why did Brayton kickstart his bike tonight?

3/19/2018 12:08am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 12:12am
RacerX8 wrote:
I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I...
I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I would take a shit for weight loss pre race and retain the magic button. Rarely did RD5 go down or stall in a corner but when he did you barely knew, refire and roll.
You kids will never get the difference between you being fat and your bike being fat. A shit won't make your bike feel better.
RacerX8 wrote:
Not a kid here, at the elite level in any sport I can accept most anything that gives an athlete a psychological advantage. I wonder how...
Not a kid here, at the elite level in any sport I can accept most anything that gives an athlete a psychological advantage. I wonder how his lit pro lap times compare with electric start vs without or is it just a "feel" thing? It seems that JB may be giving an advantage to the orange and white competition, risk/reward.
Wasn't JB10 previously on orange, and now with the kickstarter (or whatever other changes) he is doing much better?

It seems like when a guy with that many years under his belt is having the best season of his career, it might not be the time to question his bike setup.
mx317
3/19/2018 5:22am
ML512 wrote:
It’s an 18, they remove it to lose weight and I’ve heard the feel of the engine due to the extra gears in motion...
Helder wrote:
Correct me if I’m retatd but without looking at a gear box break down other then starting the bike what other gears would be in motion...
Correct me if I’m retatd but without looking at a gear box break down other then starting the bike what other gears would be in motion that aren’t already with a kickstarter
tmauto769 wrote:
There is a one way bearing in there somewhere, it has been almost a year since I put the estart kit in my '17 so I...
There is a one way bearing in there somewhere, it has been almost a year since I put the estart kit in my '17 so I can't really remember where it is. But I would really like to see a dyno with and without, as I seriously doubt there is a difference either way. I didn't notice a difference with or without.
I think the kickstart idler gears would also be spinning like the e-start gears and the difference wouldn't be noticeable with the kickstart gears removed.
RonJon
3/19/2018 6:33am
I was told by my friend who is a Honda supported privateer, that Honda recommended their guys remove the kick start for supercross for weight. MCR bikes have the stock transmissions in them, brayton just gets a couple of works goodies outside of suspension.
3/19/2018 4:02pm
RacerX8 wrote:
I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I...
I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I would take a shit for weight loss pre race and retain the magic button. Rarely did RD5 go down or stall in a corner but when he did you barely knew, refire and roll.
It also caused him a DNF at Red Bud when he couldn't get his bike restarted due to a failure.

The Shop

3/19/2018 5:09pm
RacerX8 wrote:
You kids will never get the difference between you being fat and your bike being fat. A shit won't make your bike feel better.
RacerX8 wrote:
Not a kid here, at the elite level in any sport I can accept most anything that gives an athlete a psychological advantage. I wonder how...
Not a kid here, at the elite level in any sport I can accept most anything that gives an athlete a psychological advantage. I wonder how his lit pro lap times compare with electric start vs without or is it just a "feel" thing? It seems that JB may be giving an advantage to the orange and white competition, risk/reward.
I hope he made the right decision, Tomac would be the reigning champ if he had a button.
RacerX8
3/20/2018 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 9:12am
RacerX8 wrote:
I hope he made the right decision, Tomac would be the reigning champ if he had a button.
That's why I said risk/reward, personal preference obviously but it was thought and proven by guys like RD5 that the button was highly advantageous to have at times. With being quicker to reignite and less heart rate spike and fatigue due to a stubborn starting bike it would seem to be the way to go, use the extra time to adjust googles, levers etc. Now with the Kawi having it I'd think this is the new standard so why build the bike and remove it? You would think that these elite guys would adapt to the changes in bike attitude with the amount of seat time they garner, like the guys who went most of their careers without neck braces but then switched.
3/20/2018 12:26pm
RacerX8 wrote:
That's why I said risk/reward, personal preference obviously but it was thought and proven by guys like RD5 that the button was highly advantageous to have...
That's why I said risk/reward, personal preference obviously but it was thought and proven by guys like RD5 that the button was highly advantageous to have at times. With being quicker to reignite and less heart rate spike and fatigue due to a stubborn starting bike it would seem to be the way to go, use the extra time to adjust googles, levers etc. Now with the Kawi having it I'd think this is the new standard so why build the bike and remove it? You would think that these elite guys would adapt to the changes in bike attitude with the amount of seat time they garner, like the guys who went most of their careers without neck braces but then switched.
Kindof offtopic:

Imagine the New kawi with estart.
Tomac May get up to speed after just 45seconds, after levers, pants, jersey and adjusting the mirrors?

Post a reply to: why did Brayton kickstart his bike tonight?

The Latest