you know what, you can have an opinion....

dirtnapper
without being an a-hole Dry

I haven't been around Vital a whole bunch lately, last 3 weeks or so, but just taking some time to catch up here the last few nights. Is it just me or are there a lot of trolls, new accounts, and well....just idiots around here?

Why the hate for Dungey? Seems a few guys have a lot of spite right now ( talking to you gnarwhip, rutsmash and mr.reliable.......Pinch )

Oh well, perhaps I should take a nap, or just order a pizza. ( did I do that right? )
|
jeffro503
2/6/2017 7:44pm
dirtnapper wrote:
without being an a-hole :dry: I haven't been around Vital a whole bunch lately, last 3 weeks or so, but just taking some time to catch...

I haven't been around Vital a whole bunch lately, last 3 weeks or so, but just taking some time to catch up here the last few nights. Is it just me or are there a lot of trolls, new accounts, and well....just idiots around here?

Why the hate for Dungey? Seems a few guys have a lot of spite right now ( talking to you gnarwhip, rutsmash and mr.reliable.......Pinch )

Oh well, perhaps I should take a nap, or just order a pizza. ( did I do that right? )
Man you aint kidding! Last 3 weeks or so...they are coming out of the wood work. Not new guys either , stupid pussy anon dorks that have to keep signing up , going on account #25. Thank god I've been working a lot...cause i aint missing much.
toroP
2/6/2017 7:47pm
I can be an A-hole while having no opinion.
Does that count?
jeffro503
2/6/2017 7:49pm
toroP wrote:
I can be an A-hole while having no opinion.
Does that count?
You're one of the good ones here.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/6/2017 7:58pm
I think if you have a new account you should get a 5 post per week maximum and not be able to start a new thread for at least a month or two,that should weed out some of the trolls or at least keep their stupidity to a minimum.Cool

The Shop

ocscottie
2/6/2017 8:02pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think if you have a new account you should get a 5 post per week maximum and not be able to start a new thread...
I think if you have a new account you should get a 5 post per week maximum and not be able to start a new thread for at least a month or two,that should weed out some of the trolls or at least keep their stupidity to a minimum.Cool
I kinda like that idea, maybe not quite that stringent. Some forums have noob sections and you cant even post on the main board until you have so many posts in the noob section. Works well on some of the bigger forums i visit.
tobz
2/6/2017 8:03pm
It goes both ways. There's also an abundance on here that take a difference of opinion personally, and react in turn. Just saying....
Monk
2/6/2017 8:22pm
A-holes everywhere you go...

I actually find Vital a considerably different forum then what I am used too.

-In terms of dirtbike 'technical' information, pretty much non existent. A few people seem to offer information but limited at best.
-Offroad section is DEAD!
-Bazaar offers a pretty healthy selection of nice used stuff
-I don't see alot of 'rider/racer' experience. Arm chair racers? No alot of personal pictures or stories... Do you even ride bro?
-Some of the nicest, cleanest and most expensive bikes I've ever seen are on here. People love their CV/A kit forks like no other too... Do you even ride bro?
-But the Pro/Race forum is pretty dam fantastic! Tons and tons of material to read and some excellent information

I'm sure as I go deeper I'll learn more but with my limited time on Vital this is what I've seen...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/6/2017 8:28pm
I've been doing my part to play janitor.
bvm111
2/6/2017 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2017 8:32pm
I think its getting out of hand with the noobs round here lately!

Usually start out with obnoxious posts calling everyone a Vitard.

Then transitions to a dominating type personality where there is no way they are wrong about anything.

They then become super heroes with x ray vision and are able to know within a blink of an eye that line choice during a professiobal race was good or bad, intent of line choice (good or bad) if a rider cut down into another riders path with malice (even though that was the race line the whole race, defend a idiot move during the race ( usually with a, i can't believe im defending said rider or, I am not a fan of said rider, prior to their tirade about how wrong you are), the last thing they do is with a quick google search they are able to diagnose and become experts in medical terminology and diagnosis... isnt google a wonderful thing!

Lastly other low post count noobs show up in a pack to gang up on anyone that does not have the same opinon as they do, amazingly located in the same geographic location so more than likley the same guy with multiple accounts or other mini riders being jerks in their parents basement sitting in their tighty whiteys thinking they are cool!

Any who the thing that disappoints me the most is you cant post a good bear anymore as the noobs have no clue what it means.... and thats just sad!!!

MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
2/6/2017 8:36pm
Everyone's pretty much an asshole now. Ever drive a car in SoCal traffic? Lol.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/6/2017 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2017 9:01pm
More noobs starting hot button threads.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/6/2017 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2017 9:19pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think if you have a new account you should get a 5 post per week maximum and not be able to start a new thread...
Some derivation of that seems effective for other forums. Plus, it provides more accountability. It would also reduce the amount of the 'one and done" bomb threads made by first time posters that hide behind the veil of anonymity. I call that the "B-52 phenomenon" where they pop in, drop a strategically placed bomb, and then turn around and to go back to base while watching the explosion through the bombardier's window.
kkawboy14
2/6/2017 8:46pm
I'm not sure which is worse, the guys chumming the waters or the guys taking the bait! The guys taking the bait could just not comment and over look them and they will eventually go away
BobPA
2/6/2017 8:59pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I'm not sure which is worse, the guys chumming the waters or the guys taking the bait! The guys taking the bait could just not comment...
I'm not sure which is worse, the guys chumming the waters or the guys taking the bait! The guys taking the bait could just not comment and over look them and they will eventually go away
Chumming the waters is 3/4 of the fun....after all it is just the internet
jeffro503
2/6/2017 9:04pm
lostboy819 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
I kinda like that idea, maybe not quite that stringent. Some forums have noob sections and you cant even post on the main board until you...
I kinda like that idea, maybe not quite that stringent. Some forums have noob sections and you cant even post on the main board until you have so many posts in the noob section. Works well on some of the bigger forums i visit.
Scottie , Steve , Dwayne , Michael....I have some ideas , but never emailed anything over to you guys. I will say , one of my other hobbies ( very , very little actually ) but have been a member for a very long time , is on a few computer enthusiast type boards. Those boards don't just have 3 - 5 mods....there are probably a good 50 mods on the one main site I go to.

Steve , you are at the races and are busy. Michael usually is at them or doing something else like bike tests and so forth. Scottie runs the race threads on race day and has his hand full with that. Dwayne is so damn polite and cool , that he wants no part of some of this stuff and I don't even know if he has privileges to click someone? You few mods here , stay really busy , and I really , really think you need to pull a panel of guys together , that you know and trust ( Volunteer guys on both side of the pond ) and let them help you take care of some of this shit.

Example : 10 new mods have a room in where they can discuss who to watch out for ,and who is causing a bunch of problems , the majority rules and if some guy with a 2 day account is attacking people....no questions asked , click his ass.

You guys here sometimes don't see some of the stuff that goes on. One mod will just delete all the bullshit from anon poster , but the guy stays.....and just keeps posting bullshit.

Pick some guys you trust! Andymoto , Husky Ed , Jay , 40plus " Spode ".....There is a long list. And quite frankly , you few mods here are usually so busy with other stuff , it gets bat shit crazy here. Ask for some damn help! What I wrote above , works on those huge forums.
jeffro503
2/6/2017 9:13pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I'm not sure which is worse, the guys chumming the waters or the guys taking the bait! The guys taking the bait could just not comment...
BobPA wrote:
Chumming the waters is 3/4 of the fun....after all it is just the internet
Totally depends on the topic at hand. You want to troll?....hopefully you're still in your teens or early 20's....cause if you're trolling message boards in your 30's and 40's....you're an idiot.

Try this : When you join a thread and want to bench race , act like it's a group of dudes at the track , already having a conversation. Talk like you're standing right in front of them. Some of the shit these troll's say on here....they wouldn't last 5 seconds at the track without getting punched right in the face.

But that's the way society is now days....be that little cowherd behind your computer screen.
BobPA
2/6/2017 9:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Totally depends on the topic at hand. You want to troll?....hopefully you're still in your teens or early 20's....cause if you're trolling message boards in your...
Totally depends on the topic at hand. You want to troll?....hopefully you're still in your teens or early 20's....cause if you're trolling message boards in your 30's and 40's....you're an idiot.

Try this : When you join a thread and want to bench race , act like it's a group of dudes at the track , already having a conversation. Talk like you're standing right in front of them. Some of the shit these troll's say on here....they wouldn't last 5 seconds at the track without getting punched right in the face.

But that's the way society is now days....be that little cowherd behind your computer screen.
Damn, guess I struck a nerve ehh? Still haven't reached my 30's, but in a few months I guess I'll be an "idiot". I do not Consider it to be trolling per se, but it has more to do with not taking the Internet, or life for that matter, too seriously.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
2/6/2017 9:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Totally depends on the topic at hand. You want to troll?....hopefully you're still in your teens or early 20's....cause if you're trolling message boards in your...

BobPA wrote:
Damn, guess I struck a nerve ehh? Still haven't reached my 30's, but in a few months I guess I'll be an "idiot". I do not...
Damn, guess I struck a nerve ehh? Still haven't reached my 30's, but in a few months I guess I'll be an "idiot". I do not Consider it to be trolling per se, but it has more to do with not taking the Internet, or life for that matter, too seriously.
Whistling kiss and make up already
BobPA
2/6/2017 9:45pm
MX Guy wrote:

I was bummed I couldn't find the clip
rubarb
2/6/2017 10:06pm
My opinion, you sound like a barney when you use the vernacular "socal" or "cali"
jeffro503
2/6/2017 10:07pm
jeffro503 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
Damn, guess I struck a nerve ehh? Still haven't reached my 30's, but in a few months I guess I'll be an "idiot". I do not...
Bob...this aint black and white. Almost every single person on her troll's to some extent. But most are here to actually bench race , talk about bikes , the racing , the riders ect....

There is a difference between that and the type of trolling i was talking about. If you start off being a prick right from the start , you can pretty much guess how their posting history will go.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
2/6/2017 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2017 10:20pm
MX Guy wrote:
BobPA wrote:
[URL=http://s817.photobucket.com/user/btf454/media/473DCAB5-FBAD-4BE1-89C2-1B20EB37D3B9_zpsbnahkrrf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/btf454/473DCAB5-FBAD-4BE1-89C2-1B20EB37D3B9_zpsbnahkrrf.jpg[/IMG][/URL] I was bummed I couldn't find the clip

I was bummed I couldn't find the clip
Family Guy has a way of relating to just about anything Grinning love Stewie
mx836
2/7/2017 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2017 2:42pm
BobPA wrote:
That's hilarious! Every time you troll somebody and they give it back you instantly get defensive and start a personal attack about how they take life too serious and all this BS. Get your head figured out.

Edited for autocorrect.
SVT-Cobra
2/7/2017 2:36pm
dirtnapper wrote:
without being an a-hole :dry: I haven't been around Vital a whole bunch lately, last 3 weeks or so, but just taking some time to catch...

jeffro503 wrote:
Man you aint kidding! Last 3 weeks or so...they are coming out of the wood work. Not new guys either , stupid pussy anon dorks that...
Man you aint kidding! Last 3 weeks or so...they are coming out of the wood work. Not new guys either , stupid pussy anon dorks that have to keep signing up , going on account #25. Thank god I've been working a lot...cause i aint missing much.
You really think you're qualified Jeffro?
jeffro503
2/7/2017 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2017 3:05pm
dirtnapper wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Man you aint kidding! Last 3 weeks or so...they are coming out of the wood work. Not new guys either , stupid pussy anon dorks that...
SVT-Cobra wrote:
Yeah. And me being here 10 years proves i get along with the majority. You disagee i guess. No worries.

Edit : you mean to be a mod? I don't want a moderator job but I'd like to help out if i could. Plenty more qualified guys and gals then me.
SVT-Cobra
2/7/2017 3:12pm
jeffro503 wrote:
SVT-Cobra wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah. And me being here 10 years proves i get along with the majority. You disagee i guess. No worries. Edit : you mean to be...
Yeah. And me being here 10 years proves i get along with the majority. You disagee i guess. No worries.

Edit : you mean to be a mod? I don't want a moderator job but I'd like to help out if i could. Plenty more qualified guys and gals then me.
Seniority means you should know better, unprovokingly calling someone a "moron" because they do not agree with you is not that. This was not said to me, but I do recall it from one of your threads. If you are going to attempt to preach like you are on some sort of moral high ground, I expect you to be firmly on said ground and not knee deep in your own shit.
Taylor415
2/7/2017 3:30pm
Looks like I finally joined at the wrong time, haha. Long time lurker. Don't worry about me, I'm just a slow vet guy with nothing to prove. Ride atleast once a week and love watching racing, talking Moto and working on bikes. Always buying and selling parts too, I've missed out on some nice stuff because I hadn't signed up. Lots of great info on here.

Post a reply to: you know what, you can have an opinion....

The Latest