wow. that really sucked.

CozMan
Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 5:59pm
I'm not sure what to say about the "sport" of sx any more.

The "mini" class just hit every single jump (save for the one triple in the little rhythm section) that the 450 pros were doing. I mean, I know that the MEC track is supposed to be a hybrid type track, but who remembers when the 125 PROS couldn't do the triples at sx races? So 13y old kids are now hitting the same lines as their idols? Sigh.

Then the whole "Let ET3 Bye" circus. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but as someone put it, this is truly becoming WWE. You better believe that if the AMA doesn't at least address this (which they won't), these team managers are going to put out standing orders that if your teammate is in front of you and his rival is coming through the pack, ride crazy lines to hold him up or even take him out if you must. MM25 and ET3 are close in points by round 3, and you don't think a Webb would be just fine punting ET3 after a bad start as they battle for 8th place?

It all just makes me sad for the sport. In the pursuit for the "show"...we are losing the heart and soul of indoor motorcycle racing.

C'mon Hangtown!!
|
MXD
10/14/2018 7:25am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 7:28am
Bring those kids to A1 and tell me if they still look the same to you. It's the track, 100%. You said as much without realizing it when you said "who remembers when the 125 PROS couldn't do the triples at sx races? So 13y old kids are now hitting the same lines as their idols?" Do you think today's superminis are faster than factory 125s were? Of course not. It's the track.
wfopete
10/14/2018 7:29am
MEC IS a Circus/WWE. Always has been and will be.

A1 and beyond IS racing. Get over it.
gabrielito
10/14/2018 7:34am
wfopete wrote:

Or maybe the MEC is testing grounds to experiment with the "Monster Jamming" of American MX to see what is best to implement into the series.

The Shop

CozMan
10/14/2018 7:35am
wfopete wrote:

then sending our premier motorcycle teams to compete with our world class athletes in what is admitted to be a "circus" is something that should be talked about. Because there should be no confusion then about why the sport of sx is being increasingly seen as Monster Truck horseshit if the industry itself is ok with sending its million dollar athletes to go goof around in a WWE main event.
MXD
10/14/2018 7:37am
Watching the MEC, I sometimes sit and think "why not just bring some transponders to the Nitro Circus and kill 2 birds with one stone"?
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
10/14/2018 7:59am
Geez, the MEC seems to have given people what they want most: something to bitch about. I had a chance to get together with some friends and watch racing for an evening - was great. I'd rather enjoy it for what it is than moan about what it isn't. If I'm lame for not noticing that it sucked, then so be it. Life is better that way.
Excaliburbmx
10/14/2018 8:00am
If you don’t think Tomac was going to pass Joey before the finish line you are wrong.

Should Joey pull up no. But it was great racing all night.

If you hate it and it’s a circus to you then don’t watch it.
10/14/2018 8:04am
MPJC wrote:
Geez, the MEC seems to have given people what they want most: something to bitch about. I had a chance to get together with some friends...
Geez, the MEC seems to have given people what they want most: something to bitch about. I had a chance to get together with some friends and watch racing for an evening - was great. I'd rather enjoy it for what it is than moan about what it isn't. If I'm lame for not noticing that it sucked, then so be it. Life is better that way.
The cuntyest crybaby bitches I have ever met are motocross riders. Don't like what you see? Then watch something else and STFU. Go ride more or something. This shit is fun. Does your mother know her son is such a weak puss?
10/14/2018 9:10am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/14/295649/s1200_knbs0n5.jpg[/img]

Just looked this up. It's true. Sad loss. She was only 10yrs old. Now that is something to be mad about
Ken202
Fantasy
1460th
10/14/2018 9:55am
Just for a minute let’s put the politics aside. I enjoyed watching Eli attack the shit out of the track. He made some cool passes and had some damn fast corner speed.

Regardless if he went 1-1-2 or 1-1-1 he smoked their asses last night.
BAMX
10/14/2018 10:08am
If you don’t think Tomac was going to pass Joey before the finish line you are wrong. Should Joey pull up no. But it was great...
If you don’t think Tomac was going to pass Joey before the finish line you are wrong.

Should Joey pull up no. But it was great racing all night.

If you hate it and it’s a circus to you then don’t watch it.
Joey did what he needed to do. He is on a new team and needed to support its top rider. It would have been a cold reception if he had ruined that million dollar pay day.

He also saved himself from getting wrecked. If Tomac got anywhere near him and he probably would have, he would have had no choice but to send him into the cheap seats.
Premixed112
10/14/2018 10:36am
Wow, I’ve never seen 20 thumbs down on a post with no thumbs up. I think that says it all Laughing
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/14/2018 10:43am
CozMan wrote:
I'm not sure what to say about the "sport" of sx any more. The "mini" class just hit every single jump (save for the one triple...

The "mini" class just hit every single jump (save for the one triple in the little rhythm section) that the 450 pros were doing. I mean, I know that the MEC track is supposed to be a hybrid type track, but who remembers when the 125 PROS couldn't do the triples at sx races? So 13y old kids are now hitting the same lines as their idols? Sigh.

Then the whole "Let ET3 Bye" circus. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but as someone put it, this is truly becoming WWE. You better believe that if the AMA doesn't at least address this (which they won't), these team managers are going to put out standing orders that if your teammate is in front of you and his rival is coming through the pack, ride crazy lines to hold him up or even take him out if you must. MM25 and ET3 are close in points by round 3, and you don't think a Webb would be just fine punting ET3 after a bad start as they battle for 8th place?

It all just makes me sad for the sport. In the pursuit for the "show"...we are losing the heart and soul of indoor motorcycle racing.

C'mon Hangtown!!
The sport will do just fine WITHOUT you so feel free you piss off and find a sport more in tune for ass hats like you. So please just go away and take all the other guys who rode the beginner class once and then thinks he's a racer.
uk125250
10/14/2018 10:50am
Ken202 wrote:
Just for a minute let’s put the politics aside. I enjoyed watching Eli attack the shit out of the track. He made some cool passes and...
Just for a minute let’s put the politics aside. I enjoyed watching Eli attack the shit out of the track. He made some cool passes and had some damn fast corner speed.

Regardless if he went 1-1-2 or 1-1-1 he smoked their asses last night.
He did. He is the best non gp rider in the world.
10/14/2018 11:16am
CozMan wrote:
I'm not sure what to say about the "sport" of sx any more. The "mini" class just hit every single jump (save for the one triple...

C'mon Hangtown!!
?

None of the superminis tripled through the rhythm.
drt410
10/14/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 11:43am
This forum is somehow even more insufferable than usual. Bitch, bitch, bitch, Herlings.... bitch bitch, Tomac, deathcross, bitch.... let Tomac bye.... somehow SX has turned into an entirely different sport like endurocross lol even tho all the same riders do it. Someone literally said to kno whos the best if ur gonna include sx u need to include everything........ no thats not how it works or ever has worked.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/14/2018 11:33am
If you can't appreciate and enjoy the clinic Eli put on in the last 5 laps of Moto 3 then you should probably fijnd something else to watch. Yeah the deal with Joey is lame but it was great up unitl then. Perhaps the MEC has run its course. That's fine. I don't think too many people would mind if it's went away.
drt410
10/14/2018 11:45am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 11:46am
Sucked? What a doofus. That was great racing. Wahhhhh I saw incredible racing by every class last night yet Herlings wasnt there so it was trashhhhhh. Go away dude. This forum is officially hijacked n I dont see it coming back.
resetjet
10/14/2018 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 1:54pm
It was a good race. I loved the last main. Only Problem was the track. Impossible to pass and a 8 second joker lane. That's so stupid. The longer the joker lane the more chance the leaders are gonna take it last lap when it doesn't really matter. For everyone else it doesnt matter. Your in last you take it first lap. You are now last + 8 seconds I dont get it, not in a 10 lap race. I would always prefer the joker lane to give you a 2 second advantage. That way if someone is holding you up, you take it. Call it free passing lane if you like. You only get to use it once. And as for how one line that was it was almost a joke in itself. Thank god they added the sand so guys could launch into it and make a pass. Change the track and you would have an awesome race.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
10/14/2018 5:51pm
See what happens when Cole Seely doesnt race? Brings down the quality of racing...
Dougy1
10/14/2018 5:59pm
I thought it was epic love SX Eli was flying super exciting last Moto even with Joey slowing down last few corners. Can't wait for A1.
MXON reminds me of an enduro race ..
Sully
10/14/2018 7:40pm
MPJC wrote:
Geez, the MEC seems to have given people what they want most: something to bitch about. I had a chance to get together with some friends...
Absolutely, this^^

My girlfriend was only mildly interested – she thought "the boots with the stars [were] cute" – until she saw Jo Shimoda in the Amateur All Star race (she's Japanese). After that, I think she's hooked.

Post a reply to: wow. that really sucked.

The Latest