you guys are all high ('re: stewie)

jrt240
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 9:17pm
Long time reader first time poster, never had anything to add until now. I raced road bicycles for the good part of 20 years and clanged around different levels of the pro 1/2 scene for many moons. I have experienced first hand what doping does to sport - it isn't pretty. Mules are turned into race horses and racehorses are turned into gods. Been dropped by the best and people that made you shake your head. saw and heard things regarding peds that were insane. Peds do make a difference, even a small advantage is huge. One thing I have learned is that where there's smoke there's fire, and I will say this - and stamp it. A rider of Stewart's pedigree does not accidentally/randomly test positive for something like aderall. All he had to do was file it and get on with his day. If a privateer tested positive I would feel a little more sympathy. Stewie has the best doctors and handlers, this should have never happened - unless it is as as it appears. Cheating, pure and simple

Flame away
|
smeg
6/21/2014 6:52pm
Firstly .....Peds do make a difference, even a small advantage is huge.... Isn't that a little oxymoronic??? Tongue

Secondly... A rider of Stewart's pedigree does not accidentally/randomly test positive for something like aderall... That statement is 100% correct.
zehn
6/21/2014 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 6:55pm
I can't believe I'm even responding to this crap....

So you liken Adderall to the likes of EPO, HGH, blood transfusions, the whole gambit? That's a false equivalency if I've ever seen one. I think you're the one who is high here.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/21/2014 6:59pm
I don't put Adderall in the same category as doping or steroids, but just like JRT said, James has the best people on his side(doctors, trainers, agents, parents, ect). If this was doctors orders they should have filed for an exception, it's that's simple. Then there would not even be a question.

Anyone buying into this story that he's been taking it his whole life by doctors orders, is just being fooled by a cover up.
6/21/2014 7:00pm
smeg wrote:
Firstly .....Peds do make a difference, even a small advantage is huge.... Isn't that a little oxymoronic??? :P Secondly... A rider of Stewart's pedigree does not...
Firstly .....Peds do make a difference, even a small advantage is huge.... Isn't that a little oxymoronic??? Tongue

Secondly... A rider of Stewart's pedigree does not accidentally/randomly test positive for something like aderall... That statement is 100% correct.
No it's not oxymoronic.

The Shop

jrt240
6/21/2014 7:01pm
zehn wrote:
I can't believe I'm even responding to this crap.... So you liken Adderall to the likes of EPO, HGH, blood transfusions, the whole gambit? That's a...

So you liken Adderall to the likes of EPO, HGH, blood transfusions, the whole gambit? That's a false equivalency if I've ever seen one. I think you're the one who is high here.
If it's legit file a Tue, easy enough when you're a millionaire. The nut huggers are blinded I see
steve_97060
6/21/2014 7:03pm
Seriously, another thread for the same shit?

you couldn't have just added your "expert" opinion to one of the other 20 threads?
zehn
6/21/2014 7:10pm
zehn wrote:
I can't believe I'm even responding to this crap.... So you liken Adderall to the likes of EPO, HGH, blood transfusions, the whole gambit? That's a...

jrt240 wrote:
If it's legit file a Tue, easy enough when you're a millionaire. The nut huggers are blinded I see
Way to not respond to my question, which had nothing to do with TUEs. Do you or do you not put Adderall into the same category as EPO, HGH, steroids, blood transfusions, etc.?
jrt240
6/21/2014 7:12pm
zehn wrote:

jrt240 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Way to not respond to my question, which had nothing to do with TUEs. Do you or do you not put Adderall into the same category...
Way to not respond to my question, which had nothing to do with TUEs. Do you or do you not put Adderall into the same category as EPO, HGH, steroids, blood transfusions, etc.?
They know the rules, they know the list of banned substances and the easy out. Do I have to fill in the blanks for you too?
zehn
6/21/2014 7:14pm
jrt240 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Way to not respond to my question, which had nothing to do with TUEs. Do you or do you not put Adderall into the same category...
jrt240 wrote:
They know the rules, they know the list of banned substances and the easy out. Do I have to fill in the blanks for you too?
Nope, because I don't struggle with reading comprehension in the slightest. I prefer to see these kind of violations as a spectrum, rather than the authoritarian, war-on-drugs view that some people have.
smeg
6/21/2014 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 7:17pm
smeg wrote:
Firstly .....Peds do make a difference, even a small advantage is huge.... Isn't that a little oxymoronic??? :P Secondly... A rider of Stewart's pedigree does not...

No it's not oxymoronic.
You either have a small advantage or a large advantage. To have both is an oxymoron.

I understand what you re saying in your post but the way it is written is an oxymoron.

edit: I just re-read it and you are correct, I am mistaken/wrong. My bad.

edit2: Nevermind, I just re-re-read it and I think I'm right.
jrt240
6/21/2014 7:24pm
zehn wrote:
jrt240 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Nope, because I don't struggle with reading comprehension in the slightest. I prefer to see these kind of violations as a spectrum, rather than the authoritarian...
Nope, because I don't struggle with reading comprehension in the slightest. I prefer to see these kind of violations as a spectrum, rather than the authoritarian, war-on-drugs view that some people have.
You're missing the point. It's not about the substance so much as the fact that it it is banned - and that fact is common knowledge. Failure for team stewie
6/21/2014 7:27pm
jrt240 wrote:
You're missing the point. It's not about the substance so much as the fact that it it is banned - and that fact is common knowledge...
You're missing the point. It's not about the substance so much as the fact that it it is banned - and that fact is common knowledge. Failure for team stewie
I have a question.

If a TUE is easy to get, why didn't he file? If it's a routine process to get an exemption, getting caught seems less like cheating and more like gross incompetence to me.
zehn
6/21/2014 7:33pm
jrt240 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Nope, because I don't struggle with reading comprehension in the slightest. I prefer to see these kind of violations as a spectrum, rather than the authoritarian...
jrt240 wrote:
You're missing the point. It's not about the substance so much as the fact that it it is banned - and that fact is common knowledge...
I'm not missing the point. I understand that it is a banned substance and that people know it. If you go back and read what I wrote again, you'll see that I see these violations as a spectrum, rather than black and white. I.E. if a rider gets busted for EPO and legit blood doping, he shouldn't have the same punishment as someone who gets popped for albuterol or adderall.
jrt240
6/21/2014 7:34pm
jrt240 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
I have a question. If a TUE is easy to get, why didn't he file? If it's a routine process to get an exemption, getting caught...
I have a question.

If a TUE is easy to get, why didn't he file? If it's a routine process to get an exemption, getting caught seems less like cheating and more like gross incompetence to me.
Incompetence or the tip of the iceberg? That is the question
6/21/2014 7:51pm
jrt240 wrote:
zehn wrote:
jrt240 wrote:
Seriously you are on a good one man....ive been in and around this sport along with cycling and mtb seen over a couple decades...go into a random pit at the top or even a guy racing out of a box van and talk to some random riders and ask them how many banned substances there are on the wada usada list and ask them to name 20? Guaranteed 85% of the people you ask will not know....your coming on here treating james as a Lance armstrong....dude its not the same and im sorry that you dont have the maturity to understand this...
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/21/2014 7:56pm
If I was James I would handle the situation like this.

James puts out a statement saying, " Hello everyone, I am sorry for all of the commotion. Yes I took Adderall at Seattle supercross and I'm ashamed that I did that knowing it's a banned substance. This was the first and only time I have done this. I'm sorry that I lied and said it was the prescription was by doctors orders. Moving forward I will not take any type of banned substances. To prove this, I will have my blood tested with costs out of my pocket for every event I enter until retirement. I will also give up my points earned at the Seattle supercross, return the purse money to FIM as well as the incentive money that was paid out by sponsors. This mistake I made was a rash decision, I hope all the younger riders out there can learn from my mistakes and not be influenced by my poor decision making skills during a stressful time in my career."

It's that easy.
6/21/2014 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 8:00pm
Seriously you are on a good one man....ive been in and around this sport along with cycling and mtb seen over a couple decades...go into a...
Seriously you are on a good one man....ive been in and around this sport along with cycling and mtb seen over a couple decades...go into a random pit at the top or even a guy racing out of a box van and talk to some random riders and ask them how many banned substances there are on the wada usada list and ask them to name 20? Guaranteed 85% of the people you ask will not know....your coming on here treating james as a Lance armstrong....dude its not the same and im sorry that you dont have the maturity to understand this...
Yeah, that makes sense.

Every sport around is dealing with some type of steroid scandal. James has made millions off MX and he's going to treat it like a back yard football game and not keep up with what drugs he's allowed to take.
steve_97060
6/21/2014 7:59pm
If I was James I would handle the situation like this. James puts out a statement saying, " Hello everyone, I am sorry for all of...

James puts out a statement saying, " Hello everyone, I am sorry for all of the commotion. Yes I took Adderall at Seattle supercross and I'm ashamed that I did that knowing it's a banned substance. This was the first and only time I have done this. I'm sorry that I lied and said it was the prescription was by doctors orders. Moving forward I will not take any type of banned substances. To prove this, I will have my blood tested with costs out of my pocket for every event I enter until retirement. I will also give up my points earned at the Seattle supercross, return the purse money to FIM as well as the incentive money that was paid out by sponsors. This mistake I made was a rash decision, I hope all the younger riders out there can learn from my mistakes and not be influenced by my poor decision making skills during a stressful time in my career."

It's that easy.
orrrrrr...

here is a novel concept..

how about we all wait until the facts come out before we decide what the facts are...
jrt240
6/21/2014 8:02pm
zehn wrote:
jrt240 wrote:
Seriously you are on a good one man....ive been in and around this sport along with cycling and mtb seen over a couple decades...go into a...
Stewie is a millionaire and he's paid to know

As to the rest of the chuckleheads, they would sell your mother into sex slavery for $10. They are hyper aware of the rules and h o w to break them. It is naive to think otherwise. Everyone knows, trust me
6/21/2014 8:02pm
If I was James I would handle the situation like this. James puts out a statement saying, " Hello everyone, I am sorry for all of...

It's that easy.
Id like to know how you know he lied?

Just so much speculation....

How do you know he doesnt have a tue?
6/21/2014 8:05pm
TripleFive wrote:
Yeah, that makes sense. Every sport around is dealing with some type of steroid scandal. James has made millions off MX and he's going to treat...
Yeah, that makes sense.

Every sport around is dealing with some type of steroid scandal. James has made millions off MX and he's going to treat it like a back yard football game and not keep up with what drugs he's allowed to take.
Another kook comment~

Im talking about the broad sceme of things....do I need to reinterprete it in a 3rd grade level read for you?
6/21/2014 8:09pm
jrt240 wrote:
jrt240 wrote:
Stewie is a millionaire and he's paid to know As to the rest of the chuckleheads, they would sell your mother into sex slavery for $10...

As to the rest of the chuckleheads, they would sell your mother into sex slavery for $10. They are hyper aware of the rules and h o w to break them. It is naive to think otherwise. Everyone knows, trust me
Everyone knows, okay let me ask you how many banned substances are on that list? Since you were a professional? Not that it matters cause you'll hit up google to find your answer...but most professional athelets are unaware there are too many and 1000's of ways that they are put into bottles
hvaughn88
6/21/2014 8:12pm
jrt240 wrote:
Stewie is a millionaire and he's paid to know As to the rest of the chuckleheads, they would sell your mother into sex slavery for $10...

Everyone knows, okay let me ask you how many banned substances are on that list? Since you were a professional? Not that it matters cause you'll...
Everyone knows, okay let me ask you how many banned substances are on that list? Since you were a professional? Not that it matters cause you'll hit up google to find your answer...but most professional athelets are unaware there are too many and 1000's of ways that they are put into bottles
But like you just said, google it. You're a professional athlete, do your due diligence
jrt240
6/21/2014 8:18pm
jrt240 wrote:

Everyone knows, okay let me ask you how many banned substances are on that list? Since you were a professional? Not that it matters cause you'll...
Who knows, but the onus is on you to figure it out. Easy to do when you're a millionaire. Would recommend stAying out of the anti aging clinic and consulting any script with your doc. Tell them that that Wada mAkes you piss in a cup, they usually get you in the right direction. No doc in their right mind will put you on epo anything weird without some sort of cognizance

Retired and happy at this point. No worries and never tempted
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/21/2014 8:32pm

It's that easy.

Don't you think they would have things more clear on the first press release that Suzuki put out. I know if I worked for Suzuki, I would definitely add, "Luckily James had filed for a TUE(exemption due to doctors orders)" into the PR?
jrt240
6/21/2014 8:36pm

It's that easy.

Don't you think they would have things more clear on the first press release that Suzuki put out. I know if I worked for Suzuki, I...
Don't you think they would have things more clear on the first press release that Suzuki put out. I know if I worked for Suzuki, I would definitely add, "Luckily James had filed for a TUE(exemption due to doctors orders)" into the PR?
Call lance...you can get one for like 12 months after the fact
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/21/2014 9:02pm
Why would I call lance? If he was actually taking them by doctors orders he should have filed ahead of time. Because moving forward there is no reason to believe he's not having a doctor backdate the paperwork.

The only point I'm trying to make and the one I agree with us that this is james job(multi-million dollar job) He knew that it was banned( or someone in his crew should have investigated), James or his crew should have gone the steps to clear this before it became a problem if it's a factual ADHD problem.

Mr Bean
6/21/2014 9:13pm
orrrrrr...

here is a novel concept..

how about we all wait until the facts come out before we decide what the facts are...
What?!

And put all the "experts" out of work?

Are you aware of how bad this economy is and yet you would still have these people unemployed?

Cold-hearted bastage.
jrt240
6/21/2014 9:17pm
Why would I call lance? If he was actually taking them by doctors orders he should have filed ahead of time. Because moving forward there is...
Why would I call lance? If he was actually taking them by doctors orders he should have filed ahead of time. Because moving forward there is no reason to believe he's not having a doctor backdate the paperwork.

The only point I'm trying to make and the one I agree with us that this is james job(multi-million dollar job) He knew that it was banned( or someone in his crew should have investigated), James or his crew should have gone the steps to clear this before it became a problem if it's a factual ADHD problem.

Agree 100 percent

Preach on

Post a reply to: you guys are all high ('re: stewie)

The Latest