why all this bashing about attendance

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2015 1:48pm
who gives a shit? on one hand the sport is growing too big and too many twits are flocking to it.

on the other the sport needs to grow and get bigger and pay more money to the riders.

Really....who gives a shit besides Feld if there are ten thousand more or ten thousand less on race day?
|
downard254
1/17/2015 9:20am
Cause some people are just bitcher's. It's in their nature.
RY4N37
1/17/2015 9:29am
I suppose to doesn't really matter to most. But i know that if i was going to an event i would want it to be a sellout. Purely for the atmosphere
h&m_cycle
1/17/2015 9:40am
RY4N37 wrote:
I suppose to doesn't really matter to most. But i know that if i was going to an event i would want it to be a...
I suppose to doesn't really matter to most. But i know that if i was going to an event i would want it to be a sellout. Purely for the atmosphere
I'd rather it be empty, better chance of moving to better seats

The Shop

OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
1/17/2015 9:42am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2015 9:45am
RY4N37 wrote:
I suppose to doesn't really matter to most. But i know that if i was going to an event i would want it to be a...
h&m_cycle wrote:
That's great, but you won't have to worry about your seats for the next year...............
Coyote
1/17/2015 9:42am
BobbyM wrote:
who gives a shit? on one hand the sport is growing too big and too many twits are flocking to it. on the other the sport...
who gives a shit? on one hand the sport is growing too big and too many twits are flocking to it.

on the other the sport needs to grow and get bigger and pay more money to the riders.

Really....who gives a shit besides Feld if there are ten thousand more or ten thousand less on race day?
yo bob, we gonna see your smiling mud at Oakland??
RY4N37
1/17/2015 9:43am
RY4N37 wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
There aren't many places you can sit in a stadium and not see the whole track. Id rather experience a 60,000 strong atmosphere and not have a perfect view than sit in a silent stadium with the best seats in the house
bvm111
1/17/2015 9:54am
We wanted better TV coverage and we got what we asked for. Now it's easier to stay at home watch in HD on a giant flat screen, invite a bunch of friends over and instead of dropping 500 on the weekend for gas, hotel, food, 100 dollar tickets and 10 dollar Dixie cups of flat Bud Lite!

You miss out on the experience of watching the spectacle of supercross live with the sounds, smells, and monster girls though and that sucks. I just made the call to watch Oakland on TV and hope I can swing SF round later this year due to a bit of a money crunch I'm in right now. Dizzy
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/17/2015 9:56am
bvm111 wrote:
We wanted better TV coverage and we got what we asked for. Now it's easier to stay at home watch in HD on a giant flat...
We wanted better TV coverage and we got what we asked for. Now it's easier to stay at home watch in HD on a giant flat screen, invite a bunch of friends over and instead of dropping 500 on the weekend for gas, hotel, food, 100 dollar tickets and 10 dollar Dixie cups of flat Bud Lite!

You miss out on the experience of watching the spectacle of supercross live with the sounds, smells, and monster girls though and that sucks. I just made the call to watch Oakland on TV and hope I can swing SF round later this year due to a bit of a money crunch I'm in right now. Dizzy
Exactly.
RY4N37
1/17/2015 9:58am
If you genuinely can't afford it then it's fair enough. It's the people who say 'oh its on the TV i can't be arsed to go' that wind me up
h&m_cycle
1/17/2015 9:59am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2015 10:02am
RY4N37 wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
OW38B wrote:
That's great, but you won't have to worry about your seats for the next year...............
I wouldn't go if I had to walk across the street from my house, lived in Orlando for 20 years, didn't go to Daytona, Orlando, Jax or Tampa....

I hate being around LITTLE KIDS, Laughing IT'S ON TV!Laughing

jmx411
1/17/2015 9:59am
RY4N37 wrote:
There aren't many places you can sit in a stadium and not see the whole track. Id rather experience a 60,000 strong atmosphere and not have...
There aren't many places you can sit in a stadium and not see the whole track. Id rather experience a 60,000 strong atmosphere and not have a perfect view than sit in a silent stadium with the best seats in the house
Exactly. That's what makes Atlanta supercross so cool. Having 70,000 in a dome going crazy is unbelievable. I'm scared with two supercross races now it make take away from that.
Hgibbs566
1/17/2015 10:08am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2015 10:10am
What do you think will happen to the sport if people don't go?
RY4N37
1/17/2015 10:09am
jmx411 wrote:
Exactly. That's what makes Atlanta supercross so cool. Having 70,000 in a dome going crazy is unbelievable. I'm scared with two supercross races now it make...
Exactly. That's what makes Atlanta supercross so cool. Having 70,000 in a dome going crazy is unbelievable. I'm scared with two supercross races now it make take away from that.
I kinda thought that too. I guess they have sort of looked at the demand for tickets and figured out that they could have 2 rounds there. I think a few people will go to both, but a lot of people will only do 1. Just because it's a sellout doesn't mean you should put another round there and half the attendance at both of them. If they were going to do it then maybe they could've done it so one was the first round of the east and the other one was round 7 or something. That way people could go to the first one, have a couple of months to get the money to go to the second one.
Outsider
1/17/2015 10:09am
Vital is saving the sport man!

One thread at a time..
RY4N37
1/17/2015 10:11am
h&m_cycle wrote:
OW38B wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
I wouldn't go if I had to walk across the street from my house, lived in Orlando for 20 years, didn't go to Daytona, Orlando, Jax...
I wouldn't go if I had to walk across the street from my house, lived in Orlando for 20 years, didn't go to Daytona, Orlando, Jax or Tampa....

I hate being around LITTLE KIDS, Laughing IT'S ON TV!Laughing

You think you'd still be able to sit at home and watch it on TV if everyone had that mindset?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/17/2015 10:12am
RY4N37 wrote:
There aren't many places you can sit in a stadium and not see the whole track. Id rather experience a 60,000 strong atmosphere and not have...
jmx411 wrote:
Exactly. That's what makes Atlanta supercross so cool. Having 70,000 in a dome going crazy is unbelievable. I'm scared with two supercross races now it make...
Atlanta is great and the old Pontiac race was also really cool with the track going in the stands and the super-dome was neat with a few of the factory rigs parked on the stadium floor.
ktm212
1/17/2015 10:15am
usually too focused on the racing to notice how many people are in the stands, poor turn outs arent good but its the same every year, the fluctuate. with live tv, twitter, instagram, instead of driving 12 hours to the nearest round you can just watch on tv. want more people in the stands? bring it to more cities.
RY4N37
1/17/2015 10:25am
ktm212 wrote:
usually too focused on the racing to notice how many people are in the stands, poor turn outs arent good but its the same every year...
usually too focused on the racing to notice how many people are in the stands, poor turn outs arent good but its the same every year, the fluctuate. with live tv, twitter, instagram, instead of driving 12 hours to the nearest round you can just watch on tv. want more people in the stands? bring it to more cities.
I agree with you there. No idea why there has to be 3 at Anaheim, 2 in San Francisco and 2 at Atlanta. Far as I'm concerned there is 4 races there that could be held in places that don't normally get one
40Plus_922mx
1/17/2015 11:55am
Who gives a $#!÷ about this post?
Bobby some peole care about the sport even when we have nothing to gain. If the attendance starts dropping then they need to pay attention. If you don't understand that then you are dumb.
JeepnMike
1/17/2015 11:56am
I think the folks that are harping on low attendance at races are the ones that have been eyeing ticket prices. It drives me nuts to see how expensive ticket prices are now and pricing is honestly what keeps me from attending live races too. I don't start threads about it here, but it really bugs me to see how much ticket prices have gone up.
gharmon
1/17/2015 12:21pm
RY4N37 wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
And much easier to get up and take a piss!!!
Vonripper450
1/17/2015 12:26pm
ktm212 wrote:
usually too focused on the racing to notice how many people are in the stands, poor turn outs arent good but its the same every year...
RY4N37 wrote:
I agree with you there. No idea why there has to be 3 at Anaheim, 2 in San Francisco and 2 at Atlanta. Far as I'm...
I agree with you there. No idea why there has to be 3 at Anaheim, 2 in San Francisco and 2 at Atlanta. Far as I'm concerned there is 4 races there that could be held in places that don't normally get one
I'm with you guys. People harp on attendance because of the Anahiem 3's and the Atlanta 2's. Spread the wealth around and bring it to other cities.
BobbyM
1/17/2015 12:26pm
BobbyM wrote:
who gives a shit? on one hand the sport is growing too big and too many twits are flocking to it. on the other the sport...

Coyote wrote:
yo bob, we gonna see your smiling mud at Oakland??
Oakland...nope, SC hopefully
rcannon
1/17/2015 12:31pm
I wonder if having the event LIVE, might have something to do with it? Or, an event that caters to the same people, being shown three times over a 6 weed period? Hum.....

Na...its way too much fun to deal with parking lot attendants, crowds, money....

What we need is to get this off of live tv...OH wait? We complain about that too....

Ok, some sort of patrol. Go door to door of neghborhoods. If they see you watching live supercross, haul you out of the house and beat the shit out of you. Only for peopel within 100 miles of the stadium. No exemption for the elderly. Its time to get serious.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/17/2015 12:35pm
JeepnMike wrote:
I think the folks that are harping on low attendance at races are the ones that have been eyeing ticket prices. It drives me nuts to...
I think the folks that are harping on low attendance at races are the ones that have been eyeing ticket prices. It drives me nuts to see how expensive ticket prices are now and pricing is honestly what keeps me from attending live races too. I don't start threads about it here, but it really bugs me to see how much ticket prices have gone up.
Things are getting more expensive. Have you been to another live sporting event lately? It cost me over $300 to buy two tickets to an upcoming Mavs/Rockets game here in Dallas. I have partial season tickets which I got 10 games for $850 (which was a deal in regards to the price). I had to buy an additional ticket for a friend to an unpopular game that still cost $105. Yes, NBA is greatly more popular than Supercross but there are also 41 home games a year. I went to a Dallas Cowboys game 2 years ago and sat in the section I typically sit in for Supercross and the ticket was nearly 10 times the price.

I went to the Indycar race in Dallas a couple of years ago and it was more expensive than Supercross. I don't even want to say how expensive the Formula 1 tickets in Austin are... heads might explode in here if that number gets tossed around.

I understand not wanting to spend the money or not being able to spend the money to go to a live sporting event but to think that Supercross is all of a sudden expensive, well that just isn't correct relative to what it is.
40Plus_922mx
1/17/2015 12:46pm
3 Anaheims is good for the sport. It drops the cost substantially being able to keep the dirt in etc. And So Cal has the deepest demos for the sport.
1/17/2015 1:42pm
I hope they all sell out and supercross/motocross bumps the ball games down a notch. I spent a good part of 30 years pushing my motocross love to see how many more people I can get into this great sport. Ride on...
WRH
1/17/2015 1:44pm
So where is the supercross televised this year?

Post a reply to: why all this bashing about attendance

The Latest