why did Brayton kickstart his bike tonight?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2018 8:54 PM

The 18 Hondas have a button? Whats up with that?

|

3/17/2018 8:56 PM

He doesn’t like the weight of the starting device.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/17/2018 8:57 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Its a 17

|

3/17/2018 9:05 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

I thought I read somewhere that they tested with it
On the bike and he decided to toss it for weight.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/17/2018 9:10 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that they tested with it
On the bike and he decided to toss it for weight.

Not sure, i thought it was a 17,. My bad if it isnt.

|

3/17/2018 9:15 PM

It's easier to win if the bikes running

|

3/17/2018 9:24 PM

To start it.

|

James

3/17/2018 9:28 PM

If he starts to have problems with killing it during the race maybe they will reconsider their choice.

|

No brains, No headaches.

3/17/2018 9:32 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

It’s an 18, they remove it to lose weight and I’ve heard the feel of the engine due to the extra gears in motion...

|

3/17/2018 9:40 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

ML512 wrote:

It’s an 18, they remove it to lose weight and I’ve heard the feel of the engine due to the extra gears in motion...

Correct me if I’m retatd but without looking at a gear box break down other then starting the bike what other gears would be in motion that aren’t already with a kickstarter

|

3/17/2018 9:49 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

ML512 wrote:

Helder wrote:

Correct me if I’m retatd but without looking at a gear box break down other then starting the bike what other gears would be ...more

I haven’t looked at the layout just a comment I heard and I’m not labeling it as any sort of fact.

|

3/17/2018 9:50 PM

He's been doing the same thing all year.

|

3/17/2018 10:34 PM

They pulled it off to save weight. It was in beauties interview on pulp before Daytona. He said being a privateer effort they wanted to dump as much weight as possible and that was the biggest cut they could make ditching the battery and starter.

|

3/17/2018 10:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2018 10:49 PM

ralph said he was "honda supported" do showa works forks and a nissin caliper constitute honda supported? neither one of those companies is honda.

ETA: stock transmission - fuck saying honda supported. ralph being a moran again

|

3/17/2018 10:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2018 10:52 PM

milliebays wrote:

ralph said he was "honda supported" do showa works forks and a nissin caliper constitute honda supported? neither one of those ...more

Stock transmission, but I think he gets a few other things from Honda.

|

-streets-

3/18/2018 1:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 1:46 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

Do you really think that a rider like brayton whos winning races and is 3rd in points is riding on an old bike? Lol

|

3/18/2018 1:51 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

Sideways wrote:

Do you really think that a rider like brayton whos winning races and is 3rd in points is riding on an old bike? Lol

It’s the same thing as an 18. Lol

Just a bunch of parts put together.

|

3/18/2018 4:01 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

It’s the same thing as an 18. Lol

Just a bunch of parts put together.

Hes right you know.....

|

3/18/2018 5:28 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

ML512 wrote:

Helder wrote:

Correct me if I’m retatd but without looking at a gear box break down other then starting the bike what other gears would be ...more

There is a one way bearing in there somewhere, it has been almost a year since I put the estart kit in my '17 so I can't really remember where it is. But I would really like to see a dyno with and without, as I seriously doubt there is a difference either way. I didn't notice a difference with or without.

|

3/18/2018 5:55 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

Sideways wrote:

My bad. Thought their 17 bikes were dialed in, 18 model not much different.

|

3/18/2018 7:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 7:09 AM

milliebays wrote:

ralph said he was "honda supported" do showa works forks and a nissin caliper constitute honda supported? neither one of those ...more

They’re a Honda support team, their stock bikes are supplied by them along with OEM parts. Beyond that, Honda shares some technical info with them, suggestions of things to try, etc.

As for the caliper and forks/shock, for Brayton those are supplied by HRC Honda. The brake caliper is their spec they order from Nissin and they pass it onto him. The suspension is from Showa and is a collaboration between Showa and Honda for him having it. The team doesn’t have to pay for it as Honda flips the bill for it and it’s ordered to their spec. When Roczen and Seely were on KYB last year. Having Brayton on Showa allowed HRC to continue to gather data on both systems.

So yes, Ralph is correct....Moran.

|

3/18/2018 7:25 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Its a 17

Sideways wrote:

Why not? A guy name Jeremy McGrath raced an older bike in the early 90's.

|

3/18/2018 7:44 AM

He's signed withthe Panthers as their new kicker and needs the extra work. #Boomstick

|

3/18/2018 10:16 AM

I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I would take a shit for weight loss pre race and retain the magic button. Rarely did RD5 go down or stall in a corner but when he did you barely knew, refire and roll.

|

3/18/2018 7:28 PM

Seeing him do that just saved me 800 bucks! I was gonna buy the kit for my 17, changed my mind

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

3/18/2018 7:36 PM

Koumpounophobia

|

3/18/2018 7:54 PM

Project 2501 wrote:

Koumpounophobia

Yes I might suffer from this!

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

3/18/2018 7:56 PM

RacerX8 wrote:

I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I would take a ...more

You kids will never get the difference between you being fat and your bike being fat. A shit won't make your bike feel better.

|

3/18/2018 8:20 PM

ML512 wrote:

Helder wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I haven’t looked at the layout just a comment I heard and I’m not labeling it as any sort of fact.

Braytons bike has a noticeable different tone to it on the gas. That thing sounds mean

|

3/18/2018 8:44 PM

RacerX8 wrote:

I'm sure as hell not going to try and tell JB how he should set his bikes up but IMO this seems odd, I think I would take a ...more

Lawrence929 wrote:

You kids will never get the difference between you being fat and your bike being fat. A shit won't make your bike feel better. ...more

Not a kid here, at the elite level in any sport I can accept most anything that gives an athlete a psychological advantage. I wonder how his lit pro lap times compare with electric start vs without or is it just a "feel" thing? It seems that JB may be giving an advantage to the orange and white competition, risk/reward.

|