Edited Date/Time 9/28/2012 12:01pm
So fucking terrible......
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/13/2012 9:34pm
Examples?

Not that I agree, but one easy answer would be for the same reason that some posters are terrible.
tobz
9/13/2012 9:56pm
Why the fuck do some people cut off their topics half way through?

Btw, how's your radio show going?

The Shop

wildbill
9/13/2012 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2012 10:38pm

They only have one mic. You moran of immense proportions.
Braaap14
9/13/2012 10:25pm
Intro, fart jokes... general we're idiots demeanor. Content, what they get out of their guests & lack of insight into inside scoops and behind the scenes " speculation " as compared to other... well you know.
urbanlift707
9/13/2012 10:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2012 10:40pm
Braaap14 wrote:
Intro, fart jokes... general we're idiots demeanor. Content, what they get out of their guests & lack of insight into inside scoops and behind the scenes...
Intro, fart jokes... general we're idiots demeanor. Content, what they get out of their guests & lack of insight into inside scoops and behind the scenes " speculation " as compared to other... well you know.
Maybe it just not your type of humor, but those dude to me are hilarious. They bring out the personality of the riders, just this last show they got Blake "erin" Wharton to sing all his answers to their questions. Just brings a different angle I think, but if you don't like it don't listen, and its not worth you exerting the energy to push down that 1/16th pound key just to talk shit.
Hanaa80
9/13/2012 11:02pm
Braaap14 wrote:
Intro, fart jokes... general we're idiots demeanor. Content, what they get out of their guests & lack of insight into inside scoops and behind the scenes...
They have done the show for 10 years. You may not like it, but obviously a lot of people do. I'm certainly one of them and I usually don't even like fart jokes. Sometimes they do have scoops and inside info (Roger D interview immediately after he left Suzuki), but I really don't think that's their thing. They're fans, not journalists and they do this for the love of the sport. I really like how they're able to show the personalities of the riders by talking anything BUT moto with them.
Braaap14
9/13/2012 11:25pm
Maybe so, just my thoughts from giving it a shot tonight.
MR. X
9/14/2012 4:09am
Braaap14 wrote:
Shawn142
9/14/2012 4:33am
Braaap14 wrote:
I'll admit I can do without the constant gay jokes. I tune out when they start asking what rider the interviewee would sleep with if he was forced to.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/14/2012 4:47am
The Blake Wharton interview Wednesday night was awesome. Just goes to show his personality away from mx. Both him and Baggett had good interviews.

If you don't like it you don't have to listen.
therealjonon
9/14/2012 5:51am
my only complaint with dmxs is the MIC situation...its loud then quiet then loud again on my end so i have to keep adjusting my volume..

other than that they are great and good shit!
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
9/14/2012 6:51am
Braaap14 wrote:
it might not be your kind of humor but it is a pretty funny show for many and their interviews are top quality, they actually get a ton of quality stuff out of their guests - Reed's interview on their a couple months ago was one of the best anyone got out of Chad. Each radio show has a different vibe and appeal to different audiences. These guys have been at it for 10 years, they've got it pretty dialed in.

They're not into speculating around rumors, I don't think that's something they're interested in and you have another show you listen to if that's what you're into.

One thing you can't beat with the DMXS crew is their knowledge of and involvement in the Amateur scene, they have a pretty good hang on that side of racing which give them a broader knowledge on the US MX scene, I like that they're not over-centered on the AMA MX/SX pro pits "he says she says" life.

It's pretty cool that we have a good choice of radio shows to listen for our little sport. Don't listen to what you don't like.
swizcore
9/14/2012 7:02am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2012 7:04am
You can't come into a DMXS listen expecting it to be the PulpMX Show and vice versa. Two totally different approaches and goals. Both serve their purpose, to resonate with their target demographic.

When you accept each for what it is and don't criticize it for not being what you expected, both are great and bring completely different aspects of moto to the forefront.

But then again, I'm 35 and still think farts are hilarious.
chillrich
9/14/2012 7:15am
I've been listening for over 6 years and look forward to each show, but honestly I skipped almost all of the BW interview. Too much filler and not enough interview. Seems like they have lost some of what made DMXS cool in the first place, hope they get back to what they were.

hellion
9/14/2012 8:29am
It's like listening to Stern or any other established show for the first time. You aren't in on all the long running jokes so you only get part of what's going on. Give it another shot. In a month you will be anxiously awaiting their show.
joltonjay
9/14/2012 8:40am
swizcore wrote:
You can't come into a DMXS listen expecting it to be the PulpMX Show and vice versa. Two totally different approaches and goals. Both serve their...
You can't come into a DMXS listen expecting it to be the PulpMX Show and vice versa. Two totally different approaches and goals. Both serve their purpose, to resonate with their target demographic.

When you accept each for what it is and don't criticize it for not being what you expected, both are great and bring completely different aspects of moto to the forefront.

Hey Swiz, any chance the PulpMX show archive could be divided up by guest like DMXS has their archive? That way if you don't have time to listen to the whole show, you can at least jump to the segment you do want to listen to.
jamma10
9/14/2012 8:44am
I listen to both DMX and Pulp, they're very different but on the whole I think DMX is great.

"I was walking behined Tyler (Wharton) through the pits and thought I was following a show pony!" Grinning
swizcore
9/14/2012 9:37am
swizcore wrote:
You can't come into a DMXS listen expecting it to be the PulpMX Show and vice versa. Two totally different approaches and goals. Both serve their...

joltonjay wrote:
Hey Swiz, any chance the PulpMX show archive could be divided up by guest like DMXS has their archive? That way if you don't have time...
Hey Swiz, any chance the PulpMX show archive could be divided up by guest like DMXS has their archive? That way if you don't have time to listen to the whole show, you can at least jump to the segment you do want to listen to.
I thought about it but it wouldn't work as well with Pulp since the interviews are typically pretty short and the banter with Steve/Kenny/Tits/JT makes up the bulk of the show. Sponsors wouldn't be too pleased either.
ktmyammxdad
9/14/2012 9:54am
I think both shows are awesome and do serve their purpose well. Matthes and Watson are industry insiders for sure, they probably know way more then they let on during the show but that is ok. I do think their interviews could be a little more hard hitting through more direct questions but they have to treat some of these people like royalty for fear of offending them. I do like how Matthes is bluntfully truthful on some of these guys. If you don't like what you are hearing in terms of your results, effort etc..., then change it. DXMS can be so funny. The time they acted like John Tomac was running all the way from Colorado to kick their asses classic. I don't listem to them as much as they are not usually as tapped into what is going on as much as Pulp but they do have great insight on the amatuer scene with the promotional and announcing backgrounds.
Matthes
9/14/2012 10:06am
joltonjay wrote:
Hey Swiz, any chance the PulpMX show archive could be divided up by guest like DMXS has their archive? That way if you don't have time...
DMXS is cool, they were there first and when I started Pulpmx Show w Lindsey I purposely strayed away from copying them. I wanted to be on a different night, take callers, have commercials, dedicated segments, sound drops and all the things they didn't really do. If I were to copy them, I wouldn't be able to do it as good so why bother?

As far as the archiving, exactly what Swiz said is why we don't do it but I can give you a hint- we schedule the guests every half hour or sometimes on the hour. So if you want to get to a guest, just fast forward to the top and bottom of every hour and you should hear someone different.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/14/2012 10:19am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2012 10:20am
Braaap14 wrote:
My advice? If you don't like it, don't listen...but also, don't try and drag them down.
TeamGreen
9/14/2012 10:27am
You get the inside line on what's going on, quick input on the most recent racing, a team manager giving you his perspective on the sport and other teams, an oppoortunity to call or blog during the show, interviews that aren't put thru the filter...and...

You get what you pay for.

So, I'm jus' not seein' it...

The Problem, that is.
joltonjay
9/14/2012 10:39am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2012 10:44am
joltonjay wrote:
Matthes wrote:
DMXS is cool, they were there first and when I started Pulpmx Show w Lindsey I purposely strayed away from copying them. I wanted to be...
DMXS is cool, they were there first and when I started Pulpmx Show w Lindsey I purposely strayed away from copying them. I wanted to be on a different night, take callers, have commercials, dedicated segments, sound drops and all the things they didn't really do. If I were to copy them, I wouldn't be able to do it as good so why bother?

As far as the archiving, exactly what Swiz said is why we don't do it but I can give you a hint- we schedule the guests every half hour or sometimes on the hour. So if you want to get to a guest, just fast forward to the top and bottom of every hour and you should hear someone different.
Thanks Steve and Swiz for the input and we all should appreciate the extra insight we get these days. It wasn't that long ago when the only info you got was from the monthly mags or from Cycle News.

Post a reply to: why is dmxs?

The Latest