who else misses rooting for Kyle Regal?

bt260
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:39am
anyone?
|
Feldspar
7/1/2011 7:37pm
Supercross only guys, I just look at them in a totally different way.
TX24
7/1/2011 8:28pm
Heck yea.
Sandberm
7/1/2011 8:40pm
Why in the world couldnt he have gotten a contract to race sx with James and then MX with some other team? Why is it when you sign up for the Larry brooks treatment you are banned from mx?

Regal should be the fill-in at motoconcepts.

I know how i get when i dont work much, i get fat and lazy. Hope hes able to keep his spirits up just practiceing all the time.

The Shop

HighCam
7/1/2011 9:00pm
Sandberm wrote:
Why in the world couldnt he have gotten a contract to race sx with James and then MX with some other team? Why is it when...
Why in the world couldnt he have gotten a contract to race sx with James and then MX with some other team? Why is it when you sign up for the Larry brooks treatment you are banned from mx?

I know how i get when i dont work much, i get fat and lazy. Hope hes able to keep his spirits up just practiceing all the time.
Sorry to inform you that Larry Brooks had nothing to do with Regal missing the MX series this year. When Regal signed with L&M, they were doing the first 4 MX races of this year series. But after he was bought out or forced out and James Stewart took over the team, Regal was out of the MX series. Sounds like James Stewart didn't want to do the MX series this year, just like in 2009 and 2010. 2010 Stewart raced Unadilla and then ran away. Didn't want to test and try to get better, just left with his tail between his legs.
jeffro503
7/1/2011 9:05pm
Sandberm wrote:
Why in the world couldnt he have gotten a contract to race sx with James and then MX with some other team? Why is it when...

HighCam wrote:
Sorry to inform you that Larry Brooks had nothing to do with Regal missing the MX series this year. When Regal signed with L&M, they were...
Sorry to inform you that Larry Brooks had nothing to do with Regal missing the MX series this year. When Regal signed with L&M, they were doing the first 4 MX races of this year series. But after he was bought out or forced out and James Stewart took over the team, Regal was out of the MX series. Sounds like James Stewart didn't want to do the MX series this year, just like in 2009 and 2010. 2010 Stewart raced Unadilla and then ran away. Didn't want to test and try to get better, just left with his tail between his legs.
And yet the dumbass posts something along the lines about how it isn't his fault he isn't racing MX. yeah it is........it's called being a lazy ass. Hopefully Regal will have a good contract next year with someone who wants him to do both. Damn kid was on fire last year. Shame not seeing him out there.
90smxer
7/1/2011 9:10pm
What I don't understand is why a guy like Regal, who sucks at SX, would sign an SX mostly deal. The only reason people know his name is due to his MX results. Even if he did get some dough this year for his SX mostly deal, I would assume his stock is a no go for many teams now.
ocscottie
7/1/2011 9:15pm
posted this vid on the homepage this morning of a helmet cam vid of him, made me miss seeing him outdoors.
newmann
7/1/2011 9:22pm
He kicked some ass at the MXdN last year as well beating many of the worlds best in the outdoors. Looked like that was where he was going to shine. I was a little dumbfounded over the SX only gig with him as well. Wish him the best though, seems like a really good guy.
ktm764
7/1/2011 9:27pm
I miss kyle but not his teammate.
fader418
7/1/2011 9:50pm
Sandberm wrote:

Dont blame it on LB thats BS! ok, then why isnt James racing nationals? pretty sure LB is "still on vacation" and why did James say he is gonna race the first 4? oh wait he says that every year..the fastest man to hit the planet.....oh sorry this is a Kyle Regal thread..Sucks Kyle isnt out there he has a good chance of finishing in the top 3!
jeffro503
7/2/2011 1:05am
ocscottie wrote:
posted [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/A-Lap-Around-Underground-With-Kyle-Regal,3688/593films,19866]this vid[/url] on the homepage this morning of a helmet cam vid of him, made me miss seeing him outdoors.
posted this vid on the homepage this morning of a helmet cam vid of him, made me miss seeing him outdoors.
WOW!....good to see Kyle back on an outdoor track! That has to be the best helmet cam whip I have ever seen. right at 35 sec in........effin' awesome!
Sandberm
7/2/2011 6:44am
From the outside looking in I do not get why the 2nd rider for team Sanmanuel Yamaha, whether that team is headed by James, LB, Chad, whoever, is signed to a contract that lasts longer then the duration of the Supercross series. It would seem that since the 2nd rider is makeing substantially less money then the star of the team that the decent thing to do would be to let that rider earn a living rideing elsewhere.

If i work building houses and my employer lines me up to build a house from January to May but says when that job is done they arent going to have anymore jobs till next January, id go find a job somewhere else to earn some money from May till the end of the year. Why would my Jan. thru May employer care what i did with the other 7 months of the year?....especially if he may not even want me back next January?

It just seems odd to pay people to do nothing.
kongols
7/2/2011 6:49am
Sandberm wrote:
From the outside looking in I do not get why the 2nd rider for team Sanmanuel Yamaha, whether that team is headed by James, LB, Chad...
From the outside looking in I do not get why the 2nd rider for team Sanmanuel Yamaha, whether that team is headed by James, LB, Chad, whoever, is signed to a contract that lasts longer then the duration of the Supercross series. It would seem that since the 2nd rider is makeing substantially less money then the star of the team that the decent thing to do would be to let that rider earn a living rideing elsewhere.

If i work building houses and my employer lines me up to build a house from January to May but says when that job is done they arent going to have anymore jobs till next January, id go find a job somewhere else to earn some money from May till the end of the year. Why would my Jan. thru May employer care what i did with the other 7 months of the year?....especially if he may not even want me back next January?

It just seems odd to pay people to do nothing.
I`m sure he`s getting paid all year round.
Shawn142
7/2/2011 7:07am
ocscottie wrote:
posted [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/A-Lap-Around-Underground-With-Kyle-Regal,3688/593films,19866]this vid[/url] on the homepage this morning of a helmet cam vid of him, made me miss seeing him outdoors.
jeffro503 wrote:
WOW!....good to see Kyle back on an outdoor track! That has to be the best helmet cam whip I have ever seen. right at 35 sec...
WOW!....good to see Kyle back on an outdoor track! That has to be the best helmet cam whip I have ever seen. right at 35 sec in........effin' awesome!
I love that track, great facility. I really don't know what the deal is. Kyle is still riding a JSE Yami, but I sure didn't see any mention of him racing the Monster Cup along with James. Maybe that's because instead of a press release from a team manager James just throws it down on Twitter with bad grammar. His idea of PR is truly unreal.
7/2/2011 9:42am
Regal was in a van last year. And james has more than one bus?

Send him out there with sorby and some gas money and a video camera to entertain us.

Unless regal is hurt some one needs to remind him you are just 19 only one time and he ain't getting this summer back.

But yeah. I wish he was out there.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
7/2/2011 9:57am
Would be nice to have him on the line for sure.
Has anybody asked what his thoughts are on this?
Blaming the team for this is kind of dumb,I am sure he wasn't forced to sign with them.
mxb2
7/2/2011 10:56am
neverwas wrote:
Would be nice to have him on the line for sure. Has anybody asked what his thoughts are on this? Blaming the team for this is...
Would be nice to have him on the line for sure.
Has anybody asked what his thoughts are on this?
Blaming the team for this is kind of dumb,I am sure he wasn't forced to sign with them.
X2
MT MX
7/2/2011 12:25pm
HighCam wrote:
Sorry to inform you that Larry Brooks had nothing to do with Regal missing the MX series this year. When Regal signed with L&M, they were...
I'm glad you know everything again.....fuggin' doosh. Typical comment from you.
Taylor156
7/2/2011 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2011 12:42pm
There wasn't enough money for him to at least run a sprinter van and race outdoors which is his specialty ?

throw him on jlaws bike! malcolm and him r best friends good fit
Coyote
7/2/2011 4:07pm
Tell ya, I miss seeing him out there as I am positive he would be in the top 5...don't have much for them 3 friggin guys but he'd be 4th or 5th for damn sure. Hope he pulls it together for 2012 and feel bad for him getting caught up in the Stewie drama.
Taylor156
7/2/2011 4:13pm
Love seeing guys who just wanna ride and get up there, bumed for Kyle, I will start a fund to get him at steel city and see what the sponsors are missing out on.

I'm sure star racing wouldn't mind a 450 top guy ?
WFO
7/2/2011 4:43pm
Sandberm wrote:

HighCam wrote:
You're off base on almost everything in your post except Brooks didn't have anything to do with Regal not riding. They both tested the bikes and are NOT riding in the outdoor series. Lots of politics involved,.....Regal is a Super kid and Really wants to Race.
mb60
7/2/2011 4:54pm
Boy I swear there are so many people with inside information but really know one with the facts. Regal knew who he was signing with when he joined the team. Bash Stewart all you want but make Regal out as the poor guy who cant go racing. There has to be something more then people know to all the facts about the contract.
Mod Killer
7/2/2011 5:02pm
i kinda think regal should be counting his lucky stars he aint out there. im probably the minority in this thinking but while sitting out, his stock hasnt dropped. meanwhile there are some really good racers just struggling to stay in the top 7-8. the field is so fucking deep. you got a solid "fantastic 4" of 2, 1, 22, and 800 and then kdub and milsaps battling for a best of the rest title that is easily 11 guys deep.

regal would be in that "best of the rest" group. a dangerous place to be if you ask me. so competitive.
Coyote
7/2/2011 5:02pm
mb60 wrote:
Boy I swear there are so many people with inside information but really know one with the facts. Regal knew who he was signing with when...
Boy I swear there are so many people with inside information but really know one with the facts. Regal knew who he was signing with when he joined the team. Bash Stewart all you want but make Regal out as the poor guy who cant go racing. There has to be something more then people know to all the facts about the contract.
Speaking of in the know!!! 2 frikkin weeks before Hangtown here's the scenario, 33% chance we're going racing the whole series, 33% chance we're only doing a partial series, 33% change we're not going!! Quote from James to Kyle!! Where's LB when they need him??
mb60
7/2/2011 5:10pm
mb60 wrote:
Boy I swear there are so many people with inside information but really know one with the facts. Regal knew who he was signing with when...
Coyote wrote:
Speaking of in the know!!! 2 frikkin weeks before Hangtown here's the scenario, 33% chance we're going racing the whole series, 33% chance we're only doing...
Speaking of in the know!!! 2 frikkin weeks before Hangtown here's the scenario, 33% chance we're going racing the whole series, 33% chance we're only doing a partial series, 33% change we're not going!! Quote from James to Kyle!! Where's LB when they need him??
Again where did that come from ??? Was there a official release from anybody or did I just miss it ??? I'm sure the truth will come out sometime but it seems nobody in the industry can or is willing to try for the real story. I would love to be seeing both of them out there but it's not going to happen this year.

Post a reply to: who else misses rooting for Kyle Regal?

The Latest