who do you think is the most complete MX rider in the world right now?

may104
Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 11:34am
This question could spark some interest. When you think of the fastest rider in the world is that rider actually the most complete rider? Right at this moment (based on whats been going on already in 2018, last years results and even years prior and what each racer went through to get there) Jeffrey Herrlings is my fastest rider out there with Eli in 2nd ( I don't even like Eli, but he is fast, Ill give him that) But when you dissect the question of who is the "most complete" rider, I come up with a difference answer. Even at his age and being in the sport longer than anyone than say Chad Reed, Antonio Cairolli is my most complete rider in Motocross ATM. What he can do on a motorcycle is mind blowing and at times it seems like with no effort. Watching the Italy MX Championship race a few days ago he was on another level and almost embarrassed the competition. Not only is he insanely fast, but he is a very intelligent racer. Its a shame he never came to America to race Supercross, but then again the amount of MXGP Championships he has won is incredible. Sorry El_Hombre, you are the man, but that Little Italian can F$ckin Rip!
|
MXD
2/6/2018 9:23am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 9:25am
Zach-O gets my vote. The dude has dominated both indoors and out and can also ride the wheels off his bike in the woods.
NorCal 50+
2/6/2018 9:24am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 9:34am
To me, the most complete and impressive racer as a whole in the past ten years was Ryan Dungey. The dude had an almost supernatural consistency, could uncork speed at any time, mentally resilient and focused, avoided injury, was perfect for sponsors, was humble and a great role model. You can't point to hardly any flaws.

As far as racers running right now, I think AC is a great argument. His ability to ride different terrain is nothing short of incredible.

The Shop

RACERX69
2/6/2018 9:39am
^^NorCal50+^^ for the win. Even though RD 5 is officially retired, he's still relevant.
Nobody comes close. While JH and AC are outdoor moto gods, they're not even a pimple on Ryan's azz when it comes to SX.
Until JH or AC can ride SX at Ryan's level, they're not as "complete".
2/6/2018 9:47am
RACERX69 wrote:
^^NorCal50+^^ for the win. Even though RD 5 is officially retired, he's still relevant. Nobody comes close. While JH and AC are outdoor moto gods, they're...
^^NorCal50+^^ for the win. Even though RD 5 is officially retired, he's still relevant.
Nobody comes close. While JH and AC are outdoor moto gods, they're not even a pimple on Ryan's azz when it comes to SX.
Until JH or AC can ride SX at Ryan's level, they're not as "complete".
If Dungey is relevant then so is RC. End of discussion then. Wink
2/6/2018 9:48am
For now I'll stick with Cairoli out of respect until someone proves otherwise.

But by the summer, I think we'll all agree it's Herlings.

HenryA
2/6/2018 10:37am
Haven't seen Roczen ride outdoors since his accident (obviously) but if he's close to his 2016 form then Roczen is the man.
agn5009
2/6/2018 10:46am
Anderson. Kicking butt in SX right now and has won a Moto at the MXDN. Take one SX race and one MX race over the course of a weekend and average the two scores I think he would be the best.

Unless tomac can get his shit together.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/6/2018 11:04am
This is a tough question to answer because the target is always moving. Who is fastest? Who has the best conditioning? Who gets the best starts? All these things may change from day to day, but the rider who I'd bet money on right now as the most likely to win any one race? Jason Anderson.

Supercross, outdoors, rain or shine, good start or bad, all play into it. However, if you really want to identify the one big X factor that means the most, it is attitude. I think Anderson has finally decided that he is the man and he's been proving it. Carmichael had such an attitude, and Anderson now has it in spades. We'll see if he can keep it.
TDeath21
2/6/2018 11:06am
MX only? Probably Roczen. He’s been robbed of a few titles due to SX. Dominated Herlings before coming over, so I have to assume he’d still be doing the same. Cairoli is the only one I’d put against him.
Whip
Fantasy
3240th
2/6/2018 11:49am
2/6/2018 12:00pm
TDeath21 wrote:
MX only? Probably Roczen. He’s been robbed of a few titles due to SX. Dominated Herlings before coming over, so I have to assume he’d still...
MX only? Probably Roczen. He’s been robbed of a few titles due to SX. Dominated Herlings before coming over, so I have to assume he’d still be doing the same. Cairoli is the only one I’d put against him.
You're going by 2011? Seven years ago, when Roczen and Herlings were first and second and both were teenagers? Are you serious?

Then it must be Musquin hands-down, because he beat Roczen two years straight before that.

No wait, Herlings dropped in as a visitor last August and torched the AMA field on a borrowed bike. Things change.

Wait, no no no, Webb had already proven he was faster than Herlings the year before that. So what happened?

hyler199
2/6/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 12:03pm
MXD wrote:
Zach-O gets my vote. The dude has dominated both indoors and out and can also ride the wheels off his bike in the woods.
Since the topic of the group says "Most complete MOTOCROSS rider in the world"

If its moto only id say AC222 and JH84. I saw Herlings(instagram) ride some enduro after the season last year and he definately wasnt up to snuff like the dudes he was riding with haha.

If we are talking about the "Most complete rider in the world" right now Id say Zach Osborne, he rides amazing in MX, SX and Offroad.

Christophe Charlier came out of racing Enduro to help lay the smackdown at last years MXDN.
Forty
2/6/2018 12:10pm
OP asked for MX rider....going out side that to include other disciplines opens the door to many and some great discussion.

If we're looking for the best MX rider right now watch the opener in Italy for your answer.....and learn some shit about riding the sand.
Turbojez
2/6/2018 12:38pm
Antonio with Jeffrey behind him and Roczen in 3rd.
ktmwoods
2/6/2018 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 12:43pm
I’ll be provacative and say Colton Haaker because kid can do things on a dirtbike (360, etc etc) and race multiple formats like MX, Straight Rhythm, EX, Enduro and is always innovating. OP asked “most complete MX rider” so he left the inside open . . .
MXD
2/6/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 12:52pm
MXD wrote:
hyler199 wrote:
Since the topic of the group says "Most complete MOTOCROSS rider in the world" If its moto only id say AC222 and JH84. I saw Herlings(instagram)...
Since the topic of the group says "Most complete MOTOCROSS rider in the world"

If its moto only id say AC222 and JH84. I saw Herlings(instagram) ride some enduro after the season last year and he definately wasnt up to snuff like the dudes he was riding with haha.

If we are talking about the "Most complete rider in the world" right now Id say Zach Osborne, he rides amazing in MX, SX and Offroad.

Christophe Charlier came out of racing Enduro to help lay the smackdown at last years MXDN.
I misunderstood. Talking strictly moto, I would also say AC.
aees
2/6/2018 1:08pm
AC 222. The way he treated Febvre and Anstie this weekend in last race was just true humiliation. Let them by for some seconds and they he just hit a switch and it looked like they where standing still.

AC can ride sand, hard packed and anything in between. He holeshots or is like worse top 3-5 in his races. Stability himself.

Roczen to unstable, same with Tomac, Herlings and Gajser. Musquin can not keep up with neither Herlings or AC.

AC is Europe version of Dungey, however AC ranks much higher in terms of speed in MX between them two. AC still matches the younger guys in speed while Dungey rode on stability last few years.

Post a reply to: who do you think is the most complete MX rider in the world right now?

The Latest