 at Canyon MX, the day started off pretty great, when they gave me the cool bike Award. I raced GP3 Int, and believe it or not, I did pull both hole shots, with the Exp. included, I managed to only let one Exp. pass me in both motos, so I got first overall in my class. Here's a picture of one of the holey's, an action shot, and the heavy metal I brought home after.

yz414
3/26/2014 9:46pm
last race of the '13 season in mid september, i was in a cast 12 weeks with a broken scaphoid and i only rode on a track once before race day.

Damn was i ever out of shape, managed to go 7-7 in Open A and 5-6 in 250A but i almost pulled off from the pain in my wrist

doc took the cast off and said "no physical activity or jarring the wrist for at least a month until the muscle is back" I went riding that night and raced 5 days later

luckily i was able to get tons of riding in in september and october

Wrist is good, i have a new bike and i cant wait for racing to start!
jemcee
3/26/2014 10:10pm
my very last race.. mate got the holeshot (as usual) I got a shitty start (as usual) so I had to chase him down.. bout 3 hours later I broke my neck in the first turn of the second race.. but aaah well I won my last race so it's not all bad haha

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
3/26/2014 10:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 12:05am
After a five and a half year hiatus, my brother and I turned up to a local race and had the option of racing "Lites" B/C, or "Lites" A.
I said "lets go B/C"... Sandbagger?Laughing

Pulled over and threw up 2 laps into my first moto, then proceeded to Hole-shot and win both my other moto's, (Stock YZ 125).

Next race I was asked to move up to A, completed one lap of practice, and called it a day... It was a quagmire to the point my chain was about to snap, from all the mud that had built up.

My dad passed away not long after; He was at every one of my races since my first PW race, (sometime in '91).
Two months later, I went for my first ride and my bike, with about 15 hours on it, went "Kaboom", (like an explosive space modulator).Laughing

Haven't ridden since.

Johnny, you've got such a rad attitude, I feel like a bitch telling my story.CoolWinkSmile

The Shop

urbanlift707
3/26/2014 11:00pm
https://youtu.be/337HylM6uq0

This was from November, the weather is not my problem. My closest track is 4 hours away, kinda puts a damper on the racing for me. Damn gopro ran outta batteries, it missed a hell of a battle with my best friend, think I won or lost??
Daniel816
3/27/2014 12:01am
My last race was 2/21-2/22/13. Spring Creek, Nevada held a Tiger Lacey memorial race as he raced there a few times. I borrowed a 20 ft enclosed trailer and hauled myself and 4 buddies up there from 250/450 b riders to a few of us vets and a pro. first night I rode pretty tight since it was about 30 degrees in the arena but came away with one of Tiger's helmets in an auction. Second day I holeshoted both my Motos and went 2-2 on the day! Next race I'll be at is 4/13 at Riverfront!
Gazza
3/27/2014 1:46am
My last race was all the way back in 2011! Working over in China on an MX bike, took it to a big localish event and paid a kid to race it. I got itchy feet so managed to borrow a 4 speed 125 4 stroke with next to no brakes to race through the foot deep slop of a track. After being nearly last off the line due to the extreme lack of acceleration ability I proceeded to lap the entire field. I felt like JS7 with how much people were all over me before that and it was crazy after! (Only white guy there)

As for my next race, this weekend if all goes well! Still living in a foreign land but apparently there are a few people in England that can ride a dirtcycle so it should be interesting, can't wait!
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
3/27/2014 1:57am
Had my last "real" race in 2001 and kept the goggles:

Then started riding again last year and this was my first (and last since) race back!

Sandberm
3/27/2014 4:42am
My last race was in the fall of 2004.

I realized my two-stroke style and bike didnt jive with the "new" 4-stroke style of tracks and that I wasn't having any fun.

I'd probably still be racing occasionally if my local track was a tight whooped out sand track.
IWreckALot
3/27/2014 4:59am
I raced cross country this past weekend. Got 8th but beat the girl in the class. She's actually pretty quick though. Practice was 6 hours on Saturday and did a lap on Sunday morning. Then raced at 10:30. Got about a 6th place start which is good for me. My lap times didn't fade for the whole race. My last lap time was within :15 of my first lap. I'm bad about trailing off the last lap or two.
bogdan912
3/27/2014 5:31am
Back in august at Lorettas. I've only ridden once since then as well.
nytsmaC
3/27/2014 5:31am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 6:15am
2004, holeshot and was working my way backwards through the pack like I always do. This strategy had always worked well for me in the past. I made it back to 2nd and had a major brain fart, I tried to slip back into the lead instead of 3rd, doubled into a rhythm section using the same line as the 15 year old kid who was leading. He braked hard to single in for some reason, I had to eject to keep from landing on him. Result, DNF and broken kneecap.

I decided I was done with racing and getting hurt until I turn 30 and can ride the age classes where the other guys on the line qre a little safer and less squirrely. I'm 32 now and still trying to get back into race shape, going to get my feet wet again this year.
pacetruckdrvr
3/27/2014 5:48am
my last race was Thanksgiving weekend which here in Canada is early October,it was my second time on the bike since badly breaking my collarbone in August and having surgery with plates and screws. It was at my local track but it was uncharacteristically muddy which I'm not super stoked on riding in but did my best, started in third place and lost one position to finish 4th, so was pretty happy with that.
wydopen
3/27/2014 5:53am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 5:55am
1995 Castaic Lake 80cc beginner..

got smoked like a cheap cigar..

on the upside my old man pulled some sweet dunlops out of the trashcan....they were better than the chen shings I had on my 83 yz80

He couldnt believe people were only running their rear tires for a few motos..
Camp332
3/27/2014 6:21am

Last May 30+B at Englishtown. In moto 1 I pulled a nice holey(above pic) led a few laps until a rider was down and they were waving a red cross flag. My mind went all supercross, and i slowed down almost to a stop, rolled a jump and second place went blazing past me.

Second moto didnt get the holey but passed up to 3rd and scored a 2nd overall for the day.

After that i got hurt and didnt race the rest of the season.

Good stories Bro's
slipdog
3/27/2014 6:41am
OTHG National at Hangtown in 2009

I decided my body doesn't have the conditioning to keep up with my wrist anymore so I graduated to Practice Princess status.
Titan1
3/27/2014 9:30am
Last race was a month ago...Rhino Rally Hare and Hound in St George UT.

Got an okay start...passed for the lead in my class about 15 miles into the race...and hung on for the next 55 miles for the Vet B win (and 11th overall Cool .

Here you go:

https://youtu.be/EpnWJM79uD4
sleeve1
Fantasy
2134th
3/27/2014 5:34pm
haven't gone at it since 07( the year my son was born)
now he's six. all i hear now is when do i get to see you race dad?
guess i'll try my luck in some local vet classes this summer just so my son can get a look at his slow ass dad racing.
JOHN CHOATE
3/27/2014 5:45pm
March 16, 2014 South of the Border MX. It was a Carolina Ultra Series race and also (more important to me) a Loretta Lynn area qualifier. Practice and the first moto was relatively dry but the rains came and the second moto was a mudder. I finished 1st and took home a nice plaque, $50 cash for first place and also Yamaha Blu Cru contingency money. My wife and daughter were with me so it was a great weekend. RIDE ON !!!
Gabriel J
3/27/2014 5:49pm
November 13th 2011. First lap running up front, went down where nobody I knew could see..Left in the ambulance after losing consciousness for a few minutes. Got to leave the hospital that night, but still not sure if I didn't put a permanent flat spot somewhere on my brain.

Rode about 30hrs more in 2012 w/no racing, then ran into back issues and hung up the boots in March last year. Been just about a year since I rode a bike.
The Rock
3/27/2014 5:59pm
1/4/14 with my previous race 37 months earlier. Got a rib injury six days before the race so my performance was sub par but I didn't feel as bad when I got it X rayed after the race learning my 9th rib on left side was actually broken. I still had a blast but the 2nd twenty minute moto seemed like it lasted an hour.

Looking forward to racing REM A1 Saturday 2015 healthy.

davis224
Fantasy
182nd
3/27/2014 6:14pm
February of 2012, first race of the year, came up short on a jump that had a steep jump face right after the landing, nosed into it, I smacked the ground hard, bike cartwheeled and the rear tire smacked my back. No major injury, but I was a sore MFer for weeks and my back still bothers me! I was riding within a couple months but haven't raced since. Planning on making a comeback this year now that I can race the +25 class!
MarkF
3/27/2014 6:22pm
Raced last weekend here in Colorado. It was very cold. I raced the 50+ class and the 40 pro class. I got all 4 holeshots and led every lap of all 4 moto's. Unfortunately, in my first 50+ moto I went off the wrong gate and was dq'd. It must be the old age catching up with me. You might think after racing for so many years, I would know which gate to leave on...guess not.
The Rock
3/27/2014 7:01pm
davis224 wrote:
February of 2012, first race of the year, came up short on a jump that had a steep jump face right after the landing, nosed into...
February of 2012, first race of the year, came up short on a jump that had a steep jump face right after the landing, nosed into it, I smacked the ground hard, bike cartwheeled and the rear tire smacked my back. No major injury, but I was a sore MFer for weeks and my back still bothers me! I was riding within a couple months but haven't raced since. Planning on making a comeback this year now that I can race the +25 class!
Were you wearing any back protection?
Tbteam
3/27/2014 7:03pm
jemcee wrote:
my very last race.. mate got the holeshot (as usual) I got a shitty start (as usual) so I had to chase him down.. bout 3...
my very last race.. mate got the holeshot (as usual) I got a shitty start (as usual) so I had to chase him down.. bout 3 hours later I broke my neck in the first turn of the second race.. but aaah well I won my last race so it's not all bad haha

Man, watching that is a bit tough. You look really good in that moto, but thinking about what happens later in the day just ruins me.

Anyway, hope your enjoying life an it's cool that your still a moto head like the rest of us.
3/27/2014 7:15pm
https://youtu.be/337HylM6uq0 This was from November, the weather is not my problem. My closest track is 4 hours away, kinda puts a damper on the racing for...
https://youtu.be/337HylM6uq0

This was from November, the weather is not my problem. My closest track is 4 hours away, kinda puts a damper on the racing for me. Damn gopro ran outta batteries, it missed a hell of a battle with my best friend, think I won or lost??
I'd say you won since you caught him.

Nice hammering. You're faster than me. Blink
3/27/2014 7:18pm
Titan1 wrote:
Last race was a month ago...Rhino Rally Hare and Hound in St George UT. Got an okay start...passed for the lead in my class about 15...

Got an okay start...passed for the lead in my class about 15 miles into the race...and hung on for the next 55 miles for the Vet B win (and 11th overall Cool .

Here you go:

That was some gnarly territory! Hated the dust at the start but that course was cool.

My girlfriend wants to move to Utah and I keep seeing riding videos from the St. George area. Is that the place to ride there?
rockyuno
3/27/2014 8:05pm
The last one was a big race on the beach called Enduro Del Verano, held in Argentina, some big names in there. One race of 45 min over the dunes, SICK race.

Here's a resume.

Titan1
3/27/2014 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2014 8:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
Last race was a month ago...Rhino Rally Hare and Hound in St George UT. Got an okay start...passed for the lead in my class about 15...

Here you go:

That was some gnarly territory! Hated the dust at the start but that course was cool. My girlfriend wants to move to Utah and I keep...
That was some gnarly territory! Hated the dust at the start but that course was cool.

My girlfriend wants to move to Utah and I keep seeing riding videos from the St. George area. Is that the place to ride there?
For off road, Utah is unbelievable!!! From endless beautiful mountain single track in Northern Utah, to slick rock trails around Moab, to desert single track around St George, to endless desert and Sand in Western Utah.

Do YouTube searches for:

American fork canyon single track
Hobble Creek canyon single track
Chimney Rock single track
5 miles of Hell
Warner valley single track
Cherry Creek single track
Moab slick rock
Green River Single track
Whitewash single track

There is more, but that will give you a good idea of the riding here in Utah. It Literally has a TON of everything to ride.

I'm not much help on the moto scene though, you can check out motoutah.com, it's a local moto board, it's not as popular as vital but if you make a post you will get some good answers to your questions. Both for moto and off road.

St george is the place to be in the winter, but gets too hot in the summer (that is when the mountains become appealing).

Post a reply to: your last race?

The Latest